What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Perry (1 Viewer)

nxmehta

Footballguy
As a Chris Perry owner in a single keeper league, I thought maybe I was getting a steal by drafting this guy late. Now his outlook is bleak. He hasn't gotten a single carry in 2 weeks. I thought he was supposed to be a legitimate feature back?

Will Perry bounce back this year or next? Or is his career as a Bengal or even as a NFL RB finished? Any keeper/dynasty value here?

Bengals homers please chime in.

:lmao:

I flushed him 3 weeks ago so I've got nothing positive to say about him. Mostly though its his pathetic team that prevents him from being rostered.

He didn't look good with his chance and he fumbled a lot.

I really don't think he will ever get another carry in the NFL.

He didn't look good with his chance and he fumbled a lot.I really don't think he will ever get another carry in the NFL.
Zero carries?I'll take the Over for a dime.
Preseason doesn't count. I really would bet if I knew you. He is currently 3rd on the depth chart in Cincy behind Benson and Watson.His best chance will be getting a carry this year if one of those guys gets hurt. After this year I doubt he'll be on any regular season roster again.Teams aren't looking for 27 year old unproven running backs with a injury history and a fumbling problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
This season has very little to do with Chris Perry's talent. I'd keep him for now.
He's been in the NFL 5 years, he's freaking awful. They signed **BENSON** and he has replaced him. Seriously? If he's all world talent, why bench him? Why sign freaking Benson?Perry is awful. Sorry, he just is.

I heard about this guy in preseason and everyone was raving about him once Rudi got cut...but really haven't heard anything after week 1...think he's the water boy.

He's shot, especially in this system. Too long away from the game, not showing any of the skills that he had in his college years and not to mention a horrifying case of fumbilitis.

I traded him when his value was high, gee im so smart :lmao:

I got

R.Moss-R.Grant-Chad Johnson

I gave

C.Perry-S.Smith-Chris Johnson

:wall: :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
This season has very little to do with Chris Perry's talent. I'd keep him for now.
At some point, the excuses have to end for Perry. Injuries were the main excuse for years, and then he gets healthy and has his chance (when Palmer was still playing) and falters badly. People will now point to the OL and the bad offense with Fitzpatrick, but the bottom line is that he appears to be another RB in the long line of RBs that was very productive in college but couldn't translate that success at the pro level.Maybe he'll have a role somewhere as a 3rd down back, but that's probably about it IMO.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why did the Bengals cut Rudi Johnson and start Chris Perry to begin with? I realize he isn't the same Rudi Johnson, but why do you cut him to only have Chris Perry start for 5 weeks and then be benched for a player off the street? Situation doesn't make sense.

The reason why many were high on Perry (myself included) was because of how he looked before. Coming back from this injury, he does not appear to have the same burst as he previously did, and more importantly his cut-back ability. He's just not the same back.

In response to the Rudi question above: Rudi is not very good either. Benson is a better runningback at this point.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why did the Bengals cut Rudi Johnson and start Chris Perry to begin with? I realize he isn't the same Rudi Johnson, but why do you cut him to only have Chris Perry start for 5 weeks and then be benched for a player off the street? Situation doesn't make sense.
Knowing Mike Brown, it was the $4M price tag on Rudi that made him expendable.The really sad part about all of this is we could have drafted Steven Jackson that year, but passed on him for a pass-catching RB to complement Rudi. Now we are left with none of them.

zamboni said:
[scooter] said:
At some point, the excuses have to end for Perry. Injuries were the main excuse for years, and then he gets healthy and has his chance (when Palmer was still playing) and falters badly. People will now point to the OL and the bad offense with Fitzpatrick, but the bottom line is that he appears to be another RB in the long line of RBs that was very productive in college but couldn't translate that success at the pro level.Maybe he'll have a role somewhere as a 3rd down back, but that's probably about it IMO.
I sure wouldn't use the phrase "faltered badly" to describe what Perry did the first three weeks against three of the best defenses in the league (BAL TEN NYG). He averaged about 60 yards (roughly 3.0 per carry) and scored in two of the three games. Not great, but decent considering the opponents. FWIW, as a Perry owner I was optimistic at that point, an any rate.The fumble-a-week program he was maintaining was certainly a problem, though, and IMO that was his downfall. He'd likely still be getting 20 touches a game and be a fringe RB2/solid RB3 if he would've held onto the ball.

I was one of his defenders, but no more. He has looked slower during the games, but if it's rust then he killed his opportunity to knock it off by fumbling too much for the team to stick with him. I'd say he's done in Cincy. At his age with his history, nobody will sign him to be a starter, so his future looks at best like a RBBC, but even that might be optimistic. He looks worthless in redraft, and very nearly so in dynasty.

I think this is the end of the line for Chris. Injuries destroyed his career. I was pretty embarrassed for him when he got the starting nod for the Bengals 2 seasons ago (when he clearly had nothing left).Via Rotoworld

Former Bengals RB Chris Perry has been released by the UFL's Sacramento Mountain Lions.The Mountain Lions will move forward with onetime Cardinal Stevie Baylark and Denzel Washington's son, John David, in the backfield. Perry, 28, was the 26th overall pick in the 2004 draft. He clearly has nothing left in the tank.Source: Associated Press

Shame, guy was real talented. Total package for the position.

Ill never forget the game against Mich St where he had 51 carries.

Apparently not done. Is suppose to re-sign with the UFL team. His mother passed away which took him away from camp which apparently meant that technically he had to get cut (no bereavement list in the UFL :wall: ) . Anyhow, that's the scoop from PFT.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread