What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (1 Viewer)

There were about 10 people protesting the police brutality.  Trump called the players SOBs 
yea...no idea why this sparked more outrage.   

Our president is a dip#### and should have never stuck his nose in this culture war, but he wants nothing to do with actually running this country. He ONLY wants to appease his base....that's it.

yea...no idea why this sparked more outrage.   

Our president is a dip#### and should have never stuck his nose in this culture war, but he wants nothing to do with actually running this country. He ONLY wants to appease his base....that's it.
Hurry up CNN is coming off commercial, don't want to miss the next inane talking point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone every claimed this.  However, most people would agree that Obama wasn't the ####### idiot in the room.
Well only lib tards like you claim that about Trump, but you and many others here are too ignorant to actually open your own eye's and just go along with the latest narrative pushed by the sore loser brigade.

Google "Obama smartest man in the room", maybe you'll learn something.

Well only lib tards like you claim that about Trump, but you and many others here are too ignorant to actually open your own eye's and just go along with the latest narrative pushed by the sore loser brigade.
someone is a little extra angry this morning.   hang in there buddy.

Please give some examples from the last two weeks for starters.
In the morning, President Trump will receive his daily intelligence briefing.

In the afternoon, the Trumps welcome Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife. Trump and Trudeau then have a meeting.

Trump then heads to Harrisburg, PA., for a talk on tax reform before returning to the White House.

Google "Obama smartest man in the room", maybe you'll learn something.
This is where you post the :lmao: emoticon

In the afternoon, the Trumps welcome Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife. Trump and Trudeau then have a meeting.

Trump then heads to Harrisburg, PA., for a talk on tax reform before returning to the White House.
can't wait to read the transcript from the tax speech so I can get all the specifics about the tax plan.  :lmao:   

can't wait to read the transcript from the tax speech so I can get all the specifics about the tax plan.  :lmao:   
I don't think you'll find it on the dailykos

You would already know the specifics if you cared to....and no it's not tax break for the 1% so save that tired schitt bernie.

You would already know the specifics if you cared to....and no it's not tax break for the 1% so save that tired schitt bernie.
please tell me where I should get my news from?   Right now it's BBC, PBS and a few select reporters on Twitter.  

So basically what you are saying is Trump and his "mindless followers" have outsmarted you and the MSM.  Got it.

The MSM never does the "look squirrel" thing when it comes to reporting newsworthy items about say....Obama, or Hillary right?
Me?  Fortunately I am not part of your little goat rodeo.  I'm an observer watching this whole thing unfold with no real rooting interest.  I have always questioned Kaep's sincerity to this "cause" of his.  You can go back through this thread and read that if you want to see how woefully wrong you are.  Typically, when one is so far off, they don't usually care about the actual facts, only narratives they've created so they don't have to address reality.  And you can see what I think of Trump.  It's pathetic that Kaep's allowed his protest to be hijacked this way.  Has absolutely nothing to do with me :shrug:  Won't even bother going into your second sentence...it would only get worse for you given my opinions of our "media".

Since when is Fox & Friends considered an intelligence briefing?

So the specifics have been released? I guess I missed it.    What are the income brackets?  What are these protections they are going to put in to ensure that people don't abuse the business income provision?  Is the local tax deduction staying or going?  How much is the new child tax credit going to be?  Will it offset the loss of the dependent exemption?  If they do away with the estate tax, do they also intend to do away with stepped up basis?  Is the AMT going to be repealed?   What are the revenue projections under current conditions?  How much growth will be required to make it revenue neutral?  Those are just a few questions off the top of my head. 

NFL getting hit in Hip National...I'd take it out of the players pay..."I'd like to renegotiate my contract"...."Didn't I see you sitting during the National Anthem?"

RussiaGuys still crying about the mainstream media and using the term "Lib####s". Amazing.

It is not like they did not have rules in place.  Since it was in the rules, the NFL should have just enforced it from the beginning.  Starting laying out fines of $10,000, $15,000, $25,000 and say something like they would revisit the rules after the season.  Now it just looks like they arbitrarily enforce rules.   

It is not like they did not have rules in place.  Since it was in the rules, the NFL should have just enforced it from the beginning.  Starting laying out fines of $10,000, $15,000, $25,000 and say something like they would revisit the rules after the season.  Now it just looks like they arbitrarily enforce rules.   
Never thought we would see the day that the Roger Goodell would do this, but here we are

If it was your league, would you fine players for kneeling during the National Anthem?

The product on the field is for the most part, garbage. Easily the worst I've ever seen. Seems this sport has peaked and is heading south. Adding back in a loser like this guy is not helping. While the National Anthem debacle is partly to blame, so is the practice rules agreed upon by the players & the NFL. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13114418/practice-restrictions-hurting-quarterback-development-nfl

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/300-yard-passing.html

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/100-yard-receiving.html?yr=2017

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/100-yard-rushing.html

Who wants to pay big $ to see USFL style play? That's what is being delivered on Sundays.

How do the protests and Kaep have anything remotely to do with the product on the field?  Pretty sloppy correlation.  But not surprising coming from you.  

Glover Quinn of the Lions was on local radio today saying "The NFL is a business, like in any business if your boss tell you to do something and you want to stay employed you usually do it" Quinn went on to say he makes good money and wants to keep his job.

The product on the field is for the most part, garbage. Easily the worst I've ever seen. Seems this sport has peaked and is heading south.
I don't believe this. It's a transition year, certainly. A few of the better players have gotten older. Looks like defenses have finally caught up to some of the offenses. But this always happens. There are some exciting young teams and QBs (Eagles, Rams.) The NFL is going to be fine.

It is not like they did not have rules in place. Since it was in the rules, the NFL should have just enforced it from the beginning. Starting laying out fines of $10,000, $15,000, $25,000 and say something like they would revisit the rules after the season. Now it just looks like they arbitrarily enforce rules.
How do you enforce a rule that is explicitly optional?

They don't have rules in place to punish players who kneel for the anthem. It is not covered by the CBA. Players are free to sit, or kneel during the anthem as long as it is done is a respectful manner and Goodell said essentially that when Kaep started his protest last year (link to Goodell's quote has been posted several times in this thread).

How do you enforce a rule that is explicitly optional?
Don’t they have the ability to punish players, coaches, execs, etc. that engage in conduct detrimental to the integrity of the league?

Maybe they can use it for this.  It always seems like they have a lot of latitude in these matters.

Don’t they have the ability to punish players, coaches, execs, etc. that engage in conduct detrimental to the integrity of the league?
I'm not sure it's going to improve matters by having Goodell wield his authority by invoking a vague "conduct detrimental" clause. The public hates Goodell more than it hates anthem protests.

They don't have rules in place to punish players who kneel for the anthem. It is not covered by the CBA. Players are free to sit, or kneel during the anthem as long as it is done is a respectful manner and Goodell said essentially that when Kaep started his protest last year (link to Goodell's quote has been posted several times in this thread).
Although there isn't anything specifically in the CBA about the anthem is clearly in the league's policy which asks them to:

stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand and refrain from talking” during the playing of the Star-Spangled Banner
They could easily classify not following any league policy as Conduct Detrimental under the CBA if they wanted to.

Joint statement from player's association and league:  (could only find a screenshot)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL48LpLVQAEBYvw.jpg

(edit) Ye text:

“Commissioner Roger Goodell reached out to NFLPA Executive Director DeMaurice Smith today and both he and player leadership will attend the League meetings next week. There has been no change in the current policy regarding the anthem. The agenda will be a continuation of how to make progress on the important social issues that players have vocalized. Everyone who is part of our NFL community has a tremendous respect for our country, our flag, our anthem and our military, and we are coming together to deal with these issues in a civil and constructive way.”

Users who are viewing this thread