What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (9 Viewers)

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
11-15 - Smack Fudd SML PDP
So, who is doing what?
I think I saw someone angling towards 11 and 14 is taken. Usually it's FCFS on the calls, if you like something just holler and we try to keep track of it. Too lazy for clash caller. The internet is hard enough as is.
OK, I want 13
D'oh

Stopping build for 13 and going elsewhere
If you want 13, I'll do a different one.

I still haven't come up with a final plan for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we appear to have tripped over our ####s out of the gate on this war. Hopefully the a.m. brings us some 3's
This group is a 2 star clan. We swing low and clean the th9 we win like we were pretty update. Late, and with a Craig drop in of "we won?!?!?!?!?"

So far 2 wins and 7 8 losses on zero golem hound raids this war. And only one was a single hero fail. Yoga on 36 and speedwad on 39 the only wins so far.

So far 2 wins and 7 8 losses on zero golem hound raids this war. And only one was a single hero fail. Yoga on 36 and speedwad on 39 the only wins so far.
Only 1 golem hound win so far. Our 11 on their 27.
Our 11 is a TH9. Just making sure you know that.

1 win 2 loss on golem led hound raids.

But we can keep piling up losses without them at an 85% or greater rate.

IMO a 0 golem hound raid has less value than a gowoppy. It's nearly hopeless.

Only 1 golem hound win so far. Our 11 on their 27.
Our 11 is a TH9. Just making sure you know that.

1 win 2 loss on golem led hound raids.

But we can keep piling up losses without them at an 85% or greater rate.

IMO a 0 golem hound raid has less value than a gowoppy. It's nearly hopeless.
Our 11 has the 3rd highest combined hero level. Just want to make sure you know that.

One more thing, its actually 1 win to 4 losses with golem hound raids. 1 out of 5 is the same % as 2 out of 10. 80% fail.

I've seen a number of raids where we aren't even taking the right troop combos.

If you are doing a Golaloon you need the following

1 golem 4 hounds 4 wiz 16 Skulls. (last 4 spots wb or wiz depending)

Or

2 golem 3 hounds 4 wiz 16 Skulls.

And also way too much loon span. You typically only need 2/3 loons per defense. They need to be targeted and dropped in a manner that they will path to the AD

Or

Also deployment is out of order. Big time.

You don't want to send wbs out until your queen and all but 2 wiz are set down and have cleared a path.

Order of operations:

Golems

4 wiz to clear trash

queen to clear what is just on other side of golem

THEN wbs

Then king and rest of wiz if you brought them

Jump first (If using zap) then zap AIM LEFT if it's your second spell otherwise take dead aim.

Then proceed as typical with Laloon.

Remember the roles here

Golem tanks for early wiz and then the queen late. Queen takes out the AA and king takes out the queen. Know the roles and how to make sure they are where they need to be to do their jobs.

Or

And also way too much loon span. You typically only need 2/3 loons per defense. They need to be targeted and dropped in a manner that they will path to the AD
If the golem force is taking out an AD with one golem or 2 ADs with 2 golems, you shouldn't need that many hounds on a TH9. Almost guaranteed unpopped hounds when you take more than surviving ADs.

Or

If the golem force is taking out an AD with one golem or 2 ADs with 2 golems, you shouldn't need that many hounds on a TH9. Almost guaranteed unpopped hounds when you take more than surviving ADs.
You do need that many hounds. Especially if the air defenses are L7 and you have baby heros (as most do)

Or

I tend to agree with this. I think for TH9 on TH9 you go in for 2 AA and if you get them you are in good shape and if you miss, well, next time. I know the pros get it done with 14 to 16 skulls but this seems needlessly risky. In an ideal world your heroes and golems are still tanking some air dps. (again, ideal).

2 or 3 hounds is gonna depend on lots of factors. how deep the aa are and how far the loons have to go to get there. tbh, I think this is a gap in my understanding of this strat. 2 or 3 hounds and what base needs what is gonna take some real trial and error.

They are quite literally nearly out of attacks. Math is easy if they use them all. We need 90(ish). Go as low as you have to to get 3. XP can go #### itself.

closeout plan, i'm gonna be tied up for awhile

just a draft so i can see how this looks all written out

38 pb

37 pb

35 speedwad

34 jordan

33 yoga

32 g120 - Already building

29 acer

26 shammy - building

25 acer

24 shammy

23 scott

22 SMN

This leaves every other non assigned player to hit a TH10 for 1 or more stars or backup here. execute here we easily win.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/comments/36meoq/strategy_what_is_the_secret_to_success_with/

Some interesting comments here. We aren't the only ones sucking it up since the update.

Pentalaloon and the much stronger CB Quadlava can 3 star almost any max TH9 once you get ~20/20 heroes. The same strategies apply to lower bases with lower heroes. I'm assuming that since you're probably new to LL, you're TH9 so most of this info will be TH9 related.

Bases that are harder to laloon have basic traits. Overlapping maxed ADs, WTs out of range of the ADs, deep queen that you cannot get to with a cold blooded, unlurable CC with a max dragon in it.

The most basic set up that I almost always used (and i recommend my clanmates use most of the time) is 1 golem (30), 4 lavas (120), 4 wizards (16), 2 WB (4), 16 loons (80). That's 250 camp space (220+30), try to use your own golem with a max lava hound in your CC. For spells, I generally say to use 1 zap and 3 rage, though if the walls are covered by splash, I will eliminate 2 WBs, add a wizard and take 1 zap, 1 jump, 2 rage. As you get better, you can get fancier with the comps, but that is just a basic starter comp to CB Quadlava.

As another note to CB, I've been experimenting with creating a value system for each defense (WT/AT/XBow/Tesla and AD) for determining where the more effective place to CB is. I have a sneaky suspicion that if you can get 2-3 WTs + 2 more buildings, it could be more effective than an AD. I don't have enough proof yet though.

The attack plan was made harder by the air sweeper, but I still believe LL variants are the strongest attack. What you want to do is send in your CB (Golem, 4/5 wizards, 2/0 WBs, royals) with the target of getting the queen, an AD and 2 air targeting defenses (WT/AT/Xbow). Zap the clan castle. You then want to target the other ADs in what I call a collapsing spiral motion. You send 2 lavas to the first AD so that the earliest loons will go to the core while the later loons follow around in a circular path to the next AD. As the 1st AD is about to go down, you drop the 3rd lava to target the next AD with some loons behind it, goal being to have them continue the spiral towards the last AD. As the AD is about to die, you send the last lava at the last AD and you send the last 2-4 loons at a remaining WT. An important note is that if your lavas have not popped with the last AD still alive, do not use your rage spells. You will lose the raid if your lavas don't pop because you went through the base too quickly. With the introduction of the sweeper, you want to base your spiral direction based on the least effective path for the sweeper to hit you so that your loons can get behind it easily.

Pentalaloon is another valid strategy, though I feel it is less effective (Note, this could be because I have a lower 3 star rate with it). When I used to pentalaloon or when I help a clan mate plan a pentalaloon, the goal is to lure the CC and use your heroes to kill the CC. Then, using 4 rages, 20 loons and 5 lavas, you attack the base from one half saving 1 lava and 4 loons for the back end. You use the loons and lava to try to get the last WTs. You can also pentalaloon without a lure if you have a zap spell and the queen is free with a suicidal king.

As a shameless self plug, at Reddit Alchemy I do war recaps featuring a lot of LaLoon attacks. They explain better with pictures of actual bases and you can see actual attacks.

Edit: Source, was a consistent 5-6 star war player at TH9, currently have 2 TH9.5s and have started 3 starring mid to low TH10s.
bears repeating

Loons are one of the highest DPS units in the game. 2 balloon drops on almost any defense is enough to take it down, so the enemy to a LaLoon attacks are 'clumped' loons. If 4 or more balloons are clumped together early in a LaLoon attack, you have ####ED up and are wasting DPS! By keeping them spread, you maximize your DPS and speed of which you destroy the base.

if my high density seating area clears out, I'm oing to hit 26

/shammy
Man, on a bad streak right now. Really sucks the fun out of the game for me. I may need to opt out for a bit.
No one likes a quitter Sham

And no one sucks at at attacking more than me currently - not just bad - max bad.

Back to basics - boring 2 star gowipes until I find a shred of confidence to try something else.

/shammy
Man, on a bad streak right now. Really sucks the fun out of the game for me. I may need to opt out for a bit.

And no one sucks at at attacking more than me currently - not just bad - max bad.

Back to basics - boring 2 star gowipes until I find a shred of confidence to try something else.
Doesn't this bring a FBG1 death sentence?

Looking to move to FBG4 for a little bit if you guys will have me. Let me know if you have room and can open the gates. Thanks!

/shammy

And no one sucks at at attacking more than me currently - not just bad - max bad.Back to basics - boring 2 star gowipes until I find a shred of confidence to try something else.
Doesn't this bring a FBG1 death sentence?
Don't consider getting 1-2 stars against an almost maxed TH10 a failure.

Going for 3 against the same maxed TH10 using 8-10 different troop combinations for 0 stars is a death sentence.

Thanks for stopping by, PDP. Too bad we didn't have very good performances during your stay. You were probably mvp, actually! The broomhilda 3* was awesome!

Well, I'm at a loss. I really don't know where to turn from here. its gonna take a lot of time to come up with a system that works. And I can't really imagine what it is.

Who's Scotticus, and why is he so much better at attacking than I am? :angry:
I don't think he posts here often if at all. He says he reads the boards though.
I am Scotticus!

and yeah, this is my 26th post in 13 years.

I've been sucking at laloonion attacks recently so I reverted back to GoWiWi this war. Managed to beat the clock and get a couple of three stars but they were ranked a couple of spots lower than me.

I'm liking 1-2 golems with hogs against th9...fwiw
We do a lot of this in Quattro, but a deep queen and smart trap placement can cause a lot of problems here too.
Yeah, it can. That requires at least 2 golems for a mini gowi and really smart hog use since u won't have as many. I should have my AQ to lvl 10 soon, that should help.
Let me tell ya, hitting 3 spring traps in the first 10 seconds when you're sending 18 hogs will make you want to destroy your tablet.

Tried out a fancy surgical hog attack.. didn't go so well. Lots of moving parts in that one, and I think it can be easily deterred with different spring trap placement (no placing springs between buildings on the circle, but rather placing springs in front of key defensive buildings). When the attacker sends 3 hogs straight at that building, the spring gets them all, and it prevents the hogs from collapsing uniformally into the center, breaks them all up, and allows them to be picked off.

So it might be a valid strategy on certain bases, but it seems easily countered with some minor adjustments. In the end, I think I'd rather have the extra hogs over the third golem.

Users who are viewing this thread