What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (1 Viewer)

Not sure if people have seen this website, but it would likely make life easier on Culd.

http://clashcaller.com/index.php

Not really an issue for the easy wars, but it could have been useful for the last two we lost.
:game changer:

Nice find
Just verified that it works on iPhone. This could be worth trying. Definitely easier than editing a spreadsheet.

Of course like any other method, for it to be helpful, it would require that (nearly) everyone in the clan commit to it.
I'm down to try it. Even if we don't use the call feature heavily it would be nice for tracking.

Looks like saving multiple bases is a go for the next update.

Which I am conflicted about.

I like the idea of being able to save multiple base layouts.

I don't like the idea of not being able to scout for war since anyone can just switch their layout at the last minute very easily.

shuke is knocking on the door of fbg4. The one cannon clan had been in matchmaking for 24 hours. Gave up and left.

I don't like the idea of not being able to scout for war since anyone can just switch their layout at the last minute very easily.
Hopefully they will restrict war base changes in the last 12 hours before war or something.

Call me crazy, but I sort of like the war base switch. I waste a ton of time looking at their bases in the prep day. Actual war day is enough to get the job done.

Hopefully they will restrict war base changes in the last 12 hours before war or something.
Then why bother having 24 hours to prep?

valid question

Call me crazy, but I sort of like the war base switch. I waste a ton of time looking at their bases in the prep day. Actual war day is enough to get the job done.
I don't typically scout my base until well into the war, no point wasting time on it before if it is going to change. I spend more time scouting for other folks when they ask.

I've wondered that myself, always thought it was too long but I get it. Not everyone is online 24/7 like you nerds

valid question
wouldn't mind prep beging reduced to 12 hours

The math is actually quite simple:

enemy TH level *** ** * --TH10 +2 +1 par -1TH9 +1 par -1 -2TH8 par -1 -2 -3By the end of the war we need to be at par or better on every enemy base. Any attack that does not expect to make par is wasted, unless it serves a scouting purpose for a follow up attack. Par on our current opponent would put us at 115 stars.

If our TH8 can make par on any base, be it another TH8 or a TH10, they should take that shot. Those are wins for the clan. They should happen as early as possible. That allows the TH10 and TH9 to go for +1 later. Where our TH8 cannot hit par, they should be scouting (while getting loot and stars).

Our TH9 should be expected to make par on their attacks. If not, then offer to scout.

Our TH10 attacks would be best served where than can produce +1, even if that means against TH9.

We win when we capitalize on +1 opportunities. We lose when we throw one attack after another for -1 outcome.
How do you reconcile that there are simply some TH10 bases that nobody can 2 star and some TH9 that nobody can 3 star?
There's nothing about that that requires reconciling. The point is our offense is capable of 3-starring all TH8 and below, 2-starring any TH9, and 1-starring any TH10.

Our goal needs to be to make at least par on all bases, and to identify and capitalize on +1 opportunities. Many bases will not provide +1 opportunities. Maybe there are 10-15 in any given war. Taking those is how we win.

Looking back at our last loss, against Vetaranos BR:

Tallying the bases shows that they had a 6-star advantage if both sides simply made par. 114 for them, 108 for us. In other words assuming equally capable attacks, we were 6-star underdogs out of the gate.

We had three -1 outcomes: their 3, 13, and 19

We had five +1 outcomes: their 26, 28, 29, 31, and 34 (note these were all among their lowest TH9)

108 -3 + 5 = 110

They had eight -1 outcomes: against bob, Aiden, VA, Jason, Greg1, skinny, Kevvy, and g1210. (all of these are commended for good defensive showings!)

They had six +1 outcomes: our 3, 4, 17, 20, 21, and 28

114 -8 +6 = 112

Final result, we lose 112 - 110. They shot two under par, we shot 2 over. One could argue that the three -1 were missed opportunities that cost us the war.

The details are no longer available for the Vortex war, but our composition was probably similar, meaning their expected outcome was probably 114. They had excellent attacks and picked up 9 additional stars. Par for us was probably above 114 (pretty sure on paper we had the superior makeup) but we only scored 108, due in no small part to the early surrender. We screwed up their TH8 and had -1 on several. Had we not erred that way, and made some +1 shots later, we would have won that war as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

valid question
wouldn't mind prep beging reduced to 12 hours
Need time to build troops to stock war ccs.

Shuke will apply, I dare you to reject him.
Done.
really?
:lmao:

Just messin' with you. But once we get rolling if the rest of the guys frown upon the one cannon thing, we'll part ways.

ETA: Invite sent.
I love culdeus but really? I liked the idea of no gimmicks and no underdeveloped bases. I guess I will stay put.
After reading that last post you can't go anywhere. That analysis and culdeus QBing is where we will start to win these tight ones.

I'm fine slumming shuke with the dregs of humanity in the no d war teams

It was always a hobby. No intention to run anyone off. Ever. Period.

shut it down! let the arrows fly as soon as we find a match, and rearrange our war base any time

Greg Russell said:
Does anyone have the link to that precise loonian video from Reddit?

Ah, took awhile but I finally used a combo of search keywords that found it.

This is the video where amongst other things, the guy shows where balloons stop relative to their target (very useful to know when luring CC), and also discusses how many skulls it takes to take out towers of different levels.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/342405-TheHulkFiles-Strategy-HoLoWiWi-A-TH9-Base-3-Star-Exploit

Added to the OP info.
:blackeffingdot:

This added to first post?

I'm fine slumming shuke with the dregs of humanity in the no d war teams

It was always a hobby. No intention to run anyone off. Ever. Period.
shuke is always welcome in honda (and by that I mean I'm not a co-leader and have no say, but I've got your back)

TenTimes said:
My current barching formula (mid TH8)

A couple weeks ago I learned about the hypothetical troops that are created while you are raiding, but disappear if you don't have camp space for them when you return, this is based on that. I assume everyone knows how to collector raid, it's the simplest thing in the game once you learn to spot where the loot is, so I won't talk about that but rather how I manage my troops.

Queue two barracks with barbarians, two with archers. I gem one 75 capacity barrack which is producing archers. You'll carry roughly a 5:2 ratio at a cost of 180k elixir per hour if you can keep all barracks producing non-stop (which is the goal). My plan is predicated on having all barracks producing constantly and not losing a single hypothetical troop the entire time.

1250 trophies. I can drift down to 1200, but I feel even 1199 brings diminished results :shrug: so I mix TH sniping in to this.

I return from my first collector raid. Gem the 75 capacity archer barrack and check army camp capacity. Say it's 128/200. I'm producing 18 troops per minute, so I can go raid for 4 minutes before my camps fill. If I don't find a good collector raid in that 4 minutes, I TH snipe (if I need trophies) or just return home.

Now I've returned to my base just as 200/200 troops are available. Queue up the barracks and go raid. The boosted barrack will take 8 minutes to produce its archers, so I have 8 minutes to raid before returning home to re-queue. If in that 8 minutes I don't find a good base, quit (this hasn't happened to me yet).

Again, nothing revolutionary, moreso just putting numbers down so I can see them. A good collector raid really fluctuates, but at the worst I should find a 100k/100k raid per 8 minutes, at the right time I will find 200k/200k or more raids per 8 minutes. And a lot of this will be raiding with a 92/200 army and finding a good base that a half army can take before my 6 minute "return to base" timer is up. A couple thousand DE from drills along the way too.

This past sunday morning I had (5) 200k/200k collector raids in a 30 minute period, and it inspired me to share this. The floor is nice, the ceiling is pretty high. The time commitment sucks but I can do it and watch TV. I can glance at a base and know where the loot is (I think most of us can by now?) so really I just glance at my phone once every 15-20 seconds. Just make sure the 30 second timer doesn't run out. And even if it does, it's only 1 out of 15 batches of hypothetical troops that you are losing, not a big deal.
tl,dr= Road map to a minimum of 15 good collector raids (max of 20-25 or more) in a 2 hour barch grind. Nets about 1.5-4+ million total loot in 2 hours. If you're doing better please teach me. Not sure how to translate the casual loonian raid in to a per hour rate, ideas? I'd gladly abandon barch for casual loonianing or what have you on weekdays if it were more lucrative.

:goodpost:

Nice job ten!!

my main just killed it gold/elixer barching. probably been months since I barched my main as I was DE hunting. So odd to nearly fill storage and actually be net down in DE.

I got better at barching messing with shuke.

How do you all know how many walls you have left quickly to get to maxout so easily? Trying to figure out how much I gotta get.

my main just killed it gold/elixer barching. probably been months since I barched my main as I was DE hunting. So odd to nearly fill storage and actually be net down in DE.

How do you all know how many walls you have left quickly to get to maxout so easily? Trying to figure out how much I gotta get.
Do a base reorg, and remove everything. Take a look at your wall counts in your inventory.

Do a base reorg, and remove everything. Take a look at your wall counts in your inventory.
:facepalm:

Click on edit base, then remove all and you'll see how many of each wall you have.

Use the base edit feature to get your wall count. Remove all....and the game tells you how many of each type of wall piece you have. Then exit without saving.

For giggles I'm gonna fill out the app for this war: If someone wants to help enter the data our code is

3jawp

can't figure out how to indcate stars already gathered. :shuked:
Guessing you found it... click on the time underneath your name.

Not sure what the stars on the left is though, just seems to be the same as those on the right.

Ah, I get it now. You can add multiple people as having attacked on the right, and how many stars they got. The left gives the best result on the base.

Shuke will apply, I dare you to reject him.
Done.
really?
:lmao:

Just messin' with you. But once we get rolling if the rest of the guys frown upon the one cannon thing, we'll part ways.

ETA: Invite sent.
I love culdeus but really? I liked the idea of no gimmicks and no underdeveloped bases. I guess I will stay put.
I think the consensus was not to use them for war. Doesn't matter I don't think if he hangs with outside of war.

Ugh

88 purple

124 skull

38 lego

I hate it all broken down like that. Looking at the base would have thought at most 50 purple left.

:kicksrock:

I fully agree with c-jay on walls.

TH9+ bases are better suited with purple defining the perimeter and legos inside; rather than skulls all the way around. The former can impede gowi* attacks better than the latter.

I might even finish a lava core before upgrading my purple perimeter.

Users who are viewing this thread