What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Comfortably Numb's Top 50 Tool songs #2 Jambi...and #1 H (1 Viewer)

Thank you, it might have been a blessing in disguise. Instead of "Lower 3" seats that I had selected through Ticketmaster. I purchased 9th row "Floor C" tickets through Stubhub tonight.

Also ended up switching venues, Belmont would have worked great for so many reasons, but Prudential Center, Newark on a Saturday will be so much easier than Belmont on a Weds.

I've never FBG Cornholed before, but first beer is on me @comfortably numb if you secured tickets.
Awesome!

I got a bit carried away today.

Newark

Philly

Boston 

Ill take my 13 year old son again to Newark. It was his birthday today.

Happy birthday to us!

Youre right

I think...

500 for 2 tix to Boston

600 for 4 tix to Newark 

380 for 2 tix to Philly 

I will probably move 2 to Newark to friends or stubhub if no one else wants to go.

The other 2...maybe I sell on stubhub if no one goes with me.

So while I spent $1500 reality is, I will probably end up spending 1200 on tix to 3 shows and a lot less if I sell 1 tix to Philly/Boston.

Belmont show still out there....

Revisiting my TOOL playlist. 

Invincible is ridiculously good 

Checking into their Vegas trip, might need to make it happen. 

Agreed happy to see The Grudge, The Patient and Right in Two.  Plus didn't get Descending in the Milwaukee show so pumped about this list now just gotta wait until Mid March.  Almost forgot about Pu####...great list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youre right

I think...

500 for 2 tix to Boston

600 for 4 tix to Newark 

380 for 2 tix to Philly 

I will probably move 2 to Newark to friends or stubhub if no one else wants to go.

The other 2...maybe I sell on stubhub if no one goes with me.

So while I spent $1500 reality is, I will probably end up spending 1200 on tix to 3 shows and a lot less if I sell 1 tix to Philly/Boston.

Belmont show still out there....

Didn't realize Boston and Phily were back to back nights so that seemed tough between all the travel....I ended up selling Boston as as soon as I did I regretted it lol...

Maybe I buy a single for Boston if I get it cheap enough. 

I csnt wait. Trying to ignore the setlists as I want to be surprised  (I avoid previews and trailers)

Enjoy all!

I can't wait I'm seeing them on the 17th.  Are they still playing The Grudge?  Really been digging that song lately.  From what I'm seeing online I like this set list better than their last go round.  
it seems like it’s been pretty steady, they seem to flip between playing The Patient or Right In Two.  Both great songs but I’m really hoping for Right In Two for the Detroit leg

Newark, this Saturday   :headbang:

Has anyone been to Prudential Center that I can bounce a few questions off?

Will anyone be at the show?

I can't wait I'm seeing them on the 17th.  Are they still playing The Grudge?  Really been digging that song lately.  From what I'm seeing online I like this set list better than their last go round.  
I got The grudge in Philly.

Seems like it's in their rotation and you should get it.

Fantastic show in Newark last night!

Thanks again for everything, @comfortably numb! You made our trip easier and more enjoyable than if we were roaming the streets ourselves.

Detroit show was awesome.  Played Undertow for 1st time in 20 years.  At the expense of Right In Two though which I was really going to see.  But cool I got to see something no one else did

Grudge had some awesome visuals (I mean they all do but it synced up nicely)

Hooker had a different tempo or something.  Was cool though 

Invincible is a great closer

Also getting worried we may not get too many more chances to see them.  Maynard made a comment toward the end that he’s tired.  He’s 57 thinking he’s 47 pretending like he’s 27

Danny is 60 and Adam is also 57

Detroit show was awesome.  Played Undertow for 1st time in 20 years.  At the expense of Right In Two though which I was really going to see.  But cool I got to see something no one else did

Grudge had some awesome visuals (I mean they all do but it synced up nicely)

Hooker had a different tempo or something.  Was cool though 

Invincible is a great closer
Agreed.  Saw them in Moline last night and it was a fantastic show.  Great set list, better than 2019 imo.  Was really impressed with Hooker, like that song but it plays much better live.  Push, Descending, Right & Two and The Grudge were all top notch. Pneuma is always fantastic live and Invincible is a fantastic closing song.  Concert was loud as a rock concert should be but felt like they turned it up another notch for Invincible, our seats where shaking during that song...so awesome.  

Agreed.  Saw them in Moline last night and it was a fantastic show.  Great set list, better than 2019 imo.  Was really impressed with Hooker, like that song but it plays much better live.  Push, Descending, Right & Two and The Grudge were all top notch. Pneuma is always fantastic live and Invincible is a fantastic closing song.  Concert was loud as a rock concert should be but felt like they turned it up another notch for Invincible, our seats where shaking during that song...so awesome.  
no Right In Two was my only gripe with Detroit, that’s one of my favorites 

We got Opiate & The Patient at Newark.

Both were awesome, but I would have loved to swap those for Sober & Right in Two, especially Right in Two.

Puscifer tonight! 

(Wallingford, CT lolz)

((Great 5000 seat theater, but Wallingford lolz))

My wife was surprised that she preferred the Puscifer show over Tool. Although, she'd love if they had a name change. 🤣

Opening band was... an interesting choice. 

No luchadores, but fun antics throughout the show. Maynard introduces himself as Agent **** Merkin. Played all, or almost all, songs from Existential Reckoning, and a good number of older songs mixed in (including a much more melodic remix of Indigo Children). The Remedy, Conditions of My Parole and Man Overboard were fantastic to see live. As much as I enjoy Existential Reckoning in ear buds or in my car, I didn't think they translate as well to a concert (for me) as the older songs. Carina's melodies were fantastic and spot on, but harder to pick up in the mixing with ear plugs in my old ears.

No cameras again (I prefer this by far!), but we did get permission to record the last song, same as the Tool show.

At this small 5000 seat theater, we had box seats and a waitress to bring us food and beverages. 🤣

Nowhere near Florida. Might have to wrap a trip around that Knoxville show somehow. Thanks for posting!
New tour announced, tickets go on sale Friday. I'm looking at Mohegan. :headbang:

Can't wait. Coming back to Milwaukee so a much shorter drive than last time around. I'm seeing others saying there will be a part 2 is early 2024 so maybe some dates for those in FL and other states that were skipped this time.

Nowhere near Florida. Might have to wrap a trip around that Knoxville show somehow. Thanks for posting!
New tour announced, tickets go on sale Friday. I'm looking at Mohegan. :headbang:

Can't wait. Coming back to Milwaukee so a much shorter drive than last time around. I'm seeing others saying there will be a part 2 is early 2024 so maybe some dates for those in FL and other states that were skipped this time.

That’s my guess, hope they come back to Michigan

I too was looking at that show until I started thinking about my girlfriends bucket list and visiting Boston. :ponder:
It's been 10 years since I've been back to NH, sounds like a perfect reason for a vacation. Gonna ship up to Boston on Sunday, go to the Manchester show on Monday, the Boston show on Wednesday, then drive down to Philadelphia to visit her sister see Tool on Thursday.

they'e coming to Fresno ...$300 a ticket :lmao:
Yeah. I paid $250 for the floor during their last tour. They don't sell records anymore. This is how they make their money now. Worth every penny, imo and they may never tour again. They're getting into their 60's.

Tool tonight in Milwaukee can't wait! Hear they've been playing Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned so stoked to see that have never seen that live before.
Setlist looks like:

Fear Innoculum
Jambi
The Pot
Rosetta Stoned
Pneuma
The Grudge
Descending
46 and 2
Chocolate Chip Trip
Culling Voices
Invincible

I've never been a Tool freak, but have been listening to Fear Inoculum a bunch lately... Pneuma is pretty amazing.

It's odd - they're probably the best band of the past 25 years, and I tend to like everything I hear, but a single song is exhausting - it pulls my attention, not something I can multitask during very easily. So, I've never really dug in to their albums.

a single song is exhausting - it pulls my attention, not something I can multitask during very easily
:wub:

The only time I even bother listening to them anymore is during a workout when I know I'm gonna have at least 30-45 uninterrupted mins. I was just getting ready to wrap up today when 7empest came on, so naturally I had to go find one more exercise to do.

I've never been a Tool freak, but have been listening to Fear Inoculum a bunch lately... Pneuma is pretty amazing.

It's odd - they're probably the best band of the past 25 years, and I tend to like everything I hear, but a single song is exhausting - it pulls my attention, not something I can multitask during very easily. So, I've never really dug in to their albums.
Their music builds. Especially on later records. Pneuma is a great example. The hook/breakdown is increasingly more intricate as the song goes on. It’s incredible.

Tool tonight in Milwaukee can't wait! Hear they've been playing Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned so stoked to see that have never seen that live before.
Setlist looks like:

Fear Innoculum
Jambi
The Pot
Rosetta Stoned
Pneuma
The Grudge
Descending
46 and 2
Chocolate Chip Trip
Culling Voices
Invincible
Rosetta Stoned live has got to be awesome
It was fantastic live. Grudge was probably their best song but the entire concert was excellent

Users who are viewing this thread