What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Choose your favorite Led Zeppelin songs (4 Viewers)

Choose your favorites

• Achilles Last Stand

Votes: 51 27.4%
  • For Your Life

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Nobody's Fault But Mine

Votes: 47 25.3%
  • In the Evening

Votes: 44 23.7%
  • Fool In the Rain

Votes: 55 29.6%
  • Hot Dog

Votes: 20 10.8%
  • Carouselambra

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • All My Love

Votes: 72 38.7%
  • I'm Gonna Crawl

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Poor Tom

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ozone Baby

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Baby Come on Home

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Travelling Riverside Blues

Votes: 50 26.9%
  • White Summer/Black Mountain Side

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Hey Hey What Can I Do

Votes: 82 44.1%

• Total voters
All My Love - really?
I agree, thats the biggest :confused: for me of the voting..I didnt think Led Zep fans actually liked that song, well, at least I dont like it (all Zep songs relative).I guess Im not surprised, but I was never big on Immigrant Song or Communication Breakdown either but it looks like both have a decent shot at the cut.

Surprised In the Light isn't doing better. It's really one of their better songs, and one of the ones that shows some diversity.

Tim - 1 huge Zep fan to another, I think we should stretch this out to 32 songs. There's way too many clustered after the handful at the top IMO to cut it off at 16.

I think 16 worked fine for the Stones, but as you and others have mentioned, the voting is really spread out here. A field of 32 makes much more sense, plus those close matchups are what make it interesting when we get to that point (Im willing to help out if needed if thats what it takes). Based on how the voting/threads went for the Stones song tourney, I dont think this will lose interest if it lasts closer to 2 weeks than 1 week. People even complained in the Stones finals thread they didnt know the voting was going on. I even thought to myself it went kind of fast.

Also, when it comes to LZ, there's no such thing as too much of a good thing.

ETA: 31 songs have at least 20 votes right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim - 1 huge Zep fan to another, I think we should stretch this out to 32 songs. There's way too many clustered after the handful at the top IMO to cut it off at 16. I think 16 worked fine for the Stones, but as you and others have mentioned, the voting is really spread out here. A field of 32 makes much more sense, plus those close matchups are what make it interesting when we get to that point (Im willing to help out if needed if thats what it takes). Based on how the voting/threads went for the Stones song tourney, I dont think this will lose interest if it lasts closer to 2 weeks than 1 week. People even complained in the Stones finals thread they didnt know the voting was going on. I even thought to myself it went kind of fast.Also, when it comes to LZ, there's no such thing as too much of a good thing.
Hmm. We'll see if the voting stays close through tomorrow and Monday and I'll decide then.

Tim - 1 huge Zep fan to another, I think we should stretch this out to 32 songs. There's way too many clustered after the handful at the top IMO to cut it off at 16. I think 16 worked fine for the Stones, but as you and others have mentioned, the voting is really spread out here. A field of 32 makes much more sense, plus those close matchups are what make it interesting when we get to that point (Im willing to help out if needed if thats what it takes). Based on how the voting/threads went for the Stones song tourney, I dont think this will lose interest if it lasts closer to 2 weeks than 1 week. People even complained in the Stones finals thread they didnt know the voting was going on. I even thought to myself it went kind of fast.Also, when it comes to LZ, there's no such thing as too much of a good thing.
Hmm. We'll see if the voting stays close through tomorrow and Monday and I'll decide then.
The voting is spread out because they aren't as diverse as the Stones or the Beatles. Expanding it to 32 won't help, it will just make things worse.

The voting is spread out because they aren't as diverse as the Stones or the Beatles. Expanding it to 32 won't help, it will just make things worse.
Did we do one of these for The Beatles?I dont think diversity has anything to do with it. The Stones vote wasnt as spread out because they were more heavy on singles, popular songs, songs you hear on the radio, etc. (and in this regard, are very comparable to The Beatles)The Stones catalog, single or not, was predominantly radio friendly 3-4 minutes songs. Zep has a ton of songs over 4 if not 5 minutes.When a song does or doesnt make the cut based on a vote or 2 and it has 40+ votes (just guessing based on turnout the next 2 days), I think expanding the field makes a ton of sense.

The voting is spread out because they aren't as diverse as the Stones or the Beatles.
Odd. I was thinking the extreme voting spread was because they WERE more diverse than the Stones or Beatles, thus there is something for everyone.

All my Love has more votes than In My Time of Dying. Unreal.What band are you guys listening to?
Lots of headshakers here. Tim should have substituted "We"re Gonna Groove" over OZone baby off of coda. How many More Times should have made the list. All my favorites are getting slaughtered, but I think i have a more sophisticated pallet than most on Zep tunes. Baby Come On Home is John Paul Jones at his finest, not to mention Roberts Raw and Overpowering singing. Carouselumbra with its transitions and awesome lyrics deserves more love, also JPJ takes center stage on that one. Tea for ONe and Since I've been Loving you are two of the greatest blues riffs of all time. The slide guitar and Jimmy's shredding of the fretboard on Traveling riverside Blues should garner more votes, much like Memo from Turner should get more love from stones fans. I'll stop now, I realize I'm drunk and ranting.

You're probably right about Four Sticks, but Evermore's doing pretty well so far.
When the Levee Breaks gets more love and I love Bonhams drumming and Robert blowing the harp, but Evermore trumps it with Jimmy's mandolin playing and Roberts vocals.....jmo.Edit: Agree with others saying Out on the Tiles shouldn't have been omitted, but it wouldn't win anyay.

Three that have me shockedDyer MakerFool in RainHouses of the Holy
Meaning what, you are surprised they don't have more votes? I agree about Houses of the Holy, but not the other two. If I made the poll Dyer Maker wouldn't even be an option, and Fool would have been on the bubble for making it.

Three that have me shockedDyer MakerFool in RainHouses of the Holy
Meaning what, you are surprised they don't have more votes? I agree about Houses of the Holy, but not the other two. If I made the poll Dyer Maker wouldn't even be an option, and Fool would have been on the bubble for making it.
Yes, thought they were all more popular. Houses of the Holy is one of my favorites.

FWIW, MOP was going to do a Van Halen one on Monday.

Any issues with having two tourneys going on at the same time?

There is only one that I voted for that I think could have been omitted for some others.

White Summer/Black Mountain Side. I love Jimmy Page's work on this one but it should have been sacrificed for the likes of Out on the Tiles or the Rover or How Many More Times for that matter.

Best of each bracket (IMO):

Good Times Bad Times

When the Levee Breaks

In My Time of Dying

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Traveling Riverside Blues might be their best song and I'd put it on a short list of best songs ever. Surprised it's falling short.

LINKY
Probably because it never appeared on any of the studio albums, just the box set.
Hey Hey What Can I Do should make the Top 16 and it too was pretty much limited to release on the box set. But it was on a 45 and got radio play before they released the box set so maybe that's a factor.

I already pickEd 14 songs and had to refrain myself from picking a few more.

'gianmarco said:
With all this love, is Led Zeppelin the FFA consensus greatest band ever?
Nope. Multiple polls have been done. It always goes:1. Beatles2. Stones3. ZeppelinUnless the Beatles and Stones are paired in the semifinal, then it's:1. Beatles2. Zeppelin3. Stones

'gianmarco said:
Nope. Multiple polls have been done. It always goes:1. Beatles2. Stones3. ZeppelinUnless the Beatles and Stones are paired in the semifinal, then it's:1. Beatles2. Zeppelin3. Stones
The Beatles has better songwriting but they're not as good a band. I'd rather see a live performance of LZ over that bunch of bobbleheads any time.

'gianmarco said:
Nope. Multiple polls have been done. It always goes:1. Beatles

2. Stones

3. Zeppelin

Unless the Beatles and Stones are paired in the semifinal, then it's:

1. Beatles

2. Zeppelin

3. Stones
The Beatles has better songwriting but they're not as good a band. I'd rather see a live performance of LZ over that bunch of bobbleheads any time.
So not as good a live band? Seriously, the bolded is ridiculous.

'gianmarco said:

2. Stones

3. Zeppelin

1. Beatles

2. Zeppelin

3. Stones
Don't let their celebrity cloud your judgement. Beatles songs are great. Beatles perfomances are Justin Bieber, and Justine should be insulted.

'gianmarco said:

2. Stones

3. Zeppelin

1. Beatles

2. Zeppelin

3. Stones
Don't let their celebrity cloud your judgement. Beatles songs are great. Beatles perfomances are Justin Bieber, and Justine should be insulted.
I have older relatives that saw the Beatles perform. You couldn't tell if their live performances were good or not because all the girls screamed throughout the entire show. It's irrelevant to who the better band is overall.

So many great songs. "Over the Hills and Far Away" and "Fool in the Rain" are probably my 2 favorites.

'Rohn Jambo said:
I already pickEd 14 songs and had to refrain myself from picking a few more.
Yea, it would have been easier to pick the songs you don't like.Hot DogBoogie with StuWalter's Walk

I was inspired by this thread to listen to Led Zeppelin I, II, and III straight through today. No surprises on I and II, which are as great as I remember, but I was reminded how great III is.

I'm not much of a fan of Hats Off to Roy Harper, but the first 9 songs are all great. And I mean great. Great the likes of which has been rarely produced in the last 30+ years.

I posted in another Led Zeppelin thread around here in the past to ask if there had ever been a band whose first 6 albums were as good as Led Zeppelin's. IMO no one else has been close. Their talent was off the charts.

I posted in another Led Zeppelin thread around here in the past to ask if there had ever been a band whose first 6 albums were as good as Led Zeppelin's. IMO no one else has been close. Their talent was off the charts.
The Beatles' last 7 albums (Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be) a match for the Led Zeppelin 6. That's about the only match I can think of, though.

The Beatles' last 7 albums (Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be) a match for the Led Zeppelin 6. That's about the only match I can think of, though.
I didn't say any stretch of albums. I said first 6 albums.

Users who are viewing this thread