What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Brock Bowers, LV (1 Viewer)

Austin Abbott
Brock Bowers is legitimately in the conversation for the GREATEST TE prospect of all time.

Where I currently rank Bowers:
- 1.03 in Dynasty Rookie Draft’s (1QB)
- 1.04 in Dynasty Rookie Draft’s (SF)
- TE4 in my Dynasty Rankings

In the ENTIRE PFF College Era, Bowers ranks:
- 1st in career PFF receiving grade (94.3)
- 1st in career receiving yards
- 1st in receiving YAC
- 1st in forced missed tackles
- T-1st in receiving TD's

Draft Eligible: 2024 (Officially declared yesterday)
College: Georgia
Height: 6'4
Weight: 230 lbs
College Production: 175 receptions, 2,538 yards, 31 TD's in 40 games

College Profile:
Break Out Age: 18.7 (95th%)
College YPR: 15.4 (81st%)
Vertical: 41.5 (99th%)

Highschool metrics:
4.48 40 Yard Dash (98th%)
113.6 Speed Score (98th%)

Unmatched energy in the trenches, an absolute unit of a blocker. Subtle head fakes, makes appropriate adjustments without hesitation, he's got the full package as a receiver. Bowers is 3rd percentile in weight (230), the only true concern I have. When he inevitably adds weight, I’m hoping this doesn’t hamper his impressive 4.48 speed.

194 career touches, 0 fumbles. Ball security is on another level with Bowers, he's the epitome of safe. Bowers will absolutely thrive at the next level, this 2024 class should be one of the better ones in recent memory.

Jeremy Shockey, Vernon Davis, and Kyle Pitts are some of the TOP TIER TE prospects that we’ve ever come across. Brock Bowers is arguably a BETTER prospect than all of them. I’m anticipating TOP 10 overall Draft Capital, early to mid 1st round is realistic/inevitable. This kid is truly special, a world class talent.
I'm not arguing against Bower's talent but............... but LaPorta is a beast and commands respect.

Tex

And I think everyone on earth respects LaPorta in the NFL. He's a stud.

Coming out of college it's a literal no contest. Pitts and Bowers are and were ranked miles ahead of LaPorta.

Are we gonna argue that Puca was the best talent coming out of college in 2023?
Sure and Justin Jefferson….scouts get it misses every year it’s ok.

Tex

Am hoping he goes to a team with a decent offensive line, otherwise he’s going to be blocking too much for early fantasy success IMO.

He’ll probably be the x-factor in many drafts on where he goes, before Nabers or Odunze? At the moment looks like a good chance (pre-combine and all) that all of these guys go in the top 10 of the nfl draft along with MHJr. Probably depends on what the guys at the 2-5 picks have at TE in a particular league.

I know it’s a meme but seeing that pic of him looking scrawny as hell does have me a little spooked. Still think he’s a total stud but when I watch him, I see Ditka and the guy in those pics sure doesn’t look like Ditka so not sure how to reconcile it. Probably just bet on him.

I know it’s a meme but seeing that pic of him looking scrawny as hell does have me a little spooked. Still think he’s a total stud but when I watch him, I see Ditka and the guy in those pics sure doesn’t look like Ditka so not sure how to reconcile it. Probably just bet on him.
It took me a VERY long time to stop not drafting the skinny WR's like Devonta/Tank Dell/Calvin Ridley etc.

Not making the mistake with tight ends like this. It actually is exactly what I need to be able to draft this guy at a decent spot in rookie drafts

It took me a VERY long time to stop not drafting the skinny WR's like Devonta/Tank Dell/Calvin Ridley etc.

Not making the mistake with tight ends like this. It actually is exactly what I need to be able to draft this guy at a decent spot in rookie drafts

I got no problem with the slinky WRs, been ahead of the curve on that one. I do wonder about it with Bowers because he looks like a total joke in street clothes compared to the guy I see on film. Don’t think it’s enough to bother me other than to sort Odunze above him, just saying. It’s weird lol. I’ll bet on the tape but yeah right now tiebreaker goes Odunze over him.

I got no problem with the slinky WRs, been ahead of the curve on that one. I do wonder about it with Bowers because he looks like a total joke in street clothes compared to the guy I see on film. Don’t think it’s enough to bother me other than to sort Odunze above him, just saying. It’s weird lol. I’ll bet on the tape but yeah right now tiebreaker goes Odunze over him.
I agree. He IS standing next to Gronk who is a very large man, so that is part of it as well. But yeah if I saw him in a grocery store I wouldn't think "Best tight end prospect in history" or even think he might play football if I am being honest haha

I agree. He IS standing next to Gronk who is a very large man, so that is part of it as well. But yeah if I saw him in a grocery store I wouldn't think "Best tight end prospect in history" or even think he might play football if I am being honest haha

That pic is screaming Nikola Jokic v2.0. No drip, no sauce, looking weak and sloppy... And well, you know the rest....

I know everyone likes a Caleb/WR combo at 1/9, but handing a rookie QB two pass catching TEs with DJ Moore is great.

And the WRs are there in the 2nd and 3rd.

I saw a mock on YouTube, forget who it was, that had him going to Atlanta. How dumb is that?

gronk/hernandez v2.0 🤤
Jonnu Smith did pretty good and they have Kyle Pitts. No way do they need a TE. It's not as if they are a contender and have luxury picks.

it's a horrible decision.
He won't last to that pick anyway, so it is moot.
I don't know about that, TE is not a premium position.

Jeremiah just dropped his last mock and has him going 18th to the Bengals.

I saw a mock on YouTube, forget who it was, that had him going to Atlanta. How dumb is that?

gronk/hernandez v2.0 🤤
Jonnu Smith did pretty good and they have Kyle Pitts. No way do they need a TE. It's not as if they are a contender and have luxury picks.

Yet oddly enough, the 2 best TEs of the last however many years starred in the SB.
An elite TE is a cheat code in the NFL... this guy is touted as the college GOAT.... I think he goes WAY earlier than 18

gronk/hernandez v2.0 🤤

Yet oddly enough, the 2 best TEs of the last however many years starred in the SB.
An elite TE is a cheat code in the NFL... this guy is touted as the college GOAT.... I think he goes WAY earlier than 18
I hate the term "cheat code", but I agree with you otherwise.

gronk/hernandez v2.0 🤤

Yes those TE's are good. They were also drafted in the 3rd and 5th round.

And despite those two possibly being the best TE's in the game if they comped against just OT's, which this draft is abundant in, Kittle would be the 24th highest paid OT and Kelce would be the 26th.

19 WR's get paid more then both of them so if a team wants a pass catcher hard for me to see Bowers at least waiting till the Big 3 land.

They'd be coming in around the 20th highest paid edge rusher, think a lot of teams will see more value in Turner.

In the end I agree with you he'll likely go before 18, but I think dropping into double digits is very probable because again it's not one of the more premium positions based on pay scale and that's a big component in driving teams drafting decisions.

gronk/hernandez v2.0 🤤

What phrase did you use when using a game genie?

gronk/hernandez v2.0 🤤

What phrase did you use when using a game genie?
Never used that phrase.

NFL Draft Files
Brock Bowers is a generational talent and the 2nd best player in the entire 2024 NFL Draft.

Ask yourself: what one position were the Lions, Ravens, 49ers, and Chiefs all elite at in 2023?

Don’t be that guy who says Brock Bowers isn’t a franchise-changing player.

Ray G
I mean……I kinda agree! This play is REALLY selling me too right now I can’t lie!

Brock Bowers is an absolute STUD straight up. #2024NFLDraft

Ray G
I know he’s a TE! I understand the position value. The scheme is 100% going to matter.

I get all that. But Brock Bowers been a bad mfer from Day 1. Literally. Everyone knew he was the best player on the field from DAY 1.

He’s done it every year in the SEC. That’s a bad boy.

David J. Gautieri
Only 2 TE’s have ever averaged 3.00+ YPRR in a college season & got drafted RD1 – Kyle Pitts & (soon to be) Brock Bowers.

Bowers did it as a TRUE FRESHMAN.

In the SEC.

That’s a REAL bad boy.

I have pick 3,4, 6, 7

And I'm thinking Nabers, Bowers, someone's pick and then Odunze a QB (whoever is left)

He's becoming my "oh cmon he can't be THAT good" guy so far.
Anyone else feel the same? Compliments almost too strong?
Yes, starting to get that Kyle Pitts-like buzz. Even if he is all that, he’s facing a much different TE landscape than what Pitts faced just a few years ago. Much deeper now with young talent, so for Bowers to pay off, he’s probably going to have to be another LaPorta. Big ask IMO.

He's becoming my "oh cmon he can't be THAT good" guy so far.
Anyone else feel the same? Compliments almost too strong?
Yes, starting to get that Kyle Pitts-like buzz. Even if he is all that, he’s facing a much different TE landscape than what Pitts faced just a few years ago. Much deeper now with young talent, so for Bowers to pay off, he’s probably going to have to be another LaPorta. Big ask IMO.
There is a part of me that wonders if Kyle Pitts suddenly looks worth his draft capital with Arthur Smith gone.

Bowers is a better prospect than Pitts was in my opinion. Pitts had unprecedented size/speed but Bowers is a much better route runner.

My personal opinion is whoever takes Jayden Daniels over the likes of Harrison/Nabers/Bowers is doing themselves a disservice and reaching for need/QB desperation.

There is a part of me that wonders if Kyle Pitts suddenly looks worth his draft capital with Arthur Smith gone.

Bowers is a better prospect than Pitts was in my opinion. Pitts had unprecedented size/speed but Bowers is a much better route runner.
To that end, landing spot is (obviously) going to be big for Bowers. If he goes to the Chargers, as many mocks show, that could be big. Hadn’t heard the Colts before the link above, which would make Richardson owners giddy, but the Colts would almost certainly have to trade up to get him.

To that end, landing spot is (obviously) going to be big for Bowers. If he goes to the Chargers, as many mocks show, that could be big. Hadn’t heard the Colts before the link above, which would make Richardson owners giddy, but the Colts would almost certainly have to trade up to get him.
If he doesn't go to the Chargers, the Jets with Rodgers looks pretty interesting, and maybe the Titans depending on if Callahan can develop Levis.

If I was doing a mock today I'd probably put him at 15 to the Colts and tend to think the Chargers will pass, the Jets will hate to pass but need OT to bad and unless no one moves in front of the Colts I think that's where he's most likely to go.

And fwiw I think Pitts and Bowers are really different receiving talents that just both happen to play the same position. I think Pitts is a better outside receiver, Bowers better in the middle and YAC. Nothing about Pitts is scaring me off Bowers, but then again I'm a Pitts buyer now.

If he doesn't go to the Chargers, the Jets with Rodgers looks pretty interesting, and maybe the Titans depending on if Callahan can develop Levis.
Bump bowers does have a better ring to it….

If he goes to the Jets then I'm done as a Jets fan. There's no need and the line is abysmal. TEs block, but they can't catch and block at the same time. We need a tackle in a draft that has them in abundance. You can punch Joe Douglas's ticket out of town if he picks Bowers. They have Jeremy Rucker and Tyler Conklin. Close enough for government work, I say.

They need the positional value.

The only players that aren't tackles that I'd advocate for are Harrison Jr. and Nabers, and they won't be there at ten, so the point is all moot anyway. Rodgers needs help staying upright and healthy, not a TE getting adjusted to the professional game.

Would be SO Jets tho, to appease rodgers for the 1 year he's there with another offensive weapon.

I don't think Rodgers is a fool. He knows he needs a lineman. If he wants Bowers, by all means draft Bowers, but I'm pretty sure that's not who he wants. I can't remember a TE getting a high volume of targets with Rodgers. Finley came the closest to a big target share, but we all remember that he never got what his fantasy GMs thought was appropriate.

What it would be like the Jets to do is to have pushed all-in on this year for Rodgers and draft somebody he doesn't want. That would be Jets-esque.

Would be SO Jets tho, to appease rodgers for the 1 year he's there with another offensive weapon.

I don't think Rodgers is a fool. He knows he needs a lineman. If he wants Bowers, by all means draft Bowers, but I'm pretty sure that's not who he wants. I can't remember a TE getting a high volume of targets with Rodgers. Finley came the closest to a big target share, but we all remember that he never got what his fantasy GMs thought was appropriate.

What it would be like the Jets to do is to have pushed all-in on this year for Rodgers and draft somebody he doesn't want. That would be Jets-esque.
I don’t see them going after Bowers - Rodgers has maybe a year or two left and won’t be enamored of a rookie to deal with. They’re more likely to overpay for a Gabe Davis or someone of that ilk.

Users who are viewing this thread