What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dan Auerbach vs Jack White (1 Viewer)

Pick One : State your case below

• Total voters
I'm in love with Meg, so I was watching her most of the time. 
Valid point, she was cute. I actually have met 2 of his siblings. One is in some not good bands but also works for one of the top vintage musical equipment companies in the world and his sister is an incredibly respected special education director in wealthy suburb. 

I play guitar (not a maestro by any means) but I can definitely say, having seen jack white / white stripes many times, and hearing all their albums, that Jack is anything but a "mediocre" guitar player.

he's quite good. creativity wise, he's very good.
I play guitar too. Nothing he plays is technically or compositionally difficult. I still enjoy his creativity. I think one can be a mediocre musician but a creative genius. But to each his own.

I play guitar too. Nothing he plays is technically or compositionally difficult. I still enjoy his creativity. I think one can be a mediocre musician but a creative genius. But to each his own.
the real essence of jack comes out in live performance, where he does plenty of jamming/off-the-cuff riffing that really showcases more of his talent.

creativity is where he really excels tho

I'm a huge Jack White fan and I'm definitely biased so you have to take this with a huge grain of salt, that said I think you'll agree

“It Might Get Loud” is an awesome rainy day lazy Sunday watch. It’s also very good on weeknights, weekends, etc.

If you haven’t seen it (and I can’t imagine anyone in this thread who hasn’t), go. Very cool doc with three legends swapping stories and licks.

I've seen Jack a few times and it's always good but I haven't seen him come anywhere close to the insane energy of the early White Stripes shows. And that wasn't so much about his playing as his tones and the presentation of it all. The songs are good and he is a competent guitar player, but what he was doing was about energy, tension and tones. He's branched out and obviously did not want to become a one-trick pony, but that was his best trick. My first White Stripes show could be best described the way Milo Miles described Jerry Lee Lewis' Star Club release - a crime scene. That was kind of the feeling after that Mercury Lounge show. Like wtf did I just witness? And does that guy need a xanax?

I actually prefer Dan's work away from the Black Keys more than Jack's away from The White Stripes.

I've seen Jack a few times and it's always good but I haven't seen him come anywhere close to the insane energy of the early White Stripes shows. And that wasn't so much about his playing as his tones and the presentation of it all. The songs are good and he is a competent guitar player, but what he was doing was about energy, tension and tones. He's branched out and obviously did not want to become a one-trick pony, but that was his best trick. My first White Stripes show could be best described the way Milo Miles described Jerry Lee Lewis' Star Club release - a crime scene. That was kind of the feeling after that Mercury Lounge show. Like wtf did I just witness? And does that guy need a xanax?

I actually prefer Dan's work away from the Black Keys more than Jack's away from The White Stripes.
Great description- those shows were epic

Users who are viewing this thread