What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Choose your favorite Led Zeppelin songs (1 Viewer)

Choose your favorites

• Achilles Last Stand

Votes: 51 27.4%
  • For Your Life

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Nobody's Fault But Mine

Votes: 47 25.3%
  • In the Evening

Votes: 44 23.7%
  • Fool In the Rain

Votes: 55 29.6%
  • Hot Dog

Votes: 20 10.8%
  • Carouselambra

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • All My Love

Votes: 72 38.7%
  • I'm Gonna Crawl

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Poor Tom

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ozone Baby

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Baby Come on Home

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Travelling Riverside Blues

Votes: 50 26.9%
  • White Summer/Black Mountain Side

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Hey Hey What Can I Do

Votes: 82 44.1%

• Total voters
Left off 3 of my favorites - How Many More Times, Out on the Tiles, and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp.But that speaks to the depth of the catalog I guess... somebody liked almost every Led Zeppelin song.
I was going to whine about the exclusion of How Many More Times too. Absolutely awesome song, one of their heaviest finishing off their amazing debut album.
I would have voted for it. I'm shocked That's the Way and the Rain Song are not getting more love.

I posted in another Led Zeppelin thread around here in the past to ask if there had ever been a band whose first 6 albums were as good as Led Zeppelin's. IMO no one else has been close. Their talent was off the charts.
The Beatles' last 7 albums (Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be) a match for the Led Zeppelin 6. That's about the only match I can think of, though.
I didn't say any stretch of albums. I said first 6 albums.
I think the first six by both Queen and Black Sabbath are close. I'd probably give LZ the slight edge, but those others are close.

I posted in another Led Zeppelin thread around here in the past to ask if there had ever been a band whose first 6 albums were as good as Led Zeppelin's. IMO no one else has been close. Their talent was off the charts.
The Beatles' last 7 albums (Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be) a match for the Led Zeppelin 6. That's about the only match I can think of, though.
I think the first six by both Queen and Black Sabbath are close. I'd probably give LZ the slight edge, but those others are close.
I guess we can agree to disagree. I don't think either of those groups' first 6 albums are close. Zeppelin's first 6 albums have 59 songs, and there are only a handful of them that aren't good to great songs. :shrug:

Pink Floyd had a good run. A stretch of 4 to rival any 4 in rock and roll, IMO.

Meddle

Obscured by Clouds (weakest of the bunch)

Dark Side of the Moon

Wish You Were Here

Animals

The Wall

Pink Floyd had a good run. A stretch of 4 to rival any 4 in rock and roll, IMO.MeddleObscured by Clouds (weakest of the bunch)Dark Side of the MoonWish You Were HereAnimalsThe Wall
I agree the last 4 are extremely strong. I love all of them. Again, however, these are not their first 6 albums. In fact, Meddle was their 6th album.

Yeah, Floyd wouldn't even be on the radar if I ranked bands by their first 6 albums. And they are one of my all-time favorite bands.

JWB, I agree about LZ, but I can say the same thing about Queen as well. Very few songs on those first six albums that aren't really good at worst.

I know. I was actually expanding your claim to point out that, outside of the Beatles (possibly) it's the greatest stretch of 6 albums ever. The Stones have an incredible stretch (Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street) but that's only 4 albums, not 6.

Ok, the Beatles first 6 albums are better too. Happy?

Well...they're not, actually.

Well...they're not, actually.
Sure they are.

I was actually expanding your claim to point out that, outside of the Beatles (possibly) it's the greatest stretch of 6 albums ever. The Stones have an incredible stretch (Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street) but that's only 4 albums, not 6.
I'd argue that Rush's 6-album run of 2112 through Signals is the best ever, but given the number of haters they have, I suspect many will not agree with that.

I was actually expanding your claim to point out that, outside of the Beatles (possibly) it's the greatest stretch of 6 albums ever. The Stones have an incredible stretch (Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street) but that's only 4 albums, not 6.
I'd argue that Rush's 6-album run of 2112 through Signals is the best ever, but given the number of haters they have, I suspect many will not agree with that.
Signals was when they jumped the shark. But the other 5 are good.

No they aren't, and it's not close.

No, Signals was great, as were all of the albums of the synth era. Presto was the first CD of theirs that was weak, and then Test for Echo later on.

Oh, misread first Rush post. RushFly By NightCaress of Steel2112A Farewell to KingsHemispheresPermanent WavesMoving Pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong. History and popular opinion disagrees with you, but don't let that stop you.

Wrong. History and popular opinion disagrees with you, but don't let that stop you.
Are not

I am going to go on record as saying I am happy to see All My Love get some, um, love. :thumbup:

The FFA is a pretty diverse group. Quite a few voters have probably never even heard some of the songs people are talking about as being "the greatest". All My Love still gets air play.

ETA: Zep can also be kind of creative with their song titles. Hearing a song, a lot of people may say they love it even though they couldn't name the title. That is my theory anyway.

Last edited:
I don't care what people think, I regard All My Love as a great song. As I wrote earlier, it was my wedding song. One of their best melodies.

All My Love ain't bad, but better than Fool in the Rain from the same album? No freaking way.
I like AML better than Fool, but not a huge fan of either - or the album in general.
agreed on both. the ranking of songs on in through the outdoor is:carouselumbrain the eveningim gonna crawlsouth bound suarezall my packagefool in the snowhot dog, but i have alot of fun playing this song on guitar for my girls.

ETA: Zep can also be kind of creative with their song titles. Hearing a song, a lot of people may say they love it even though they couldn't name the title. That is my theory anyway.
Throw me in this group. I love LZ, but I never owned an album other than IV. I copied their greatest hits from a friend back in college, and listened to it non-stop, but I never learned the names of the songs. I just listened to it.

My favorite band. Impossible for me to really narrow down but favorite songs:

All My Love

Bring it On Home

When The Levee Breaks

Dazed and Confused

Whole Lotta Love

I have a feeling the process of selecting the field will be far more satisfying than the final results.
Perhaps, but once you weed through them, it's going to be a tight race. I don't see a clear final four or final two as with the Stones.

I have a feeling the process of selecting the field will be far more satisfying than the final results.
Perhaps, but once you weed through them, it's going to be a tight race. I don't see a clear final four or final two as with the Stones.
Kashmir v. Immigrant Song in the finals. :moneybag:ETA: Hmmm, just checked the votes and looks like Immigrant Song may be the #4 or #5 seed, so the above would be a semifinal matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kashmir v. Immigrant Song in the finals. :moneybag:ETA: Hmmm, just checked the votes and looks like Immigrant Song may be the #4 or #5 seed, so the above would be a semifinal matchup.
I expect Kashmir to do well, but not so sure on Immigrant once we get down to it. Could be an upset depending on what Immigrant draws. Also depends on location - if played in the ice and snow, Immigrant should take it.

StairwayKashmirWhen the Levee Breaks4th is a toss-up, but only a few in the running depending on how he seeds go.
Stairway should be in the mix, but when it comes down to voting only once, it may not make it through. Lots of people are sick of hearing it, and that may hurt it in the end.

Has there ever been a better song opening than Over The Hills and Far Away? I could listen to the first minute of that song thousands of times without getting tired of it.

not so sure on Immigrant once we get down to it. Could be an upset depending on what Immigrant draws. Also depends on location - if played in the ice and snow, Immigrant should take it.
Time of year could make a difference also.Like when there's a midnight sun & the hot springs flow.

Maybe some of you can tell us how you were exposed to Led Zeppelin. For me, KLOS in Los Angeles had a Sunday night show when I was growing up in which they would play entire albums, and LZ was often featured. Because I couldn't afford to buy music, I often recorded the albums from the radio onto cassettes. It was a cheap way of having the music. So as a young teenager I ended up with every LZ album this way. I played those cassettes to death.My older brother was into progressive bands like Kansas, Rush, Styx, etc. and he had an electric guitar which he never used. So I picked it up and tried to play along with Zep, and I was TERRIBLE. However, a friend of mine down the street had a set of drums in his garage, and pretty soon we were trying to cover LZ songs. It was pretty awful, but we had dreams we were going to be a band. We used to spend hours in his garage. But the "band" soon faded away, because my friend's sister gave us some pot, and we discovered it was more fun just to get stoned and listen to LZ than to try and play with it. And that's how I wasted away the summer of my 15th year...
I did the same with KLOS back in the day. Jim Ladd over on KMET was my favorite DJ then, but I really did like to record the songs from KLOS. Who was the morning guy on KMET who had the too hip card?

Maybe some of you can tell us how you were exposed to Led Zeppelin. For me, KLOS in Los Angeles had a Sunday night show when I was growing up in which they would play entire albums, and LZ was often featured. Because I couldn't afford to buy music, I often recorded the albums from the radio onto cassettes. It was a cheap way of having the music. So as a young teenager I ended up with every LZ album this way. I played those cassettes to death.My older brother was into progressive bands like Kansas, Rush, Styx, etc. and he had an electric guitar which he never used. So I picked it up and tried to play along with Zep, and I was TERRIBLE. However, a friend of mine down the street had a set of drums in his garage, and pretty soon we were trying to cover LZ songs. It was pretty awful, but we had dreams we were going to be a band. We used to spend hours in his garage. But the "band" soon faded away, because my friend's sister gave us some pot, and we discovered it was more fun just to get stoned and listen to LZ than to try and play with it. And that's how I wasted away the summer of my 15th year...
I did the same with KLOS back in the day. Jim Ladd over on KMET was my favorite DJ then, but I really did like to record the songs from KLOS. Who was the morning guy on KMET who had the too hip card?
Frazer Smith

KLOS in Los Angeles had a Sunday night show when I was growing up in which they would play entire albums, and LZ was often featured. Because I couldn't afford to buy music, I often recorded the albums from the radio onto cassettes. It was a cheap way of having the music. So as a young teenager I ended up with every LZ album this way. I played those cassettes to death.
I got a lot of music this way too. I was also into the "new wave" stuff so I always recorded that hour every week onto my cassette deck for pre-mixed tapes. Denon was my favorite brand of blank tape. :nerd:

Frazer Smith
Yep -- Scheckey, Get the jet...

Users who are viewing this thread