What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB MarShawn Lloyd, GB (2 Viewers)

Luv his combo of lateral cuts and upfield burst. That plus his low gravity powerful 5'9" 217 frame. Sounds like his issue is vision reading blocks, which isn't a smal concern, but man does the rest look/sound good.

Luv his combo of lateral cuts and upfield burst. That plus his low gravity powerful 5'9" 217 frame. Sounds like his issue is vision reading blocks, which isn't a smal concern, but man does the rest look/sound good.
His running style reminds me of Kenneth Walker. Love the way he can hit another gear.

I like Ray Davis more. Both can be serviceable guys to earn carries in the right spot, but neither anything that stands out probably.

I like Ray Davis more. Both can be serviceable guys to earn carries in the right spot, but neither anything that stands out probably.
Davis is a favorite sleeper of mine. His receiving prowess puts him ahead of Lloyd (or Benson to be honest) for me.

Tyler_FF
Of draft eligible RBs with over 60 carries and at least 5 receptions, Marshawn Lloyd is:

- 1st in Breakaway % (56.7)

- 1st in PFF’s Elusive Rating (177.0)

- 2nd in Rushing Missed Tackles Foreced/Attempt (0.41)

- 2nd in Total Missed Tackles Forced/Attempt (0.47)

The Dynasty Grill
🚨Rookie Spotlight - MarShawn Lloyd🚨

RB ▪️ USC ▪️ 217 lbs ▪️ 23.1 Years Old

🔸 4 Star Recruit by ESPN
🔸 7.1 YPC in 2023
🔸 Elite lateral agility
🔸 Home Run Long Speed
🔸 Ripped off multiple big runs this year
🔸 Solid Pass-Catcher, Under-utilized
🔸 Projected: Round 4

Davis is a favorite sleeper of mine. His receiving prowess puts him ahead of Lloyd (or Benson to be honest) for me.
I wouldn't put either ahead of Benson, pending landing spot. Lloyd sure is getting hype right now.

In another thread, I said I don't care about any RBs at this point because they are so dependent on teammates. They're kind of generic these days, no? Gimme the guy with the best OL, least competition and coach who wants to run or pass to his RBs the most. Who cares what his name is? What's his opportunity?

I also said, gun to head, this is my favorite RB in the class. Scrolling that thread, or maybe elsewhere, I read his negative is patience. That's a big deal. Many consider patience to be the most important attribute for an RB. His patience is what I like the most about him. Check out this 5 minute highlight reel and you'll see it on many plays. He waits for his blockers.

Marshawn Lloyd

5-8 220, perfect build, excellent 40. Played on a passing team with a bad OL and has tons of work in pass protection. Solid receiver to boot. Nice and shifty but maybe, like so many young backs, tries to break things outside too much. Great juice and suddenness. Beats angles most backs don't. Reminds me of Pollard when he hits the gas, but again, much more patient.

NFL Network
"This is my highest rated RB in this class." - @MoveTheSticks

@USCfb RB @m_lloyd_2 stopped by 'Path to the Draft' to talk about gearing up to hear his name called to the NFL. @RhettNFL @BuckyBrooks

Jim Nagy
.@MoveTheSticks & I see it the same. Marshawn Lloyd is 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙙𝙪𝙙𝙚 in this year's RB class.

#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE™️

That’s a lot of fumbles. Those get you on the bench quickly.
Really hope he can clean those up. Some RBs can and others struggle long term with it.

Bottom line is that is a lot of fumbles - some coaches won't go for it.

Tiki Barber
Adrian Peterson had a fair number of fumbles his first few years (9 and 7 years two and three) and then cleaned it up (1, 1, 4, 5, 0 the next five years).

Seems it is hit and miss if a player can clean these up - examples on both sides.

That’s a lot of fumbles. Those get you on the bench quickly.
Really hope he can clean those up. Some RBs can and others struggle long term with it.

Bottom line is that is a lot of fumbles - some coaches won't go for it.

Tiki Barber
Adrian Peterson had a fair number of fumbles his first few years (9 and 7 years two and three) and then cleaned it up (1, 1, 4, 5, 0 the next five years).

Seems it is hit and miss if a player can clean these up - examples on both sides.
Not sure Lloyd will have top 10 pick leeway.

When was the last RB to have his career derailed over fumbling issues?
Can’t think of any, but that’s also kind of the point. Guys that fumble become irrelevant quickly.
It wasn't the only thing, but James Robinson's fumbles got him dumped by the Jags, and he's never recovered. Injuries also played a big role, but fumbles mattered too. Antonio Gibson's role continued to shrink due to fumbles. As did Cam Akers in LA. Melvin Gordon was run out of Denver mostly due to fumbles.

Going back a decade or so, Ben Tate, Stevan Ridley, and CJ Spiller all saw their workloads (and roster spots soon after) disappear despite being quite productive. Truly special RBs aren't affected too much (Barber, Peterson, McCoy) but middling RBs it can be a killer for.

As for Lloyd, I'm much more worried about his vision and ability to get small in the hole. Feels like a backup with some big play COP upside to me. A guy who makes sense in round 4. I've got him somewhere in the RB6 to RB9 range, in the same range as Estime.

@Footballguys
MarShawn Lloyd is EXTREMELY Underrated!

At least that's what @ThePretendGM & @FantasyBluechip think. 👀

📺 WATCH: youtu.be/isaLtbqW34U
I saw him ranked #2 recently 👀

Tex

In the tweet a few posts up, Daniel Jeremiah has him as his top ranked RB this year and Jim Nagy concurred with that ranking.
If DJ likes him, that’s an important endorsement. He’s the best draft guy since Joel Buschbaum, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread