What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cowher's Who Dey gets a big "so what" (1 Viewer)

I’m mad they won (the Super Bowl) with the help of the referees,” Houshmandzadeh said. “But it doesn’t matter. It’s all in fun. I don’t know if they think we’re the best team they played, or if the Seahawks, or Colts, or Broncos just don’t have a cheer.”

:thumbup:

Ya I believe Chad Johnson said the Bengals would be on top for awhile now in the middle of the season. Well that Chad is just too sad.

Ya I believe Chad Johnson said the Bengals would be on top for awhile now in the middle of the season. Well that Chad is just too sad.
Well, we won the division. So I guess he was kinda right.
which one would u rather have?
Feel good knowing that you beat a 2nd string quarterback. You know that made a difference, and I won't take any other opinion on that issue. Good day, sir.

I was wondering when this was going to get some kind of reaction from Cincinnati. If I were a Bengals fan I wouldn't like it but when you have a chant that asks who dey gonna beat dem Bengals, you have to be prepared to hear a response when you do get beat.

All in all it will only serve to ratchet up the rivarly that was cooked up last year, which is a good thing for both teams and the NFL.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the opening game of the NFL season be Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh.

I was wondering when this was going to get some kind of reaction from Cincinnati. If I were a Bengals fan I wouldn't like it but when you have a chant that asks who dey gonna beat dem Bengals, you have to be prepared to hear a response when you do get beat.

All in all it will only serve to ratchet up the rivarly that was cooked up last year, which is a good thing for both teams and the NFL.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the opening game of the NFL season be Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh.
It better not involve a sidelined Carson Palmer.

Yea, that would give Pittsburgh another chance to beat our backup QB.

:goodposting:
Maybe your #2 will have better luck than 1 out of the last 4 against the Steelers. :shrug:
In English please. Clear sentences work best. Perhaps you are trying to say that the Bengals are 1-4 in the last four games against the Steelers. Very good information here.

what position did you play.. or do you have a mouse in your pocket??

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the devoted fan, giving my money to the organization, claiming my own little piece of the Bengals. As far as the mouse in my pocket, I don't know what on God's good earth you are talking about.

I played the devoted fan, giving my money to the organization, claiming my own little piece of the Bengals. As far as the mouse in my pocket, I don't know what on God's good earth you are talking about.
Sofresh don't take offense to this but as a Steeler fan I've experienced many division winners over the past decade. Along with that, I've experienced many heartbreaking playoff losses. I'll tell you this--I would have traded them all away for this one superbowl.

I played the devoted fan, giving my money to the organization, claiming my own little piece of the Bengals.  As far as the mouse in my pocket, I don't know what on God's good earth you are talking about.
Sofresh don't take offense to this but as a Steeler fan I've experienced many division winners over the past decade. Along with that, I've experienced many heartbreaking playoff losses. I'll tell you this--I would have traded them all away for this one superbowl.
That's understandable, I'm not even arguing that, so good for you guys. I'm not discrediting the Steelers SB victory at all. You guys are reading into what I'm saying too much. I'm simply responding to all the hating that's going on.

Maybe your #2 will have better luck than 1 out of the last 4 against the Steelers. :shrug:
In English please. Clear sentences work best. Perhaps you are trying to say that the Bengals are 1-4 in the last four games against the Steelers. Very good information here.
Sorry, didn't mean to give you too much credit. I will do my best to use very small words next time.

Sorry, didn't mean to give you too much credit. I will do my best to use very small words next time.
Oh no, your words are plenty small. Thank you anyway.

I’m mad they won (the Super Bowl) with the help of the referees,” Houshmandzadeh said. “But it doesn’t matter. It’s all in fun. I don’t know if they think we’re the best team they played, or if the Seahawks, or Colts, or Broncos just don’t have a cheer.”

Houshmandzadeh is just a man child, and that's all there is to it. I wish I could get a gif of him wiping his cleats with the terrible towel that one time.
If I were a Bengals fan I wouldn't like it but when you have a chant that asks who dey gonna beat dem Bengals, you have to be prepared to hear a response when you do get beat.

Good post. I think we're all pretty huge homers here, and it's pretty rare that I read a post from a Steelers fan without being inclined to disagree, but I have to agree here that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come up with a retort for our team slogan. I'd be a lot more geared up for this rivalry if there weren't the serious issue of our team's success basically hinging on Palmer's health; nevertheless, I'm glad that both fanbases are privy to one of the best rivalries in football right now.

And the Bengals might have a chance at winning it again next year if the Steelers have to start their backup QB for 4 games of the season.Aside from 2 overtime losses with Maddox sucking, the Steelers were a 13-3 team. Enjoy that division championship!

I hope Palmer's back healthy next year... this rivalry's got a lot of potential.

And the Bengals might have a chance at winning it again next year if the Steelers have to start their backup QB for 4 games of the season.Aside from 2 overtime losses with Maddox sucking, the Steelers were a 13-3 team. Enjoy that division championship!

I hope Palmer's back healthy next year... this rivalry's got a lot of potential.
Bengals > Steelers

Bengals > Steelers
:lmao: Why? Because the Steelers dominated them in Cincinnati in the 1st regular season game and the Bengals managed to squeak out a 7 point win in Pittsburgh when they were able to force 4 turnovers and allow the Steelers to rack up close to 500 yards of offense? Uh huh.

Like I said, if the Steelers don't lose Big Ben for 4 games, they win the division, too.

Can't wait till next year!

Been wondering what the heck this Who Dey thing is anyway? Isn't this basically the Saints "Who Dat" chant?
YES!!!! When in hell did the Bengals start this $#@T!!! Saints fans don't have a lot to cheer for BUT, we've been chanting "WHO DAT say dey gonna beat dem SAINTS" for as long as I can remember.(Unfortunately, It's been just about everybody) But that is our cheer.

POSERS!!!!! :hot:

Been wondering what the heck this Who Dey thing is anyway?  Isn't this basically the Saints "Who Dat" chant?
YES!!!! When in hell did the Bengals start this $#@T!!! Saints fans don't have a lot to cheer for BUT, we've been chanting "WHO DAT say dey gonna beat dem SAINTS" for as long as I can remember.(Unfortunately, It's been just about everybody) But that is our cheer.

POSERS!!!!! :hot:
Well, this is the first thing that came up when I googled "who dat" "who dey".linkey

Since everything on the innernets is true, I'm gonna have to assume the referenced post above is correct. Sorry boutcha'!

Someone had a link to the history of Who Dey, I forget who. Cincy has been doing it since there earlier glory day in the 80s, whatever that's worth. I don't really care if it's a rip-off of anything since it's so important and prominent to the area and fans.

I'm just excited about the years to come. Let the rivalry begin.

Cincy has been doing it since there earlier glory day in the 80s
For what you were trying to say, this is probably a typo. But in reality, it hits closer to the truth without the s.

Cincy has been doing it since there earlier glory day in the 80s
For what you were trying to say, this is probably a typo. But in reality, it hits closer to the truth without the s.
A lot better than the 90s, I didn't have much to cheer for. Leave me alone.But yeah a typo.

One more time: Kitna twice gave the Bengals double digit leads that the defense couldn't hold. The Bengals aren't going anywhere in the playoffs until they get a defense.

One more time: Kitna twice gave the Bengals double digit leads that the defense couldn't hold. The Bengals aren't going anywhere in the playoffs until they get a defense.
Gods you need to stop trying to defend our victories. People have their opinions on how we won but who really cares? You're not gonna change anyone's mind at this point. The fans of Pittsburgh know that we deserved a title that has been in the waiting for about 11 years now. Just enjoy it, live it up, and quit arguing about the actual games lol.

Yeah nice try. This is a pretty weak argument. You know as well as everyone on this board that Kitna totally blew.

:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread