What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart, RBs, Carolina Panthers (1 Viewer)

I view that as him just saying the right things, looking like a team guy. It's going to take a contract similar or greater than then one Carolina just gave D Will to keep J Stew there next year....and I don't see that happening. They just don't have the $$ to continue paying D Will, start paying J Stew huge dollars, continue paying Tolbert who they just brought it....and start thinking about locking up Cam long term (after next year he'll only have 2 years remaining on his contract).

I view that as him just saying the right things, looking like a team guy. It's going to take a contract similar or greater than then one Carolina just gave D Will to keep J Stew there next year....and I don't see that happening. They just don't have the $$ to continue paying D Will, start paying J Stew huge dollars, continue paying Tolbert who they just brought it....and start thinking about locking up Cam long term (after next year he'll only have 2 years remaining on his contract).
Problem is though, he may not get a very large contract offer from another team in today's passing league - and when RBBC is all the rage. Presumably he'll get some nice offers, but I highly doubt anywhere near what D-Will got.If he doesn't get blown away by another offer, Carolina may indeed be his choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in on DeWill 50DW-25JS-25MT
Stewart was already splitting carries with D-Will last year, and was the main guy on passing downs, so I don't see how D-Will gets that much work at the expense of Stewart. I see Tolbert as less of a factor.In terms of RB touches I see it more as: D-Will 45%, Stewart 45% and Tolbert 10%, give or take.

Ok, well then after this year, even if back in Carolina, he'll be "sharing" the backfield with 30 year old D Williams with a big blocking fullback. This offense produced 2,400+ rushing yards last year, 500+ receiving yards from RBs, with 26 rushing TDs, and had a horrible defense that made them abandon the run earlier than they would have liked.

Even if back in Carolina in 2013+, that's not such a bad thing (especially with the "RBBC rage" in the NFL you brought up). I mean, if he's going to be in any RBBC, why not the one that has the most YPC average and the 3rd most rushing yards with an aging partner in the backfield?

In terms of RB touches I see it more as: D-Will 45%, Stewart 45% and Tolbert 10%, give or take.
In total touches (with J Stew being the better receiver), I'm going more like 50%, 40%, 10%. That may seem very low for Tolbert, but keep in mind there were 368 "touches" by RBs in this offense last year (with a horrible defense that couldn't get off the field). Even if that number doesn't go up, that's still 2-3 touches per game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, well then after this year, even if back in Carolina, he'll be "sharing" the backfield with 30 year old D Williams with a big blocking fullback. This offense produced 2,400+ rushing yards last year, 500+ receiving yards from RBs, with 26 rushing TDs, and had a horrible defense that made them abandon the run earlier than they would have liked. Even if back in Carolina in 2013+, that's not such a bad thing (especially with the "RBBC rage" in the NFL you brought up). I mean, if he's going to be in any RBBC, why not the one that has the most YPC average and the 3rd most rushing yards with an aging partner in the backfield?
You are mixing in Newton's stats here, though. Considering RBs only, here is how Carolina ranked last year:15th in rushing yards (1632)tied for 14th in rushing TDs (11)16th in receiving yards (576)tied for 22nd in receiving TDs (1)I think you overstated just how good this situation is or will be for RBs.

Users who are viewing this thread