What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daryl Smith? (1 Viewer)

Mosscrue

Footballguy
Did anyone watch the last minute of the Cincy v. Jack. game. D. Smith was given credit for a sack. Was this the case? I didn't see him touch Palmer. 2nd and 10 at JAX 45 (1:28) (Shotgun) C.Palmer sacked at CIN 48 for -7 yards (D.Smith). FUMBLES (D.Smith), RECOVERED by JAX-A.Ayodele at JAX 45. A.Ayodele to JAX 45 for no gain (B.Williams).

just watched the highlight of the play in question on ESPN...looked like D Smith did cause the fumble. Not sure how it will be scored, but looked as if he stripped the ball fromPalmer.

Smith caused the fumble. He should be awarded a tackle, a sack, and a forced fumble. I'm sure the NFL stats will reflect it. You league should, too, because it was the right call. It's not like Palmer dropped the ball on his own.

D. Smith touched the ball, but he didn't cause the fumble. Bobby McCray was the one who lodged the ball loose. As a result, I got the win! :lmao: Bobby McCray knocked the ball out of Palmer's hand at the Jacksonville 45-yard line with 1:28 to play. Akin Ayodele, who dropped a possible interception the play before, recovered it. The Jags ran out the clock from there.

D. Smith touched the ball, but he didn't cause the fumble. Bobby McCray was the one who lodged the ball loose. As a result, I got the win! :lmao:

Bobby McCray knocked the ball out of Palmer's hand at the Jacksonville 45-yard line with 1:28 to play. Akin Ayodele, who dropped a possible interception the play before, recovered it.

The Jags ran out the clock from there.
Stats aren't final until Tuesday morning in most cases....don't rub it in until there is a definitive answer! Smith definitely caused that....

D. Smith touched the ball, but he didn't cause the fumble.  Bobby McCray was the one who lodged the ball loose. As a result, I got the win! :lmao:

Bobby McCray knocked the ball out of Palmer's hand at the Jacksonville 45-yard line with 1:28 to play. Akin Ayodele, who dropped a possible interception the play before, recovered it.

Stats aren't final until Tuesday morning in most cases....don't rub it in until there is a definitive answer! Smith definitely caused that....
My gut tells me the official scoring will be changed. :lmao:

Especially since you gloated.

:lmao:

D. Smith touched the ball, but he didn't cause the fumble.   Bobby McCray was the one who lodged the ball loose. As a result, I got the win! :lmao:

Why should you care? You are not in my league. I posted the question to find out what others' thought about the play. I don't feel Smith caused the fumble. As of now, the NFL feels the same. :thumbup:

D. Smith touched the ball, but he didn't cause the fumble.   Bobby McCray was the one who lodged the ball loose. As a result, I got the win! :lmao:

Why should you care? You are not in my league. I posted the question to find out what others' thought about the play. I don't feel Smith caused the fumble. As of now, the NFL feels the same. :thumbup:
Actually, I don't care.I'm an impartial observer. I watched the game and that's the way I believe it should be ruled. But because your getting uptight about it, I hope it is changed so that you lose. :lmao:

Actually, I don't care.I'm an impartial observer. I watched the game and that's the way I believe it should be ruled. But because your getting uptight about it, I hope it is changed so that you lose. :lmao:
Sure. I am uptight about it. What fantasy owner in my position wouldn't be? As any fantasy owner, I want to win every game. I saw the play and don't think Smith deserves a sack. He didn't knock the ball out of Palmer's hand.

I was just saying (indirectly), don't jinx yourself. Been there, done that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Right. I actually responded to my opponent. He passed on 5 email messages claiming victory. I am better off letting my team talk for itself.

Well? How did this turn out? :hot:

Well? How did this turn out? :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread