What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College RB TreVeyon Henderson, Ohio State (1 Viewer)

Christian Williams
@CWilliamsNFL
Had a great time discussing running backs on the latest episode of the
@Footballguys
College Football Show! Come for the dynasty tiers, stay for the devy guys sprinkled in
😉
(hint: TreVeyon Henderson is still the RB1 in our minds!)

UPDATED 📊 2023 Dynasty RB Rankings & Tiers || Dynasty Football 2023
May 25, 2023 Footballguys College Show
In this episode of The @footballguys College Football Show: Jeff Bell, Kevin Coleman, & Christian Williams breakdown their 2023 Dynasty RB Rankings into Tiers that include the 2024 Rookie Class.

I may come to regent this, but I Just traded Kyle Pitts for him in a 1.25 PPR for TEs, .75 PPR for RBs DEVY league. I’m punting this year and should have an early pick in both the rookie draft and DEVY draft in April. My core is Chase, Waddle, Deebo Samuel, Xavier Worthy, Javante Williams, Roschon Johnson, Jaylen Warren, Cedric Baxter Jr. Purdy, Howell. Sorry for listing my players, just putting context into this trade.

I may come to regent this, but I Just traded Kyle Pitts for him in a 1.25 PPR for TEs, .75 PPR for RBs DEVY league. I’m punting this year and should have an early pick in both the rookie draft and DEVY draft in April. My core is Chase, Waddle, Deebo Samuel, Xavier Worthy, Javante Williams, Roschon Johnson, Jaylen Warren, Cedric Baxter Jr. Purdy, Howell. Sorry for listing my players, just putting context into this trade.
I Like it for you. Henderson looks good

I Like it for you. Henderson looks good
I'm still a believer in Pitts and expect him to have a big game today with London out, but it was a gamble for sure. It seems RBs are dropping like flies all the time, so there is that, but you're right, Henderson does look good. He has the speed, power, vision, and receiving chops I'm looking for. The guy I traded with is, and has been, the best team in the league for a long time. His only weak position was TE and now he has a perceived future stud in Pitts. Still, I have to do what's best for my team and while I have a couple of good pieces, I don't have enough, especially at RB.

Henderson has 415 total yards rushing and receiving the last two weeks and on the year has 90/585/7/6.5, after being injured for several weeks. The injury after the ND game was never disclosed. I have no idea what it was, but it cost him 3 games. Henderson said ND "cheap shot" him early in that game.

Last edited:
Henderson has 415 total yards rushing and receiving the last two weeks and on the year has 90/585/7/6.5, after being injured for several weeks. The injury after the ND game was never disclosed. I have no idea what it was, but it cost him 3 games. Henderson said ND "cheap shot" him early in that game.
He is talented, but he missed time last year too. I hope he is durable enough to pan out for you .

He is talented, but he missed time last year too. I hope he is durable enough to pan out for you .
I don’t really see a problem yet.

Surprising development...on paper it looked like a good year for him to come out...maybe the combo of NIL and not getting good feedback on his potential draft position made the decision for him.

If I were a talented RB I would be trying to get out of college ASAP because of the injury risk associated with the position. Dumb decision to stay if he does.

If I were a talented RB I would be trying to get out of college ASAP because of the injury risk associated with the position. Dumb decision to stay if he does.
If he's getting $6-7mil for the year to stay in college, that's bigger than the full 4 year deal he'd get from an NFL team as a mid 2nd round pick. And if he's good he still gets drafted there next year.

Makes sense to me if you assume you aren't getting a meaningful 2nd contract (which on average you probably aren't).

22 when if he declares next year. Charbonnet, Najee, James Cook did similar. Not seeing a dumb decision myself. Seeing a big insurance policy locked in if things go wrong further down the line.

If he's getting $6-7mil for the year to stay in college, that's bigger than the full 4 year deal he'd get from an NFL team as a mid 2nd round pick. And if he's good he still gets drafted there next year.

Makes sense to me if you assume you aren't getting a meaningful 2nd contract (which on average you probably aren't).

22 when if he declares next year. Charbonnet, Najee, James Cook did similar. Not seeing a dumb decision myself. Seeing a big insurance policy locked in if things go wrong further down the line.
This is great answer. I wonder if this becomes normal now just for the RB position and makes up for the lack of 2nd contracts happening for the position. I can make what Squiggly suggests playing a 12 game season over. Pick 47 makes 1.25 per year. Plus maybe signing bonus. Pick 34 is 9.8 million contract for 4 years. At end of 4, you get most likely Franchised for 10 and done.
I think this might become new norm for the RB position with NIL. More valued in college than NFL. Rest of positions want to get th 2nd contract as fast as possible though. Why surprised a few guys talking about staying in

This is great answer. I wonder if this becomes normal now just for the RB position and makes up for the lack of 2nd contracts happening for the position. I can make what Squiggly suggests playing a 12 game season over. Pick 47 makes 1.25 per year. Plus maybe signing bonus. Pick 34 is 9.8 million contract for 4 years. At end of 4, you get most likely Franchised for 10 and done.
I think this might become new norm for the RB position with NIL. More valued in college than NFL. Rest of positions want to get th 2nd contract as fast as possible though. Why surprised a few guys talking about staying in
Very interesting when you frame it this way. NFL has made its bed...

Question with regard to NIL…for a single player like Henderson where does the money actually come from…is there some type of big slush fund or does one donor/booster pay him ot is it done another way? I am starting to feel like Kramer in the episode where he says just write it off and Jerry says you don’t even know what that means.

Question with regard to NIL…for a single player like Henderson where does the money actually come from…is there some type of big slush fund or does one donor/booster pay him ot is it done another way?
Large majority are from donations (with an expected return of players attending fundraisers etc) but about a fifth comes from sponsorship deals.

Question with regard to NIL…for a single player like Henderson where does the money actually come from…is there some type of big slush fund or does one donor/booster pay him ot is it done another way? I am starting to feel like Kramer in the episode where he says just write it off and Jerry says you don’t even know what that means.
I've been wondering the same thing. It's supposed to be like endorsements and such right? But they make it sound like the university is paying them. Is it the university paying them and just basically saying "Yeah, yeah, it's an endorsement deal, he's endorsing the school by playing football, sure, whatever we have to say to make it kosher"?

Supposedly he and MHJ offered the equivalent of a 1st round pick salary to stay for 24.

Easy decision for the RB.
Just curious on the source here.
Certainly some Buckeye boosters have the money but that’s significantly higher than any non QB is getting now.

Question with regard to NIL…for a single player like Henderson where does the money actually come from…is there some type of big slush fund or does one donor/booster pay him ot is it done another way?
Large majority are from donations (with an expected return of players attending fundraisers etc) but about a fifth comes from sponsorship deals.

Thanks…not to be a pain but can you get anymore specific…I get it big picture but are they simply getting a check with a handshake agreement or is there a contract and legal language with stuff about not transferring, not quitting, attending fundraisers and stuff like that? Could there actually be incentives involved based on stats or wins?

Last edited:
Just curious on the source here.
Certainly some Buckeye boosters have the money but that’s significantly higher than any non QB is getting now.
Just seen it posted about a few places, couple of articles with tweeted sources. Not sure of the legitimacy but the rumours are circulating.

It's not unrealistic to expect spending to ramp up as colleges get more time and information on where they can source money. It's all still in it's relative infancy so it feels like following trends from the few seasons where NIL has been in play likely won't bare much fruit when projecting forward.

Thanks…not to be a pain but can you get anymore specific…I get it big picture but are they simply getting a check with a handshake agreement or is their a contract and legal language with stuff about not transferring, not quitting, attending fundraisers and stuff like that? Could there actually be incentives involved based on stats or wins?
I think it's largely about what you can negotiate. It's mostly going to be legally tight and based around contracts and guarantees. Essentially you're allowed to monetize yourself, so however you would go about doing that, via social media, business related sponsorships, endorsements, you just do it. Apparently very little to none of it has any relationship to how they perform on the field, though obviously you would expect the best performing players to have the most lucrative opportunities.

Thanks…not to be a pain but can you get anymore specific…I get it big picture but are they simply getting a check with a handshake agreement or is their a contract and legal language with stuff about not transferring, not quitting, attending fundraisers and stuff like that? Could there actually be incentives involved based on stats or wins?
I think it's largely about what you can negotiate. It's mostly going to be legally tight and based around contracts and guarantees. Essentially you're allowed to monetize yourself, so however you would go about doing that, via social media, business related sponsorships, endorsements, you just do it. Apparently very little to none of it has any relationship to how they perform on the field, though obviously you would expect the best performing players to have the most lucrative opportunities.

Thanks…this whole thing is fascinating and just moving so fast…being in New England I feel like we are more detached from this than other parts of the country.

So basically whichever team's fanbase can buy the best players is about to get real good.
Is that how Nil works? I admit I'm in the dark on the subject.
Sounds like it. The Nebraska Coach Matt Rhule was just out there saying he needs $2 Mil in NIL money to bring in a high end transfer QB. Donors and local businesses are the ones funding that.
Kind of not ideal, in my opinion.

So basically whichever team's fanbase can buy the best players is about to get real good.
Sounds like it. The Nebraska Coach Matt Rhule was just out there saying he needs $2 Mil in NIL money to bring in a high end transfer QB. Donors and local businesses are the ones funding that.
The transfer portal where we have 3,000 players (out of 13K total) combined with NIL is nuts.

I've always felt the players should be compensated past the college education and if coaches were free to leave for better pay/jobs without sitting out then players should be allowed to as well but never thought it would get this crazy. They got to figure something out.

It's hard to justify NIL pay making sense for high end picks like Marvin, Caleb, etc, etc. There really is no way to see it as working out financially for them. As I think Wiggly touched on, the one position that is most likely to truly be influenced by NIL money to remain another season is the RB, especially when they don't project as first round picks.

The transfer portal where we have 3,000 players (out of 13K total) combined with NIL is nuts.

I've always felt the players should be compensated past the college education and if coaches were free to leave for better pay/jobs without sitting out then players should be allowed to as well but never thought it would get this crazy. They got to figure something out.

It's hard to justify NIL pay making sense for high end picks like Marvin, Caleb, etc, etc. There really is no way to see it as working out financially for them. As I think Wiggly touched on, the one position that is most likely to truly be influenced by NIL money to remain another season is the RB, especially when they don't project as first round picks.
I agree its probably in their best interest to figure something out. One of the aspects I enjoy most in college football is watching the underclassmen develop over the years into leaders. Now we're looking at a year with over 10 players entering the portal and already signing away starters from smaller schools to get a year or two from them.

I think it gets real messy for those kids who get 2-4th round grades as underclassmen. If NIL is offering them 3+ mil its a tough call as guys in that range are still game changers at the college level. NIL will easily start paying that money as they are more valuable to the college game than the NFL game at that point.

I read he found religion and will let God guide him. Plus, he's playing in the bowl game, so there's that. Looking more and more likely he returns to OSU, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Interesting that Quinshon Judkins just transferred to OSU.
I assume that means Henderson will, despite plentiful rumors to the contrary, declare for the draft.

Which, he should. He is definitely and clearly the strongest RB prospect in this class, and this is his best opportunity to turn pro.

I assume that means Henderson will, despite plentiful rumors to the contrary, declare for the draft.

Which, he should. He is definitely and clearly the strongest RB prospect in this class, and this is his best opportunity to turn pro.
I thought Henderson would have been the #3 RB on Michigan. The bolded applies to a guy like Bijan, Josh Jacobs, or Ezekiel Elliott. Henderson feels closer to Trey Sermon to me.

I thought Henderson would have been the #3 RB on Michigan. The bolded applies to a guy like Bijan, Josh Jacobs, or Ezekiel Elliott. Henderson feels closer to Trey Sermon to me.
I believe you're wrong; Once Henderson got over his injuries this year he started to show why he was the #1 RB prospect in 2021. He averaged 5.9 ypc this year despite the injuries and had 11 TDs. Once he was healthy you could see the vision and speed start to work again. Plus, he will be a bellcow RB in the NFL as far as what I've seen. If you pass on him you will regret it IMO.

If Henderson does declare, how do people see him projecting at the pro level? Is there an obvious NFL comp to make?

I don't think he's on the level as those guys. It is more a commentary on the class as a whole, which seems much weaker than last year's class.

I don't think he's on the level as those guys. It is more a commentary on the class as a whole, which seems much weaker than last year's class.
Sure the class is weak but I don't think he's very close to being the clear cut top RB prospect. I don't think such a RB prospect exists in this draft so much a few candidates, of which he is one, to be the first RB chosen.

Users who are viewing this thread