What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crock pot / Slow cooker recipes (4 Viewers)

Just made this for the first time recently. It was very easy and very tasty.

Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken

Number of Servings:

Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 cup salsa

1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning

1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)

1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions

Add chicken to slow cooker.

Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.

Pour salsa and soup over chicken.

Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.

Serve with rice.

New to the slow cooker game, but this one looks good. A basic question -- are the chicken breasts raw when you put them in? Is there any worry about them cooking all the way through? I'm generally paranoid about getting chicken cooked all the way through, so this is pretty much the only thing that is keeping me from jumping right in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a good recipe for an egg bake in a slow cooker?
My nephew's wife does this a couple three times a week. They have four kids, three in elementary school. The kids wake up, put a scoop in a bowl, eat a hardy breakfast and off they go. My brother the food snob was staying over there and raved about how good these overnight crock pot egg dishes are. Seems bizarre to me, but I'm going to ask her about it. Thanks for reminding me.

My nephew's wife does this a couple three times a week. They have four kids, three in elementary school. The kids wake up, put a scoop in a bowl, eat a hardy breakfast and off they go. My brother the food snob was staying over there and raved about how good these overnight crock pot egg dishes are. Seems bizarre to me, but I'm going to ask her about it. Thanks for reminding me.
I had to find out about this so I called her right after posting. She laughed because she was eating it rolled up in a tortilla when I called. Pretty simple. A pound of frozen hash brown -- cubed not shredded, and she microwaves it for a minute to break up the frozen chucks.A half pound cooked breakfast sausage -- links or ground probably doesn't matter but the one my brother loved was her take on Alton Brown's homemade breakfast sausage. She followed his instructions on spices but rather than grind fat back and pork shoulder, she makes it from a pound of ground pork and only uses half in the recipe. She told me to look it up. I haven't.One pound of sharp cheddar cheese cubed like the hash. Toss the above three like a salad to mix evenly and put in crock.In a blender: Put a dozen eggs, a half a stick sliced butter, two teaspoons each salt and pepper, half a bell pepper, a quarter onion, and her secret ingredient, a half a cup sour cream. Blend until bell and onion are thoroughly chopped. Pour into crock. Leave on low 8 hours. :shrug: It's too much for my house. I'm worried doing a smaller batch radically changes the cook time. Any of you in need of such a big breakfast and brave enough to try, please report back.

'3 out of 5 said:

Number of Servings:

Ingredients

1 cup salsa

Directions

Serve with rice.

New to the slow cooker game, but this one looks good. A basic question -- are the chicken breasts raw when you put them in? Is there any worry about them cooking all the way through? I'm generally paranoid about getting chicken cooked all the way through, so this is pretty much the only thing that is keeping me from jumping right in here.
yes raw. there was no worry for me, 6-8 hours takes care of that. If you are worried, invest in a meat thermometer or cut the biggest one in half and check it out.

A favorite at my house is Hawaiian Chicken.

5 chicken breasts

1 can pineapple chunks in juice

1 bottle of your favorite honey flavored bbq sauce

1/4 c. brown sugar

2-3 hrs on high

5 hrs on low

After it is done, shred it and toss over sticky rice.

I used to make a version of this in a wok on the stove, but with a little more ingredients. So, if you want to add some more yummy flavors, put a little olive oil in a skillet and saute 1 clove garlic, 1 bell pepper, and 1 small onion. I would, but my family would cry real tears.

You can make Mexican Crockpot Chicken, as well.

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 16 oz container of sour cream

chiles to your taste

1 onion, cubed

clove of garlic

Saute garlic and onion in a tbsp or so of olive oil. stir in 2 cans of chicken soup, and the sour cream. Once it is all mixed together, toss that over about 5-6 chicken breasts.

Cook on high for 2-3 hrs, low for 5

A favorite at my house is Hawaiian Chicken.5 chicken breasts 1 can pineapple chunks in juice1 bottle of your favorite honey flavored bbq sauce1/4 c. brown sugar2-3 hrs on high5 hrs on low After it is done, shred it and toss over sticky rice. I used to make a version of this in a wok on the stove, but with a little more ingredients. So, if you want to add some more yummy flavors, put a little olive oil in a skillet and saute 1 clove garlic, 1 bell pepper, and 1 small onion. I would, but my family would cry real tears.
:blackdot:

Crockpot Flank Steak

We have been pounding the crockpot lately and ran into this one. We love flank steak/skirt steak - and have always done the marinade, grilled and sliced thin. But this recipe blows the typical approach away. Highly recommend this.

Just put this in this morning.

Corned Beef and Cabbage

2 carrots cut into 2 inch pieces

2 small onions cut into bite sized pieces - I usually cut them into eights

1 Corned Beef Brisket with season pack

2 cups apple juice

1 cup water

1 head cabbage

I put all but the last ingredient in at the start and let it cook on the slow and low setting (10 hrs). I will add the cabbage later once things really begin to steam (maybe halfway through) because the wife does not like the cabbage too soggy. Once done I let the CB sit for about 15-20 minutes before serving which will help it firm back up and make it easier to cut.

I cook the potatoes (boiled in salty water - is there any other way for the Irish?) separately so I can put some butter and parsley on them.

Serve all of this with some hard rolls.

Damn I cant wait for dinner. I can already smell it cooking in the kitchen.

http://www.food.com/recipe/Tony-Lukes-Italian-Roast-Pork-Sandwich-The-Real-Deal-109581

Made this yesterday for some friends who came over for football. Third time I have made it and nothing but rave reviews everytime.

Tony Luke's Italian Roast Pork Sandwich (The Real Deal)

Roast Pork

1 (2 1/2 lb) pork shoulder

3 tablespoons garlic (chopped)

2 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped)

3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)

1 tablespoon salt

1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper

1 tablespoon olive oil

I also add a little chicken broth and white wine

Broccoli Rabe

1 lb broccoli rabe (aka rapini)

salt 3 quarts water

1/4 cup olive oil

2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped

salt 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Accompaniments

crusty Italian roll (football shaped)

1/2 lb sliced sharp provolone cheese

Directions:

1 - Turn crock pot on high setting.

2 - If the roast comes in elastic-y netting remove the netting, but keep it intact, you’ll be stuffing it back in later.

3 - Mix the next 6 ingredients in a bowl.

4 - Spread the pork roast out on a clean surface.

5 - If there are any large thick sections of meat, score them with a knife.

6 - Rub 3/4 of the mixture over all exposed surfaces.

7 - Roll the roast back up and place back in netting.

8 - (Or truss with kitchen twine if no netting was provided) Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the roast.

9 - Place the roast in the crock pot and cook at high for 20 minutes.

10 - Turn down to low and cook at least 3 hours longer or until the pork is falling apart.

11 - Remove pork from truss or netting and shred into large chunks, removing any large pieces of fat that may be left.

12 - Return to juices which have accumulated in the crock pot.

13 - For the broccoli rabe: Wash thoroughly and cut about 1/2 inch off the bottom of the stems.

14 - Cut the florets off the top and set aside.

15 - Bring 3qts salted water to a rolling boil.

16 - Add broccoli rabe leaves and stems and cook about 1&1/2 minutes then add the florets and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.

17 - Remove broccoli from boiling water and drain, but reserve about 1/4- 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.

18 - In a deep frying pan (which is cold) begin heat olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic together over medium heat.

19 - Once the garlic begins to sauté, begin to time about two minutes (till very lightly browned) add drained broccoli.

20 - Sauté the broccoli rabe about 3-5 minutes longer and then add the cooking liquid from the pot. This should look a little soupy.

21 - Assemble: Toast sliced roll if desired. I prefer to dig some of the inner bread out of the roll

22 - Add provo to roll before hot meat. then the cheese can melt. After that top with broccoli rabe generously.

Number of Servings:

Ingredients

1 cup salsa

Directions

Serve with rice.

yes raw. there was no worry for me, 6-8 hours takes care of that. If you are worried, invest in a meat thermometer or cut the biggest one in half and check it out.
Finally did this over the weekend. The family LOVED it. I was amazed at the difference in the texture of the chicken -- it fell apart instead of being a solid breast like when I grill it. We will definitely be trying more of the recipes in this thread now. :thumbup:

A favorite at my house is Hawaiian Chicken.5 chicken breasts 1 can pineapple chunks in juice1 bottle of your favorite honey flavored bbq sauce1/4 c. brown sugar2-3 hrs on high5 hrs on low After it is done, shred it and toss over sticky rice. I used to make a version of this in a wok on the stove, but with a little more ingredients. So, if you want to add some more yummy flavors, put a little olive oil in a skillet and saute 1 clove garlic, 1 bell pepper, and 1 small onion. I would, but my family would cry real tears.
Trying this tonight for the family. Doing it sans the yummy flavors, because my wife and kids would cry real tears too.

I've made it numerous times, always a success. Healthy, low fat. Short cuts can be taken but the flavor will be compromised. I actually got a batch going before work for dinner tonight.

5 cans black beans, drained and rinsed

1 can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed

2 cans Ro-Tel

1 can chicken stock

1 can small Spicy V-8

2 Poblano or Pasilla peppers, fire roasted

2 bay leaves

1 tablespoon Cayenne chili powder

1 tablespoon Ancho chili powder

1 onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic, chopped

3 pounds Hot Italian turkey sausage links

2 tablespoons olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

Cut the sausages into medallions and brown each side in olive oil. Move sausages to crock pot. In same pan, sweat chopped onions until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add bay leaves, V-8 and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for about 15 minutes. Scrape all the crusty bits off the bottom of the pan and make sure its integrated into the liquid.

Fire roast the peppers. Chop and add to crock pot.

Add chili powders, salt & black pepper to crock pot.

Add Ro-Tel to crock pot.

Drain and rinse black beans and corn, add to crock pot.

Cook for 8 hours on low. If its a bit too soupy, take the lid off for an hour or two and allow it to thicken up towards the end of the cooking process.

I've made it numerous times, always a success. Healthy, low fat. Short cuts can be taken but the flavor will be compromised. I actually got a batch going before work for dinner tonight.

2 cans Ro-Tel

1 can chicken stock

1 can small Spicy V-8

2 bay leaves

1 onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic, chopped

2 tablespoons olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

Cut the sausages into medallions and brown each side in olive oil. Move sausages to crock pot. In same pan, sweat chopped onions until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add bay leaves, V-8 and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for about 15 minutes. Scrape all the crusty bits off the bottom of the pan and make sure its integrated into the liquid.

is this a type of chili?

Made beef stew for the first time ever this weekend. HFS is it good! 8 hours on low with following ingredients:2 lbs. stew beef (cubed)3 celery stalks1 onion2 large potatoes3 large carrots1 McCormick beef stew seasoning packet1 2/3 cups water. Put all veggies and beef in slow cooker. Mix seasoning mix with water. Pour into slow cooker. Done.
Exactly what I came in here looking for. Thanks!Edit to add: Does anyone have a good pulled pork recipe? :P

2 cans Ro-Tel

1 can chicken stock

1 can small Spicy V-8

2 bay leaves

1 onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic, chopped

2 tablespoons olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

Yes...although it does have beans so be cautious of who you are around when you refer to it as chili :unsure:

Trying this tonight for the family. Doing it sans the yummy flavors, because my wife and kids would cry real tears too.
Gets 2.5 (out of 4) thumbs up from wife and kids. Wife and I liked it, son thought it was alright, daughter wasn't a big fan.Will make it again, may only put half the pineapple juice in to help thicken the sauce some.

Probably my favorite crock pot meal. Making my first of the season this week

Slow-Cooked Beef Minestrone

Ingredients

1 pkg (about 1.6 lbs) Boneless Beef Chuck Roast, cut into 1-inch cubes

Wegmans Pan Searing Flour

2 Tbsp Wegmans Pure Olive Oil

1 pkg (16 oz) Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Minestrone Soup Vegetables

Salt and pepper

1 carton (32 oz) Food You Feel Good About Beef Culinary Stock

1 can (14.5 oz) Wegmans Italian-Style Diced Tomatoes

1 pkg (24 oz) Italian Classics Seasoned Tomato Sauce (Prepared Foods)

1/2 cup dry Italian Classics Ditalini Soup Pasta

1 can (15.5 oz) Italian Classics Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed

1 pkg (5 oz) Food You Feel Good About Baby Spinach

You'll Need: 6-8 qt slow cooker, large braising pan

Directions

Dust beef with pan-searing flour; pat off excess.

Heat oil in large braising pan on MEDIUM-HIGH until oil faintly smokes. Add beef; sear 10 min until all sides are paper-bag brown.

Transfer beef to slow cooker; don't discard pan drippings. Add vegetables to pan with beef drippings; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, 3 min; add to slow cooker.

Add stock, tomatoes, and sauce to slow cooker. Cover, cook 4 1/2-6 hours on HIGH or 8-10 hours on LOW.

Add dry pasta and beans 30 minutes before end of cooking on HIGH (45 minutes before end of cooking on LOW).

Add spinach to slow cooker; stir to blend well. Allow spinach to lightly wilt, about 2 min. 

Option(s):

Use stew beef in place of chuck roast.

The minestrone soup veg is a mix of diced celery, onion, carrots, cabbage, leeks, zucchini, potatoes. Wegmans makes this part very easy. I'd think you could cut out a few and it would still be good; namely the zucchini, leeks, and cabbage.

I had to find out about this so I called her right after posting. She laughed because she was eating it rolled up in a tortilla when I called. Pretty simple. A pound of frozen hash brown -- cubed not shredded, and she microwaves it for a minute to break up the frozen chucks.A half pound cooked breakfast sausage -- links or ground probably doesn't matter but the one my brother loved was her take on Alton Brown's homemade breakfast sausage. She followed his instructions on spices but rather than grind fat back and pork shoulder, she makes it from a pound of ground pork and only uses half in the recipe. She told me to look it up. I haven't.One pound of sharp cheddar cheese cubed like the hash. Toss the above three like a salad to mix evenly and put in crock.In a blender: Put a dozen eggs, a half a stick sliced butter, two teaspoons each salt and pepper, half a bell pepper, a quarter onion, and her secret ingredient, a half a cup sour cream. Blend until bell and onion are thoroughly chopped. Pour into crock. Leave on low 8 hours. :shrug: It's too much for my house. I'm worried doing a smaller batch radically changes the cook time. Any of you in need of such a big breakfast and brave enough to try, please report back.
I really want to want to make this...and it looks very tasty...but that does not look like they healthiest of meals.

Black dot.

Ribs I tried the other day: rack babys, rubbed then soaked overnight in Dr. Pepper. Ribs in crock, bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, low for 8. Tasty.

Made beef stew for the first time ever this weekend. HFS is it good! 8 hours on low with following ingredients:2 lbs. stew beef (cubed)3 celery stalks1 onion2 large potatoes3 large carrots1 McCormick beef stew seasoning packet1 2/3 cups water. Put all veggies and beef in slow cooker. Mix seasoning mix with water. Pour into slow cooker. Done.
Exactly what I came in here looking for. Thanks!Edit to add: Does anyone have a good pulled pork recipe? :P
Pulled pork is easy. I usually throw in a butt or sometimes they have country style ribs for cheap which makes delicious ssndwiches. I usually cut up an onion, jalepeno and half a bulb of garlic with kosher salt/cracked pepper, maybe a little cayanne, sometimes some cumin and cook for ~9 hours on low. Drain the juice into a seperate bowl. Pull the meat and add some of the juice back into the meat (skim the fat first). Sometimes I chop up a handful of cilnatro and mix it in right before serving. Makes good carnitas. I love coming home from work and smelling the porky deliciousness in the garage. I dont sauce so the leftovers are usually turned into enchiladas or quesidillas.

I really want to want to make this...and it looks very tasty...but that does not look like they healthiest of meals.
I made this over the weekend, and realized when I woke up on Sunday that I used a 2lb bag of hash browns, so I got a very potatoey breakfast. Wife and kids ate it, but I think with the correct amounts we would have gone through more of it. As it is, I have been bringing the leftovers for breakfast at work this week.

Rainy day here in Texas, time for some "Texas" Italian soup.

1lb ground beef

Small boiled pasta noodles

2 packages of chicken broth

1 can tomato sauce

1 can tomato paste

2 cans puréed rotel

1 can black beans

1 can corn

1 can hominy

1 can garbanzo beans

2 cans chili beans

Homemade Italian herb blend

4 tbsp taco seasoning

Top with mozzarella.

I just had the best thing I've ever made in my crock pot, hands down. I'll share the recipe with you.

Crock Pot Tri Tip

In a medium sized bowl combine...

1 1/2 cups soy sauce (low sodium otherwise it will be really salty)

1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger

2 tblsp. worcestershire

As much as you can handle chopped garlic

1/2 cup brown sugar

An arseload of fresh cracked black pepper

Chop a half of onion and add to crockpot

add one bay leaf

add one cup of water

Place tri-tip in crock pot

Pour marinade over top

Cook on low for about four hours. The key here is to pull the tri tip out BEFORE it starts shredding easilly. Get it out right when the meat is braised and just starts to pull away from itself with minimal effort

Make sure you strain the onions out to put on top of the meat.
Lazy Man’s Pulled Pork

3 to 5 lb Pork Shoulder

Can of Coke

Dash of Liquid Smoke

Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce

Cook pork shoulder in coke and dash of liquid smoke for 8 hours on low. Drain shoulder, shred, and discard liquid and any fat chunks. Add BBQ sauce and pulled shoulder back to crock pot and cook on low for another 2 hours. Serve on sturdy toasted bun.
Just altered this for a 8lb shoulder. Used 20 oz of coke and actually used a pork rub. Going to let it marinade in the fridge overnight and put it on in the am
I think I just made the best thing ever in the crockpot

INGREDIENTS

[*]1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin

[*]1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix [i used 1/2 tbls of garlic salt, 1/2 tbls of pepper, 1/2 tbls of parsley instead b/c I didn't have this at home]

[*]1 cup water

[*]3/4 cup red wine [i used chicken broth instead b/c i didn't have at home]

[*]3 tablespoons minced garlic

[*]3 tablespoons soy sauce

[*]freshly ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

[*]Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet.

[*]Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat.

[*]Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours.

[*]Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

This just falls apart when you touch a fork to it. I literally stood over the crock pot and ate like 5 or 6 forkfulls before getting the genius idea of scooping some into a tortilla and adding cheese. :homer:

Next, I'll make a sandwich with it, and follow it up with some pork nachos tomorrow.
Cuban Chicken

7 skinless chicken breasts

3 cloves garlic, chopped

1 onion, chopped

1 green bell pepper, chopped

2 bay leaves

2 cans tomato sauce (or one big can)

1/2 tsp cumin

3/4 C raisins

1/2 C pimento olives, sliced

1 tbsp oil

1/2 tsp vinegar

I feel the olives add enough salt for the recipe, but add a pinch more if you feel it is needed. Occasionally I will add red pepper flakes.

Just throw everything into the crock pot for about 3 hours.

Serve over rice.
I'm making a batch of the Lazy Man's Pulled Pork for my draft tomorrow. Every time I've made it I've used Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce. What's the sauce of choice amongst you guys that make this pulled pork??
You will never use anything else, if you like spicey go with more cayenne and black pepperRoxy's Mustard Vinegar Sauce

1 cup apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup Yellow mustard

1/4 cup onion finely minced

2 cloves garlic pureed

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

Combine ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

For a smoother sauce, blend on high for a few minutes.
Bumping some of the best of the first 5 pages.

made this last night and it's easily the best thing I've ever had out of a crock pot.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/slow-coo...tory?id=6905418

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

uncooked traditional lasagna noodles (I used Tinkyada brand)

4 previously cooked chicken breast halves

1 jar of prepared pasta sauce

1 cup buffalo wing sauce

3 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers

1 15-ounce tub of ricotta cheese

2 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella and cheddar blend)

½ cup bleu cheese crumbles

¼ cup of water (add at very end)

Use at least a 5-quart slow cooker, or cut back on the amount of ingredients.

In a large glass bowl, combine cooked and chopped chicken breasts, the pasta sauce, and 1 cup of buffalo wing sauce.

Ladle a big spoonful of the sauce into the bottom of your crockpot. Cover with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. You'll have to break them to get a proper fit.

Add a smear of ricotta cheese to the top of the noodles. Add a layer of chopped bell peppers. Sprinkle on a handful of shredded cheese.

Repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.

Add the bleu cheese crumbles, if desired. Put the ¼ cup of water into your empty pasta sauce jar and shake. Pour the liquid over the top of the entire lasagna.

Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. When cooking time is complete, unplug and take off the lid of the crock. Let it sit for 20 minutes before cutting into it, or it will fall apart.
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/cr...gna-recipe.html
I haven't read through the thread yet but I've been making stuff from Food.com. Some of it's easy and good.

Cream Cheese Chicken

-This is my favorite so far. Very easy but the 7 hour cook time means I can't make this during the week. Served it with rice.

Taco Soup

-Just dump the cans in with your ground beef and in 2 hours you've got a good soup. Some people thought it was too hot so many ease back on the chilies. Best thing about it, it saves well and reheats easily for quick leftover meals.

Ravioli

-Good ravioli when you're in the mood.

Lasagna

-I've made better lasagna but it's ok.

Crock Pot Candy

-Chocolate and peanuts are a good combo.
I just put a variation of these Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs in the crock pot.

Ingredients

10 hot dogs, cut into thirds

15 slices bacon, cut in half

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

Directions

Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each piece of hot dog. Secure the bacon with a toothpick.

Place hot dogs into a slow cooker on low heat. Pour brown sugar over hot dogs, let cook for 5 to 6 hours; until the bacon is cooked.
Instead of the brown sugar, I mixed about 1/4 cup grape jelly, 1/4 cup catsup (fancy) and a healthy dose of cayenne pepper. I've got the heat cranked up to high, so hopefully they'll be done in 3-4 hours rather than 5-6.
I've done this one for the past 5+ years and the kids just love it...

Angel Hair Chicken:

6 boneless chicken breasts

1/2 cup butter

1 (1 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix

1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup

1/2 cup white wine (may substitute water or broth)

4 ounces cream cheese with chives and onions

angel hair pasta (cook according to box directions)

Directions:

1 Place the chicken in crock pot.

2 Melt butter in a saucepan.

3 Stir in Italian salad dressing mix, can of soup, cream cheese & wine(or water or broth). Pour over chicken.

4 Cook on low in the crock pot for 4-5 hours.

5 Pour over cooked angel hair pasta or other noodles or rice.

Enjoy! 6 Makes 6 breasts.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-angel-chicken-163705?oc=linkback
And the best of the rest! (Along with Hawaiian Chicken from near top of this page.

Been following this thread, I think being a bachelor it's time to step into the slow cooker world. If for nothing else, for the fact that the dishes are easy to do afterwards and I'll have have leftovers since I'm cooking for one.

Been following this thread, I think being a bachelor it's time to step into the slow cooker world. If for nothing else, for the fact that the dishes are easy to do afterwards and I'll have have leftovers since I'm cooking for one.
You'll shake your head and wonder why you didn't try it sooner.Easy foods to prepare + leftovers which you can just keep reheating without burning are the big things for me.I urge you to try my meatball recipe in the OP. Follow it to the letter.

Lazy Man’s Pulled Pork3 to 5 lb Pork ShoulderCan of CokeDash of Liquid SmokeCup of your favorite BBQ sauceCook pork shoulder in coke and dash of liquid smoke for 8 hours on low. Drain shoulder, shred, and discard liquid and any fat chunks. Add BBQ sauce and pulled shoulder back to crock pot and cook on low for another 2 hours. Serve on sturdy toasted bun.
So it's been awhile since I've made this, but 1 cup of BBQ doesn't seem like that much for that big of a shoulder. Is everyone following this receipe to a T?
I started cooking this 5 hours ago. Do I need to turn the meat in the crock pot? Or just keep the one side down?

Lazy Man’s Pulled Pork3 to 5 lb Pork ShoulderCan of CokeDash of Liquid SmokeCup of your favorite BBQ sauceCook pork shoulder in coke and dash of liquid smoke for 8 hours on low. Drain shoulder, shred, and discard liquid and any fat chunks. Add BBQ sauce and pulled shoulder back to crock pot and cook on low for another 2 hours. Serve on sturdy toasted bun.
So it's been awhile since I've made this, but 1 cup of BBQ doesn't seem like that much for that big of a shoulder. Is everyone following this receipe to a T?
I started cooking this 5 hours ago. Do I need to turn the meat in the crock pot? Or just keep the one side down?
Made it 4-5 times and have never turned the meat.

Made it 4-5 times and have never turned the meat.
TY

Chicken Breasts

Peeled an apple, sliced it up a ton

BBQ Sauce

little bit of Apple Juice

Brown sugar

Good grief this stuff is delicious. Just finished it, been cooking nearly 8 hours, shredded the chicken and put it back in after 5 .5 hours or so.

Made this yesterday. Simple and delicious.

1 1/2lbs of deli sliced roast beef

3 large jars of beef gravy

Sub/Brat rolls or buns

Very messy. Very good.

Made this yesterday. Simple and delicious.1 1/2lbs of deli sliced roast beef3 large jars of beef gravySub/Brat rolls or bunsVery messy. Very good.
Reminds me of a dish one of my buddies used to make...He takes thawed, uncooked steak-ums, rolls them up with stove-top instant stuffing inside, lays them in a crock-pot side by side, and covers them all with canned beef gravy and cooks.I cant repeat the name he calls them.

Made some awesome cseafoid chowda yesterday. I cheated though because i bought a pre made ingredients box (save clams and shrimp) and I substituted real potatoes for the dried ones. Plus I added some bacon and liquid smoke....

Yum

Users who are viewing this thread