What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cold Pizza? (1 Viewer)

Do you like cold pizza?

• Yes. Awesome.

Votes: 98 51.6%
  • I'll eat it if there's no other option, but I prefer it warm.

Votes: 71 37.4%
  • Gross...no.

Votes: 21 11.1%

• Total voters
TheIronSheik said:
gianmarco said:
Homer J Simpson said:
Scoresman said:
TheIronSheik said:
I prefer pizza that is left out, in the box, on top of the oven the next morning. I'm not a huge fan of cold pizza, but I'll eat it and like it.
After about 4 hours, food left out starts to grow bacteria like crazy. Enjoy your post-breakfast runny doodies.
I've never had an issue. :shrug: And it's yummy as all ####.
Mythbusters should do an episode on this but I think pizza is salty/acidic enough to slow down bacteria growth for longer than 4 hours. I've never heard of someone getting sick from eating pizza 8 hours later.
You can eat it two DAYS later.
We regularly leave food out. If we make dinner, we typically don't put it in the fridge until the following evening. It usually gets eaten by then and just tastes better going from room temperature to hot again.

Never get sick from this. I don't think twice about it.
My fiance is always trying to put stuff in the fridge right after we're done eating and I hate that. I always say that I might go back for some more later that night. She doesn't understand that putting it in the fridge ruins the flavor of a lot of food.
plus putting hot food in the fridge increases the temp in there, stimulating bacterial growth. A big no-no in industrial kitchens according to Anthony Bourdain

Scoresman said:
TheIronSheik said:
I prefer pizza that is left out, in the box, on top of the oven the next morning. I'm not a huge fan of cold pizza, but I'll eat it and like it.
After about 4 hours, food left out starts to grow bacteria like crazy. Enjoy your post-breakfast runny doodies.
2 hours

Scoresman said:
TheIronSheik said:
That's why it makes sense to avoid all fruits and vegetables. They're smothered in bacteria.

Let's not even talk about yogurt.

explain the skillet...

so you get a nice, crisp bottom, and cold, hard cheesed top?

doesnt sound appealing

wish I still owned one, but TOASTER OVEN was the absolute best way to reheat zza

explain the skillet...

doesnt sound appealing

wish I still owned one, but TOASTER OVEN was the absolute best way to reheat zza
Yeah. Heat can't pass through all that crust. No way the cheese gets warmed up with a flame 1 inch below it.

explain the skillet...

doesnt sound appealing

Yeah. Heat can't pass through all that crust. No way the cheese gets warmed up with a flame 1 inch below it.
Keeping it covered could probably melt the cheese, but then would the crust get soggy?

explain the skillet...

doesnt sound appealing

Keeping it covered could probably melt the cheese, but then would the crust get soggy?
it's all covered in the video 5 posts up

You guys are so strange. Microwaved pizza can be a bit soggy but tastes about the same.
Not soggy but chewy, tough and tastes stale. Pizza is something that you should never microwave. Hamburgers on that list also.
Ah, yes, that can happen too. In that case, just eat the pizza up to the crust and toss the rest. The crust is usually the worst part anyway.
Love the crust. The crust is especially good on an oven-reheated pizza when it gets nice and crispy. It's AWFUL from a microwave.

Depending on where the pizza is from, sometimes it's better re-heated in the oven or toaster oven than when fresh, but the better pizzas are best fresh.

I've got a toaster oven that works pretty well for a couple of slices

Last edited by a moderator:
The skillet is the way to go unless you own a waffle iron.
This comment and the subsequent videos and comments make me want to try the waffle iron/maker. Looks awesome.

Never heard of that, nor the skillet. Good tips.

Last edited by a moderator:
The skillet is the way to go unless you own a waffle iron.
This comment and the subsequent videos and comments make me want to try the waffle iron/maker. Looks awesome.

Never heard of that, nor the skillet. Good tips.
This isn't about reheating something but make hash browns in your waffle iron. Come out great and then you stack them with eggs and whatever dead pig you want. Add some cheese, onions, peppers, etc...what ever else you want.

Users who are viewing this thread