What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DeAngelo Williams (1 Viewer)

EBF

Footballguy
5'8.4", 208 poundsThe numbers could be a lot worse, but this doesn't exactly fit the 5'10" 220 that people were throwing around.

5'8.4", 208 pounds

The numbers could be a lot worse, but this doesn't exactly fit the 5'10" 220 that people were throwing around.
I had seen 5' 9" 209, so this seems about right.

Also worth noting is that Jerome Harrison came in at 5'9" 196, which seems to put a serious dent in his odds of becoming a featured runner in the NFL.

Its not far off. An inch and a half shorter and 12 pounds lighter. Normally a RB at 5'9" I want to weigh at around 215 not 220. Shorter players can pack more muscle into their total weight. Young men coming out of college usually have room to grow. Nowadays we see scouting reports that tend to say when a player's frame is capable of supporting more bulk without losing burst. I dont know the science on how they come up with that but it details more than height. I've noticed that backs tend to play their best several pounds under the maximum weight their frame can support. If the report comes out and says his frame can support 10-15+ more pounds he should be able to bulk up to 215 and play just as good.

5'8.4", 208 pounds

The numbers could be a lot worse, but this doesn't exactly fit the 5'10" 220 that people were throwing around.
As you said, not ideal, but nothing to downgrade him either.His playing style is a nice mix of Clinton Portis (5-11, 205) and Brian Westbrook (5-8, 205) who both happen to be in that same area of size as well.

Julius Jones (5-10, 211) and Tiki Barber (5-9, 200) are two other guys that he has similar height and weight measurables to (for those needing to get a visual of what 5-8, 208 pounds is)

5'8.4", 208 pounds

The height and weight is fine, shouldn't hamper his draft slot at all IMO.

5'8.4", 208 pounds

At that weight he needs to run close to a 4.4. If he runs a 4.5 he should still go in the first round, but not top 5 like people are predicting.

5'8.4", 208 pounds

At that weight he needs to run close to a 4.4. If he runs a 4.5 he should still go in the first round, but not top 5 like people are predicting.
Similar situation to Caddy last year. Not quite as talented IMO.

5'8.4", 208 pounds

:shrug: I've never predicted him that high, IMO he's a late 1st already.

5'8.4", 208 pounds

:shrug: I've never predicted him that high, IMO he's a late 1st already.
Top 5 was an exaggeration, but I have seen mocks with him as the #2 RB in the draft and going to the Packers or Cardinals.

5'8.4", 208 pounds

Hah! I forget who I argued with, but I guessed he was 5-8 and 205 when the other insisted on 5-10 217. Hah!Also, Cutler came in an inch and a half short. :mellow:

Really, what's the point of lying about their height? Do they spend the whole season hoping they'll grow?

Whats interesting to me is the ht/wt of a couple of the top tackle prospects, Ferguson(6'5, 297), Colledge(6'4 295), and Winston(6'6, 302). Even Jon Scott, 6'6 310, is lighter than I thought.

Whats interesting to me is the ht/wt of a couple of the top tackle prospects, Ferguson(6'5, 297), Colledge(6'4 295), and Winston(6'6, 302). Even Jon Scott, 6'6 310, is lighter than I thought.
Ogden was 6-9 and 310 at this point. The OLs absolutely pack on more beef in the NFL weightroom. Well, except for those asked to lose weight. Looks like O'Callaghan and Trueblood have been dieting. Those numbers are all fine. No worries.

what are good hand measurements?
Just as a point of reference...RB Ricky Williams was considered to have small hands, and I believe they measured in at 8 3/4".I'd guess that scouts would prefer larger hands (9 1/2" +?) if possible (especially for WRs), though Ricky has proven even small hands can be productive in the NFL... :)

what are good hand measurements?
Just as a point of reference...RB Ricky Williams was considered to have small hands, and I believe they measured in at 8 3/4".I'd guess that scouts would prefer larger hands (9 1/2" +?) if possible (especially for WRs), though Ricky has proven even small hands can be productive in the NFL... :)
Edge's hands were .5 inches bigger than Ricky, which was one reason they took Edge ahead of RW.I think WIlliams and WHite will jockey for the RB2 spot up until draft time.

Last edited by a moderator:
5'8.4", 208 pounds

As you said, not ideal, but nothing to downgrade him either.His playing style is a nice mix of Clinton Portis (5-11, 205) and Brian Westbrook (5-8, 205) who both happen to be in that same area of size as well.

Julius Jones (5-10, 211) and Tiki Barber (5-9, 200) are two other guys that he has similar height and weight measurables to (for those needing to get a visual of what 5-8, 208 pounds is)
I'm not saying Williams won't succeed, but a lot of people were touting his size as an advantage over Bush. I think they were mistaken and I think this is the first piece of evidence on the matter. The next bit of evidence will be Bush's height/weight. I think he'll check in at 5'11" 215. Anyhow, Williams is definitely still big enough to carry the load at the NFL level, but he'll be on the small size of the spectrum. I'll wait until more Senior Bowl and combine news comes in before I consider moving him around in my rankings, but I stand by my declaration that he's been overrated by pundits and that he'll be drafted behind White (and maybe even Maroney).

Bush at 5'11, 215? That's shorter and heavier than I think many people are expecting.
Yea I know, but that's what I think he'll check in at. After looking at clips of Williams I kept saying to myself that there's no way in Hell he weighs 220 pounds. Sure enough, he's smaller than his listed size.I think the opposite is true of Bush. He looks pretty jacked up and I'll be very surprised if he's the 200 pounds that he's commonly listed at. Something in the 208-216 pounds range seems about right to me.

I think he's a victim of the Cadillac Williams/Kevin Jones syndrome where people look at him as a freshman and then label him undersized without realizing that he's packed on some pounds since he first arrived on campus. Like Caddy and KJ before him, I expect Bush to surprise some people with a higher weight than is expected.

I actually found Bush to look a lot smaller than I expected during the Rose Bowl. I see a lot more Peter Warrick, Warrick Dunn in him (like, uh, Peter Warrick DUnn) :lol:

Bush at 5'11, 215? That's shorter and heavier than I think many people are expecting.
I thought he was 6 and 205?
like DeAngelo, I think Reggie is a little shorter than reported. He's 5-11. He also weighed in at the Rose Bowl. Dan Fouts was there and said he was "over 200 pounds". I suspect the 205 is right. 5-11 205, 20 years old-- Identical to Tomlinson when he was 21.

Let's not forget that players have just finished a season, and its hard to hold weight on during practice and games. Typically, a player will lose weight from week one on. Especially starters. Then, this offseason, they'll put on 10 pounds. Lose 5 next season. Put on 10 that offseason and so on until they reach their max or ideal NFL weight. I wouldn't be suprised to see 212 now be 216-217 by the combine.

5'8.4", 208 pounds

DeAngelo is going to have to bulk up for his pro day weigh in and still show great speed to be anywhere close to a top 10 player many scouting pundits have projected. More likely, Williams is a mid first rounder and goes third behind LenDale and Bush.

5'8.4", 208 pounds

DeAngelo is going to have to bulk up for his pro day weigh in and still show great speed to be anywhere close to a top 10 player many scouting pundits have projected. More likely, Williams is a mid first rounder and goes third behind LenDale and Bush.
Don't misinterpret this, I like D-Will a lot, but would you really take him over Greenway, Santonio Holmes, Hali, Youbooty or Ko Simpson? Especially given the FA's that should be on the market this year? Ahman, Edge, Davenport, maybe Jamal, Taylor, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread