What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Congressman Steve King is a White Nationalist - UPDATE Good News for America - Steve King Loses (3 Viewers)

Also there's this little ditty today: Hoyer confirms that a GOP lawmaker today yelled at California Democrat Tony Cardenas, "Go back to Puerto Rico!"

This is not a "Steve King" problem, and anyone who lets the GOP get away with characterizing it as such making things worse.
I saw something elsewhere, probably on Twitter, suggesting that this is false. He wasn’t yelling at Cardenas (who has Mexican ancestry, not Puerto Rican). He was yelling at the group of Dems who went to Puerto Rico a week or so ago.

Also there's this little ditty today: Hoyer confirms that a GOP lawmaker today yelled at California Democrat Tony Cardenas, "Go back to Puerto Rico!"

This is not a "Steve King" problem, and anyone who lets the GOP get away with characterizing it as such making things worse.
I saw something elsewhere, probably on Twitter, suggesting that this is false. He wasn’t yelling at Cardenas (who has Mexican ancestry, not Puerto Rican). He was yelling at the group of Dems who went to Puerto Rico a week or so ago.
"Go back to Puerto Rico so I can criticize you for going to Puerto Rico instead of negotiating with Trump!"

I saw that he owned up to doing this and apologized, which is great.  

If you are a proud member of Donald Trumps party you are not entitled to the benefit of the doubt on racial issues, so IMO the initial assumption was warranted. But I’m glad it has been addressed and that the person who did it recognized that it was still obnoxious and wrong. Well handled on all sides, after the initial obnoxiousness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hope we can all agree this is fantastic news.
It certainly is from one perspective; the country is way better off without Steve King in elected office. Most political observers I'm reading, however, are of the opinion that he lost mostly because he had been stripped of his committee positions and influence. The Feenstra guy who beat him is another Trump water carrier.

Northwest Iowa still ain't blue but that state isn't lost to Dems yet. Though Donald is probably the only Republican who could lose it.

It certainly is from one perspective; the country is way better off without Steve King in elected office. Most political observers I'm reading, however, are of the opinion that he lost mostly because he had been stripped of his committee positions and influence. The Feenstra guy who beat him is another Trump water carrier.

Northwest Iowa still ain't blue but that state isn't lost to Dems yet. Though Donald is probably the only Republican who could lose it.
But if I am choosing between two water carriers for Trump...Im happy the white nationalist one doesn't have a chance to be re-elected.

But if I am choosing between two water carriers for Trump...Im happy the white nationalist one doesn't have a chance to be re-elected.
Let's not kid ourselves here, you don't know yet that he is a white nationalist....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm reading, however, are of the opinion that he lost mostly because he had been stripped of his committee positions and influence.
Kevin McCarthy tried in vain to get King back his assignments. McCarthy did this of his own volition, and it sparked the ire of Ronna McDaniel who wanted King gone very badly. 

Users who are viewing this thread