What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Danny Amendola > PPR Sleeper (1 Viewer)

Amendola can catch but has no moves, he just gets tackled. If he ends up leading the team in receptions and yards, it is going to be a loooong season in St. Louis IMO.
That's a separate discussion (i.e., are the Rams going to suck or not this season).
I don't think it's separate, if they suck then they'll ride on their future players later in the year. If Amendola isn't stepping up then someone else will get his snaps.
But under the original assumption, he would've been leading the team in receptions and yards? How would this be anything but great for Amendola owners?
Since I'm talking about him in another thread - see, Legedu Naane. He may see more targets early, but if he doesn't do much with them and the team is doing badly he'll yield PT to youth as the season goes on.If the point of this thread is to just pick on the 37 rec projection, I won't disagree with that, I think it's a little light. But even if the 37 is changed to 60 you still don't want him on your team. I think that's a more important takeaway.

last year he had 5 receptions in week 1 before getting hurt. he's their wes welker.
And the OC that used him like Wes Welker went back to Wes Welker's team. Again, I don't know if that matters or not . . .
But, c'mon... 37 receptions?I think that's the main point here.
Maybe the FBG staff thinks Amendola is easily replaceable. The guy caught a lot of balls one year - he didn't do much with those catches. The Rams have other guys that can get open and catch the ball. If those guys can do more once the ball is in their hands wouldn't it be better for the team to throw it to them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amendola can catch but has no moves, he just gets tackled. If he ends up leading the team in receptions and yards, it is going to be a loooong season in St. Louis IMO.
You probably have no idea who their new coaches are, who they drafted, which fa's they signed, which players they get back from injury. You also probably don't realize they were 4 plays from being 11-5 in 2010 either. They aren't nearly as bad as people think. They are going to surprise a lot of people this year.
What the heck are you talking about?
you just made my point
Quite the opposite. Read my initial post again and tell me where you come away with me saying St. Louis is a poor team.
Sorry, I guess I thought you saying it's going to be a loooong season for the Rams was referring to the Rams are going to suck again.

You probably have no idea who their new coaches are, who they drafted, which fa's they signed, which players they get back from injury. You also probably don't realize they were 4 plays from being 11-5 in 2010 either. They aren't nearly as bad as people think. They are going to surprise a lot of people this year.
you just made my point
Quite the opposite. Read my initial post again and tell me where you come away with me saying St. Louis is a poor team.
Sorry, I guess I thought you saying it's going to be a loooong season for the Rams was referring to the Rams are going to suck again.
No worries - I actually think the Rams could be very competitive. I just think there should be far better options that Amendola in the passing game and hopefully he won't be their #1 target, as (IMO) his upside is very limited.

'finito said:
'bulger2holt said:
'finito said:
'bulger2holt said:
'finito said:
'bulger2holt said:
'finito said:
you just made my point
No worries - I actually think the Rams could be very competitive. I just think there should be far better options that Amendola in the passing game and hopefully he won't be their #1 target, as (IMO) his upside is very limited.
Granted, Amendola doesn't have DJax' speed and big play potential from the slot, but Amendola is highly underrated. He is always open, quick as lightening, great hands and always makes plays. He just won't beat you long. Finnagan is having a hell of a time covering him. Finny said he can't how quick Amendola is. If Amandola and Welker traded places, I think you would be surprised how close they are.

Granted, Amendola doesn't have DJax' speed and big play potential from the slot, but Amendola is highly underrated. He is always open, quick as lightening, great hands and always makes plays. He just won't beat you long. Finnagan is having a hell of a time covering him. Finny said he can't how quick Amendola is. If Amandola and Welker traded places, I think you would be surprised how close they are.
He's a good role player, I haven't seen many disagree with that. 5/40 and 6/50 has value in the NFL...just not in our game. That's my issue with Amendola, it'll take a perfect situation for him to be valuable. The league is littered with 'poor man Welkers' and most of those guys don't have much fantasy value. Welker's different than those guys because of what he does after the catch.

'[icon] said:
'Lott said:
Amendola offers very little upside...
On 37 receptions? Really? I'll give you a dollar for every reception below that number he finishes at..... And you give me a dollar for every reception ABOVE that number he finishes at? Deal?As a matter of a fact, let's make it $10 a catch.... Hell...
I think it is likely he gets well more than 37 receptions. I am a Rams fan, I like the guy as a blue collar reliable slot receiver... But even if he gets 85 receptions, he offers very little upside for fantasy. He was WR30 in PPR when he had 85 catches in 2010, WR46 in standard scoring. That isn't a lot of upside.

'finito said:
'bulger2holt said:
'finito said:
'bulger2holt said:
'finito said:
'bulger2holt said:
'finito said:
you just made my point
I think you are seriously under-rating Welker.

Amandola has averaged 4.3 receptions per game since coming into the NFL. So unless people are thinking he isn't healthy, will miss a lot of time, or somehow has gone backwards on the depth chart . . . I agree that only 37 receptions seems low.

'[icon] said:
'Lott said:
Amendola offers very little upside...
On 37 receptions? Really? I'll give you a dollar for every reception below that number he finishes at..... And you give me a dollar for every reception ABOVE that number he finishes at? Deal?As a matter of a fact, let's make it $10 a catch.... Hell...
I think it is likely he gets well more than 37 receptions. I am a Rams fan, I like the guy as a blue collar reliable slot receiver... But even if he gets 85 receptions, he offers very little upside for fantasy. He was WR30 in PPR when he had 85 catches in 2010, WR46 in standard scoring. That isn't a lot of upside.
Agreed... if you're talking about 10 team leagues. I've got a 16 teamer where we play two WR's and a flex, and a 12 team where we start 2RB, 2WR, and 2 Flex. At that point he starts coming into play (deeper leagues). Was just surprised by the low number overall is all. :thumbup:

just gotta find out the average number of targets for slot receivers in the ram's offensive coordinator's offense. then project 70-90% targets for amendola with his ??% catch rate. too much work for me, but if i had hopes for the guy i'd look it up.

He's looking great today.

Now has 19 catches so far in his first 2 games.

Looks like a solid WR2 going forward in PPR.

id say the redskins secondary played a huge role on amendolas performance on sunday.. the skins defense was horrible- they couldnt even put pressure on bradford with them having 3 starts missing from the o line.. i dont see a repeat performance and think that was is his celing for the rest of the season

i dont see a repeat performance and think that was is his celing for the rest of the season
Bold prediction.
OUT ON A LIMB!!!
HAHAHA...15 rec/160yds/1td day might be the ceiling for 90% of the league. We're not talking 6 recpetion for 200 yards, meaning someone caught a 90 yd td in one play. This guy was targeted early and often, goal line td, 3rd and long, 1st and 10, etc...Amendola was targeted 9 times vs DET the week before (5 rec/70 yds). I'd say this guy is ppr gold and if he can stay healthy, will be a top 15 WR in pts (ppr). I'm guessing Larry Fitzgerald owners would be willing to trade for him today.

That's a separate discussion (i.e., are the Rams going to suck or not this season).
I don't think it's separate, if they suck then they'll ride on their future players later in the year. If Amendola isn't stepping up then someone else will get his snaps.
But under the original assumption, he would've been leading the team in receptions and yards? How would this be anything but great for Amendola owners?
Since I'm talking about him in another thread - see, Legedu Naane. He may see more targets early, but if he doesn't do much with them and the team is doing badly he'll yield PT to youth as the season goes on.If the point of this thread is to just pick on the 37 rec projection, I won't disagree with that, I think it's a little light. But even if the 37 is changed to 60 you still don't want him on your team. I think that's a more important takeaway.
:lmao: back-pedaling from 37 to "even 60"...he might reach 60 by mid-season!

id say the redskins secondary played a huge role on amendolas performance on sunday.. the skins defense was horrible- they couldnt even put pressure on bradford with them having 3 starts missing from the o line.. i dont see a repeat performance and think that was is his celing for the rest of the season
So you're saying 15 receptions and 40 fantasy points in PPR is his ceiling?BOLD!

He also led the team in receptions, yardage, and targets week one. Targeted him late in a PPR league, he's easily a WR2 in that format.

i dont see a repeat performance and think that was is his celing for the rest of the season
Bold prediction.
OUT ON A LIMB!!!
HAHAHA...15 rec/160yds/1td day might be the ceiling for 90% of the league. We're not talking 6 recpetion for 200 yards, meaning someone caught a 90 yd td in one play. This guy was targeted early and often, goal line td, 3rd and long, 1st and 10, etc...Amendola was targeted 9 times vs DET the week before (5 rec/70 yds). I'd say this guy is ppr gold and if he can stay healthy, will be a top 15 WR in pts (ppr). I'm guessing Larry Fitzgerald owners would be willing to trade for him today.
This one certainly wishes he'd started Amendola over Fitz :(

Someone in the know (watches alot of the Rams games) is amendola being moved around? where does he line-up?

Can he keep the receptions up all year or are teams going to gameplan on him because he seems to be Bradfords main passing option?

Kid was undrafted(I believe) is he really that fast and has that good of hands or is it just house they are using him in that offense and is Bradfords blanket?

I play ppr and if he will continue to put up wr3 #'s (12-15pts) in a ppr league game in and out ill hold....otherwise I might try to move him for a kenny britt or possibly a bowe.

So you're saying 15 receptions and 40 fantasy points in PPR is his ceiling?BOLD!
thats right

:lmao: back-pedaling from 37 to "even 60"...he might reach 60 by mid-season!
swiiiiiiiiiiiing-and-a-missJust glad I was able to move on from Smith for Hawkins while everyone else was running after Ogletree

Bummer. Hope it's something where he can be back in a couple of weeks to a month at most. He's got talent and heart and is a solid start in PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
'CrazyFox said:
Bummer. Hope it's something where he can be back in a couple of weeks to a month at most. He's got talent and heart and is a solid start in PPR.
Agreed - I don't get to see him play much, but it's hard not to root for this guy. Plays hard and unfortunately has cost him a few injuries the past few years.It's clear how much the team needs him, too, as the passing game was considerably out of sync when he left.Hopefully just a handful of weeks he'll miss.

Man, this guy looks pretty dang good from what I've seen. I totally buy that he's at least as talented as Wes Welker, probably moreso actually

This from ESPN at 1:13 est would indicate better news. I hope it's accurate. This guy is money as a #4 WR in PPR.

Rams general manager Les Snead told ESPN.com's Jeffri Chadiha that the team won't know Amendola's diagnosis until Friday. Snead said Amendola's clavicle doesn't appear to be broken, and he expects him to be able to play again this season.

I'm guessing he's out of commission for a month until after their bye, comes back for the divisional matchup against SF.

He has great talent- he still doesn't get WR1 respect because of the team he's on. If Bradford was a little more accurate, maybe this injury doesn't happen. He was laying out for every play last night.

This from ESPN at 1:13 est would indicate better news. I hope it's accurate. This guy is money as a #4 WR in PPR.

Rams general manager Les Snead told ESPN.com's Jeffri Chadiha that the team won't know Amendola's diagnosis until Friday. Snead said Amendola's clavicle doesn't appear to be broken, and he expects him to be able to play again this season.
That would be awesome. He's worth holding onto if that's true and a you can work around it.

Users who are viewing this thread