What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas ILBs (1 Viewer)

Hoodoo

Footballguy
For the past few seasons Dat Nguyen has been a mainstay in fantasy IDP leagues. I have him in Dynasty Wars II and while he's not one of the top LBs in the league he is has been a very solid, productive #3 LB. Now with Dallas moving to the 3-4 I'm concerned that his production will drop. I know typically in the 3-4 system the ILBs will rack up a lot of tackles, but with Dallas so far it seems the tackle numbers are much more spread out and the knock on Dat is that he may be too small to play the ILB position. So what do you guys see from Dat this year? Will his numbers stay about the same or drop with the new system. Coincidently I also have Bradie James. I know his production will increase since he didn't start much last year, but will he finally become a viable starter as well and of the two who do you think will be better?

Last I heard DAL was fooling with moving James outside to take Singleton's spot & moving Burnett inside - which he is more suited to, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I heard DAL was fooling with moving James outside to take Singleton's spot & moving Burnett inside - which he is more suited to, IMO.
I heard/read this also (from Bloom's dynasty thread in the Shark Pool, I think). I watched the DAL game the other night and James played ILB.Do you have a link?? A Burnett move inside would make a "blah" an instant "sleeper".

I havent heard this. I have heard James and Nguyen on the inside and Burnett and Ware on the outside. In fact, I have heard nothing but this since day 1 of the offseason.I also dont think that Burnett is more suited to play the inside. He played safety in college and has alot of experience playing over a slot receiver which he would be asked to do at OLB in the 3-4. He is also quicker than Bradie James and I think that he would better serve the Cowboys on the outside than the inside.

The other night Dallas sent Dat on about 3-4 blitzes right up the guts. I don't think you need to worry about his value going down.As for Burnett Bradie and Singleton. Sooner or later the previous 2 will win spots. No clue where. Burnett is a heck of a talent though.

link

excerpt:

Parcells even said this week he has contemplated moving Bradie James from inside to the outside as a possible solution. That would not only give the team more experience there, but James gives the team more speed. However, he's also 6-2, 250, and would fight the same size battles as does Singleton.

it was just parcells thinking out loud - but i think burnett could be fine inside if asked to go there.

linkit was just parcells thinking out loud - but i think burnett could be fine inside if asked to go there.
Not disputing that, I just think the team is better served with Burnett on the outside and James on the inside.

I just think its about time they get Burnett on the field. :D This Singleton stuff is just not going to cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread