What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Comfortably Numb's Top 50 Tool songs #2 Jambi...and #1 H (1 Viewer)

Felt like throwing an album ranking up for chits and giggles

Opiate - some greatness here, but just not the depth of the others

Undertow - I feel like this could be ranked higher by most, but like Opiate it doesn't posses a Gabriel Jesus to come off the bench for added depth. 

Fear Inoculum - Now it gets tricky for me, two top five songs and I loved 7empest and enjoyed FI. If Descending or Culling Voices grow on me I could bump this, maybe, but it's pretty top heavy imo.

Lateralus - On certain days, i can loop this one over and over. Three top ten songs here and I can really get into Disposition and Triad. 

10,000 Days - I feel like I have this higher than most, but man there is almost ZERO filler here. Wings1&2( they set us up for the long epics in FI with this) are magical. Lipan Conjuring leads into Rosetta perfectly as a fun build up to a whacky song  imo (BTW, in Lost Keys  i picture the doctor/nurse combo are Chase and Cameron from House ....the accent gets me :lol:  ) Even Intension has some cool effects to it. I hit play and not skip a single song.

Aenima - Take what I said about 10k and just add some anger to it. Brilliant album.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it impossible to rank songs myself. I have always been more of an "album person" so I could probably rank albums.

But, I wanted to comment on one song in particular.

I've been on hold with our Cable company for over an hour, after the initial message said a 12 minute wait.

In situations like these, I'm immediately reminded of the lyrics to The Patient. So perfectly fitting for so many situations.

I did "wait it out" and finally got a tech on the phone. 

22 - Right In Two. Musically and lyrically a beautiful, thought provoking epic. If I'm being objective this is a top 5 Tool track. But this list isn't about objectivity. And the problem with this song is that while I never turn it off when it comes on...I recall times giving others the Seinfeld/Desperado treatment when I'm lost in it (especially the instrumental)...I just never seek it out on my own. And this catalog is so strong that allure is the difference between top 5 and outside the top 20
Have probably listened to this song 100 times in the past 2 weeks.  What a masterpiece.

Have probably listened to this song 100 times in the past 2 weeks.  What a masterpiece.
Yep, before this exercise it was in throwaway land. Here we are 8 days since I finally 'settled' on my top 40. And I think it belongs ranked with the Patient. And now I'm thinking both need to be top 10. They are. They just weren't in my mind until I gave the whole catalog repeat listens many years later.

I guess older MAC connects more with different Tool than the teenage/20something version of me did.

Yep, before this exercise it was in throwaway land. Here we are 8 days since I finally 'settled' on my top 40. And I think it belongs ranked with the Patient. And now I'm thinking both need to be top 10. They are. They just weren't in my mind until I gave the whole catalog repeat listens many years later.

I guess older MAC connects more with different Tool than the teenage/20something version of me did.
100%. I don’t remember this being one of my favorite songs before when I was Tool heavy in my 20s. But in my 40s and reconnecting this is absolutely in my top 5/10

Thanks again @comfortably numb for doing this thread.  I really enjoyed it.  When you were halfway through your list I did my own top 10, but I didn't want to post it until people had digested your rankings, and I also wanted to give @MAC_32  space to finish his own excellent effort.  I was supposed to be at a Tool show this weekend, so what better time to bump the thread and post mine?  

This was way tougher than I thought - I especially struggled with some of the oldest stuff.  How much is a favorable opinion nostalgia-based?  I ended up picking a few favorites off of each album, then slowly, reluctantly eliminating songs until I got to my top 10.  After reading everyone else's lists, I think I definitely need to give the Lateralus material more of a listen.  That album was released when I was probably at my nadir of music listening time, and I think I haven't been exposed to it as much as the other Tool material.  At any rate, here is my effort with a brief blurb about each song:

1. Aenima - I've gone through many "favorite" tool songs over the years, but I feel like this one has had the most staying power with me.  There's just something cathartic about listening to this song when you're stressed out.
  2. Invincible - Great song musically, such a relatable message about battling time
  3. Flood - What is the saying? Disasters happen slowly, then suddenly - just like this song
  4. Bottom - Probably an unpopular pick, but the section from the end of the spoken word to the end of the song is probably my favorite section of a Tool song - the slow build to the big, angry climax
  5. Right in Two - I don't necessarily need songs to have an obvious meaning, but when the song has a relatable message that matches the music it definitely goes up in my eyes.  Love the tune, and the buildup of complexity and belligerence matching man's build up of weaponry is just brilliant.
  6. The Pot - The vocals grab you right at the start, just a great song start to finish
  7. Pneuma - Like Flood, took a while to grow on me, but once it does it just pulls you in
  8. Sober - The OG tool song for me from 120 minutes.  Maybe their later stuff is "better", but in the end it's all subjective and I like what I like
  9. 10,000 Days - Another obvious "message" song.  While only Maynard knows what his true feelings are about his mother's faith, it's a beautiful tribute to evaluate her life based on her own terms
  10. Jerkoff - Throw that Bob Marley wannabee [redacted] out of here!
Honorable mentions: Jambi, Lateralus, Prison Sex, Opiate

I'm the yard with a fire a cigar a drink and some tool under the stars.

Looking back....am I the only one who likes disposition that much or you guys just all lump it in as part of a trilogy?

When last fall came around I was lucky enough with ticketsmaster to get tix for 3 shows. Newark, Philly and AC 

I bought a solo for Philly figuring right after work I could ride over. Then I felt...at 41...i should probably be responsible and 2 shows was enough especially considering that their set lists were very similar. 

I sold philly and said maybe there will be a 2nd leg that I could enjoy.

2nd leg came and closest to me was Long Island. Got tix for it and figured I would go with my son again. Looked and...Baltimore and whiles barre, PA were the next closest. 

Was very close to getting tix for Wilkes barre but.....41yo me said...am I really gonna go alone and get a room on my own again and turn this into a $700+ getaway for me....1 show is enough.

Yea.....if Corona don't kill me and Tool is back as scheduled Long Island with my son and I'm road tripping that mutha####a for at least another show!

So in other tool related info in my family. 

For obvious reasons Tool was in heavy rotation in my household last summer.

"Alexa, play Tool"

Come on...i can't be the only one who loves doing that!!

Anyway,  school starts and my daughter comes home from her 1st day as an 8th grader.

I come home from work my wife says Ava has something to tell you.

Oh god.....What's up.

My math teacher played music for us on our 1st day. 

Ok....

Guess what music it was....

Uhmmm....where is thumbkin?  Taylor Swift? IDK??

She played Tool. She said it's her favorite band and they made new music for the 1st time in 40 years (I think my daughter exaggerated that)

I was like....whoa.....are you serious??? What song??

IDK...it was noise and terrible...

😠

Did you tell her your dad is a fan and going to a few concerts?? 

No way!

So...the running joke in my house is my daughter's math teacher is the greatest teacher in the whole world. 

My daughter is too embarrassed to say anything. I even tried telling her that letting her teacher know about this might be the difference from B- to A

Still nothing 

I was planning on showing up to a couple of events this spring and graduation in some major tool gear to embarrass my daughter. 

Looks like she may survive that emotional scaring. 

So was in the garage working today listening to Spotify and my Tool heavy station. A Puscifer song came on, I haven’t really gotten into them before, but I really like this song. Potion-“Deliverance mix“.  Might have to reinvestigate some Puscifer.  

When last fall came around I was lucky enough with ticketsmaster to get tix for 3 shows. Newark, Philly and AC 

I bought a solo for Philly figuring right after work I could ride over. Then I felt...at 41...i should probably be responsible and 2 shows was enough especially considering that their set lists were very similar. 

2nd leg came and closest to me was Long Island. Got tix for it and figured I would go with my son again. Looked and...Baltimore and whiles barre, PA were the next closest. 

Was very close to getting tix for Wilkes barre but.....41yo me said...am I really gonna go alone and get a room on my own again and turn this into a $700+ getaway for me....1 show is enough.

Yea.....if Corona don't kill me and Tool is back as scheduled Long Island with my son and I'm road tripping that mutha####a for at least another show!
I was at the Pittsburgh show with my sister, then the day of the Philly show I was at work looking at Stubhub thinking "man there are some pretty reasonable prices, less than 90 minutes away...", but in the end it seemed a little indulgent.  But then when the Wilkes-Barre show was announced, I was at work again desperately waiting for a meeting to end so I could buy 2 tickets right as they went on sale, figuring either my sister would go with again or I'd take the son or the wife.  Bummed it got postponed, also annoyed that since it's postponed and not canceled Ticketmaster is keeping the money for now.

So was in the garage working today listening to Spotify and my Tool heavy station. A Puscifer song came on, I haven’t really gotten into them before, but I really like this song. Potion-“Deliverance mix“.  Might have to reinvestigate some Puscifer.  
Yeah I never really gave Puscifer much of a listen.  Then recently, we started on family game night everyone putting one "seed" song into Pandora.  Since apparently Pandora doesn't find many artists similar to Tool, if I put in a Tool song (with groans from my daughters - "all of their songs are like 20 minutes long") it plays a lot of Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer.  I've definitely been enjoying some of the Puscifer songs.

I was at the Pittsburgh show with my sister, then the day of the Philly show I was at work looking at Stubhub thinking "man there are some pretty reasonable prices, less than 90 minutes away...", but in the end it seemed a little indulgent.  But then when the Wilkes-Barre show was announced, I was at work again desperately waiting for a meeting to end so I could buy 2 tickets right as they went on sale, figuring either my sister would go with again or I'd take the son or the wife.  Bummed it got postponed, also annoyed that since it's postponed and not canceled Ticketmaster is keeping the money for now.
Ticketsmaster is holding more money than my checking account with all the shows I bought tickets for :oldunsure:

Yeah I added Puscifer  to my amazon music, Country Boner came on (I had never heard it before either) and my wife was like WTF is this :lmao:

Will never pass up a chance to see them, especially if within a reasonable drive (>3 hours). Here's just a few reason why:

1. August 2002 - Me and my roommate already have tickets to a Friday night show in Boston and Sunday night in Manchester. Tool decides to add another show on Saturday night in Providence. Roommate decides to pass. I get tickets on the side of the stage (Maynard's side) about 10 rows up. Perfect side view of Danny... when Maynard's not in my view. Anyways, during Parabola I get my wish as Maynard throws his mic down and storms off stage and heads down the tunnel under the bowl. Turned back to the stage and I think Danny was the only one that knew he had left. Maynard came back on stage a couple of minutes later and just crouched down and let the band finish the song with no vocals. The crowd did a ####ty job of making up for him and was also only about 65-70% filled. 

2. October 2002 -  Lowell MA. Had just seen them in Augusta ME and Amherst MA over the weekend and decided to go one more time (#18 on the Lateralus tour). Previous 7 shows had basically the same set list... seriously getting burned out. But it's only a 20 minute drive why not. So lights go down and waiting for Sober to start and all the frat boys to start throwing haymakers on the floor. Wait a second... that's not Sober, OMG, Cold & Ugly finally!!! So glad I didn't pass on this show. Anyways, next 5 songs are the usual and anticipating the Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey of Ænema before the break. But instead, we get this voice over the PA about questioning authority and some other crap until I hear Bill Hicks "Today, a young man on Acid..." Unreal, 2 of the 7 songs I hadn't heard live in the same night. 

3. July 2007 - Had been on a job for about 6 months and had become friends with a couple at work. They were huge Tool fans but never had an opportunity to see them live. His favorite song by them was Push It and they had been rotating Flood/Right in Two in the middle of the set before Wings/10k Days. So when they were coming back around in 2007 we got tickets to Portland ME & Albany NY shows in May, which get postponed till July. When they rescheduled, they added a date in Mansfield MA. My buddy decided to pass on this show. Was kicking himself in the ### the next day as we were driving to Portland and I told him they played both Push It and Flood. Needless to say, both Portland and Albany had the same set... with no Push It.

4. July 1998 - Mansfield MA - Ozzfest - Whenever Ozzfest came around, normally they would do Tue and Thur dates at Great Woods. Would normally go to 1 of them and maybe look for a 1 off show from bands on Wed. night (Seen Disturbed, Mudvayne, Linkin Park and Slipknot in Manchester in 01). So had tickets to the Tue show and was only the 2nd time seeing Tool, the first being the previous year on lollapalooza. Didn't have a license at the time so had to rely on others for rides to shows and normally would included me buying the extra ticket. in 98, Tool was playing a 1off show in Lewiston ME that I couldn't find anyone that wanted to go. Still pisses me of since I would be able to cross Hush and Swamp Song off the list of songs I haven't heard live. Also, the last show they played in New England that I didn't attend, until I moved to FL in '08. Anyways, I did however find a coworker that called in sick on Thursday and we went to day 2 of Ozzfest. That night Sober and Eulogy were the only songs from Tuesday's set that were played. So combined between the 2 Ozzfest shows, 14 different songs. 

comfortably numb said:
Ticketsmaster is holding more money than my checking account with all the shows I bought tickets for :oldunsure:
They've got about $1800 of my money at the moment. Just glad we were able to get to Houston in March for the Eagles show or you could add another 600 to that total.

Dan Lambskin said:
Yeah I added Puscifer  to my amazon music, Country Boner came on (I had never heard it before either) and my wife was like WTF is this :lmao:
Yep, pretty much the same here first time. :lmao:

Since this has turned into the official Puscifer thread, I'll place this new Puscifer track that dropped today here.

Puscifer - Apocalyptical

:lmao:
I like it. It sounds almost like some sort of electronic funk/house/disco music. It sounds very similar to some other stuff I have in my playlist, but I cannot recall what from memory.

Had some time on my hands recently so decided to do a FFA top 20 from those that submitted lists.  5 submitted at least a top 20 lists while 2 only listed a top 10. 1 person just listed their top 10 songs in no specific order. I assigned a point value to each rank (20pts for #1, 19pts for #2, 18pts for #3.... 1pt for #20. For the one who didn't rank his top 10, I gave each 10pts). Here are the results:

Rank...Song...Points...Top20 lists...Top10 list... Highest Rank

20. Stinkfist ................... 31 - 3 - 2 - 6

19. Ticks & Leeches ..... 34 - 3 - 2 - 1

18. The Grudge ............. 39 - 3 - 3 - 6

17. Jambi ...................... 40 - 4 - 2 - 2

16. Vicarious ................. 41 - 4 - 2 - 4

15. 10,000 Days ............ 42 - 4 - 2 - 1

14. Parabol/a ................ 46 - 4 - 2 - 6

13. Bottom .................... 48 - 4 - 2 - 3

12. Prison Sex ............... 49 - 4 - 4 - 7

11. Opiate ...................... 51 - 5 - 2 - 5

10. H. ............................. 58 - 5 - 3 - 1

9. Schism ...................... 63 - 4 - 4 - 3

8. Lateralus ................... 66 - 6 - 4 - 2

7. Invincible ................... 68 - 5 - 3 - 2

T5. Forty-Six & 2 ............ 73 - 5 - 5 - 4

T5. Push It ...................... 73 - 5 - 4 - 1

4. Right in Two ............... 75 - 5 - 5 - 2

3. Pneuma ...................... 82 - 7 - 5 - 4

2. Ænema ..................... 102 - 8 - 5 - 1

1. Eulogy ....................... 107 - 7 - 7 - 1

Had some time on my hands recently so decided to do a FFA top 20 from those that submitted lists.  5 submitted at least a top 20 lists while 2 only listed a top 10. 1 person just listed their top 10 songs in no specific order. I assigned a point value to each rank (20pts for #1, 19pts for #2, 18pts for #3.... 1pt for #20. For the one who didn't rank his top 10, I gave each 10pts). Here are the results:

Rank...Song...Points...Top20 lists...Top10 list... Highest Rank

20. Stinkfist ................... 31 - 3 - 2 - 6

19. Ticks & Leeches ..... 34 - 3 - 2 - 1

18. The Grudge ............. 39 - 3 - 3 - 6

17. Jambi ...................... 40 - 4 - 2 - 2

16. Vicarious ................. 41 - 4 - 2 - 4

15. 10,000 Days ............ 42 - 4 - 2 - 1

14. Parabol/a ................ 46 - 4 - 2 - 6

13. Bottom .................... 48 - 4 - 2 - 3

12. Prison Sex ............... 49 - 4 - 4 - 7

11. Opiate ...................... 51 - 5 - 2 - 5

10. H. ............................. 58 - 5 - 3 - 1

9. Schism ...................... 63 - 4 - 4 - 3

8. Lateralus ................... 66 - 6 - 4 - 2

7. Invincible ................... 68 - 5 - 3 - 2

T5. Forty-Six & 2 ............ 73 - 5 - 5 - 4

T5. Push It ...................... 73 - 5 - 4 - 1

4. Right in Two ............... 75 - 5 - 5 - 2

3. Pneuma ...................... 82 - 7 - 5 - 4

2. Ænema ..................... 102 - 8 - 5 - 1

1. Eulogy ....................... 107 - 7 - 7 - 1
Very surprised to see Jambi barely crack the top 20.   Easily a top 5-7 song for me. 

Very surprised to see Jambi barely crack the top 20.   Easily a top 5-7 song for me. 
Jambi is an interesting one.  To me it's almost the opposite of some songs like Pneuma and Flood, where first listen they may seem a bit boring but they grow on you over time.  The first time I heard Jambi I was blown away, and I still like it a lot, but I feel like some of their other songs have a little more - depth maybe?  Not sure if that makes sense.  Also, I voted Ænema #1, and that's more on the Jambi side, so  :shrug:   

I was one that didn't even have it in my top 20. For me, it has a hard time cracking the top 5 on it's own album (I have Vicarious, wings/10k days, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned and Right in Two ahead of it). I guess seeing as its become a mainstay in their setlist, being played in all 15 shows I've seen since 2006, I've grown numb to it. The same can be said for Schism and stinkfist for me. Guess thats the drawback to seeing as many shows as I have. 

@Eulogys and I didn't rank it top 20. When the sample's this small it doesn't take much for a song to plummet down the rankings. @Dr_Zaius said why - depth. If it were on Undertow I'm sure I'd hold it in higher regard because it would have stuck with younger me like Intolerance or Crawl Away. By the time 10,000 Days came out, fair or not (it's not), I expected depth with anything they released. This isn't.

@Eulogys and I didn't rank it top 20. When the sample's this small it doesn't take much for a song to plummet down the rankings. 
Also, it only made 1 of the 3 that only listed a top 10.  Depending on if/where it would fall if they had done a top 20, it could maybe jump as high as top 12

Well, was suppose to be show #'s 37 & 38 for me over the weekend. Was really looking forward to hearing Fear Inoculum & Pneuma live for the first time. Guess I'll need to wait until next year. With that being said, I really enjoyed your list and write-ups for the specific songs. As has been mentioned , not to many bands around that can have such a wide variety of songs in peoples top 10, let alone top 5. I combined "songs" that go together (Parabol/a, Disposition/Reflection/Triad, Wings for Marie/10k Days) as well as excluding all of Salival, segues and hidden tracks. 

I'll also do my own count of how many times I've seen them play each song in (X)

45. Intentsion (2)

44. Chocolate Chip Trip (1)

43 Hush (0) 

42. 4° (0)

41. Flood (6) 

really surprised I have this so low since it has one of my favorite lines off Undertow: "This ground is not the rock I, thought it to be"

40. Part of Me (1)

39. Culling Voices (0)

38. The Patient (11)

37. Jerk-off (1)

36. Sweat (1)

35. Descending (1, although remnants of this song have been played live for quite a few years now, most recently in the middle of Opiate during their 2016 Winter US tour)

34. Hooker with a Penis (4)

33. Sober (13)

32. Stinkfist (34)

31. Swamp Song (0)

30. Disposition/Reflection/Triad (18, triad -10x) 

29. Fear Inoculum (0)

28. Jambi (15)

27. Third Eye (1)

26. Jimmy (0)

25. Prison Sex (6)

24. Schism (33)

23. Cold and Ugly (1)

22. Intolerance (1)

21. Undertow (2)

20. Crawl Away (2)

19. The Pot (7)

18. Wings for Marie/10k Days (8)

17. Bottom (1)

16. Ænima (24)

15. Parabol/a (21, 2x without parabol)

14. H. (7)

13. 7emptest (0)

12. Vicarious (12)

11. Opiate (9)

10. Invincible (1) 

9. Rosetta Stoned (11) 

8. Ticks & Leeches (0)

7. The Grudge (19)

6. Forty-Six & 2 (27)

5. Eulogys (5)

4. Pneuma (0)

3. Right in Two (1)

2. Lateralus (31)

1. Push-it (Ænema version 9x, Salival version 4x)
Been meaning to ask you (or anyone for that matter) 

I 1st saw tool live in the late 90s and early 00s.

They already had some stuff going on but watching earlier YouTube vids of their shows and it was more raw. As they have grown their art (and others) has made it into their performances.

Which tool shows have you enjoyed more?

Early raw stuff with just sound and Maynard dancing for the crowd?

Or the latter? A well put together orchestra or sights and sounds...and maybe even some flexible dancers on stage.

Super bummed as I had floor seats to the Madison show (20 min from my house) but I understand why they cancelled.  Just hopeful they come back sometime in 2021.
Looks like Puscifer will be touring in 2021.

I wonder if that will mean tool gets pushed back or they figured squeezing in during the fall/winter

Been meaning to ask you (or anyone for that matter) 

I 1st saw tool live in the late 90s and early 00s.

They already had some stuff going on but watching earlier YouTube vids of their shows and it was more raw. As they have grown their art (and others) has made it into their performances.

Which tool shows have you enjoyed more?

Early raw stuff with just sound and Maynard dancing for the crowd?

Or the latter? A well put together orchestra or sights and sounds...and maybe even some flexible dancers on stage.
I only saw them 3 times prior to Lateralus and those were festival shows,  lollapalooza in '97 and 2 ozz fest shows in '98. All I can really recall from those shows was the energy coming from them and just how much better they were than the rest of the lineups. It wasn't until 9/20/01 in Portland ME that I first saw one of "their" shows. Over the next 2 weeks and 10 shows ending with 2 shows at MSG, I saw them from almost every angle possible. The show that changed everything for me was the show in Hershey. Was a GA show and wanted to try and get on the rail. By the time I got to the arena and seen the line for the floor, I made the decision to sit stage left in the first row of the upper bowl, an unobstructive view looking down on Danny. Sat there in awe at this f*ing machine in front of me. Since then, I'd say about 90% of the time they are on stage my focus is on Danny. So its hard for me to say which I've enjoyed more as anytime seeing Danny play is enjoyable. Even when seeing APC with Green Jello opening up for them on the Thirteenth Step. 

I loved the variety in their setlist back in the 90's but i do give them credit for normally playing 1 or 2 deep tracks per show. Seen Intolerance for the first time last year. As far as their production on tour, they are typically using cutting-edge technology which is amazing when combined with the music coming from the stage. Was so looking forward to seeing more of the new stuff (Fear Inoculum, Pneuma and 7emptest). And have to give Tool a tip of the hat for CANCELING their tour instead of postponing it and keeping their fans money. Have $800 coming back to me.  

Thank you for the thread.  Heavy rotation as I've been reading it. 

I saw them in the early 2000's as well with The Melvins.  Hilarious to watch them open on this huge stage.  They did their setlist on the absolute corner of it.  Cracked me up.  Tool had the bent over head bobbing guys walking around all over the place.  Cool to see, but pretty weird.

Saw them again a few years ago with Primus and thought they were fantastic again. 

Missed them as well this time around.  Hoping they announce another tour next summer. 

Each of my 3 shows have been completely different, but the late 90's version is the one perspective I am missing that I wish I'd have experienced.

Going in relatively blind in 2002 left me feeling a bit surreal. The extent of my concert experiences to that point were almost exclusively mosh pit based - give or take. From speaking with others prior I knew this one would be different, but I wasn't quite sure how. So I just watched and let it all soak in. We picked a spot on the floor just behind where we expected the pits to develop so we had the best complete visual. Most of my other concert experiences 2 decades later are now a blur, but not that one.

So when they were headlining a festival in 2017 we chose a different vantage point. And were right in the pit. Sometimes we were about 2 layers of people behind the barrier and other times we were a dozen or so - that's just the nature of the pit. But with this being a festival we knew we weren't going to get all the visuals that usually come with a Tool show. The group had them going in the background, but that was all. It being a relatively small stage Maynard was really hovering directly beside Danny for the duration and while Justin and Adam took their usual spots it was all very much compact compared to a typical Tool show. That's why we wanted to experience this particular show with other people; not necessarily on our own.

Which is the exact opposite of this past fall. We didn't get our plan A tickets, but we got plan B and with hindsight these may have been better. We were front row'ish mezzanine on Adam's side, basically giving us a bird's eye view of him and Danny plus whenever Maynard stuck to his side of the stage. Unlike that festival show, we were given the full breadth of visuals. They even took it next level from before with the stage wrap-around and the lights coming off the stage floor. And the volume was incredible. Not because it was louder, although it was, but because you felt it throughout your body. It wasn't over whelming, but it pushed me to limits I didn't think were possible while just sitting in a ####### chair. Even a decade ago you couldn't convince me you could enjoy a show like that mostly sitting down, but as I seemingly often admit to myself - I was wrong. That was the best one yet. And I'm not sure I'll go again because I don't know if it can be one-upped.

Unless of course they decide to do an OGT tour with Maynard front-and-center. They won't, but I would go see that.

Fear Inoculum is turning out to be a phenomanal album.

Looking back over my rankings I would probably move every song up a nice chunk.  Especially Descending.

Gave Parabola a lot more time and yea....way too low. Never really stuck but yea...its a keeper.
It's an over whelming listen the first couple-few times through, but once it clicks it really is a master piece. Also, as I'm sure I mentioned would happen somewhere along the way last spring my rankings are substantially different now than last year. 

It's an over whelming listen the first couple-few times through, but once it clicks it really is a master piece. Also, as I'm sure I mentioned would happen somewhere along the way last spring my rankings are substantially different now than last year. 
Glad this thread was bumped for the 2022 tour.  Was thinking a few weeks ago about this very thing.  If I did a new ranking it would be vastly different from the 1st time around.  

Im going to get Newark and Philly....maybe Belmont.

A few days in betweens shows here in the Tri State area so I am wondering if they add a show somehwre.

Contemplating a road trip tonaomething a bit further as well.

Its my sons 13th birthday on Friday...He is getting Tool tickets..whether he likes it or not

I saw the announcement yesterday, but didn't see anything about ticket availability. Does the whole tour go on sale Friday? Or is it staggered?

I'll be looking for Belmont. 🤘

Deleted a Ticketmaster update and was like wait did I see tool.

definitely going again, guess there is a Tool Army presale tomorrow and then public on Friday 

hopefully I can get tix if not I’ll probably grab on secondary market

Got tickets for Detroit, was able to snag floor seats (like $175/each)

just me and my wife but I’m sure I can find someone else to go and worst case should be able to resell them

I hate Ticketmaster.

Had reasonable seats, but some error wouldn't allow me to check out at my device. Tried a different browser and then tried the Ticketmaster app on my phone, all no good.

Guess I'll be scrounging on Stubhub

I hate Ticketmaster.

Had reasonable seats, but some error wouldn't allow me to check out at my device. Tried a different browser and then tried the Ticketmaster app on my phone, all no good.

Guess I'll be scrounging on Stubhub
Sorry man that sucks.  I had the same thing happen to me with Chrome.  Logged in with Edge and it went through.  Never seen that before so weird.  Good luck with getting tickets

Got tickets for Detroit, was able to snag floor seats (like $175/each)

just me and my wife but I’m sure I can find someone else to go and worst case should be able to resell them
Awesome Lamb.  Was a bit upset when I saw the venues and no Wisconsin.  Saw them in Milwaukee and had tickets to the Madison show, which is essentially my backyard, that was Covid cancelled.  Decided Moline IL was worth the 2 1/12 trip and got 4 decent seats, not floor seats but happy with them nonetheless.  Have something to look forward to all winter now.

Sorry man that sucks.  I had the same thing happen to me with Chrome.  Logged in with Edge and it went through.  Never seen that before so weird.  Good luck with getting tickets
Thank you, it might have been a blessing in disguise. Instead of "Lower 3" seats that I had selected through Ticketmaster. I purchased 9th row "Floor C" tickets through Stubhub tonight.

Also ended up switching venues, Belmont would have worked great for so many reasons, but Prudential Center, Newark on a Saturday will be so much easier than Belmont on a Weds.

I've never FBG Cornholed before, but first beer is on me @comfortably numb if you secured tickets.

I've been with my girlfriend for almost 5 years and if there's only 1 good thing I brought to the relationship, it's expanding her musical taste. She had never heard of Tool before we started seeing each other and it was a rough introduction for her as some of the songs I was hoping would turn her on to Tool were quickly asked to be skip (Reflection, The Pot, Sober, Schism, Stinkfist). Then she heard Forty Six & 2. Slowly, and I mean very slowly, she began to recognize them more when they would come on my iPod and not have me skip them. We would watch some concerts on YouTube, some reaction videos, I showed her Parabola from the 2002 Providence show, the Push It takedown, Danny Carey playing Rosetta Stoned at a drum clinic, and she really started to like them. She started begging me to take her to see them live. Finally, Rockville 2019 gets announced with Tool headlining. And not a single other band playing that day which she would know or like. I knew she would not enjoy that setting for her 1st Tool show. But she insisted on seeing them live. A couple more festival dates get announced and a short little east coast tour begins to take shape. And there's this Friday show in Hampton, VA. What a perfect excuse for a 3day weekend getaway. Little did I know the monster I was about to create.

I honestly don't know who was more excited to hear Fear Inoculum, someone whose been waiting 13 years for new music or this new fan who still needs to discover their full past discography. Well, I was the one who couldn't wait and found a torrent😲 4 days before it was released... And didn't share it at 😈. Regardless, she loved the album with the exception of Chocolate Chip Trip (more appealing live I guess). And when they announced their 2020 tour, we got tickets to Orlando and Tampa. We all know how that ended.

So when they announced the 2022 tour on Monday, first thing that sticks out is the Orlando show is the day after her 60th birthday and it's a couple weeks after our 1st date. Because of this, we now have tickets for Orlando, Tampa & Miami, followed by a weekend in the keys to celebrate her birthday/our 5 yrs together. I am however shocked at the availability of tickets for most shows on the tour. Looks like most all of the upper bowl levels are still available 11 hours after general public sales started. I'd give a generous estimate of about 65-70% of available tickets are currently sold for this tour. Before Covid these shows would've been sold out by noon. Are people still that scared to attend these large gatherings? or are they too late returning to the road and people have already spent their available concert $$$? I can't believe the demand to see them play NEW music live has dwindled this much. 

Users who are viewing this thread