What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Come Join the 2014 Reunion League (1 Viewer)

Great job on league setup

As far as payouts I would like all the money to go to the teams in the Championship Game
Very evenly divided right now. Probably going to depend on where the two "pay 3" votes move to and if Hell Toupee shows up to vote this time.

I wouldn't mind paying the top two regular season teams some small coin and then the rest being earmarked for the championship game. Obviously the two championship game teams could also win the regular season money.
The regular season should mean something.

55 to the top point scorer

55 to the best record

Rest to the super bowl teams, 2:1 (something like 160 / 80)
IF everyone votes for multiple payouts I would amend that slightly

50 to top points

50 to best record

75 to 2nd place

175 to League Champion

To really make it even, bottom six pay top six 5 bucks per spot away from median regular season finish. (8 pays 7 $5, 9 pays 6 $10...) In addition, everyone pays a buck a loss to create the payout pool. Someone cam do the math on 14 all play losses per week times 13. Entry fee is maximum possible loss. Vote on payout structure and and ice bucket last place. Free entry for last place in the form of their dancing for it to a bachelorette party (any piano bar) while owners throw hands full of pennies.

We are a little more than 1/3 done with the draft (20 rounds)

So we NEED to pick up the pace so we will finish next week (preferably before Friday)

At this point in the draft even a small predraft list will often get you one of the players - TRY it, you might like it

Brady

McCoy / R. Mathews

K. Allen / T.Y. Hilton / Bowe

Witten

If I had to do it all over again, I would have passed on Witten at the 2/3 turn and waited another round on TE. I sat there salivating over the prospect of Julius Thomas dropping to 2.14, and he came oh, so close (2.13). Being on an end, you sometimes have to reach, and sometimes try to start runs. With Thomas going at 2.13, I gambled that picking my favorite tier 2 TE (Witten) at 3.01, I might start a run that would bounce some stuff my way, and when valence took Cameron at 3.03, I thought it was taking off...but then only Olsen at 4.4 went before I was OTC again. I think I got off that hook easy, though, landing Mathews/Hilton at 4/5. Really breathed a sigh of relief there. Felt the QB run coming, and got in at the front end with Brady, and despite a tremendous # of WR going in Rounds 5/6, I like Bowe as WR3, missing Week 1 and all. This current swing 7/8 looks brutal. Lots of nice players getting scooped up...

We really should have a gentleman's agreement that josh Gordon is off the board if he's not rostered when news about the suspension length comes out. Seems like someone grabbing him in the 20th based on the dumb luck of an announcement corresponding to the time someone is on the clock. Giving someone a free first rounder based on luck kind doesn't seem to favor a fair competition. Can I get 7 other people who agree with this?

We really should have a gentleman's agreement that josh Gordon is off the board if he's not rostered when news about the suspension length comes out. Seems like someone grabbing him in the 20th based on the dumb luck of an announcement corresponding to the time someone is on the clock. Giving someone a free first rounder based on luck kind doesn't seem to favor a fair competition. Can I get 7 other people who agree with this?
agreed

Sure...........but he'll be rostered!

I am taking him in the 12th!

Sure...........but he'll be rostered!

I am taking him in the 12th!
Agreed

Agreed. Have to preserve the integrity of the Draft.

That's the evil downside of these slow drafts and that's part of the problem is when news breaks while games are played over week 2, 3, and 4 of the preseason.

I agree to nothing, have never been part of a league that does this. If you don't like it then find a 3 hour window and we can draft at once instead of checking the site half a dozen times on a Sunday and the same person is sitting on the clock all day :)

He will be rostered sooner or later.

It's no different than when L. Bell gets puled over for a DUI/Drugs the day after Pimpin takes him in the 2nd...why don't we back the draft up to his spot in the 2nd round and start over again? We can protect the integrity of the league :)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need help. I'm at an auction draft and can't log in from my phone. Can someone post the commish password so I can pick. I'm so sorry.

Is my last pick going to be changed?
Which team are you. Commish password is at the top but I'll do it if you post the details here. I got an e-mail from fun-in-sun. Lots of leagues going on right now so if you team name and fbg e-mail don't align it becomes some work to figure things out.

Nope. Please change my pick. I was looking at players and must have brushed the draft button. I immediately emailed commish. MFL picked, not sure why that player. I would like Rod Streator, Wr, Oak.

Trying to draft from my phone to move things along, but of course nothing can go smoothly, it seems. System gave me Tim Wright instead of Marcedes Lewis

Texted Capt. Hook to let him know/see if he can fix. If anyone else can, great.

12.14 nittanylion - Marcedes Lewis, TE Jaguars

13.01 nittanylion - D/ST Broncos

Trying to draft from my phone to move things along, but of course nothing can go smoothly, it seems. System gave me Tim Wright instead of Marcedes Lewis

Texted Capt. Hook to let him know/see if he can fix. If anyone else can, great.

12.14 nittanylion - Marcedes Lewis, TE Jaguars

13.01 nittanylion - D/ST Broncos
Picks taken care of

Can we get me Streator? Someone has now selected him despite my posts here, mfl message and chat.

If not, a double pick at my next pick I can post here.

Can we get me Streator? Someone has now selected him despite my posts here, mfl message and chat.

Is this resolved?
I just messaged and PMed Pictus to get his pick for 12.07 - we can't give him Streater at this point but I can and will switch out Michael for whomever he wants . Sorry I didn't know anything about this earlier
Problem is that others may have want Michael. I can revert the draft back to his 12.7 and we can roll again. Everyone would have to take Michael or their originally pick until Michael is gone.

Is this resolved?
I just messaged and PMed Pictus to get his pick for 12.07 - we can't give him Streater at this point but I can and will switch out Michael for whomever he wants . Sorry I didn't know anything about this earlier
Problem is that others may have want Michael. I can revert the draft back to his 12.7 and we can roll again. Everyone would have to take Michael or their originally pick until Michael is gone.
That would take another day

Easiest, fairest way is to replace the pick and let Michael goes where he goes

Is this resolved?

I'm ok with it taking another day. Kinda of unfair of us to take care of Nittany and not Pictus.

I'll take the blame as I didn't catch this until it was to late. I my head I thought it was Nittany. Didn't see Pictus draft note and the mfl e-mail looked like span with his fun-in-sun e-mail addy.

Is this resolved?

I'm ok with it taking another day. Kinda of unfair of us to take care of Nittany and not Pictus.

I'll take the blame as I didn't catch this until it was to late. I my head I thought it was Nittany. Didn't see Pictus draft note and the mfl e-mail looked like span with his fun-in-sun e-mail addy.
Okay you can handle it - EMAIL the league and let them know what is happening

I'm going to try one last thing first if you're OK with. E-mail Pictus to see if he's good with Michael if he gets Streater. If he is then I can just revert the draft back to Madmax.

I just sent this out in league email but thought I should post it here in case you are checking in here.....

Important Reunion Draft Notice

There was a problem with one of the picks in our rollback as Mad Max selected a previously drafted player.

I have emailed Michael about this and can fix his pick at 13.02 when I get his player. Then I can put Andrew Hawkins back on DW's D-bags and that will release James Jones, OAK (unless Max wants him).

I am not stopping the draft again but wanted everyone to know this Especially if you want to draft Jones on your upcoming pick.

Perry

Where did we end up on the payouts?
(on the site in polls if you want to check )

SIX team make playoffs - top 4 via All Play record with top two getting bye weeks and top two in total points not already qualified by record

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread