What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College RB TreVeyon Henderson, Ohio State (1 Viewer)

I thought Henderson would have been the #3 RB on Michigan. The bolded applies to a guy like Bijan, Josh Jacobs, or Ezekiel Elliott. Henderson feels closer to Trey Sermon to me.
Tell me you haven't watched a healthy Henderson without saying you haven't watched a healthy Henderson.

Interesting that Quinshon Judkins just transferred to OSU.
I assume that means Henderson will, despite plentiful rumors to the contrary, declare for the draft.

Which, he should. He is definitely and clearly the strongest RB prospect in this class, and this is his best opportunity to turn pro.
I thought Henderson would have been the #3 RB on Michigan. The bolded applies to a guy like Bijan, Josh Jacobs, or Ezekiel Elliott. Henderson feels closer to Trey Sermon to me.
I don't think he's on the level as those guys. It is more a commentary on the class as a whole, which seems much weaker than last year's class.
How quickly prospect fatigue is real. I remember when Henderson was considered one of the best coming out in years, then when he got injured everyone soured on him. I saw what he did in 2021 and the latter half of this year when he was healthy. He's got the vision and speed to justify what I just said. Plus, he isn't some midget that will have to share half the carries with someone else.

Health concerns but has better than average vision and explosive, especially through the 2nd level. Long speed seems to tail off but he can ball for sure. He will be better than people will have him rated in the process.

He impressed me a ton as a freshman and then has never really impressed me since
Injured in 2022 and first half of 2023. He impressed me a lot this year after he got healthy and was looking like 2021 again. Let's not lose sight of that.

He impressed me a ton as a freshman and then has never really impressed me since
Injured in 2022 and first half of 2023. He impressed me a lot this year after he got healthy and was looking like 2021 again. Let's not lose sight of that.
I didn’t see him play enough this year so I will concede I’m not totally informed on his play this year. I didn’t think he was very impressive against Michigan but in retrospect that was just a truly dominant defense that gave everyone fits.

Returning to school. I hope he doesn't tear an ACL in his senior season. Dumb arse.
I did read his NIL money won't be far off from what he would have made in the NFL his first year. This decision would feel way different from a financial standpoint ten years ago

A bit surprised but a lot of Ohio State's top players returning. Denzel Burke surprised me more and now Jaylahn Tuimoloau.

Emeka Egbuka announced he is coming back as well. This is very surprising to me. I can see Henderson staying based on the value of running backs but a bit more surprised about the others.

Returning to school. I hope he doesn't tear an ACL in his senior season. Dumb arse.
I did read his NIL money won't be far off from what he would have made in the NFL his first year. This decision would feel way different from a financial standpoint ten years ago
Yet he will be one year older and one year removed from his second contract

NFL runningbacks get 2nd contracts now? If he’s Kamara or CMC maybe he gets lucky. Most likely he ends up like a Miles this past season or most likely Ekeler or Jacobs this coming offseason “hat in hand” hoping some terrible team gives him something more than a WR3 contract. The dynamics have changed. NIL money is going to keep lots of NFL RB’s and other under-appreciated position groups in school longer for sure.

What does this mean for Judkins? Also a dumb arse, even more so. It's not as if RBs have a long shelf in the NFL as it is.
Neither is hurt by the other's presence, it's actually good for both and might be why they are both in Columbus. Share the wear, reduce the miles. They don't need work, NFL doesn't need to see any more from either guy so all this does is reduce the grind each takes - which also might be a plus for NFL guys.

What does this mean for Judkins? Also a dumb arse, even more so. It's not as if RBs have a long shelf in the NFL as it is.
Neither is hurt by the other's presence, it's actually good for both and might be why they are both in Columbus. Share the wear, reduce the miles. They don't need work, NFL doesn't need to see any more from either guy so all this does is reduce the grind each takes - which also might be a plus for NFL guys.
Maybe- sort of depends why Henderson came back. If it's good NIL, unfinished business, wants to beat Michigan, win a Natty, etc. than that is one thing. But there is the chance the feedback he got from the NFL was disappointing. Which in that case means he does have something to prove.

Maybe- sort of depends why Henderson came back. If it's good NIL, unfinished business, wants to beat Michigan, win a Natty, etc. than that is one thing. But there is the chance the feedback he got from the NFL was disappointing. Which in that case means he does have something to prove.

Agreed...good points being made by everyone but the bottom-line is if he was told he was going to be a first round draft pick I'm pretty sure he would not be coming back.

Agreed...good points being made by everyone but the bottom-line is if he was told he was going to be a first round draft pick I'm pretty sure he would not be coming back.
How many RBs are first round picks these days? I believe a 2nd round grade is appropriate. I don't think he was graded any lower, but I don't know.

How many RBs are first round picks these days? I believe a 2nd round grade is appropriate. I don't think he was graded any lower, but I don't know.

There were two last year but the point is about the feedback...maybe he heard there was a good chance he could slip out of the second round...there are a lot of factors in play here (as pointed out by others) and I think the feedback he got is one of them because if he gets hurts or if Judkins totally outplays him he could be in a worse spot this time next year...it does appear this is a thin year at the top for the RB position and he is passing on it and this is after OSU just landed a big time transfer who I have to assume has been told he is a big piece of their plans for 2024 or he would have went somewhere else (and the same could also be said about Henderson)

I with Johnny on this one, Trey isn't a 1st round NFL pick IMO.

I with Johnny on this one, Trey isn't a 1st round NFL pick IMO.

100% agree… did not say that he was…I guess I did not make it clear that I was simply talking about the feedback but I used an extreme example.

Fantasy Fanatics
Did TreVeyon Henderson just sacrifice generational wealth to try and win a National Championship… 🤯🤯

Before I go into the details and math, WHO is advising these kids? Who is in Henderson’s ear telling him that staying for a 4th year at OSU is a good idea?!

What he will make this year:

NIL: $770,000

What he gave up:

2nd round pick annual salary: $1,200,000

Considering he decided to declare in the greatest RB class of all time, as a 4 year player, and backup RB, he will most likely be outside of the top 10 RBs of 2025, guaranteeing him day 3 draft capital

What he will make now:

5th round pick annual salary: $680,000

Let’s project that TreVeyon Henderson had a similar career to Miles Sanders if he was a 2nd round pick (probably a lowball) and lands his same contract 4 years later

4 year $25,400,000

Now let’s project that Henderson has a similar career to Zach Moss as a 5th round pick (probably too generous) and lands his same contract

4 year $4,612,316

This break down comes out to a net loss of:

$22,097,684 in the span of 8 years…

What he could have made:
$30,200,000

What he will make after staying for a 4th year at OSU:
$8,102,316

This is not counting any veteran contract deals or jersey sales

🤯🤯🤯What was he thinking🤯🤯🤯

Fantasy Fanatics
Did TreVeyon Henderson just sacrifice generational wealth to try and win a National Championship… 🤯🤯

Before I go into the details and math, WHO is advising these kids? Who is in Henderson’s ear telling him that staying for a 4th year at OSU is a good idea?!

What he will make this year:

NIL: $770,000

What he gave up:

2nd round pick annual salary: $1,200,000

Considering he decided to declare in the greatest RB class of all time, as a 4 year player, and backup RB, he will most likely be outside of the top 10 RBs of 2025, guaranteeing him day 3 draft capital

What he will make now:

5th round pick annual salary: $680,000

Let’s project that TreVeyon Henderson had a similar career to Miles Sanders if he was a 2nd round pick (probably a lowball) and lands his same contract 4 years later

4 year $25,400,000

Now let’s project that Henderson has a similar career to Zach Moss as a 5th round pick (probably too generous) and lands his same contract

4 year $4,612,316

This break down comes out to a net loss of:

$22,097,684 in the span of 8 years…

What he could have made:
$30,200,000

What he will make after staying for a 4th year at OSU:
$8,102,316

This is not counting any veteran contract deals or jersey sales

🤯🤯🤯What was he thinking🤯🤯🤯
Very well laid out. He made a bad decision when you look at in detail.

Most likely he ends up like a Miles this past season or most likely Ekeler or Jacobs this coming offseason
They got between $6-10m a year.
NIL money is going to keep lots of NFL RB’s and other under-appreciated position groups in school longer for sure.
And I'd bet most of them have doubts about how good enough they are to earn a second contract like the those Rb's you referenced above got.

And I'd bet most of them have doubts about how good enough they are to earn a second contract like the those Rb's you referenced above got.
Oh come on not one of these guys doubts their ability to work and improve to that point. You can't be successful in big time sports if you think like this.

As a raging Buckeye fan I love this, but it sucks so bad for my devy team. I have both Henderson and Judkins and was really loving having potentially RB1 two years in a row.

I think Henderson is running on the combined NIL/unfinished business energy. He'll lose a bunch of money long term but hey, you're only a college student once. Unlike QB though injury risk is real for RB and I think it's a bad decision for him overall. Hope it works out for him.

As a raging Buckeye fan I love this, but it sucks so bad for my devy team. I have both Henderson and Judkins and was really loving having potentially RB1 two years in a row.

I think Henderson is running on the combined NIL/unfinished business energy. He'll lose a bunch of money long term but hey, you're only a college student once. Unlike QB though injury risk is real for RB and I think it's a bad decision for him overall. Hope it works out for him.
and he hasn't exactly been the paragon of health over his college career.

He looked pretty healthy in 2021.

Yep, he was healthy 3 years ago. If he sprains his ankle and misses a month in 2024, the big take away most people will have from his college career is had a lot of potential but could never stay healthy.

Yep, he was healthy 3 years ago. If he sprains his ankle and misses a month in 2024, the big take away most people will have from his college career is had a lot of potential but could never stay healthy.
kinda funny isn't it?

kinda funny isn't it?
Kind of sad for him. I just wish he had gone pro. He finished strong and healthy, leaving people with a good feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread