What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Correlation of TE usage by hurt WR? (1 Viewer)

meyerj31

Footballguy
This is purely anecdotal, but given the stats that Celek and Bennett have had lately with injuries to WR on the team, can we make a correlation for specific TEs going forward?

Celek - Maclin ... heavily used from week 6 on last year when Maclin was dealing with injuries, and the same so far this year.

Nicks - Bennett ... Nicks has been gimpy or not playing through three games and Bennett has seen a whopping 23 targets.

Jennings - Finley only saw 5 targets in Chicago but I think that's more because Chicago was focusing on him, since he torched Chicago in the two games against them last year. What can we expect against the Seahawks with Jennings still out or going forward? I think he's going to be heavily involved. In week 1 against a good defense he saw 11 targets as Rodgers was forced to dink and dunk. Could be a big week next couple of weeks for him.

Hernandez - Welker (this one seems like it will work in reverse, with Welker seeing an uptick)

Chandler - Nelson (IR) Chandler has 20% of the targets in Buffalo so far this year. That's a rate akin to what Finley has with Rodgers. Now Buffalo doesn't throw that much but I think Chandler could have a nice TE10-12 season, especially if he keeps getting the red zone looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could maybe add a TE who is playing on a team whose best offensive weapon is a WR and playing the Patriots.

Pats take your best player out of the game and make you beat them with other options.

Todd Heap had 5 for 65 in 2 and a half quarters Sunday while Fitzgerald was out of the gameplan.

As I stated before, there is a very small correlation between Maclin being injured and a bump in Celek's usage (last year he didn't produce any better when Maclin was out). Celek saw the same amount of snaps in week 1 as he did in week 2. Celek's production is almost solely based on how often he is called in to block.

Eli loves his TE, gimpy Nicks or not Eli will continue to look towards his TE as a safety valve. There's probably going to be 4,500 to spread out between all NYG receiving options this year, Nicks and Cruz can't put up 200 yards every week.

If I remember correctly, Finley dropped two sure passes last week (three on the season). Maybe Rodgers just decided to shy away from him. SEA is currently allowing the 26th least amount of points to opposing TEs. I think he's feast or famine every week regardless of situation.

Chandler for sure gets a bump with Nelson out but I think his work in between the 20's is being largely over exaggerated. He's still much slower and less agile than Nelson was and his fantasy days will always be largely TD dependent.

I do think there is a correlation, but I don't think it's very large. Most teams have enough weapons to compensate for injury.

I just don't think CJ will get any room to run....combination of his line sucking and him dancing....he gets hit in the backfield way to often....Tenn needs to keep him involved...

Users who are viewing this thread