What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Combine thread (1 Viewer)

Dion Lewis has looked very good today.

Also, whoever thinks that Ingram's stock dropped doesn't know the whole story. His burst (first 10 yards) is better than everyone elses. He also looks good catching the ball and his cuts were good, so only looking at his 40 time is foolish.

That video of the 10-yd start to the 40 with Ingram toward the leaders of RBs was very interesting (and Faulk's take on how important that was).
:) Ingram is going to be a very good NFL RB. He's catching the ball pretty well which is a bit surprising. I loved his feet going through those cones. Talk of him dropping is totally misplaced IMO.

Dion Lewis has looked very good today. Also, whoever thinks that Ingram's stock dropped doesn't know the whole story. His burst (first 10 yards) is better than everyone elses. He also looks good catching the ball and his cuts were good, so only looking at his 40 time is foolish.
Right on. Ingram's 10 yd burst along with his terrific vision are great indicators that he will be very productive/successful in the NFL. The ability to see the crease and exploit it are the most important things to a RB. Ingram won't have any problems in that department.

Last edited by a moderator:
My top 5 rb rankings

1)mikel leshoure

2)jordan todman

3)shane vereen

4)kendall hunter

5)demarco murray

I see zero 1st round talents but a nice group of 2nd/3rd round prospects.

My top 5 rb rankings1)mikel leshoure2)jordan todman3)shane vereen4)kendall hunter5)demarco murrayI see zero 1st round talents but a nice group of 2nd/3rd round prospects.
Yet there is no way you would ever take 2-5 over Ingram, I guarantee it. Hell, you probably would't take 2-5 over Williams either.

My top 5 rb rankings1)mikel leshoure2)jordan todman3)shane vereen4)kendall hunter5)demarco murrayI see zero 1st round talents but a nice group of 2nd/3rd round prospects.
Yet there is no way you would ever take 2-5 over Ingram, I guarantee it. Hell, you probably would't take 2-5 over Williams either.
I would in a no trade league, but due to the widely held misconception that ingram is a top notch talent i would take him and trade him for one of the better rb's listed + more.

Not that I agree with him not having Ingram in his top 5, but just because you rank players a certain order doesn't mean that's how you would draft them. If you rank Todman #2 but think you can get him in round 2 of your FF draft but don't think you can get Shane Vereen in the 2nd round, then it would make sense to draft Vereen ahead of Todman even though you like Todman more.

I would in a no trade league, but due to the widely held misconception that ingram is a top notch talent i would take him and trade him for one of the better rb's listed + more.
When Ingram consistantly puts up 1200 yard seasons and 2-5 guys combine for 1 1000 yard season we will look back at this.

I would in a no trade league
I don't believe that for a second. I do think it's a good idea to put question marks in the minds of your leaguemates however :)

teYet there is no way you would ever take 2-5 over Ingram, I guarantee it. Hell, you probably would't take 2-5 over Williams either.
When Ingram consistantly puts up 1200 yard seasons and 2-5 guys combine for 1 1000 yard season we will look back at this.
Ingram will get a lot of opportunity initially because some team will overdraft him and have to justify the pick.In the end once people realize he was a product of a great system for a rb and averages sub 4ypc in the pro's that opportunity will diminish.He is a decent prospect but more of a 3rd-5th round talent.31 vert shows a complete lack of explosion.

My top 5 rb rankings

1)mikel leshoure

2)jordan todman

3)shane vereen

4)kendall hunter

5)demarco murray

teYet there is no way you would ever take 2-5 over Ingram, I guarantee it. Hell, you probably would't take 2-5 over Williams either.
Ingram will get a lot of opportunity initially because some team will overdraft him and have to justify the pick.In the end once people realize he was a product of a great system for a rb and averages sub 4ypc in the pro's that opportunity will diminish.

He is a decent prospect but more of a 3rd-5th round talent.

31 vert shows a complete lack of explosion.
What did his 1.53 10 yd split show?

My top 5 rb rankings

1)mikel leshoure

2)jordan todman

3)shane vereen

4)kendall hunter

5)demarco murray

Ingram will get a lot of opportunity initially because some team will overdraft him and have to justify the pick.In the end once people realize he was a product of a great system for a rb and averages sub 4ypc in the pro's that opportunity will diminish.

Showed that after 10 yards there are a lot of d-lineman who can catch up to him.

Mario Fannin...231 LBS and a 4.37! What's this guys outlook in the NFL?
That is a ridiculous time for a guy that size - good enough to give him the highest speed score on record (going back to 1999). Speed score is Football Outsiders' stat to measure a RB's size-speed combo, based on their weight and 40 time at the combine. Average is about 100, and each tenth of a second or 20 pounds is worth about 10 speed score points. The previous record holder was Brandon Jacobs, who scored 123.5 thanks to his 4.56 at 267 lbs.Based on this table, the top RB speed scores this year are:

126.7 Mario Fannin

117.9 Da'Rel Scott

115.7 DeMarco Murray

114.8 Roy Helu

113.2 Brandon Saine

111.9 Allen Bradford

Other notable RBs: Vereen 105.2, Leshoure 105.0, Todman 104.5, Kendall Hunter 99.7, Ryan Williams 98.9, Ingram 97.7, Dion Lewis 88.5, and Jacquizz Rodgers 84.6.

My top 5 rb rankings

1)mikel leshoure

2)jordan todman

3)shane vereen

4)kendall hunter

5)demarco murray

Showed that after 10 yards there are a lot of d-lineman who can catch up to him.
This has become just dumb...I will choose to believe you are just being silly

Ingram will get a lot of opportunity initially because some team will overdraft him and have to justify the pick.In the end once people realize he was a product of a great system for a rb and averages sub 4ypc in the pro's that opportunity will diminish.He is a decent prospect but more of a 3rd-5th round talent.31 vert shows a complete lack of explosion.
I'm convinced that you haven't seen him play..Who ranks their rookie picks based on the combine?

'Bojang0301 said:
Ryan Mallet is the most polished thrower in this class. If Jay Cutler and Eli Manning can have success in the NFL, Ryan Mallett can have success in the NFL. He certainly didn't lay down and die against Ohio State. In fact, had his receivers caught the damn ball they probably would have won all on his shoulders. It is foolish to dismiss him because you like comparing anyone with a bunk personality to Ryan Leaf and Jeff George.
At the same time he was awful with a guy in his face or near his feet and his passes were off all day long. And he showed the mobility/escapability of a statue back there. Heyward was dominating him coming through the line.And he does have those character/personality issues. Sorry that you can't handle that there is risk there with this guy.
I have stated that there is risk with him. Thanks for making an assumption.

I'm convinced that you haven't seen him play..Who ranks their rookie picks based on the combine?
I've seen a lot of ingram and had him as my #3 rb pre-combine. Due to him bombing a lot of the drills i judge a rb by he has dropped down to #6 or #7 on my board.As someone who has the #1 pick in his dyno league i was hoping for ingram to perform well so i could trade down to 2-3 and get extra value. His combine flop has made that scenario unlikely now.Name the 5 worst front offices in the nfl and you can narrow down what team he gets drafted by.

I've seen a lot of ingram and had him as my #3 rb pre-combine. Due to him bombing a lot of the drills i judge a rb by he has dropped down to #6 or #7 on my board.As someone who has the #1 pick in his dyno league i was hoping for ingram to perform well so i could trade down to 2-3 and get extra value. His combine flop has made that scenario unlikely now.Name the 5 worst front offices in the nfl and you can narrow down what team he gets drafted by.
I can't imagine why you have the #1 pick.

Traded for it last offseason. one thing we can all agree on now is that the clear top 2 picks are aj green and jj, so at least the combine cleared that up for everyone.

Traded for it last offseason. one thing we can all agree on now is that the clear top 2 picks are aj green and jj, so at least the combine cleared that up for everyone.
Maybe in a PPR league. No way in hell I'm passing up on Mark Ingram #1 even if you are right.

one thing we can all agree on now is that the clear top 2 picks are aj green and jj, so at least the combine cleared that up for everyone.
:thumbup: Non-PPR owners would disagree.
Agreed, Waiting on WRs can lock you in for the #1 pick again next year.Even if Jones and Green get 1500 yards receiving in year 3, what do you do for two years if your team is that bad already? Ingram is more of a lock to give considerable points now, same with Cam. If you want the WRs then you trade down to 4 because it prob doesn't matter which of the two

Cobb was the announcers choice for value play or "big value" that was sponsored. Like I said previously, they barely showed him at all.

few tweets mention a bad start for Locke each time struggling at the line. He trained at IMG so he should have been more than ready for that. Nerves?

Anyway, his pro day will be considerably better.

one thing we can all agree on now is that the clear top 2 picks are aj green and jj, so at least the combine cleared that up for everyone.
:thumbup: Non-PPR owners would disagree.
Agreed, Waiting on WRs can lock you in for the #1 pick again next year.Even if Jones and Green get 1500 yards receiving in year 3, what do you do for two years if your team is that bad already? Ingram is more of a lock to give considerable points now, same with Cam.

If you want the WRs then you trade down to 4 because it prob doesn't matter which of the two
Cam? Sorry, but he looked terrible and probably won't help anyone for at least 3 or 4 years and maybe never. His accuracy leaves a LOT to be desired.

Dion Lewis was the RB that jumped out at me today.
Me too. Connecticut second for me as far as caught my attention.We need a third down back, workhorse back distinction for these guys. Hunter or Murray may be two of the better all around back when you consider everything, but I don't want to. I want to know who can carry 20 times and then work from there. Hope that makes sense

Agreed, Waiting on WRs can lock you in for the #1 pick again next year.

Even if Jones and Green get 1500 yards receiving in year 3, what do you do for two years if your team is that bad already? Ingram is more of a lock to give considerable points now, same with Cam.

If you want the WRs then you trade down to 4 because it prob doesn't matter which of the two
Cam? Sorry, but he looked terrible and probably won't help anyone for at least 3 or 4 years and maybe never. His accuracy leaves a LOT to be desired.
I "beat him up" for his accuracy earlier too. I haven't liked his third person speech and how he smiles as if he didn't just make a mistake. Doesn't matter though, if we've learned anything about this weekend, it's that he is the next overpublicized guy like Peyton, Brady, Rivers whomever. The NFL is going to push this kid onto the fans like he's crack.That guy chatting with Eisen was more important than every RB but Ingram and they only flashed to Ingram. There must be a million tweets in the last 48 hours about Cam and....I want to agree with you, but I think this weekend's publicity has shown us no one cares. They've fallen in love and lost rationality.

The icon and entertainer stuff and the smile commentary junk that makes me think grrrr reminds me of Leinart really. Leinart was so "hollywood" before he even took a snap in the NFL and there's something about their arrogance that seems familiar to me

The icon and entertainer stuff and the smile commentary junk that makes me think grrrr reminds me of Leinart really. Leinart was so "hollywood" before he even took a snap in the NFL and there's something about their arrogance that seems familiar to me
If this guy is thrown to the wolves he will fail, bank on it. However, if he can play behind someone for at least 3 or 4 years and learns something about the QB position, then he has a shot.

If this guy is thrown to the wolves he will fail, bank on it. However, if he can play behind someone for at least 3 or 4 years and learns something about the QB position, then he has a shot.
Agreed, he is no where near ready for the NFL yet, doesn't mean he';s not the biggest talent, but certainly has a lot to learn.

So, I turn the combine coverage on right about the time Michael Lombardi declares Jonathan Baldwin's day to be "unimpressive", yet I see he weighed in at 6-4, 228, ran a 4.45, had a vertical of 42 and has huge paws at 10 1/8. The measurables are all quite impressive for a dude his size, what exactly happened on the field to get him Lombardi's doghouse for those of us that didn't see everything?

I'm not overly high on Cam personally. Think every QB in this class is huge downgrade from Luck (they can thank him for boosting their personal stock). However, someone's gonna grab Cam in the top 5 (even if meaning trade up) with his physically gifts,ability to extend plays with his feet and the possible lockout hindering any deals for other QB's (Orton/Tebow/Kolb).

JMO But I see Buffalo grabbing him.

So, I turn the combine coverage on right about the time Michael Lombardi declares Jonathan Baldwin's day to be "unimpressive", yet I see he weighed in at 6-4, 228, ran a 4.45, had a vertical of 42 and has huge paws at 10 1/8. The measurables are all quite impressive for a dude his size, what exactly happened on the field to get him Lombardi's doghouse for those of us that didn't see everything?
He looked slow, stiff, unathletic, poor hands...

I don't foresee him having this luxury based on were he will be drafted.

Aaron Wilson tweeted that Mallett interviews with teams going very well, apologetic for mistakes
Reading reports on his media interview yesterday it sounded bad, but then after actually seeing a replay of it, I thought the reports were a bit overblown.

'Bojang0301 said:
Ryan Mallet is the most polished thrower in this class. If Jay Cutler and Eli Manning can have success in the NFL, Ryan Mallett can have success in the NFL. He certainly didn't lay down and die against Ohio State. In fact, had his receivers caught the damn ball they probably would have won all on his shoulders. It is foolish to dismiss him because you like comparing anyone with a bunk personality to Ryan Leaf and Jeff George.
At the same time he was awful with a guy in his face or near his feet and his passes were off all day long. And he showed the mobility/escapability of a statue back there. Heyward was dominating him coming through the line.And he does have those character/personality issues. Sorry that you can't handle that there is risk there with this guy.
Your posts seem to be taking exception to people thinking there is that risk with him.

I don't foresee him having this luxury based on were he will be drafted.
Buffalo would be the perfect spot for him. He could play behind Fitzgerald for a few years to watch and learn. Fitz isn't a bad qb, so I don't see why they would rush Newton.

At one point in the telecast, ,Myock said that Balwin fell during the guantlet drill, but we never saw it on camera. In the drills I paid attention. he did not look fluid or natural.

At one point in the telecast, ,Myock said that Balwin fell during the guantlet drill, but we never saw it on camera. In the drills I paid attention. he did not look fluid or natural.
I still stand by my opinion months ago that Baldwin will NOT be a stud WR in the NFL. After watching him against Ky I said this guy looked terrible. The word "Lumbering" comes to mind.

'Bojang0301 said:
Your posts seem to be taking exception to people thinking there is that risk with him.
I take exception to people writing him off. The guy has the tools and it's hard to ignore. I'm not an NFL scout so maybe I am wrong in what I saw at the Sugar Bowl but a lot of people around here are pretty much saying he should go undrafted. It's crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread