What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Choice gets autograph from Vick after game (1 Viewer)

GoodLloydHaveMercy said:
thehornet said:
T Love said:
Anyone else see this? I have no idea but will his team mates care? Seems like if your in the NFL, you should act like you belong...Anyone else have any sort of problem with this?
my only problem is you getting hammered on sunday nights and starting lame threads.
really? first your team has to kill everybody and generally make me sick and then you gotta bang on somebody for starting a post? I like the post. It is a little weird to see it. I know you hear about it from time to time but rarely have I seen it captured on camera.My thoughts on Choice getting Vick's autograph?.... "Lucky!!"
Why "LUCKY"? Who gives a #### about a Vick autograph. Hey guys guess what, I got a lowlife of a human's autograph! Oh wait...all of the dog murdering and torturing stuff is forgiven when you win football games. Nevermind, Choice is LUCKY!

He was simply getting the autograph of a hero who has overcome significant personal tragedy. I don't have a problem with it.

Smart business move by Choice. What can Jerry do? Choice isn't used anyway. The second Jerry were to cut him, he would be signed and starting somewhere. He knows he has no chance as long as Felix Jones is standing next to jerry.
:thumbup: Choice wants to be a starter. JJ cuts him and he will be somewhere.

Smart business move by Choice. What can Jerry do? Choice isn't used anyway. The second Jerry were to cut him, he would be signed and starting somewhere. He knows he has no chance as long as Felix Jones is standing next to jerry.
:thumbup: Choice wants to be a starter. JJ cuts him and he will be somewhere.
Pathetic... Choice isn't that good and wouldn't be starting elsewhere. He got an autograph, that's what 3rd string RBs do, I don't see what the big deal is about it.

:football: Choice wants to be a starter. JJ cuts him and he will be somewhere.
Pathetic... Choice isn't that good and wouldn't be starting elsewhere. He got an autograph, that's what 3rd string RBs do, I don't see what the big deal is about it.
:lmao: From the guy who worships a 2nd rate hack like Felix Jones. 3.9 ypc Felix Jones.

:rolleyes: Choice wants to be a starter. JJ cuts him and he will be somewhere.
:lmao: From the guy who worships a 2nd rate hack like Felix Jones. 3.9 ypc Felix Jones.
Choice has a 3.9 YPC this season too... You may want to think before posting.

Fascinating that this is really a story. For once it was interesting to hear from the talking heads on ESPN and the NFL Network. Keyshawn said he would be happy to sign things but never on the field. Tom Jackson said it happened all the time but he never abided by it, because on a personal level he had no interest in consorting with the other team win or lose. Cris Carter said he got autographs all the time, and made it a point to build up an awesome collection of memorabilia he could give his son; viewing it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to amass a collection that few others would be able to match.

Fascinating that this is really a story. For once it was interesting to hear from the talking heads on ESPN and the NFL Network. Keyshawn said he would be happy to sign things but never on the field. Tom Jackson said it happened all the time but he never abided by it, because on a personal level he had no interest in consorting with the other team win or lose. Cris Carter said he got autographs all the time, and made it a point to build up an awesome collection of memorabilia he could give his son; viewing it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to amass a collection that few others would be able to match.
This is how it should be done!

This is how it should be done!
Exactly.I like Choice, but he was a BUSTER for asking for Vick's autograph on the field right after losing to their division rival!

And if this happens all the time, then why did Vick say it was weird and that no one had ever asked for his autograph right after the game ended before?

If Derek Anderson gets skewered by the media for smirking on the sidelines for 2 seconds during a blowout loss, then Choice deserves at least as much criticism since what he did was worse, imo.

switz said:
:) Choice wants to be a starter. JJ cuts him and he will be somewhere.
:) From the guy who worships a 2nd rate hack like Felix Jones. 3.9 ypc Felix Jones.
That's exactly right. I did think. Maybe you should. You said Choice couldn't start for another team, that he is 3rd string RB. I then explained how his stats are the same as the guy you think is a great RB.Understand? You are saying that Choice couldn't start for another team. I show that if he can't neither can Jones.

It's really not wise to try and match football IQ with me. You are out of your league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jones appears to have no vision. If he can get to the corner in space he does fine otherwise he has nothing. They have given him every opprotunity to show something and still nothing but disappointment.

switz said:
:confused: From the guy who worships a 2nd rate hack like Felix Jones. 3.9 ypc Felix Jones.
That's exactly right. I did think. Maybe you should. You said Choice couldn't start for another team, that he is 3rd string RB. I then explained how his stats are the same as the guy you think is a great RB.Understand? You are saying that Choice couldn't start for another team. I show that if he can't neither can Jones.

It's really not wise to try and match football IQ with me. You are out of your league.
You really need to work on your debate skills, you made a statement with absolutely no application, explanation, reasoning, or drawing of a conclusion, not even implicitly.Lol... You're right, not in the same league. I'm like the NFL and you are Pee Wee football.

If you think Choice 3.9 YPC boosted by a good game against a horrible rush defense is equivalent to Jones 3.9 YPC on far more carries, you need to go back to school. Stats out of context are meaningless.

Choice's stats are inflated by a long run in a small sample this year. The long run came on an outside carry against a pass defense. That is classic COP running, not starting running.

Choice averages nearly 2 YPC less than Felix Jones on inside runs, meaning he is not as well suited for every down running.

We've already seen this year that Choice has failed to convert short yardage and goal situations where Jones has succeeded. We've also seen Choice sit behind Jones all season long, and Barber until he was injured.

Choice is a great backup, but that's what he is, a backup.

You really need to work on your debate skills, you made a statement with absolutely no application, explanation, reasoning, or drawing of a conclusion, not even implicitly.Lol... You're right, not in the same league. I'm like the NFL and you are Pee Wee football.

If you think Choice 3.9 YPC boosted by a good game against a horrible rush defense is equivalent to Jones 3.9 YPC on far more carries, you need to go back to school. Stats out of context are meaningless.

Choice's stats are inflated by a long run in a small sample this year. The long run came on an outside carry against a pass defense. That is classic COP running, not starting running.

Choice averages nearly 2 YPC less than Felix Jones on inside runs, meaning he is not as well suited for every down running.

We've already seen this year that Choice has failed to convert short yardage and goal situations where Jones has succeeded. We've also seen Choice sit behind Jones all season long, and Barber until he was injured. :lmao: Yeah, that has nothing to do with being an Ark. alum. :lmao:

Choice is a great backup, but that's what he is, a backup.
Now he's a great backup. Before he was 3rd rate. :lmao: 3.9 per carry buddy. 3.9. Talk him up all you want but the stats don't lie. You can blabber all you want about 1 carry, about Jones this and Jones that. Check their stats for their careers. Not much difference. You've been taken to school.

Since we are on that 'inflated' numbers BS, let's look at your hero. We are going to toss out his inflated carries back when he was in on passing downs and Barber was the main guy.

2008: 6-76 with a long of 60. oops, tossing out the 60 yarder. It was a passing down. 5-16, this dude stinks.

2009: 15-91, long of 49. Tossing out the 49. 14-42. Weak.

See how that works both ways. I know, you can't toss out Felix Jones inflates carry stats. He's your hero.

You can't win. You are the minor leagues at best.

Now he's a great backup. Before he was 3rd rate. :goodposting:
:lmao: You apparently don't realize a 3rd stringer is a backup? Let's get this straight, since you're confused.. anyone not a starter, is a backup.
3.9 per carry buddy. 3.9. Talk him up all you want but the stats don't lie. You can blabber all you want about 1 carry, about Jones this and Jones that. Check their stats for their careers. Not much difference. You've been taken to school.
Haha... Felix has a better YPC every season but this, a better career YPC, and Jones has had more carries each of the last two seasons because he's better. Opportunity comes to the more talented RBs... football 101.
Since we are on that 'inflated' numbers BS, let's look at your hero. We are going to toss out his inflated carries back when he was in on passing downs and Barber was the main guy.2008: 6-76 with a long of 60. oops, tossing out the 60 yarder. It was a passing down. 5-16, this dude stinks.2009: 15-91, long of 49. Tossing out the 49. 14-42. Weak.See how that works both ways. I know, you can't toss out Felix Jones inflates carry stats. He's your hero.
Not even sure where you are getting your numbers from:Jones in '09 on 1st down carries 72 att, 439 yards, 6.1 YPC. Take away his 49 yarder, and he's still 5.5 YPC. That's just 1st down runs. You realize he only had 5 third down carries? And two of those were 3rd and short (3rd and 0-2). Not exactly getting a bump in YPC from passing down carries LOL.Should we break it down some more?In 2009, in I-Formation (clear running situations) Felix averaged 7.3 YPC (53 carries). In shotgun, or passing situation, he averaged 7.2 YPC (only 10 carries). Looks like he actually didn't benefit at all from passing situations.To put it into contrast... in '09 Choice's #s:In I-formation, 4.6 YPC on 17 carries. But 6.0 YPC from shotgun on 25 carries. Stats padded in obvious passing situations.In '08, Jones missed most of the season with an injury, but prior to that, he had 10 carries from I-Formation, and 4.4 YPC. He had zero carries from shotgun. His 60 yard carry, which you discounted BTW, came on first down, traditionally a running, not passing, down. In fact, if you look at the play by play, it was a run from under center, not out of shotgun.For the record, Choice did look pretty good as a starter in '08. I just don't believe he'd be able to sustain that long term, and that most of his success has been due to having fresh legs later in the season., though he did have a good game versus Carolina early last season. Choice reminds me a lot of Barber, a guy who is not super talented, but runs with a lot of heart. As we all saw with Barber, that typically doesn't get you too far as a starter. But it does make for a good backup. ;)Unfortunately ESPN doesn't show carries by formation for 2010. But if you'd simply watch the games you would see that Choice was having a terrible year, then he got to play the Colts and had a decent game, then he sucked again the following week. If you need another lesson in football 101, just ask. I can see you've got a lot to learn.P.S. Next time, instead of pulling numbers out of where the sun don't shine, try doing the research.

:goodposting:

Pro-football reference. Learn to use it. Your guy is a middle of the road RB. Face it. 3.9 ypc. I'm not defending Choice. I'm laughing at you thinking Jones is some sort of god-like RB.

:lol: Pro-football reference. Learn to use it. Your guy is a middle of the road RB. Face it. 3.9 ypc. I'm not defending Choice. I'm laughing at you thinking Jones is some sort of god-like RB.
I'm exceptionally familiar with pro-football-reference, and your numbers don't match up to PFR's either. Glad you realized you couldn't counter any of the points I made.I don't think Jones is some sort of god-like RB, just far better than the FBG mob thinks. He's a top tier talent, and far better than Choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
:unsure:

Pro-football reference. Learn to use it. Your guy is a middle of the road RB. Face it. 3.9 ypc. I'm not defending Choice. I'm laughing at you thinking Jones is some sort of god-like RB.
I'm exceptionally familiar with pro-football-reference. Glad you realized you couldn't counter any of the points I made.I don't think Jones is some sort of god-like RB, just far better than the FBG mob thinks. He's a top tier talent, and far better than Choice.
Sorry, but the stats prove otherwise. You can state all kinds of crapola. Remove some of Choice's runs based on what fits your agenda but their numbers are similar. He's not even close to a top talent. The guy is not even in the top 20. Chris Ivory has superior numbers to Jones and he's hurt all the time. Old man Ricky Williams has beter numbers than this clown.Top-tier. :lmao:

:unsure:

I'm exceptionally familiar with pro-football-reference, and your numbers don't match up to PFR's either. Glad you realized you couldn't counter any of the points I made.I don't think Jones is some sort of god-like RB, just far better than the FBG mob thinks. He's a top tier talent, and far better than Choice.
Apaprently not. reomve the long run and check out the 5-16 here: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...00809210gnb.htmNot going to bother with the second example. Look that one up for yourself.

:confused:

I'm exceptionally familiar with pro-football-reference. Glad you realized you couldn't counter any of the points I made.I don't think Jones is some sort of god-like RB, just far better than the FBG mob thinks. He's a top tier talent, and far better than Choice.
Sorry, but the stats prove otherwise. You can state all kinds of crapola. Remove some of Choice's runs based on what fits your agenda but their numbers are similar. He's not even close to a top talent. The guy is not even in the top 20. Chris Ivory has superior numbers to Jones and he's hurt all the time. Old man Ricky Williams has beter numbers than this clown.
The stats this year, are a product of the offensive line being awful. Choice's numbers are down as well, and so are Barber's - all due to a bad OL. Stats are only good if you can evaluate them in context. Did you check Choice's numbers outside of the game against IND? Did you look at his short yardage results? Have you tried to actually evaluate these guys, or are you just looking simply at 3.9 YPC? Did you miss the previous two seasons? Top tier talent doesn't always equal production, because players don't play in a vacuum. There are a number of things that go into a players success or failure. Some lesser talented players produce big in situations that perfectly fit their skillset (Samkon Gado in GB for example), some extremely talented players produce poorly in bad situations or due to other factors (Peyton Manning the last couple weeks).

There is a lot more to football than stats out of context, and production is not always the best evaluation of talent.

:confused:

Apaprently not. reomve the long run and check out the 5-16 here: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...00809210gnb.htmNot going to bother with the second example. Look that one up for yourself.
Except that the run you want to remove was not in a passing situation like you claimed. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread