What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Come Join the 2014 Reunion League (4 Viewers)

Teams - 13 ... need one more (or we just use total points)

Fleaflicker - admittedly new to that site but I don't see anyway to set it up for best ball scoring so I think we stick with MFL and I will publish a weekly enewsletter with H2H scores and stuff
We can do 13 with a weekly all play option.

GREAT

Glad to have you Michael

OKay we now have 14 teams and we NEED to

1) get set up at MFL

2) as soon as that is done start drafting there on a slow clock

GET READY

Can someone hook me up with the rules/scoring so I can work on an mfl site.

I'll let Hook confirm, but I think we are doing "all play" for the regular season, no divisions.

Captain Hook said:
BnB I will send you final owner list (but might be a delay as I have surgery this morning)

Rules listed in post above
np - busy here too. May be a day or so to get this up.

Captain Hook said:
BnB I will send you final owner list (but might be a delay as I have surgery this morning)

Rules listed in post above
np - busy here too. May be a day or so to get this up.
Actually just finished - have all email addys which is what you need some may want to change team names - will do blast email later

Guys we hope we are full at 14 - (checking my mail for two checks)

BnB will set up the league on MFL.com where we will DRAFT ..... probably mid-week so look for an email in your box with more information

And just so you know, MFL will just track total points (as a free mock draft league) BUT we will use All-Play for H2H and post the results each week. So top three teams in total points for first 13 weeks will go into the playoffs along with the top H2H team not already qualified. So four teams in Weeks 14/15/16 for the Championship (my thoughts anyway will have to discuss with Bass)

Okay we are FULL and PAID

Look for email early in the week

Also let BnB know if you want to change your Team Name

Last edited by a moderator:
We lost MOP so if any of you have been reading and thought Damn I missed my chance you might have a day or two to commit and get in this league. PM me if ready to pay and play.

PVH

Are we going to be able to finish this by start of season? Seems like we will have to reduce clock early to get there...

The rules and scoring:

20 rounds of drafting

No trading of picks

No trading of players

No free agent pick ups

Serpentine drafting.

No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts

1 pt per 20 yards passing

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 pt per reception (QB/RB/WR)

2 pt per reception (TE)

2 pt conversion pass/rush/rec = 2 pts

Kicker Scoring:

3 pts per FG

1 pt per EP

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

0 = 5 points

1-6 = 3 points

7-13 = 1 point

14+ = 0 points

Total Yards Allowed

0-199 = 5 points

200-249 = 3 points

250-299 = 1 point

300+ = 0 points

Sack = 1 point

INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points

Safety = 2 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

• Play begins in NFL Week 1.
  • Regular season lasts through NFL Week 13.
  • Post season begins in NFL Week 14.
  • Post season lasts through NFL Week 16.
  • League Standings: Head-to-Head Record
Loaded in scoring this morning. Added pts for 2 pt conversions. to the list above.

Changed this from 18 to 20 rounds to reflect the 2013 rule change that didn't get captured here.

Last edited by a moderator:
League is setup. Draft begins Monday at 8am although you can draft now.

I set up a league poll so be sure to vote. Number of teams in the playoffs. Choices are 2, 4, 6, 8. From there we'll work on how they are selected.

THANKS to Bass for the work getting set up on MFL

THIS draft should be done on MFL - if you can't make a pick/pre-pick there send it to BnB or to me

We can post them here BUT the draft will be much faster if MFL is primary draft spot

I'll take Calvin at the 1.5, but I cannot log in.

Please change my email to: dterrill@wctny.com and resend the invite.

Thanks

I'll take Calvin at the 1.5, but I cannot log in.

Please change my email to: dterrill@wctny.com and resend the invite.

Thanks
In the emai, there is a link to the site. Under that link there is a link to change your password. Click that and you can change it and login. Not very intuitive.

who is the revolution.....here at FBG....sent him an email on MFL but not sure who he is here, so no pm sent....

Based on league poll, we will have 6 teams making the playoffs. Please vote in the next two polls regarding payouts and who makes the playoffs.

Hello fellow Reunion Leaguers,

I've had a helluva last few weeks. When it comes to things involving large amounts of money and attention to detail, I'm neurotic to the point of it being ridiculous. I've been researching a new vehicle purchase for the better part of the last 6 weeks, this last several days being the negotiating phase, which involved all 12 of the GMC dealerships in Maryland. Friday, I whittled it down to 4, and decided between the final 2 this afternoon. Pretty much everything has taken a backseat to this endeavor in the meantime. It's quite likely that the ones that didn't make the cut were actually relieved to be rid of me...

...but I did negotiate a helluva deal, if I do say so myself, so there is that.

As a result, today was the first time I've looked at the Votes posted at the mfl site. I voted in the two that were still open, but apparently the one involving the size of the Playoff field had closed before I ever saw it.

Even though that's apparently been resolved, I'd like to offer a suggestion I'd have made, had I been paying more attention to such things. I made this suggestion years ago in a large-format League (12+ Teams), and it worked out so well, it's been accepted on my suggestion in every large-format League with a Playoffs that I've been involved in since.

Basically, it started with my feeling that a Playoff Bye is a coveted privilege, and while there seems to always be a definitive way to identify the 'true one best overall Team' in a given League, usually it seems that no matter how you define it, the Team awarded that second Bye winds up being one of at least a few worthy contenders. So I proposed a 7-Team Playoff Field, where only the 'one true best overall Team' received the coveted Bye, and all other Teams had to play a full slate of games to win the Championship.

Round 1: 2 v 7 / 3 v 6 / 4 v 5, Round 2: 1 v lowest remaining Seed / other 2 remaining Teams v each other, Championship Round: final 2 Teams...

In all the Leagues I've ever been in, Leagues of 12 Teams or less have had 4 or 6 Playoff Teams, and everyone seems pretty happy with that, but when a League swells to 14 or 16 or more, I seem to always hear folks debating whether 6 Teams is not enough, or 8 Teams is too many. Seven is a convenient compromise, and best of all, IMHO, awards the privilege of the bye to the one Team that unquestionably deserves it.

Sorry I wasn't able to bring this up for discussion earlier. Don't know if it makes any difference, but figured maybe it's something some of you could use elsewhere, at least, if not here.

Hello fellow Reunion Leaguers,

I've had a helluva last few weeks. When it comes to things involving large amounts of money and attention to detail, I'm neurotic to the point of it being ridiculous. I've been researching a new vehicle purchase for the better part of the last 6 weeks, this last several days being the negotiating phase, which involved all 12 of the GMC dealerships in Maryland. Friday, I whittled it down to 4, and decided between the final 2 this afternoon. Pretty much everything has taken a backseat to this endeavor in the meantime. It's quite likely that the ones that didn't make the cut were actually relieved to be rid of me...

...but I did negotiate a helluva deal, if I do say so myself, so there is that.

As a result, today was the first time I've looked at the Votes posted at the mfl site. I voted in the two that were still open, but apparently the one involving the size of the Playoff field had closed before I ever saw it.

Even though that's apparently been resolved, I'd like to offer a suggestion I'd have made, had I been paying more attention to such things. I made this suggestion years ago in a large-format League (12+ Teams), and it worked out so well, it's been accepted on my suggestion in every large-format League with a Playoffs that I've been involved in since.

Basically, it started with my feeling that a Playoff Bye is a coveted privilege, and while there seems to always be a definitive way to identify the 'true one best overall Team' in a given League, usually it seems that no matter how you define it, the Team awarded that second Bye winds up being one of at least a few worthy contenders. So I proposed a 7-Team Playoff Field, where only the 'one true best overall Team' received the coveted Bye, and all other Teams had to play a full slate of games to win the Championship.

Round 1: 2 v 7 / 3 v 6 / 4 v 5, Round 2: 1 v lowest remaining Seed / other 2 remaining Teams v each other, Championship Round: final 2 Teams...

In all the Leagues I've ever been in, Leagues of 12 Teams or less have had 4 or 6 Playoff Teams, and everyone seems pretty happy with that, but when a League swells to 14 or 16 or more, I seem to always hear folks debating whether 6 Teams is not enough, or 8 Teams is too many. Seven is a convenient compromise, and best of all, IMHO, awards the privilege of the bye to the one Team that unquestionably deserves it.

Sorry I wasn't able to bring this up for discussion earlier. Don't know if it makes any difference, but figured maybe it's something some of you could use elsewhere, at least, if not here.
Vote was

2: 0 4: 2 6: 5 8: 1 A clear majority of the votes with the next favorite option being two less playoff teams.

I'm not a voter, but think the option where byes are awarded to top all play team and top total points team should be pretty fair. Actually all six via all play will likely result in the top 4-5 highest total points teams being included in the playoffs.

I suspect votes will be more split this time so if there's not a clear consensus, I'll set up another round of polls with just two options representing the prevailing attitudes of the league owners.

Congrats on your car.

Like MOP says, everyone loves their team after three rounds...

Manning

Stacy

Gronk

We feel like we got the top QB and top TE. Stacy was a welcome surprise at 3.12 and the last back in that tier for us. Last year Manning/Graham, a late hit on Allen, and a bunch of garbage carried us to the playoffs.

Big oppsie on my part. I set this draft up for 18 rounds and noticed that we had twenty rounds last year. I'm adding the two add'l rounds now.

The rules and scoring:

20 rounds of drafting

No trading of picks

No trading of players

No free agent pick ups

Serpentine drafting.

No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts

1 pt per 20 yards passing

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 pt per reception (QB/RB/WR)

2 pt per reception (TE)

2 pt conversion pass/rush/rec = 2 pts

Kicker Scoring:

3 pts per FG

1 pt per EP

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

0 = 5 points

1-6 = 3 points

7-13 = 1 point

14+ = 0 points

Total Yards Allowed

0-199 = 5 points

200-249 = 3 points

250-299 = 1 point

300+ = 0 points

Sack = 1 point

INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points

Safety = 2 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

• Play begins in NFL Week 1.
  • Regular season lasts through NFL Week 13.
  • Post season begins in NFL Week 14.
  • Post season lasts through NFL Week 16.
  • League Standings: Head-to-Head Record
Loaded in scoring this morning. Added pts for 2 pt conversions. to the list above.

Changed this from 18 to 20 rounds to reflect the 2013 rule change that didn't get captured here.
bump and fixed

Like MOP says, everyone loves their team after three rounds...
After 4 even.

Rodgers

Lacy

Fitzgerald

VJax

While I don't like the shared bye, I think both packers should have good years. Went for older but safe plays at receiver.

13 week regular season, all play each week.

Seed 1 - best all play record

Seed 2 - 2nd best all play record

Seed 3 - 3rd best all play record

Seed 4 - 4th best all play record

Seed 5 - Highest total pts not already in playoffs

Seed 6 - 2nd highest total pts not already in playoffs

1st tiebreaker for seeds 1-4 is total points, 2nd tiebreaker is head to head record, 3rd tiebreaker is winner of head to head in week 13 (descending down in weeks if 4th tiebreak needed).

1st tiebreaker for seeds 5-6 is all play record, 2nd tiebreaker is winner of head to head in week 13 (descending down in weeks if 4th tiebreak needed).

Playoff Format

Week 14 - Seed 3 v. Seed 6, Seed 4 v. Seed 5, Seed 1 and 2 have a bye

Week 15 - Seed 1 v. lowest remaining seed, Seed 2 v. remaining team

Week 16 - Winners from week 15

During the playoffs, the tiebreak will be the highest scoring bench player/defense. Keep repeating if needed until tie is broken.

Let me know if I missed anything.

New League Poll

LEAGUE PAYOUT AMOUNTS Pay 1 $350 Pay 2 $250 / $100 Pay 4 $200 / $75 / $50 / $25: Narrowing in on this. May re-poll with just two options depending on the results here.

Personally I like at least getting my money back if I finish in the top 2 during the regular season and I like a 3rd/4th consolation game that means something. I kind of figure the money earmarked for 3rd/4th is usually the fee to the scoring host anyway so it's really not coming out of the top teams pocket so to speak.

Great job on league setup

As far as payouts I would like all the money to go to the teams in the Championship Game
Very evenly divided right now. Probably going to depend on where the two "pay 3" votes move to and if Hell Toupee shows up to vote this time.

I wouldn't mind paying the top two regular season teams some small coin and then the rest being earmarked for the championship game. Obviously the two championship game teams could also win the regular season money.

Great job on league setup

As far as payouts I would like all the money to go to the teams in the Championship Game
Very evenly divided right now. Probably going to depend on where the two "pay 3" votes move to and if Hell Toupee shows up to vote this time.

I wouldn't mind paying the top two regular season teams some small coin and then the rest being earmarked for the championship game. Obviously the two championship game teams could also win the regular season money.
The regular season should mean something.

55 to the top point scorer

55 to the best record

Rest to the super bowl teams, 2:1 (something like 160 / 80)

Users who are viewing this thread