What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

For those that don't watch the more popular war recaps I've been noticing that they too are getting wild mismatches also. Something must be broken. What's funny to me is that matches basically never take more than about 10-15 minutes. Most are <10 and a few have been in like 60 seconds over the last dozen or so. I think we've maybe had one run long enough to restart like once in the last month or two.

Of course if you go to SC forums every other thread is people #####ing about this.

It's ok. I'll just log into my alt and see what's going on...

Edit: Culdeus, you could do the same with Shuke! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My theory:

All th10s will be forced to immediately build infernos and upgrade them to lvl 3.

Culdeus then proceeds to break the SC servers with a violent string of profanity.

My theory:

All th10s will be forced to immediately build infernos and upgrade them to lvl 3.

Culdeus then proceeds to break the SC servers with a violent string of profanity.
Permaban for anyone who has been at TH10 for 3 months without building infernos, IMO.

So this is how this lines up

16 decent th10

--Min 8 players

--Realistically 12 players

1 #### th10

--Could be a 2* TH9 and wait and see fairly easily
13 max or close enough th9

--7 TH10 attackers

--Realistically 7 TH10 and 2 TH9
5 non max th9

--Shuke and 5 more TH9

5th8.5 or lower

-PB and ZZang + 1 more

Among the non max th9 shuke can take down 2 of them.

The struggle this war will be finding places to put our non bender th9s. I think some of these could be quaker TH9 2 stars. Maybe. I'd focus the TH9 with decent heroes at TH10 rather than TH9 this time. Their bases aren't what I'd call anti-2 stars. Very few moat style bases.

Thoughts?

I have no dark spells and no BK.

I think I can hit a middle of the road TH9 with GoLaLoon and jump for 3 stars. I can probably do it twice (once tonight and once in the am)

I have no dark spells and no BK.

I think I can hit a middle of the road TH9 with GoLaLoon and jump for 3 stars. I can probably do it twice (once tonight and once in the am)
18 is not bad with no bk. A golaloon with max pekka and furs in CC from a th10 should still crush it.

23 should be ok with same comp more or less.

shouldn't need dark spells imo.

This guy posted a slight variation of a superqueen/queenwalk hybrid for TH9 war raids.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/818605-The-Queen-Charge-5-Healers-New-Strategy-for-Wars-and-Farming

The main difference here is he basically sends a standard kill team to the queen at least, ideally queen/king then uses eq to core dive with a 5 healer AQ.

hogs and/or loons are used to take out single perimeter defenses as needed plus cleanup.

It's an interesting concept, and on the more "meta" type bases this could be extremely strong if you can get the queen access to 7 or more compartments. I would worry about the clock a bit.

I'd also say this would be very powerful farming strategy. DE spend could theoretically be limited to EQ and maybe poison. Mix in furry barch and a few loons and you have a pretty quick build that can just trash bases.

BTW one hidden things about these super queen raids is that you are really being a complete #######. Most of the time by the end of the raid you drain people's xbows completely. A TH10 filling up xbows can cost a fortune. Plus you pop every single trap, bomb, both air and ground.

A raid that gets a lootcapped base also can cost a TH10 over 160k gold and 100k elixer or more to reload everything.

I would love to know what proportion of folks protect their TH at the higher levels. I honestly think it must be really low. I mean, like under 5%. There's no incentive whatsoever. The modders are running rampant and their free shields obviate all need to defend.

I would love to know what proportion of folks protect their TH at the higher levels. I honestly think it must be really low. I mean, like under 5%. There's no incentive whatsoever. The modders are running rampant and their free shields obviate all need to defend.
Yup, and I tried to tell tam to climb to M1 Ch3 where nobody ever, ever, ever, EVER attacks me no matter what I hold. At M3 where there are more snipes I would still get hit if double lootcapped. Climb to M1 and look at my attack log. (Last 50 show right?) Of the 50 attacks 2! 2 actually tried to hit me for real netting a combined 1400DE in 50 raids on me.

I should finish out my max archer tower set by next week. I don't even sweat holding gold anymore. I wish I had figured this out sooner. I'd be a TH 9.99999999 by now.

IMO whatever you hit we need scouted from a th9. Your attacks are super crucial. Need 100% of the info we can get.

it's gonna be 29 and 30, need to figure out who will scout it.

Yup, and I tried to tell tam to climb to M1 Ch3 where nobody ever, ever, ever, EVER attacks me no matter what I hold. At M3 where there are more snipes I would still get hit if double lootcapped. Climb to M1 and look at my attack log. (Last 50 show right?) Of the 50 attacks 2! 2 actually tried to hit me for real netting a combined 1400DE in 50 raids on me.

I should finish out my max archer tower set by next week. I don't even sweat holding gold anymore. I wish I had figured this out sooner. I'd be a TH 9.99999999 by now.
I am triple loot capped most of the time. Up that high I would get attacked. Going to climb once infernos are L3

Totally agree, but I think now it's far more drastic than ever. We always had snipers looking for the loot bonuses, but I think the titan/legend league creation added a whole lot more folks using the scripts to find exposed TH, to take a shortcut to those leagues.

By the way, remind me that site where they catalog popular bases ? I've got to plan for a base in the Honda war, I've seen it around so I'm sure it has a name, but I've never tackled it myself. Basically the TH is with the infernoes and xbows in a tight core, then there's a larger moat around it, clearly meant to foil jump and EQ (it's wide). finally there are 8-10 point defenses in single compartments, studding the outside of the moat. I don't see it on the gadhi site. The other one is like clantools.com or something?

I am triple loot capped most of the time. Up that high I would get attacked. Going to climb once infernos are L3
100% wrong. But hard to change your mind. I guess we are both stubborn. I'll be triple capped soon again. If doesn't even phase me anymore.

Downside. Less snipes you find to hit.

Upside you never get attacked.

Don't Sue me if you are making huge scrilla off snipes and they dry up north of 3000.

Totally agree, but I think now it's far more drastic than ever. We always had snipers looking for the loot bonuses, but I think the titan/legend league creation added a whole lot more folks using the scripts to find exposed TH, to take a shortcut to those leagues.

By the way, remind me that site where they catalog popular bases ? I've got to plan for a base in the Honda war, I've seen it around so I'm sure it has a name, but I've never tackled it myself. Basically the TH is with the infernoes and xbows in a tight core, then there's a larger moat around it, clearly meant to foil jump and EQ (it's wide). finally there are 8-10 point defenses in single compartments, studding the outside of the moat. I don't see it on the gadhi site. The other one is like clantools.com or something?
It's called Heart of a Champion.

Here's a video.

Here's a video.
Awesome! Thank you

So he split the heros but did it the opposite way you normally see. Helped that the heroes were basically exposed. He would have saved a spell had he gone king v queen. Wouldn't have needed that rage.

Here's a video.
Early rage on the AQ/Healer took care of the entire CC of Dragon/Skulls in seconds.

Split hero attack and the BK on the opposite side created a perfect pinch so that everything went to middle from up top and down below.

And lastly the Heart is frozen perefectly with 2 Freeze spells.

Videos always make it seem so easy

I don't think you need a rage to deal w cc drag. Fire time is slow. Ive hit some this am and superqueen just lols.

So he split the heros but did it the opposite way you normally see. Helped that the heroes were basically exposed. He would have saved a spell had he gone king v queen. Wouldn't have needed that rage.
Good point, it is opposite. Perhaps he was worried about the single-mode inferno, which the AQ can keep better distance from. The BK might have been incinerated on that side.

Videos always make it seem so easy
They do.

And I just realized my target made a couple of minor alterations that would likely result in me getting just 1 if I don't heavily modify that plan. His heroes are buried a little deeper and he swapped an xbow with the CC. The latter means if I emulate the video's approach, all my loons clump together and make an additional stop en route to the heart. They wouldn't make it.

Fortunately my afternoon meeting was canceled.

I'm pretty much always capped and since getting all my AD finished, I rarely get touched... until that point I did get hit with loonians quite a few times.

Going through my log, I've lost DE twice. Once to an AQ/healer and once to a quake smash and grab. The rest are snipes and the odd weak barch that get a store of each.

Can anyone in the ~3200 trophy range share what they are seeing for loot these days?

Because of all the free -1 cup shields, I've unintentionally floated up near 3500. The loot is really horrendous and I 'next' far more than I care to continue doing.

My theory is that all the modders looking for exposed TH are also setting their scripts to stop at any base with decent loot. And that those modders might be out of range at 3200, so things would get better if I dropped.

Wishful thinking?

Can anyone in the ~3200 trophy range share what they are seeing for loot these days?

Because of all the free -1 cup shields, I've unintentionally floated up near 3500. The loot is really horrendous and I 'next' far more than I care to continue doing.

My theory is that all the modders looking for exposed TH are also setting their scripts to stop at any base with decent loot. And that those modders might be out of range at 3200, so things would get better if I dropped.

Wishful thinking?
I dunno. I farm de without regards to anything else. Most of the snipes on me are guys that show all archers for most part. That's probably what the bots build. Any reasonable deep protection of DE ensures you never get hit. 3000-3400 is the ideal range imo for DE farming. A lootcapped base gets you 4000-5000 a raid unless you just get really unlucky.

:shrug:

Not sure what my all time high was. I think I got close to Ch2 but fell back with no queen.

Wishful thinking?
I dunno. I farm de without regards to anything else. Most of the snipes on me are guys that show all archers for most part. That's probably what the bots build. Any reasonable deep protection of DE ensures you never get hit. 3000-3400 is the ideal range imo for DE farming. A lootcapped base gets you 4000-5000 a raid unless you just get really unlucky.

Not sure what my all time high was. I think I got close to Ch2 but fell back with no queen.
Yeah I know all about DE farming. Question was if folks around 3200 were seeing decent loot recently, or whether it is really bad, like it has been at 3400+

Used to be that every third or fourth base was DE lootcapped. Recently it's about 1 in 25. I'm getting bored of nexting.

I was hoping it might be worth dropping but if the landscape is the same at 3200, why bother?

Wishful thinking?

Yeah I know all about DE farming. Question was if folks around 3200 were seeing decent loot recently, or whether it is really bad, like it has been at 3400+

Used to be that every third or fourth base was DE lootcapped. Recently it's about 1 in 25. I'm getting bored of nexting.

I was hoping it might be worth dropping but if the landscape is the same at 3200, why bother?
I dunno, I mean I've never really noticed any difference anywhere really. 1 in 25 is really bad. Conventional wisdom says the higher you go the more maxed bases you see therefore the more lootcapped bases you hit. Now maxed guys are still doing DE spells for the moment. I think if you did nothing from a max lab but DE spells you'd just now be wrapping up. So there's that angle to things.

I will say in M1 I find more dead bases than champs. :shrug: Doc farms way high and still finds dead monsters.

Im going to opt out again. With soccer starting, I just don't have the time right now

For this war, PM me if needed. I have a scrimmage today and will be hard to check.in from sidelines.

Should have done it before this war, sorry

Im going to opt out again. With soccer starting, I just don't have the time right now

For this war, PM me if needed. I have a scrimmage today and will be hard to check.in from sidelines.

Should have done it before this war, sorry
You will be needed. We are gonna need every swingin #### in the field.

Users who are viewing this thread