What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

3 starred plenty of bases with yoga with level 1. Speedwad 3 starred two th9 in the prior war with level 1 hounds. Jay just 3 starred a th9 with lvl 1 hounds.

Do you watch the wars or just make decisions based on shuke/culdeus account.

Haven't seen anyone say your team idea was a bad idea. Also haven't seen anyone going balls out at the top 5 was a good idea (beside you)

Wtf r u talking about? U said u needed a lvl 2 hound, then u said u didnt. I nerve said that
Not following along here.

I think there is alot of value in sniping 1-5 with level 1 hounds in tow. They don't really have a ton of usefuleness in hitting TH9 at this point, mostly because we are up to like 32? people with them so may as well stand aside.

Th8 just need one hound and it's a dead base. Can just carry in cc and be done with it.
Im talking about how in a two hour span u said its pointless to hit a th9 or th8 without lvl 2 hounds. Then u said u dont need them cuz something about shuke blah blah blah blah

Here are my truths that I hold to be self evident at this point

• All Th8 can be flattened by a 220 TH9 with a CC hound. 100% of time
  • 75% of TH9 can be handled by TH9 with max troops, decent heroes that are both awake, and planning
  • 100% of TH9 can be flattened by a TH9.5 with max hounds.
We need a system where we can get the TH9 and 8 all completely 3 starred with the least attacks possible.

I'm all ears.

3 starred plenty of bases with yoga with level 1. Speedwad 3 starred two th9 in the prior war with level 1 hounds. Jay just 3 starred a th9 with lvl 1 hounds.

Do you watch the wars or just make decisions based on shuke/culdeus account.

Haven't seen anyone say your team idea was a bad idea. Also haven't seen anyone going balls out at the top 5 was a good idea (beside you)
Whether they can, or should, are two different matters.

• 75% of TH9 can be handled by TH9 with max troops, decent heroes that are both awake, and planning
We need a system where we can get the TH9 and 8 all completely 3 starred with the least attacks possible. I'm all ears.
Jesus we are talking about the strategy we have on th10s.

We need a system where we can get the TH9 and 8 all completely 3 starred with the least attacks possible. I'm all ears.
You are leaving out the TH10s which is what half these posts are about. But all of those I agree with. Our execution hasn't been great past couple of wars, but just need one to get back on track

I mean look at myself for example. I'm sort of in the straddle region. I can take my best shot at a TH10 and it's dicey to get 2, or lay back and swing at a Th9 and with about a 95% certainty it's 3. That's part of the fun of the game for me is figuring out what makes the most sense.

L1 hound guys can just as easily go hound/skull/minions and snipe a top 5. Is that value added? I'm not sure. There are always tradeoffs.

You are leaving out the TH10s which is what half these posts are about. But all of those I agree with. Our execution hasn't been great past couple of wars, but just need one to get back on track
Not really. To hit TH10 effectively we need to flush the TH9 down the drain ASAP. So everyone has a free shot or two.

I mean look at myself for example. I'm sort of in the straddle region. I can take my best shot at a TH10 and it's dicey to get 2, or lay back and swing at a Th9 and with about a 95% certainty it's 3. That's part of the fun of the game for me is figuring out what makes the most sense.

L1 hound guys can just as easily go hound/skull/minions and snipe a top 5. Is that value added? I'm not sure. There are always tradeoffs.
Uhh really? Of course it is when we first send 3 top 5 attacks at them for 0 stars. Dont bother with the top 5 is all we are saying. Save those attacks for 6-13ish amd let us back folk snipe

We should put this focus into tightening up our TH10 bases at the top so we dont get 2 starred so much.

A good TH10 is hard to 2 star. Very hard. I see our same guys getting 2 starred a lot. Granted they may be up against 30+ heroes...I am honestly not watching the attacks.

Opponent bases in this war were tough. Top 5 should have been snipes.

IN THIS WAR.

I think we need to look at the actual bases and let that dictate the plan. Or at least make it a factor.

Run down the top bases. Can it be 2 starred? If yes by who? If not, skip/snipe and move down the list.

Just to add a few cents

You really have to look at who is attacking

SMN could do more with 180 troops than I can with 240. We have some high level TH 10 guys who cant attack in war, just like me

We should be focusing on going low to try to get three. Just because I have the troops and can, doesnt mean I am effective

Then we have guys who we know we can count on. SMN, VA, Tam, Doc, Culd

Break guys into ability level, not number. I am sure that I am not the only honest one here

Just to add a few cents

SMN could do more with 180 troops than I can with 240. We have some high level TH 10 guys who cant attack in war, just like me

We should be focusing on going low to try to get three. Just because I have the troops and can, doesnt mean I am effective

Break guys into ability level, not number. I am sure that I am not the only honest one here
I suck sometimes and dominate others. No rhyme or reason, except generally better with both heroes.

Fwiw I am going to go ahead and switch to air so I can get good at it now that I got hounds maxed. It is plainly evident that in a lot of cases air is better and Being able to run either with max troops will be a huge benefit. Just need to top off 1 more minion lvl.

Just to add a few cents

This is hard to quantify though, but we could put people in tiers with one sort of bonafide stud that clean up the messes left by others in the group. I don't really put myself in that category. I was generally useless while pushing heroes and I'm about to start that process again. Could be a trainwreck.

To be clear im not calling anyone out on their ability, but when our best attacker is giving advice on a strategy and for months we ignore it cuz his name isnt culd, is ridiculous. Smn has always avoided confrontation (yes, he is the ##### twin out of us and always has been) but i think we should listen. And when tam agrees, its even better

Not really. To hit TH10 effectively we need to flush the TH9 down the drain ASAP. So everyone has a free shot or two.
This we be my last post on the subject cause clearly you don't get it. We're not talking th8 or th9. Simply talking about the 3 th10 teams you broke out and currently have the gap being their weak th10 instead of leaving their top 5 for snipers or if we do good on Their bottom th10.

The only change I'm asking for is start from the bottom th10 and go up versus top down. It's not hard to understand and I feel weird saying it five times now.

If you don't get it by now you never will and we will continue to waste 5+ attacks per war.

As acer said, be honest with your own ability and the clan. If you don't think you can handle a base, go lower.

So you say make a split at the th10 9 divide and work up on 10 and down on 9? That works. But involves more math than Ron and jrk are comfortable with.

No math is involved. You keep the 9ers the same. If the group on the weak th10 is able to 2 or 3 star on their first swings they can swing higher next time.

I think youre just thinking to much on this. It's a simple concept really

So you say make a split at the th10 9 divide and work up on 10 and down on 9? That works. But involves more math than Ron and jrk are comfortable with.
We are just saying ignored the top 5 dude. Dont make it into something its not. Top 5 is off limits unless ur rank is 25+

No math is involved. You keep the 9ers the same. If the group on the weak th10 is able to 2 or 3 star on their first swings they can swing higher next time.

Yeah I'm lost. We gotta have a system thats simple enough that we don't have people completely In thend weeds.

Spell this out somehow.

Yeah I'm lost. We gotta have a system thats simple enough that we don't have people completely In thend weeds.Spell this out somehow.
If u must, IGNORE THE TOP 5!!!!!!. how else would u like us to spell this kindergarten concept out?

Yeah I'm lost. We gotta have a system thats simple enough that we don't have people completely In thend weeds.Spell this out somehow.
If u must, IGNORE THE TOP 5!!!!!!. how else would u like us to spell this kindergarten concept out?
Look, this isn't simple enough for people to follow. You have to have a base or at least a slot so people can plan. We have several that like to be loaded at the gun.

Look, this isn't simple enough for people to follow. You have to have a base or at least a slot so people can plan. We have several that like to be loaded at the gun.
Actually it is dude. Dont hit the top 5. Dont even look at at. Plan for 6 amd above. No clue how this simple concept is lost on u

Alright nice and slow. So you assign the bottom th10 team to their bottom th10. If they succeed on their first sweep they move up. Not hard.

Just like the old days. If we 3 starred the bottom 10 th8 we all moved up. Not hard really.

The bottom th10 group meets their "goal" they no longer have to attack those bases and can now help the team above them.

If they get 2 stars on all their th10 assignments they move up to help the group above them.

I don't understand how this is hard to understand.

Alright nice and slow. So you assign the bottom th10 team to their bottom th10. If they succeed on their first sweep they move up. Not hard.

Just like the old days. If we 3 starred the bottom 10 th8 we all moved up. Not hard really.

The bottom th10 group meets their "goal" they no longer have to attack those bases and can now help the team above them.

If they get 2 stars on all their th10 assignments they move up to help the group above them.

That's too much overhead for me. I'm game if you take this over.

It's like I don't even know you anymore!

Alright nice and slow. So you assign the bottom th10 team to their bottom th10. If they succeed on their first sweep they move up. Not hard.Just like the old days. If we 3 starred the bottom 10 th8 we all moved up. Not hard really.

Lol zero overhead. Ur plan as far as football teams, excluding the top 5. Come on man

I'm not hand assigning bases for first attacks. Second are on an as needed basis.

I also don't want to deal with the mess of the th imbalances.

If smn wants to set the tiers each war I'm fine with that. It's far more work than what he thinks. plus the confusion in chat.

Alright nice and slow. So you assign the bottom th10 team to their bottom th10. If they succeed on their first sweep they move up. Not hard.Just like the old days. If we 3 starred the bottom 10 th8 we all moved up. Not hard really.

I honestly don't know what to say. To me it's simple. if the bottom th10 team gets the job done on the low th10 and still have attacks left they can help teams above them.

Just working from bottom up. Somebody besides Jordan tell me they understand this even if you from Honda or quattro.

What I thinks smn is overlooking is each war has a different th10 total. Some th10 aren't really even th10 so now you got people counting the board but base 13 doesn't have infernos and hasn't even built a 4th mortar So it's not really a th10 It's a 9 so you gotta work around that. And so on.

Overhead is very high.

What I thinks smn is overlooking is each war has a different th10 total. Some th10 aren't really even th10 so now you got people counting the board but base 13 doesn't have infernos and hasn't even built a 4th mortar So it's not really a th10 It's a 9 so you gotta work around that. And so on.

Overhead is very high.
Uhm no. You start from the bottom. If they have 19 th10 then their top 7 aren't assigned at first Based on your teams. We ideally work our way up to them.

Overhead is very high.
Uhm no. You start from the bottom. If they have 19 th10 then their top 7 aren't assigned at first Based on your teams. We ideally work our way up to them.
Is acer a th10?

Overhead is very high.
Is acer a th10?
Just stop man. Bottom up on th10. B. O. T. T. O. M. U. P....spelled out enough?

Overhead is very high.
Is acer a th10?
What does he have to do with it? Good lord man. You assigned 3 teams from us to take on their th10? Yes? Yes. All we asking is to work from bottom up on opposing th10. If they have success, then obviously they can shoot higher on 2nd attacks.

Acer is a 49er and focused on their top th9. Obviously this will change over time but as of today that's the situation

if you saw acer on the other team is he a th10?

This is a pretty important distinction.

I'm just not sure why we don't push the tiers down 5 and set the teams up slightly different to allow for base comp and make everyone else +10. Bottom 5 snipe 1-5.

I'm just not sure why we don't push the tiers down 5 and set the teams up slightly different to allow for base comp and make everyone else +10. Bottom 5 snipe 1-5.
No. Any th10 ranked below a th9 is not a th10.

Over complicating it for semantics

No. Any th10 ranked below a th9 is not a th10.

Over complicating it for semantics
Yeah, but you gotta call a split somewhere. And that has to happen every war and people gotta get on that same page every war. And subtraction is harder than addition for us.

Potential 5.1 version

[SIZE=22pt]FBGS War Strategery v5.0[/SIZE]

Current Situation: TH9 are now TH8, we can 3 star them with ease. TH10 are an issue and we need to have the right people in the right spots to succeed. To accomplish this while we have nearly all our members in some state of transition people will be grouped into teams.

The 1985 Bears - Doc, CJay, Jrk, Ron

Assigned bases and goal – 5, 6, 7, 8 for 5 total stars

Special note:If practical, allow lower members to snipe bases to free up more shots from these guys as needed.

The 1999 St. Louis Rams - VA, Jason, fudd

Assigned bases and goal – 9,10,11,12 for 7 total stars

The 1992 Dallas Cowboys – Aiden, SML, channing

13,14,15,16 for 9 total stars

The 1989 San Fransico 49ers – SMN, Shammy, culdeus, Scott

17, 18, 18, 20, 21, 22

The 1993 Buffalo Bills – Tam, Zub, tam, Acer

23, 24, 25

The remainder of players attack +10 down to the last base. If you are 30-40 attack 1-5 or any TH10, else wait to cleanup any failed 3 star attempt on a TH9 or TH8.

Work within your teams to figure out who wants what base. Stay in your range until you get your goal.
Changed and tweaked the teams.

Alright keep leaving the gap on their weaker th10 and firing at their top th10.

Probably end up how I called it 3 months earlier that our th10 should just wipe their th9 on first attack. 3 weeks later we did it and we started winning 90% of wars.

Kind of how I just predicted this war result by saying to punt the top 4. Got ignored and we failed miserablly on their th10 cause we were trying to kill their top bases.

I'll just fall in line and attack my base.

Take_The_Shot said:

No. Any th10 ranked below a th9 is not a th10.Over complicating it for semantics
I guess u wont ever understand and maybe ur best th9.5 amd th8.5 should go join moroder. We arent talkong about rocket science here. And while we are at it, we will take r best top 5 sniper, although he adds no value after 4 fails amd he easily snipes the top 5 every war
Can you chill out? We need a system that everyone can follow every war without having to do a ton of math or have people stepping on toes. It's actually pretty damn hard.

Probably end up how I called it 3 months earlier that our th10 should just wipe their th9 on first attack. 3 weeks later we did it and we started winning 90% of wars.

Kind of how I just predicted this war result by saying to punt the top 4. Got ignored and we failed miserablly on their th10 cause we were trying to kill their top bases.

Where is the gap? Did you look?

Take_The_Shot said:

No. Any th10 ranked below a th9 is not a th10.Over complicating it for semantics
I guess u wont ever understand and maybe ur best th9.5 amd th8.5 should go join moroder. We arent talkong about rocket science here. And while we are at it, we will take r best top 5 sniper, although he adds no value after 4 fails amd he easily snipes the top 5 every war
Can you chill out? We need a system that everyone can follow every war without having to do a ton of math or have people stepping on toes. It's actually pretty damn hard.
Ignoring the top 5 is a ton of math?

Where is the gap? Did you look?
I mean there might be a gap below the last tier. It's gonna depend on people shaking up their base rankings and things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol zero overhead. Ur plan as far as football teams, excluding the top 5. Come on man
You know what system makes it so we leave the top 5 alone?

+5

Users who are viewing this thread