What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cleveland at Kansas City -9.5 (57)*** Progressive vs State Farm (5 Viewers)

I know a lot of Bell's style is patience and knowing how his line blocks/flows  into the play, but he's really struggled in his Chiefs' tenure.

I see what you're saying, but that is the halftime show that every woman in the world watches at Super Bowl parties while the men who are into football congregate in the other room watching the NFL Network. It's so stereotypical but it absolutely happens.  

Seems like good reach, actually. 
I mean I don't mind The Weeknd (though I do think his transformation from drug-addled depressingly-sexual R&B artist to clean-cut pop star has been hilarious)....I just don't get the promos for it for weeks on end leading up to the show.  Then again I'm not in marketing.

I know a lot of Bell's style is patience and knowing how his line blocks/flows  into the play, but he's really struggled in his Chiefs' tenure.
Or it could be Bell was never that great and was largely the creation of the Steelers' dominant line at the time.

I mean I don't mind The Weeknd (though I do think his transformation from drug-addled depressingly-sexual R&B artist to clean-cut pop star has been hilarious)....I just don't get the promos for it for weeks on end leading up to the show.  Then again I'm not in marketing.
It's especially tough when there is no monoculture anyone and it took me (who was late to the game on the Weeknd because I was just never that curious to find out about him) a few moments to know who they were talking about when they finally showed him (which I understand has always been part of his gig -- smartly. Not because he's ugly, but because it was just slick anti-marketing).

It's especially tough when there is no monoculture anyone and it took me (who was late to the game on the Weeknd because I was just never that curious to find out about him) a few moments to know who they were talking about when they finally showed him (which I understand has always been part of his gig -- smartly. Not because he's ugly, but because it was just slick anti-marketing).
The Trilogy was pretty good, albeit maybe a little too much filler for me, like most double/triple albums.  He's got a tremendous voice that really lends itself to a slick, club-friendly R&B sound.  His cover of "Dirty Diana" is probably my favorite of his - it's fantastic.  

But I've kinda lost track of him over the past few years.  I know the radio hits but just wasn't drawn enough to his music to really keep up with his stuff.  I don't even think I listened to that 2020 album.

Yeah, and he's done what since he left? Nothing. Nada. Squat. He was legitimately a good receiver out of the backfield.
Body breaks down after all those years of pounding. That's why RBs want to get paid early and he was underpaid; now he's obviously not the runner he was but he can still be pretty good as long as his vision/decision-making hold up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really sure why people bag on Mayfield.  I know the Browns had all that hype last year and kinda fell apart, but he's looked pretty good to me for much of the season.  Perfect touch on that throw to Peoples-Jones right there.

I'm not really sure why people bag on Mayfield.  I know the Browns had all that hype last year and kinda fell apart, but he's looked pretty good to me for much of the season.  Perfect touch on that throw to Peoples-Jones right there.
He looked real bad last year. Like he would constantly roll to his right and flail the ball out of bounds. I had him as a fantasy QB in Summerpalooza so I watched him. It wasn't pretty. I traded him in the end it was so bad. I mean, he did nothing statistically or play-wise. It was enough where publications were questioning whether he was the answer.

Body breaks down after all those years of pounding. That's why RBs want to get paid early and he was underpaid, he's obviously not the runner he was but he can still be pretty good as long as his vision/decisionmaking hold up.
Tiptoeing to the line is generally not called "patience" like his was, and I still think it was the line moving mountains for him that made him so good. He wasn't built well, wasn't fast, and crept up to the line. He had very few explosive plays over twenty, so it was more volume than anything.

I picked a bad time to jump into this thread.  🙂

Users who are viewing this thread