What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College WR Troy Franklin, Oregon (2 Viewers)

I'm liking him more an more and will be a 1st round pick in rookie drafts, especially in start 1qb leagues.

Might crap myself if he ends up in Buffalo... Sitting with the #3 pick Im already kinda torn between Odunze and Bowers (TE premium league).

Seeing this guy, whose talent I really like (tho less than Odunze) end up with Allen.... Ugh, I legit will be scrambling to decide

Might crap myself if he ends up in Buffalo... Sitting with the #3 pick Im already kinda torn between Odunze and Bowers (TE premium league).

Seeing this guy, whose talent I really like (tho less than Odunze) end up with Allen.... Ugh, I legit will be scrambling to decide
I am 100% with this. I am a Allen owner in my main dynasty but as reigning champ my picks are 1.10, 2.01, 2.02 and 2.03. I will have to look to trade up in this scenario as I would want to pair him with Allen for sure.

I thought Franklin was a sneaky loser at the combine. He was listed at 6-3 187 and came in at 1 1/8th inches and 11 pounds smaller. I thought he'd be around 4.35 and was 4.41. Its a little reminiscent of Jalin Hyatt last year, though I think Franklin is a better prospect than Hyatt was. Still, I was a little disappointed in a guy I had in the WR4 argument.

Same here. His entire highlights are him Mossing people. He is what a prototypical WR1 looks like. I think his floor is a guy like Torrey Smith, but if this guy isn't a productive pro then I might as well just start throwing darts at a piece of paper. He's got the measurables and the tape.

I like him more than Odunze. I'm not sure about Bowers, but that's a whole different conversation. This class is deep. Unfortunately, I won't be able to draft earlier enough to get him but I wouldn't mind trading a guy like Stefon Diggs who is turning 31 this year if I can trade up to draft 21 year old Troy Franklin. Let's face the facts, Diggs might not even be in the league 3 years from now (age 34) and Franklin will still be burning people and if he's not, then I wasted 1-2 years of (31, 32) year old Diggs.

That's where my head is at least.

Pete Prisco
Most underrated receiver in the draft is Oregon’s Troy Franklin. He will be an NFL star. Take it to the bank. I know he needs to put on weight, but he will. I would take him in the first round. That’s what I think of his game.

Snoog’s Dynasty Society
Troy Franklin is very Jordan Addison ish in my opinion

He’ll do great in a #2 role at the next level with his blend of smooth skills

High floor prospect with upside and he’ll be a great value in the late 1st/early 2nd of rookie drafts 🎯

#NFLDraft2024

He would’ve been my WR2 in 2023

Austin Abbott
𝗧𝗿𝗼𝘆 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗹𝗶𝗻 was a 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥 in 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯

➖𝟭,𝟯𝟴𝟯 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 (𝟲𝘁𝗵 in 𝗖𝗙𝗕)
➖𝟭𝟰 𝗧𝗗’𝘀 (𝟯𝗿𝗱 in 𝗖𝗙𝗕)
➖𝟯.𝟯𝟮 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗣𝗲𝗿 𝗥𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗲 𝗥𝘂𝗻 (𝟲𝘁𝗵 in 𝗖𝗙𝗕)

𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗦:

➖𝗦𝗶𝘇𝗲: 𝟲’𝟮, 𝟭𝟳𝟲 𝗹𝗯𝘀
➖𝟰𝟬 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲: 𝟰.𝟰𝟭 (𝟵𝟬𝘁𝗵%)
➖𝗖𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗥𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘂𝘀: 𝟭𝟬.𝟮𝟴 (𝟴𝟴𝘁𝗵%)

In his 𝟯 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀 at 𝗢𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗻, 𝗧𝗿𝗼𝘆 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗹𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 annually in 𝗧𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘀, 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀, 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀, 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗗’𝘀.

In 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯, 𝗧𝗿𝗼𝘆 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗹𝗶𝗻 had:

➖𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗔𝗖 (𝟱𝟯𝟴) than 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗝𝗿.
➖𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗠𝗧𝗙 (𝟭𝟰) than 𝗫𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗲𝗿 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵𝘆
➖𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗗’𝘀 (𝟭𝟰) than 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗢𝗱𝘂𝗻𝘇𝗲

I seriously believe 𝗧𝗿𝗼𝘆 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗹𝗶𝗻 will be a 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝗥𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 in the 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰 𝗡𝗙𝗟 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁. His 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 (𝟭,𝟯𝟴𝟯 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀, 𝟭𝟰 𝗧𝗗’𝘀 in 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯) and 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗲𝗱 (𝟰.𝟰𝟭) were 𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀.

Friendly reminder that 𝗕𝘂𝗳𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗼 owns the 𝟮𝟴𝘁𝗵 overall pick and 𝗞𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗮𝘀 𝗖𝗶𝘁𝘆 owns the 𝟯𝟮𝗻𝗱 overall pick, I firmly believe 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀 are 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗬 𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 a 𝗪𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿.

Austin Abbott

➖𝟭𝟰 𝗧𝗗’𝘀 (𝟯𝗿𝗱 in 𝗖𝗙𝗕)

𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗦:

In his 𝟯 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀 at 𝗢𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗻, 𝗧𝗿𝗼𝘆 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗹𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 annually in 𝗧𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘀, 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀, 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀, 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗗’𝘀.

I seriously believe 𝗧𝗿𝗼𝘆 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗹𝗶𝗻 will be a 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝟭𝘀𝘁 𝗥𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 in the 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰 𝗡𝗙𝗟 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁. His 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 (𝟭,𝟯𝟴𝟯 𝗬𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀, 𝟭𝟰 𝗧𝗗’𝘀 in 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯) and 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗲𝗱 (𝟰.𝟰𝟭) were 𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀.

Friendly reminder that 𝗕𝘂𝗳𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗼 owns the 𝟮𝟴𝘁𝗵 overall pick and 𝗞𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗮𝘀 𝗖𝗶𝘁𝘆 owns the 𝟯𝟮𝗻𝗱 overall pick, I firmly believe 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘀 are 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗬 𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 a 𝗪𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿.
Why is it when I read this I kept replacing Troy with Clifford?

Austin Abbott

➖𝟭𝟰 𝗧𝗗’𝘀 (𝟯𝗿𝗱 in 𝗖𝗙𝗕)

𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗦:

“Clifford Franklin's the only one catching it… and only one coming down with it!”

I thought Franklin was a sneaky loser at the combine. He was listed at 6-3 187 and came in at 1 1/8th inches and 11 pounds smaller. I thought he'd be around 4.35 and was 4.41. Its a little reminiscent of Jalin Hyatt last year, though I think Franklin is a better prospect than Hyatt was. Still, I was a little disappointed in a guy I had in the WR4 argument.
I agree. Sometimes I don't always care about the combine but when your weakness is supposed to be your size and you come in smaller than expected. Plus your trump card is your speed and relative to your size you have an unimpressive 40, it does make me question you.

I agree. Sometimes I don't always care about the combine but when your weakness is supposed to be your size and you come in smaller than expected. Plus your trump card is your speed and relative to your size you have an unimpressive 40, it does make me question you.
I wonder how much is true if he had the flu going into the combine. Lost weight and likely muscle/speed if he was still recovering from the flu. I have no idea, just that was reported.

I wonder how much is true if he had the flu going into the combine. Lost weight and likely muscle/speed if he was still recovering from the flu. I have no idea, just that was reported.
Makes a difference if he did have the flu. But you have to be wary of agent smokescreen. Make your best guess.

I remember several years back Shady McCoy tested really poorly at the combine and it was reported he was much hindered by the flu. Which turned out to be the case based on how he performed in the league.

I also remember being a dummy and not drafting McCoy as I decided between him and another RB.

Makes a difference if he did have the flu. But you have to be wary of agent smokescreen. Make your best guess.

I remember several years back Shady McCoy tested really poorly at the combine and it was reported he was much hindered by the flu. Which turned out to be the case based on how he performed in the league.

I also remember being a dummy and not drafting McCoy as I decided between him and another RB.
True. There is going to be so much crap (both ways) that comes out between now and the NFL draft. Look at how Stroud failed that QB test.... looks like he passed the on field rookie test last year, the one that matters.

I haven't dug in to deep on Franklin but if the flu story is true he could slip a bit and become a value.

Austin Abbott

➖𝟭𝟰 𝗧𝗗’𝘀 (𝟯𝗿𝗱 in 𝗖𝗙𝗕)

𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗦:

I look like I just jacked off an elephant!

I honestly think he'll go in the 2nd round because of that weight drop, but he's the 4th best WR in this class in my book. Probably will be like the 8th drafted though.

Maybe but he ran 4.41 at his pro day as well (though he did weigh in a little heavier)

Bob McGinn's draft series begins

Excerpt:

TROY FRANKLIN, Oregon (6-2, 180, 4.45, 2-3): Third-year junior, two-year starter. “He was their big-play guy and has been for a couple years,” said one scout. “The concern is he’s really thin. He can take the top off a defense but he can also get open intermediate. He’s got to add some bulk. He had a few drops this year, which was a bit of a concern. He seems like a No. 3 guy who can play inside and out and then advance from there.” Finished with 160 receptions for 2,483 (15.5) and 25 TDs, including 14 in 2023. “He’s in the speedster-vertical threat category,” a second scout said. “I did like his run after catch on quick hitters. They got him out in space and got the ball in his hands and he just ran away eliminating pursuit angles. That was impressive. He's only going to be a slot, which diminishes his roster value and knocks him down. A lot of teams will take chances on speed.” From East Palo Alto, Calif. “He’s a huge risk,” a third scout said. “His combination of lack of play strength, lack of ability to play through contact, doesn’t track the ball well, doesn’t frame the ball well at all. That’s just not a good combination of weaknesses even though he’s electric fast and will get drafted higher than he probably should. The history tells you he’s going to struggle.”

Been hearing a lot of chatter that he's a guy who could really fall. Like maybe even to the 3rd round.

It's gonna take a 2nd round WR run like nothing we've ever seen for some of these usual 2nd rd suspects to avoid the 3rd and 4th rounds this weekend. I can't emphasize strongly enough how important I think bpa drafting is, but I'll be tipping my cap to teams doubling up on WR and OL in the 3rd. Possibly CB too.

Been hearing a lot of chatter that he's a guy who could really fall. Like maybe even to the 3rd round.

It's gonna take a 2nd round WR run like nothing we've ever seen for some of these usual 2nd rd suspects to avoid the 3rd and 4th rounds this weekend. I can't emphasize strongly enough how important I think bpa drafting is, but I'll be tipping my cap to teams doubling up on WR and OL in the 3rd. Possibly CB too.
Once the WR needy teams take their guy the music is going to stop and some of these WRs won’t have a chair.

GMs and fans talk about BPA all the time but need and the salary cap make that strategy difficult to implement 100% of the time.

The teams that kind of have a secondary or tertiary need at WR will get the steals.

he's off the board late 1st/early 2nd imo.
but in the draft, anything can happen
I think he's a late 1st round talent, I'm just passing along what I'm hearing. Sounds like the league prefers the RAC guys (Corley, Legette) and the slot guys (Wilson, Pearsall) over him, in addition to the semi-consensus top-7 (Marv, Rome, Nabers, Thomas, McConkey, Texas guys) do 12 WR's go in the 1st 2 rounds?

So many teams (like 5 or so) should take 2 WRs in the 1st 3 rounds in my opinion, but that's probably unlikely to actually happen.

I think he's a late 1st round talent, I'm just passing along what I'm hearing. Sounds like the league prefers the RAC guys (Corley, Legette) and the slot guys (Wilson, Pearsall) over him, in addition to the semi-consensus top-7 (Marv, Rome, Nabers, Thomas, McConkey, Texas guys) do 12 WR's go in the 1st 2 rounds?
I think it is possible that some teams that miss out on the elite wideouts in this draft could bypass WR for other needs, given the tremendous depth at receiver in this class, and draft a receiver a round later than they otherwise might. Obviously, if a team has a strong preference for a particular player, it stands to reason that waiting may not land them their target. (BTW: I am not predicting this will in fact happen and I have heard no such rumblings, but it seems like a valid strategy.)

I think he's the fourth best WR in this class but who knows when he gets drafted. Anywhere from 16 to 76 is a real possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread