What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dance club? (1 Viewer)

MTskibum

Footballguy
I want to take my wife dancing. She was not allowed to go to dances when she was in highschool, I think this would be a fun date night that she would enjoy.

However, are dance clubs places a middle aged couple can go to dance? Anyone go recently?

Do I just Google dance/night clubs and start reading reviews?

I have never been to a club of any type, I was always the person that hated going out to bars/clubs in college.

In larger cities, clubs are usually for the single, younger set. Overcrowded, expensive, loud, and people are generally rude. If your wife is anywhere close to or over a 5, men will be hitting on her non-stop.

Granted, not all clubs are like this. Better to do your homework and visit a few first. You'll really be able to tell what type of experience you are in for by the people milling about right outside the door to the place.

How old are you both? Anything over thirty and you should look really carefully at where you're going. This has the potential to not end well. You're out for an innocent night out to give your wife something she missed out on in her youth. Clubs aren't necessarily places for innocent fun or making memories these days.

Not that anything bad will happen, but I'd really look into seeing if the place you're going is for older people to have a good time dancing.

Not sure what part of Houston you're in but up on the North side (1960) there's a place called Chayn's that has been there for years that is a dance club geared toward an older crowd. It had a reputation as a bit of a meet market but was more accessible to an older crowd.

How old are you both? Anything over thirty and you should look really carefully at where you're going. This has the potential to not end well. You're out for an innocent night out to give your wife something she missed out on in her youth. Clubs aren't necessarily places for innocent fun or making memories these days.

Not that anything bad will happen, but I'd really look into seeing if the place you're going is for older people to have a good time dancing.

Early 40's.

And that is why I am asking here.

Early 40's.

And that is why I am asking here.

Good move that you're trying to find out, but you're likely in the wrong place for concrete advice, though I see Ron Swanson has chimed in with a bolt from the blue, maybe. Good luck, man. Do your due diligence and have a great time.

No Footloose comments yet?

Good for you for doing this, and yeah- look online very carefully for a place where the median age/music works. Wedding DJ music probably will be hard to find though.

I'd do this too, except it's so loud and I hate people.

Eta... Most clubs have different parties/vibes each night, so make sure you check that too

On Rock's recommendation about being careful, even old folks can get roofied. I speak from experience at 48. I have been close to death many times, that one felt the closest.

Eta... Most clubs have different parties/vibes each night, so make sure you check that too
Haven't been to a club in about 25 years, so not really qualified to give advice, but would think that some clubs or bars might have a 'disco night' that would draw the right aged crowd and not be too far from 'wedding music'.

Dance lessons are a good couples activity too. Even if you don't like country, two stepping is an under-rated romantic dance. Your bodies do the talking and if your lady is really into you she will grind on you. It can be like a lap dance with you both standing.

A bar with music might be a better option than a club.

I was thinking the same. Find an upscale bar/lounge that also has a DJ. Clubs now are just a place get bottle service and hang out in sections. Unless you ante up for one, you won't be that comfortable. There's also not much dancing being done - just a a whole lot of folks staring at their phone and flexing that they just paid $1000 for a bottle of tequila.

You ever think about doing dance lessons? Like Tango or salsa or something? I wouldn’t ever consider going to a club, now.

Heck, I hated them back in my 20s, but women love to dance.

This was at the top of the "similar threads"

Older *demented* parents dating/getting remarried (1 Viewer)
I mentioned wedding music in one of the replies. Now that i have mentioned weddings and marriage again the algorithm it uses will always tie these two threads together.

I can manipulate the system :lol:

If you approach it as hey we are gonna go on an adventure, and go to a club, and dance, and be the oldest people there but we don't care as just wanna dance! ---Then you'll have a blast.

Make sure you are good with the music being played. Temple in Denver is a big spot that will be busy every weekend.

Two things came to mind:

(1) If you two can tolerate country/western, couples or line dancing may be a popular feature at a C/W club.

(2) If you’re in a big city, get onto meetup and search out “dance” options/clubs.

There’s some places around here that have 70s night or 80s night and they are clearly going for an older crowd. That’s what you want. You don’t want any place that’s cool.

There’s some places around here that have 70s night or 80s night and they are clearly going for an older crowd. That’s what you want. You don’t want any place that’s cool.
:cry:
The old Wonder Years fact is one that always kills me. The Wonder Years debuted in 1988 and was set in 1968. If we started a similar show today, it would be set in 2004.

The old Wonder Years fact is one that always kills me. The Wonder Years debuted in 1988 and was set in 1968. If we started a similar show today, it would be set in 2004.

Wow. If I ever needed a reality check that I was getting old, this was it.

Wow. If I ever needed a reality check that I was getting old, this was it.
Yeah, I don't like it at all but then sit down with a 16 year old and try to explain the early aughts to them. It's wild. I mean there was no social media, no smart phone and no streaming.

You’re a good man. What kind of dancing/club are looking for?

Ideally a type that plays songs similar to what there would be from a wedding party dj.

What city?

Houston, El Paso, or Denver would be the easiest 3.
I remember Grizzly Rose in Denver being an OK dance place and not uncommon to see older folks there. Been like 20 years since I've been there though so who knows. Also, it's mostly country music so that's something to take into account.

Users who are viewing this thread