What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Curtis TD (1 Viewer)

thehornet

Footballguy
Does anyone know the official box score on something like this. i think they will and should credit himfor a td, but right now it's being scored as a def/st

Does anyone know the official box score on something like this. i think they will and should credit himfor a td, but right now it's being scored as a def/st
That's crazy. It's a zero-yard offensive fumble recovery TD. It would make zero sense to credit the points to Philly's D/ST.

Just saw the highlight and it was a fumble recovery in the endzone. Could get tricky on you and keep it there as a ST TD.

CBS Sportsline isn't crediting it either. I didn't start him, so it doesn't matter either way for me. Not sure what the rule is on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless your leage rewards points for offensive fumble recoveries, I doubt you are gonna get any points.

It's certainly not a rushing or receiving touchdown.

my league is not set up for TDs like this. it would fall under a offensive fumble recovery TD under the misc. offensive category, use CBS. my opponent has Curtis. I am sure he will raise hell if i win by 5 or less

I'd imagine they will fix it and give the TD to Curtis. That is how I recall it always working in the past.

I'd imagine they will fix it and give the TD to Curtis. That is how I recall it always working in the past.
the TD is given to Curtis but your league has to be set up for offensive fumble recovery for TDs. it is not rewarded as a rush, rec or passing TD

the TD is given to Curtis but your league has to be set up for offensive fumble recovery for TDs. it is not rewarded as a rush, rec or passing TD
i know you guys dont care about me or my league, but do you know if the default scoring on yahoo is set up to award an offfensive fumble recovery for a td or not?

i know you guys dont care about me or my league, but do you know if the default scoring on yahoo is set up to award an offfensive fumble recovery for a td or not?
not sure, play on CBS and MFL

Good news, it looks like the default scoring does award 6 points for an OFF FUM REC. Click settings on your league home page to verify in your league.Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (4)

Interceptions (-1)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-2)

Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Sack (1)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

My CBS league is setup to award 6 pts for offensive fumble recovery TDs in the Misc offense category and CBS still didn't credit Curtis with the TD in the live scoring.

if your league does not score this type of TD(offensive fumble recovery TD), should it be turned over to the league for a vote? our league rules have only be in place for 10 years.

We have never had this issue. We currently recieve points for offensive production only for our players regaurdles of position.

Rush TD

Pass TD

Rec TD

Rush YD

Rec YD

FG

Ext Pt.

2pt Conv.

We don't get any points for Sp. Teams or Def.

What do you think should happen here?

if your league does not score this type of TD(offensive fumble recovery TD), should it be turned over to the league for a vote? our league rules have only be in place for 10 years.
Let me get this straight. Your league has been operating for 10 years, and this is the first time that one of your teams' offensive starters has recovered an offensive fumble for a TD?? :confused:

Yeah, I believe yahoo used to count this as a "return TD" which was always on by default.Now, it looks like they've separated out "kick return TD" and "offensive fumble return TD" into separate categories, with both on by default. Unless your commish specifically changed it (I doubt many would), this should count as a TD.

Let me get this straight. Your league has been operating for 10 years, and this is the first time that one of your teams' offensive starters has recovered an offensive fumble for a TD?? :confused:
probably not but it have never been an issue. but if it is not in the rules when the season starts then the rules are set in stone for that year

if he had recovered at the 1 and run in, it would have been a 1 yd rush TD so this should be a 0 yd TD.
That's not true. :lmao: If he had recovered it at the 1 and run it in, it would have been a 1-yard offensive fumble recovery TD.
couple of weeks ago, one of my WR had like 19 yards but no catches. When i looked it up, it was because he had recovered a fumble and advanced it.

if he had recovered at the 1 and run in, it would have been a 1 yd rush TD so this should be a 0 yd TD.
That's not true. :lmao: If he had recovered it at the 1 and run it in, it would have been a 1-yard offensive fumble recovery TD.
couple of weeks ago, one of my WR had like 19 yards but no catches. When i looked it up, it was because he had recovered a fumble and advanced it.
If the WR recovered a fumble, then he got 19 fumble return yards.If the WR received a lateral after a catch, then he got 19 receiving yards.

If the WR received a lateral after a run, then he got 19 rushing yards.

Perhaps your scoring system does not distinguish between different types of yardage, but most systems do.

That's not true. :goodposting: If he had recovered it at the 1 and run it in, it would have been a 1-yard offensive fumble recovery TD.
If the WR recovered a fumble, then he got 19 fumble return yards.If the WR received a lateral after a catch, then he got 19 receiving yards.

Perhaps your scoring system does not distinguish between different types of yardage, but most systems do.
it was recorded as receiving yards. we use MFL and have special rule for it.Didnt this scenario happen a few weeks ago also?

We have never had this issue. We currently recieve points for offensive production only for our players regaurdles of position.Rush TDPass TDRec TDRush YDRec YDFGExt Pt.2pt Conv.We don't get any points for Sp. Teams or Def. What do you think should happen here?
most sites have a special scoring rule for this type of TD. if your league does not have it set up that way, then you SOL

We have never had this issue. We currently recieve points for offensive production only for our players regaurdles of position.Rush TDPass TDRec TDRush YDRec YDFGExt Pt.2pt Conv.We don't get any points for Sp. Teams or Def. What do you think should happen here?
most sites have a special scoring rule for this type of TD. if your league does not have it set up that way, then you SOL
if your league rules does not have scoring in place for this type of TD than you should not get credit for it. fix your rules next year

CBS users. how is this being scored in your league? is your league set up for offensive fumble recovery TDs?

That's not true. :P If he had recovered it at the 1 and run it in, it would have been a 1-yard offensive fumble recovery TD.

it was recorded as receiving yards. we use MFL and have special rule for it.Didnt this scenario happen a few weeks ago also?
Which WR was it?

CBS users. how is this being scored in your league? is your league set up for offensive fumble recovery TDs?
My CBS leagues are setup for offensive fumble recovery TDs....the TD shows up at the bottom of the live scoring scoreboard on CBS, but the TD still isn't counted in the scoring.

Live scoring did not credit the td, however it has been updated today and the 6 pts are now added to his total.Wait a minute, that was ESPN, not CBS. Sorry.

FWIW, Yahoo IS scoring it as a TD for Curtis, but we play IDP.

In CBS scoring there is a setting for this category. If your league is set up to check the box to allow 6 pts for any offensive player (or can be limited to a WR, RB, or QB) that scores a TD on a fumble recovery than CBS will give you 6 pts. If you have not activated this feature (under "Advanced Scoring Option") than Curtis will NOT get any points. I strongly suggest 0 pts unless your league has this bonus category invoked prior to the season. I also strongly suggest adding it during the off season.

In CBS scoring there is a setting for this category. If your league is set up to check the box to allow 6 pts for any offensive player (or can be limited to a WR, RB, or QB) that scores a TD on a fumble recovery than CBS will give you 6 pts. If you have not activated this feature (under "Advanced Scoring Option") than Curtis will NOT get any points. I strongly suggest 0 pts unless your league has this bonus category invoked prior to the season. I also strongly suggest adding it during the off season.
our league is not set up for this type of TD, only passing, rushing and rec. but the Curtis owner is saying he should get credit because it is an oversight. He and I have played in this league for 10 year, I guess it is an oversight on all accounts.if I change it now, who is to say it would not affect other games from this year. best to let it stay as is and fix next year

Last edited by a moderator:
In CBS scoring there is a setting for this category. If your league is set up to check the box to allow 6 pts for any offensive player (or can be limited to a WR, RB, or QB) that scores a TD on a fumble recovery than CBS will give you 6 pts. If you have not activated this feature (under "Advanced Scoring Option") than Curtis will NOT get any points.
So are people getting credited for this on CBS. Because I believe I have my site setup correctly to award this and its still not showing up for the Kevin Curtis Owner.Under "Scoring for Offensive Categories" I have "IFRTD - Individual Fumble Recovery TD" = 6 points

In CBS scoring there is a setting for this category. If your league is set up to check the box to allow 6 pts for any offensive player (or can be limited to a WR, RB, or QB) that scores a TD on a fumble recovery than CBS will give you 6 pts. If you have not activated this feature (under "Advanced Scoring Option") than Curtis will NOT get any points.
So are people getting credited for this on CBS. Because I believe I have my site setup correctly to award this and its still not showing up for the Kevin Curtis Owner.Under "Scoring for Offensive Categories" I have "IFRTD - Individual Fumble Recovery TD" = 6 points
CBS usually sends out a message about plays like this, it usually appears on the home page Tuesday morning. it typically say come to the affect that the commissioner of the league is responsible for make any changes

In our league, it was not recorded as a score for K Curtis because we do not have Fumble Recovered for TD. We use MFL and it could create problems in determining draft order for next year.

NJ said:
Wilbur Wood said:
I think it's not currently showing on CBS because it's a zero yard recovery for TD - Sportsline wants 1-110 yards to work for the live scoring. They need to change it."Individual Fumble Recovery TD: Scores must be between 1-110"

Users who are viewing this thread