What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dare Ogunbowale (1 Viewer)

Looks like he has passed Ellington on the depth chart.

The second quote is from me. I do not know why it wrapped it up inside the first quote. LOL 
This is why I was/am high on him. 

He has to pass Barber who is uninspiring and JAG, and Jones who has been even worse than Barber and doesnt factor in on pass pro/receiving plays

Dare reminds me of Corey Clement, but hes in an offense that'll actually use his strengths

This is why I was/am high on him. 

He has to pass Barber who is uninspiring and JAG, and Jones who has been even worse than Barber and doesnt factor in on pass pro/receiving plays

Dare reminds me of Corey Clement, but hes in an offense that'll actually use his strengths
 And I still agree with the first part, but disagree with the second. I don’t think you can fairly say he is better than  Jones, based on the small sample size /  usage. 

For now he has low and flex appeal as a receiving back on a team that will probably be throwing a lot. 

That said, I think there’s still room for Jones to beat out barber to turn this into a reasonable backfield for fantasy value. 

I think we’re completely in agreement the barber is trash 

I am looking at end of bench guys. Where do you think he ranks among guys who might hold your last roster spot?

2nd QB like Darnold, Allen, Carr?

Other lotto backs like Damien Harris, Malcolm Brown, Crockett, Ito Smith?

Young WRs like the Baltimore rookies, Tre'quan Smith, Deebo?

I don’t think you can fairly say he is better than  Jones, based on the small sample size /  usage. 
I can admit the sample size is low, but he has out performed Jones in 2018 and 2019 so far. Heck Guice out performed Jones in the 2nd half of 2018...

I am looking at end of bench guys. Where do you think he ranks among guys who might hold your last roster spot?

I am not a big fan of Smith (many would disagree; imo Hill is the guy to own) or Brown. I'd put him on the same level as Crockett. if I had to decide between the two I'd probably say Crockett is the better rb, but Dare might be the better ppr fantasy back. I'd have a hard time choosing. I'd probably take Dare if I had to. But that's probably biased due to our histories.

I never puny on a QB2, so that’s out for me. 

Hes behind Tre’quan - I could see him being a lotto ticket to cash this year. 

Probably behind Deebo too. 

He’s ahead of Ito IMO. 

I really want to believe but what’s the realistic opportunity if he ascends to a time share with RoJo or Barber?  Mike Davis production?

Hot Sauce Guy said:
My condolences.

At least you’ll always have the Chucky years (Gruden should send Tony Dungy a fruit basket every year for putting that team together) 

😢
There are worse teams to suffer through. At least we have one super bowl and a historic defense. Guess I’ll have to just settle for that, but it could be worse. 

I really want to believe but what’s the realistic opportunity if he ascends to a time share with RoJo or Barber?  Mike Davis production?
If he is gonna be the dink and dunk guy with TB playing from behind a lot he could realistically put up 60+ receptions. 

youre getting him at the end of the draft (people had no idea who he was when I said his name in my home draft)...

...why not give it a shot? 

Yep - RBBC from hell. 

Unless one somehow outperforms the others behind that raggedy OL, I’d expect this backfield to be a fantasy wasteland all year again. 

But it’s possible one shines & Arians commits. 

Unlikely, but possible. 

Shockingly Dare may be the best bet for points but only on PPR as a weekly dart throw flex at best. And that’s IF Ellington doesn’t make the 53, which I’ve not heard is happening yet. 

Time will tell - maybe one of Barber or RoJo busts a couple big runs. 

The Tampa Bay Times’ Rick Stroud believes coach Bruce Arians will go with the "hot hand" between Peyton Barber and Ronald Jones in Week 1.

Barber is expected to start. We also expect Dare Ogunbowale to be involved, particularly on passing downs. All three backs carry low floors in an offense that hasn't demonstrated the ability to foster a fantasy-friendly rushing attack in quite some time. It wouldn't be shocking at all to see Tampa Bay sign an additional running back after final cuts.

Yep - RBBC from hell. 

Unless one somehow outperforms the others behind that raggedy OL, I’d expect this backfield to be a fantasy wasteland all year again. 

But it’s possible one shines & Arians commits. 

Unlikely, but possible. 

Shockingly Dare may be the best bet for points but only on PPR as a weekly dart throw flex at best. And that’s IF Ellington doesn’t make the 53, which I’ve not heard is happening yet. 

Time will tell - maybe one of Barber or RoJo busts a couple big runs. 
now you get it 

I think Ellington is the clear #4. Barring injuries I’d be surprised if he’s involved at all. May even be cut. 
I agree.

but....

he also goes way back with Arians. 

So if/when that happens, I’ll adjust my outlook. 

For now it’s still kind of a mess, albeit, a mess with some PPR upside. ;)  

i would agree with you about concern over Howard's utiliization. the line is so bad that he's going to be needed to block more than expected. he's going to be an afterthought in passing.
great point.  Howard being a great blocker could screw him for FF.  The TB line is horrible so i fear they may use Howard as a blocker a lot.

great point.  Howard being a great blocker could screw him for FF.  The TB line is horrible so i fear they may use Howard as a blocker a lot.
Plus Brate is still there, too. He always seems to get the inconvenient TD or big day right when you need OJ. 

Signed,

former OJ Howard team-owner. 

And there it is - Bucs just cut Ellington.

glad I’ve got Dare in dynasty & my large roster redraft - Flex-worthy now. 

I know @Dr. Dan‘s pickle is dancing. 

:pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent a good chunk of my BB$ on him in my dynasty leagues. These are 14 teamers with decently deep rosters with taxi squads, but there hadn't been a waiver run in a while and he was by far the most intriguing guy left. I have found in my leagues that using my money decisively early on for a guy everyone wants is more efficient than holding it hoping a guy comes out of nowhere later in the season. We also have free FCFS after waiver run every week, so doing your homework can get you a lot of freebies on the ww as long as you grab them before they actually break out in-season. That always makes me feel more comfortable blowing my BB$ early on. I rarely make it into week 1 with much money left. 

I love that Payton Barber is a total JAG who everyone hates, but Ogunbawale is now the hot pickup with his inferior athletic profile to Barber.  Barber is bigger and has more burst, and he's also the starter. 

They are both slow, Barber is bigger though so he is technically faster when you adjust for size. 

I've met him and he is built like a rock. His sister and him always are one upping each other. His sister is a few steps ahead of him at this point in time though. Something that is not reported is how intelligent he is. He's a smart kid.
He's an awesome kid by all accounts. 

I love that Payton Barber is a total JAG who everyone hates, but Ogunbawale is now the hot pickup with his inferior athletic profile to Barber.  Barber is bigger and has more burst, and he's also the starter. 

They are both slow, Barber is bigger though so he is technically faster when you adjust for size. 
Barber averaged a league worst 3.2 yards per pass play in 2018, per FFI.  Dare looked fast and decisive on 2 pass receptions in the preseason game against Miami. Let's see how Arians uses him.

We’ve seen what Barber can do

Some of us would like to stash someone else at the end of our bench to see what they can do

🤷‍♂️

Barber averaged a league worst 3.2 yards per pass play in 2018, per FFI.  Dare looked fast and decisive on 2 pass receptions in the preseason game against Miami. Let's see how Arians uses him.
In a different offensive system. 

We’ve seen what Barber can do

Some of us would like to stash someone else at the end of our bench to see what they can do

🤷‍♂️
Have we seen what he can do in Arians' offense?  

One was a 8/9 round pick. The other was a last round pick or available for free. 

No

Theyre both dice rolls at this point. Who really cares?
Totally agree.  I was just getting annoyed by the recent "expert" analysis drooling over Ogunbawale while totally dismissing Barber and wanted to rant that Barber is actually less of JAG per athletic profile. 

So maybe Dare is a young, fresh legged version of Barber?  Hello yes i'll take Dare for free off the waiver wire everywhere in dynasty for a quick flip for any 2020 pick at worst.

i dropped Ronald Jones for him. i would take him over all those RBs

So maybe Dare is a young, fresh legged version of Barber?  Hello yes i'll take Dare for free off the waiver wire everywhere in dynasty for a quick flip for any 2020 pick at worst.
2 months younger.   I'd agree if I thought there would be buyers on that. 

Maybe he will get a shot though and somebody will bite. He's getting hype all over the articles and podcasts now. 

Maybe he will get a shot though and somebody will bite. He's getting hype all over the articles and podcasts now. 
Never claimed I thought he had any value, but people are so out on the TB running that they will jump on any glimmer of hope.  Notice I said it's a flip, and yes he is way younger by NFL mileage than Barber is.

We know Barber is pedestrian and largely what he is.  I won't say he stinks, he's a competent football player but why not roll the dice on the devil you don't know?

We know Barber is pedestrian and largely what he is.  I won't say he stinks, he's a competent football player but why not roll the dice on the devil you don't know?
Why do you want to miss on that Barber low RB3 ceiling, bruh?  The comma before "bruh" was the classy, yet sarcastic touch.  It really put it over the top.  5/5

Edit:  I don't own Dare in any leagues BTW, but the flip for a 2020 pick is a must in startups where waivers are still locked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jones showing a pulse yesterday, plus no carries, didn't help Dare's chances at making an impact. I think he's a reasonable drop for one of the week 1 upstarts.

Users who are viewing this thread