What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cyber warfare (1 Viewer)

What industries are the most prepared and least prepared? Is the adult industry doing their part in securing their systems?

Least:  healthcare, infrastructure

Most:  Financial/Banking, Federal Govt Entities(not related to infrastructure), big technology

But all entities are vulnerable(see JPM), there is no silver bullet for cyber, you do your best and hopefully it's good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
infrastructure/healthcare

both can result in deaths
I can understand the healthcare but I'm struggling to grasp infrastructure. Are you referring to our electricity grid and like stoplights and stuff? Meaning it's possible a cyber attack could dismantle all of it and we'd have no power?

I could be way off. I'm not at all learned in this area. 

Is my crypto safe?

ETA: I have 2FA for withdraws (Google authenticator).  Don't personally care about my bank accounts they are FDIC insured.
Do you have it on your email? Because if hackers can access that they can use the Change Password function to access any account linked to that email. Also, if you use the same password across multiple accounts, if one of them gets compromised that puts them all in danger.

Not trying to single you out, just saying these are common security errors people make. If you leave one tiny window in the basement unlocked, it's often the same thing as leaving the front door open

I can understand the healthcare but I'm struggling to grasp infrastructure. Are you referring to our electricity grid and like stoplights and stuff? Meaning it's possible a cyber attack could dismantle all of it and we'd have no power?

I could be way off. I'm not at all learned in this area. 

correct, grids turned off, hydropower plants etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
Maybe this has been the ultimate goal of Wordle all along
That's the goal of all those online survey type of sites.

"Which kind of Twilight character are you?"

"Find out your political spectrum"

"Which fast food item do you most identify as?"

My phone says I need to restart to finish updating.  Bye guys.  :bye:   :sadbanana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our local hospital network was nearly shut down about 18 months ago due to a cyber attack. As mentioned earlier, all it takes is one dope, one click. And they were already doing the fire drill cyber attacks. 

It was hugely disruptive to care including months of delays to chemo and other unthinkable harms. 

X% of the economy now relies almost entirely on computers that are connected to the internet. Can Russian hackers cause a major disruption to the overall flow of information that impacts businesses and governments?

Our local hospital network was nearly shut down about 18 months ago due to a cyber attack. As mentioned earlier, all it takes is one dope, one click. And they were already doing the fire drill cyber attacks. 

It was hugely disruptive to care including months of delays to chemo and other unthinkable harms. 

X% of the economy now relies almost entirely on computers that are connected to the internet. Can Russian hackers cause a major disruption to the overall flow of information that impacts businesses and governments?
These have been flying under the radar.Not harmful like attacking a medical facility but Kronos was down close to a couple of months. Taking a payroll company down is potentially a real hassle for regular peoples day to day lives

Hilary Clinton openly calling for cyber warfare or cyber vigilantism . I’d rather leave this to the military/gov. This is a slippery slope that could lead to a kinetic war

Users who are viewing this thread