What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Johnson is underpaid (1 Viewer)

massraider

Footballguy
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Two seasons into the five-year deal running back Chris Johnson signed with the Titans as a rookie, most everyone would agree he’s already outperforming his contract.That includes Johnson. And coming off a record 2009 season, he hasn’t shied away from dropping hints.“Hopefully they’ll want to give me a new deal. I think I deserve to be the highest paid running back in the league, or even the highest paid offensive player besides the quarterback,’’ said Johnson, who scored the game-winning touchdown in Sunday night’s Pro Bowl.“But it’s not like I am not going out in the media saying, ‘Pay me, I want a new deal now.’ I am just saying, if they were to pay me, I want that. Hopefully they want that, too.’’Steven Jackson of the Rams became the highest-paid running back in the NFL when he signed a five-year, $48.5 million contract in 2008.Last March, Maurice Jones-Drew agreed to a five-year, $31 million deal with the Jaguars that included $17.5 million in guarantees. Clinton Portis signed a six-year, $49.1 million contract with the Redskins in 2006.Johnson outperformed all three backs this past season, a year after signing a rookie contract worth $12 million including $7 million guaranteed.Johnson reached all the escalators in his contract on the way to rushing for 2,006 yards, earning a significant raise on the back end of the deal.Johnson’s base salary in 2009 was $385,000. He’s scheduled to make $560,000 in 2010 and $800,000 in 2011. He’s currently scheduled to make $2.21 million in 2012, but that could increase to $2.5 million because of the escalators.Johnson’s third-year salary of $560,000 seems like a bargain considering LenDale White made $535,000 in 2009, his third season, while rushing for 281 yards.Johnson’s agent Joel Segal didn’t want to discuss contract numbers or the possibility of an extension, and neither did the Titans. Segal has represented a number of clients, however, who re-did deals long before they expired.There have been no talks with the Titans so far.Said Segal: “If you look at it, you can make the determination” that Johnson deserves a new contract. “There will be a time for that, just not now.’’Would Johnson consider holding out if the Titans seem disinterested? He’s already said he won’t attend offseason workouts in Nashville but plans to be there for offseason practices.“I haven’t even thought about that,’’ Johnson said. “I am playing football. All that new deal stuff, that is between my agent and the Titans. I’ll leave that to them.’’
This is how it starts.

IMO, he's not wrong. Guys are getting paid a lot more to do a lot less on a team, this guy IS his team. It's not like he's a glorified special teams player, he's an elite RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
No link there, but I'm guessing it was some reporter at the Pro Bowl. Who could find fault with how Chris Johnson was represented in that piece? He comes across as being aware of his situation and acceptable to his agent handling things on that front. Really does not appear to be any news here. Controversial or otherwise.

Chris Johnson is a prima donna. Doesn't win ROY, so he pouts. Misses out on MVP, sounds off on twitter. Wins OPOY, #####es about the MVP voting. Now he wants more money. Surprise surprise. Maybe that was the real reason he was upset on missing out on those awards, it hurt his market value.

Chris Johnson is a prima donna. Doesn't win ROY, so he pouts. Misses out on MVP, sounds off on twitter. Wins OPOY, #####es about the MVP voting. Now he wants more money. Surprise surprise. Maybe that was the real reason he was upset on missing out on those awards, it hurt his market value.
We all want more money, he won't hold out, do you really find anything wrong with what he's saying?
“Hopefully they’ll want to give me a new deal. I think I deserve to be the highest paid running back in the league, or even the highest paid offensive player besides the quarterback,’’ said Johnson, who scored the game-winning touchdown in Sunday night’s Pro Bowl.“But it’s not like I am not going out in the media saying, ‘Pay me, I want a new deal now.’ I am just saying, if they were to pay me, I want that. Hopefully they want that, too.’’Would Johnson consider holding out if the Titans seem disinterested? He’s already said he won’t attend offseason workouts in Nashville but plans to be there for offseason practices.“I haven’t even thought about that,’’ Johnson said. “I am playing football. All that new deal stuff, that is between my agent and the Titans. I’ll leave that to them.’’

No matter how much anyone liked it, Clinton Portis set a precedent when he #####ed about his contract after 2 years with Denver. Chris Johnson has every right to negotiate for a new contract, based on that precedent.

I did a bang up job this year in my position. I'm going to management and demanding they let me out of the contract I signed and pay me a ton more money. My word and character means nothing, it's the dollars that give me my self-worth.

Professional Athletes don't live in the real world, never have.

I do rather enjoy watching them play however...just wish they'd shut up and try harder to "get by" on their MEAGER earnings.

I did a bang up job this year in my position. I'm going to management and demanding they let me out of the contract I signed and pay me a ton more money. My word and character means nothing, it's the dollars that give me my self-worth.

I do rather enjoy watching them play however...just wish they'd shut up and try harder to "get by" on their MEAGER earnings.
:popcorn: Are currently one of the best (and to some analysts, the best) in your industry? Would multiple organizations gladly pay the amount you desire for your services? If you were to take a couple of sick days during crucial periods of production would your company free fall?

And no, they dont live in the real world. Which is why simpletons like you and I cant realistically compare our situations with theirs.

I did a bang up job this year in my position. I'm going to management and demanding they let me out of the contract I signed and pay me a ton more money. My word and character means nothing, it's the dollars that give me my self-worth.Professional Athletes don't live in the real world, never have.I do rather enjoy watching them play however...just wish they'd shut up and try harder to "get by" on their MEAGER earnings.
Real World - You and Chris Johnson share nothing in relation to value to your respective organizations. Your company can replace you tomorrow, you can't say that about Chris Johnson.He has something the organization has to have. This puts him in a position of leverage, and any businessman would use that. NFL careers are short and he can use his leverage to make more money.Real World is you will never have this leverage... and jealousy does not become you.

I love these articles because they always emphasize what the guy got paid in straight salary for the year without addressing his roster bonuses, workout bonuses, and the fact that the guy also got a signing bonus. Here's the thing. When they recieve their signing bonus they are massively underperforming their contract. They have done nothing to earn that money. It is hoped and presumed that they will outperform their yearly contracts to make up that difference. If he blew his knee out at his first practice he would not have given back his bonus. In fact he would have gone on injured reserve, recieved free medical, and been paid his salary. Likely he would have recieved workout and roster bonuses for his second year, been retained to see what he could have done, and tested all year receiving his salary even if he stunk the joint up just so his team could evaluate him.

He has no right to a new deal. he has recieved the benefit of his bargain. Now were I his employer I would evaluate whether it was in my own interest, rather than his, to renegotiate his deal. I would very likely decide that for my own interest I might offer him an extension of two years with a signing bonus, increased yearly salaries, and performance incentives. He would probably not take my offer, but I would make it for his sake, to calm the teams fans, and to demonstrate to other players some willingness to work with those who produce in spite of their contracts, but not an unlimited, foolhardy willingness to gamble on a completely speculative future.

I'm not sure why things like this even have to go public. Does it put more pressure on the organization if the player has gone public with his demands? It should be simple to request a new contract behind closed doors. If the organization doesn't seem agreeable, then you discuss the threat of a holdout behind closed doors. By going public, in my mind, you stand to hurt yourself more than the organization by looking like a greedy football player.

I'm missing where he states these demands. I think of it this way; Chris Johnson probably has 5 more years, max, to make his money. He doesn't have the right to go to another employer with similar stature (CFL/UFL/AFL... don't count), the team certainly isn't going to give a 30 year old RB a lot of money, so these are by far his prime earning years and he has exactly one team he can negotiate with. He's earned the right to make more money than any other RB, teams drop players who aren't performing, at this point longterm NFL contracts are almost meaningless. But the bigger thing is he isn't even making the "demand" here, he probably answered a question honestly. This is so not an issue.

I love these articles because they always emphasize what the guy got paid in straight salary for the year without addressing his roster bonuses, workout bonuses, and the fact that the guy also got a signing bonus. Here's the thing. When they recieve their signing bonus they are massively underperforming their contract. They have done nothing to earn that money. It is hoped and presumed that they will outperform their yearly contracts to make up that difference. If he blew his knee out at his first practice he would not have given back his bonus. In fact he would have gone on injured reserve, recieved free medical, and been paid his salary. Likely he would have recieved workout and roster bonuses for his second year, been retained to see what he could have done, and tested all year receiving his salary even if he stunk the joint up just so his team could evaluate him.He has no right to a new deal. he has recieved the benefit of his bargain. Now were I his employer I would evaluate whether it was in my own interest, rather than his, to renegotiate his deal. I would very likely decide that for my own interest I might offer him an extension of two years with a signing bonus, increased yearly salaries, and performance incentives. He would probably not take my offer, but I would make it for his sake, to calm the teams fans, and to demonstrate to other players some willingness to work with those who produce in spite of their contracts, but not an unlimited, foolhardy willingness to gamble on a completely speculative future.
This is true, and I believe it likely is in the Titans best interest to pay him what he's worth. I'm a huge fan of incentives, I'd almost go as far as to say every player should make the minimum + incentives (it's a stretch but it's a nice thought).

“But it’s not like I am not going out in the media saying, ‘Pay me, I want a new deal now.’ I am just saying, if they were to pay me, I want that. Hopefully they want that, too.’’
It seems to be a little like that.

I can't imagine anyone should have an issue with what he said.
With what he said?Not much.With actually saying it at this point?Yes, I do. 2nd year in already starting the talk of wanting more...leave that to your agent...don't start crap in the press already before the offseason has already begun right when teams are trying to deal with the uncapped year...shoring up their team's deficiencies and scouting for the draft. Especially with a possible lockout looming.Id say his agent is in his ear knowing the year will be uncapped...and knowing a team is not likely to offer up anything going into a possible lockout...so the pressure starts this way.

I'm a huge fan of incentives, I'd almost go as far as to say every player should make the minimum + incentives (it's a stretch but it's a nice thought).
It is quite a stretch, I think if the majority of every players salary is based around performance or reaching some arbitrary number in a stat catagory you'd see more of a selfish approach to each game, more of a "Give me the ball" attititudes, more TO's basically. I could see it becoming less of a team game.Aside from rookie contracts, I think the current contract structure doesn't have a lot of issues.

Meanwhile, Vince Young was grossly OVERpaid. Might want to talk to your union about the way players are rewarded so those of you who prove yourselves on the field are the ones who actually get paid.

:goodposting: Chris Johnson is a thug and I guarentee he will be a problem in the near future. He has shown a bunch of times already in his short career how selfish and classless he is.

:moneybag: Are currently one of the best (and to some analysts, the best) in your industry? Would multiple organizations gladly pay the amount you desire for your services? If you were to take a couple of sick days during crucial periods of production would your company free fall?

And no, they dont live in the real world. Which is why simpletons like you and I cant realistically compare our situations with theirs.
Simpleton? Please speak for yourself. I'm simply sharing an opinion---a preference, not necessarily how it is and should be.

I never said Johnson isn't one of the top RB's in the field. The issue I have is more with the way the world runs than with him. The way of the world has been drilled into us to "get what's ours and some of yours too". Just because I CAN go out and get more money (and I could), doesn't mean that I NEED to or SHOULD? Does it always have to be about how much money you can squeeze out for yourself? I just happen to think there are other more important variable to life than money. I guess I'm old school---character and doing what you said you would do still count in my book.

I did a bang up job this year in my position. I'm going to management and demanding they let me out of the contract I signed and pay me a ton more money. My word and character means nothing, it's the dollars that give me my self-worth.Professional Athletes don't live in the real world, never have.I do rather enjoy watching them play however...just wish they'd shut up and try harder to "get by" on their MEAGER earnings.
Real World - You and Chris Johnson share nothing in relation to value to your respective organizations. Your company can replace you tomorrow, you can't say that about Chris Johnson.He has something the organization has to have. This puts him in a position of leverage, and any businessman would use that. NFL careers are short and he can use his leverage to make more money.Real World is you will never have this leverage... and jealousy does not become you.
I get the "leverage principle", but thanks for the tutorial. I also get that NFL careers are short and these guys need to make some money to live on. I don't however subscribe to the notion that this is their only window to make a living. Listening to athletes "kicking and screaming" for more money (and I don't think CJ3 is doing that in this case, not yet anyway) doesn't become them either. I'm just coming from a different viewpoint when it comes to the mighty dollar---it just doesn't make you happy. As for the "jealousy" comment, trust me, I wouldn't want that life.

The Titans should wait at least one more year to see if CJ stays healthy before they re-do his deal. If CJ plays at the same level make him the highest paid RB in the league.

:unsure: Are currently one of the best (and to some analysts, the best) in your industry? Would multiple organizations gladly pay the amount you desire for your services? If you were to take a couple of sick days during crucial periods of production would your company free fall?

Simpleton? Please speak for yourself. I'm simply sharing an opinion---a preference, not necessarily how it is and should be.

I never said Johnson isn't one of the top RB's in the field. The issue I have is more with the way the world runs than with him. The way of the world has been drilled into us to "get what's ours and some of yours too". Just because I CAN go out and get more money (and I could), doesn't mean that I NEED to or SHOULD? Does it always have to be about how much money you can squeeze out for yourself? I just happen to think there are other more important variable to life than money. I guess I'm old school---character and doing what you said you would do still count in my book.
Can we get a link to you saying this same thing when a team cuts a player before his contract is up? Thanks in advance.

CJ3 definitely has some character issues and feel slighted quite easily. That's why I didn't keep him as my one and only keeper player last year and elected to keep Steve Slaton instead. Luckily, I was still able to draft CJ3 in the second round and he single-handedly saved my team down the stretch. The dude may have a big chip on his shoulder but he can flat-out play. Although I would love to make ONLY half a million dollars, in the world of the NFL he is grossly underpaid. My only concern (now that he is my keeper player) is whether or not he holds out. I think him saying that he'll let his agent handle it shows a little more maturity than last year and is a positive sign. For all of us CJ3 owners-let's hope for the best!

I'm missing where he states these demands. I think of it this way; Chris Johnson probably has 5 more years, max, to make his money. He doesn't have the right to go to another employer with similar stature (CFL/UFL/AFL... don't count), the team certainly isn't going to give a 30 year old RB a lot of money, so these are by far his prime earning years and he has exactly one team he can negotiate with. He's earned the right to make more money than any other RB, teams drop players who aren't performing, at this point longterm NFL contracts are almost meaningless. But the bigger thing is he isn't even making the "demand" here, he probably answered a question honestly. This is so not an issue.
Agree with all of this. Except I might put a 'YET' at the end of that last line.

Why even have contracts in sports anymore? It seems that every contract can be re-negotiated, ripped up, or held out on anyways. I think the word "contract" meant something completely different to our parents and grandparents.

I'd like to see the Raiders go to Jamarcus' agent and say, "We thought about it, and we just don't wanna pay what we signed up for. We think he's a lot worse than what he's being paid to perform. So that contract you signed is pretty much no longer valid." I'm sure the Players Association would have no problems with that, I mean it's only fair right?

:lmao: Are currently one of the best (and to some analysts, the best) in your industry? Would multiple organizations gladly pay the amount you desire for your services? If you were to take a couple of sick days during crucial periods of production would your company free fall?

It would be easier to do the right thing and let the money part take care of itself if employers were more like minded.

There are a lot of players in the NFL that are stuck in low paying rookie contracts. Them's the breaks. The way the system is constructed, teams are under no obligation to give these guys more money. On rare occasion, some players can complain enough and get an early extension or force a trade, but for the most part guys just have to fulfill their contracts, live with the future francise tags, and eventually move on to make megabucks.

The day an athlete steps up and says, 'Ya know, I really under-performed this year and based on my compensation I really think I should be paid less next year... ' is the day that I situp and pay attention to athletes who feel they are under paid based on contracts they negociated with their agent. CJ will get his paid day ultimately when he has put in the required number of years. In the meantime if he and other rookies feel that their contracts are not up to snuff then they should have their agents build in more incentive bonuses....

What do you think the Titans repsonse would have been if CJ's agent had said at the outset of negociations on his rookie contract... 'Jeff, I really feel that my guy is going to break some NFL records in the next couple of years. How about we put in an incentive clause to pay CJ $2 million if he breaks 2,000 combined yards from scrimmage?' I think the Titans would have considered such a proposal. Contracts these days have all forms of incentive clauses it is just up to the player and his agent to be aggressive in seeking them to be added into the actual contract. But incentive clauses can cut both ways if the team wants to put in language such as off-field activities, behavior, weight, etc...

The day an athlete steps up and says, 'Ya know, I really under-performed this year and based on my compensation I really think I should be paid less next year... ' is the day that I situp and pay attention to athletes who feel they are under paid based on contracts they negociated with their agent. CJ will get his paid day ultimately when he has put in the required number of years. In the meantime if he and other rookies feel that their contracts are not up to snuff then they should have their agents build in more incentive bonuses.... What do you think the Titans repsonse would have been if CJ's agent had said at the outset of negociations on his rookie contract... 'Jeff, I really feel that my guy is going to break some NFL records in the next couple of years. How about we put in an incentive clause to pay CJ $2 million if he breaks 2,000 combined yards from scrimmage?' I think the Titans would have considered such a proposal. Contracts these days have all forms of incentive clauses it is just up to the player and his agent to be aggressive in seeking them to be added into the actual contract. But incentive clauses can cut both ways if the team wants to put in language such as off-field activities, behavior, weight, etc...
This post wreaks of accountability...Bleck, yack, ugggg. Who wants to have to hold up their end of the bargain? That's not fair.

The day an athlete steps up and says, 'Ya know, I really under-performed this year and based on my compensation I really think I should be paid less next year... ' is the day that I situp and pay attention to athletes who feel they are under paid based on contracts they negociated with their agent. CJ will get his paid day ultimately when he has put in the required number of years. In the meantime if he and other rookies feel that their contracts are not up to snuff then they should have their agents build in more incentive bonuses.... What do you think the Titans repsonse would have been if CJ's agent had said at the outset of negociations on his rookie contract... 'Jeff, I really feel that my guy is going to break some NFL records in the next couple of years. How about we put in an incentive clause to pay CJ $2 million if he breaks 2,000 combined yards from scrimmage?' I think the Titans would have considered such a proposal. Contracts these days have all forms of incentive clauses it is just up to the player and his agent to be aggressive in seeking them to be added into the actual contract. But incentive clauses can cut both ways if the team wants to put in language such as off-field activities, behavior, weight, etc...
This post wreaks of accountability...Bleck, yack, ugggg. Who wants to have to hold up their end of the bargain? That's not fair.
Does it bother you when teams cut players before the end of their contract? I admire your character and old-school-edness. Can I just get a link to you complaining about a team that cut an under-performing vet because he had a contract? Thanks in advance.

I'm a huge fan of incentives, I'd almost go as far as to say every player should make the minimum + incentives (it's a stretch but it's a nice thought).
It is quite a stretch, I think if the majority of every players salary is based around performance or reaching some arbitrary number in a stat catagory you'd see more of a selfish approach to each game, more of a "Give me the ball" attititudes, more TO's basically. I could see it becoming less of a team game.Aside from rookie contracts, I think the current contract structure doesn't have a lot of issues.
The biggest incentive I'd pay for is wins.

Most contracts are "at-will", perhaps the NFL should go that route.

Does it bother you when teams cut players before the end of their contract? I admire your character and old-school-edness. Can I just get a link to you complaining about a team that cut an under-performing vet because he had a contract? Thanks in advance.
I guess it doesn't bother me a lot, no. But generally, said person is already a multi-millionaire (unless his last name is Henry). He can then go out at age 32, get a job, and work for the next 30 years of his life like you and I. I guess I see no shame in that.You're welcome, I guess.

I guess it doesn't bother me a lot, no. But generally, said person is already a multi-millionaire (unless his last name is Henry). He can then go out at age 32, get a job, and work for the next 30 years of his life like you and I. I guess I see no shame in that.You're welcome, I guess.
Yeah, he can work 30 more years like the rest of us. Assuming he lives that long. Like Earl Campbell maybe? Oh, wait, Earl can barely walk. Players should honor their contracts, but the teams don't really need to? Why should the players display character and honor if the teams have none? Because the players made a lot of money for a few years? Because they get to play football? CJ has been one of the top RBs in the league since he came into the league, and signed a contract that he had no choice/say in. The draft/slotting system wasn't agreed to by the players, and CJ had no chance to find a better NFL job. He had no opportunity to apply at different teams, and make his own deal. The terms of his deal, even down to the length of the deal, are set before he even sits down to the negotiating table. But that doesn't matter, right? All that matters is that he makes more money than us, so he should just be thankful and honor the contract he had almost no say in. (This is the part where you say, "Hey, if he doesn't like it, he can go and get a job like the rest of us....")It's a ridiculously narrow-minded point of view. These players careers can end on any play. And if they do manage to play for a decent time, their life expectancy shrinks at an alarming rate. Which is just as well, considering many live in constant pain. These guys are in the entertainment business, and only get to perform for a few years, if they are among the best, it seems weird they cannot get paid like the best.Especially a guy like CJ. A smaller RB? The Titans can make him play out his deal, maybe franchise him for a year, and then everyone can make noise about concerns about a smaller speed back at the age of 29, and he might not even get a big deal. Hey, he will still have made a lot of money, relatively speaking, but based on a draft slot he had no say in, he won't get what the market says he's worth. Character, my eye. That's just stupid.

:popcorn: Chris Johnson is a thug and I guarentee he will be a problem in the near future.

He has shown a bunch of times already in his short career how selfish and classless he is.
Quite possibly the worst post I may have ever read.OMG...this is plain dumb.

CJ3 definitely has some character issues and feel slighted quite easily. That's why I didn't keep him as my one and only keeper player last year and elected to keep Steve Slaton instead. Luckily, I was still able to draft CJ3 in the second roundand he single-handedly saved my team down the stretch. The dude may have a big chip on his shoulder but he can flat-out play. Although I would love to make ONLY half a million dollars, in the world of the NFL he is grossly underpaid. My only concern (now that he is my keeper player) is whether or not he holds out. I think him saying that he'll let his agent handle it shows a little more maturity than last year and is a positive sign. For all of us CJ3 owners-let's hope for the best!
1) Since when has he been any kind of problem?2) You play with complete tards

Scooby1974 said:
Oh so now if you play in the NFL for any length of time you will only live until your 50? Last I checked Campbell played in a different time (less pay, less medical wisdom, less rehab, etc).
For someone who pointed out what he actually said, and didn't say, you sure were quick to twist my words, weren't you?
I never said teams SHOULDN'T honor contracts, I simply said it doesn't bother me much if at the end of the contract the guy isn't performing and gets cut. The same thing will happen with us if we fail to do our jobs.
And people with contracts break them all the time in the real world, on both sides. In our jobs, we get to move on, and get a better job if we want to.
I was simply responded to CJ3 starting to whine about his contract in the beginning. You seem to be making this into an argument for guaranteed contracts.
Not at all. I simply have no problem with an underpaid employee being unhappy with it. To me, the pay level doesn't matter.
I never said "All that matters is that he makes more money than us, so he should just be thankful and honor the contract he had almost no say in."...you did.

On July 26, 2008 Johnson signed a five-year, $12 million contract with $7 million guaranteed.....Poor kid, he really got the shaft.
Your last line pretty much tells the story. Your jealousy doesn't mean that CJ isn't within his rights to seek better pay, like pretty much every other job in the US. And hiding behind some honor/character nonsense (especially as those rules don't apply to the employer) isn't fooling anyone.

Scooby1974 said:
As for the draft slot, whose fault was that, the Titans? Perhaps he should have worked harder in high school, he could have transferred to a bigger/better high school to get noticed, if he did better there he could have gone to a D1 college, if he went to a D1 college he would have gotten more cred, if he torn it up in D1, he would have been drafted higher, if he was drafted higher he could have signed a bigger contract...People make choices.
That's an embarrassing argument.

Scooby1974 said:
I never said teams SHOULDN'T honor contracts, I simply said it doesn't bother me much if at the end of the contract the guy isn't performing and gets cut.
That's not what he asked you.Since you have a problem with a player, who feels that he is underpaid, trying to renegotiate their contract for more money, he asked you if you have a problem with a team cutting a player who is still under contract because the team felt as if he wasn't worth the amount of money that they were paying him.

Scooby1974 said:
As for the draft slot, whose fault was that, the Titans? Perhaps he should have worked harder in high school, he could have transferred to a bigger/better high school to get noticed, if he did better there he could have gone to a D1 college, if he went to a D1 college he would have gotten more cred, if he torn it up in D1, he would have been drafted higher, if he was drafted higher he could have signed a bigger contract...People make choices.
Johnson did go to a D1 college.

Scooby1974 said:
Scooby1974 said:
I never said teams SHOULDN'T honor contracts, I simply said it doesn't bother me much if at the end of the contract the guy isn't performing and gets cut.
That's not what he asked you.Since you have a problem with a player, who feels that he is underpaid, trying to renegotiate their contract for more money, he asked you if you have a problem with a team cutting a player who is still under contract because the team felt as if he wasn't worth the amount of money that they were paying him.
Wrong.
Really? Because I could have sworn that I read this:
massraider said:
Scooby1974 said:
Oh, I did read it correctly. Now that we have that cleared up, does it bother you?

Users who are viewing this thread