What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COMPLETE NOOB, help......... (1 Viewer)

bubleeshaark

Footballguy
Hey guys,

I am a complete noob to fantasy baseball, and even the MLB. The last time I watched a regular season baseball game Edgar Martinez was in it.

So I'm joining a couple friends (who haven't played fantasy baseball either) to play this year. I need a complete fantasy baseball 101.

Anyways, I will post my league settings once they're set. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Adam

Rosters:

6-teams H2H all MLB

1 C/1B/2B/3B/SS

3 OF

1 UTIL (any batter)

1 P (SP or RP)

3 SP

2 RP

4 bench + 1 disabled

SCORING
Batting
Singles (1B) 1
Doubles (2B) 2
Triples (3B) 3
Home Runs (HR) 4
Walks (BB) 1
Runs Scored ® 1
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1
Stolen Bases (SB) 2
Strikeouts (K) -0.5
Hit by Pitch (HBP) 1
Caught Stealing (CS) -1
Hitting for the Cycle (CYC) 20

Pitching
Innings Pitched (IP) 3
Earned Runs (ER) -1
Wins (W) 10
Losses (L) -5
Saves (SV) 7
Blown Saves (BS) -4
Strikeouts (K) 0.5
Hits Allowed (H) -1
Walks Issued (BB) -1
Shutouts (SO) 10
Complete Games (CG) 3
Quality Starts (QS) 2
No Hitters (NH) 15
Perfect Games (PG) 30
Strikeouts = 0.5

Last edited by a moderator:
my .02 is that 6 teams mixed league means everyone has a really good team. usually you would go AL or NL only. take young guys, under 30.

Adam,

Don't let these guys get this thing off track. Lots to be learned in here by everyone, IMO.

Lucky for you, I have a good buddy that is a 6-team league expert that owes me a favor.

E-mail all of the details you have posted in this thread to ChrisYandek@CYInterview.com, and I think he should be able to get you on the right track. Be sure to open your e-mail by first asking him how he is doing. It is a good icebreaker, but also I know a lot of the guys around here would like to know.

When Chris gets back with you, please post in here to let us know how things went. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread