What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Demarco Murray (3 Viewers)

I took Murray w/ my last pick as a flyer and have kept him stashed - keeper league so that was the main intent - but I think he'll turn out to be the top pick up in the 2nd half of the season, especially come December. The Cowboys have been slowly working him in, and its clear Felix won't stay healthy, while Choice is on his way out or at least in disfavor. All signs point to good things from Murray.

Agree....I thought he looked good too. Not a ton of running room, but showed some strength with some broken tackles and seems to have a decent burst.

Murray can't catch. Dallas isn't much of a running threat anyway. At least Felix can catch the ball out of the backfield.

This kid is going be REALLY good. Murray is fast, runs hard, & is a terrific pass-catcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
This kid is going be REALLY good. Murray is fast, runs hard, & is a terrific pass-catcher.
Were you watching the game? He couldn't even catch an easy 5 yard screen pass.
In college, Murray caught: 14, 31, 41, then 71 passes over his 4 years. He caught for over 500 yards both his junior and senior years for 4 and 5 TDs respectively. I thought coming into the league, pass catching would be the main reason he would catch on as a very talented 3rd down receiving back. Looks like I may have underestimated his ability to be an every down back.

I've said it day one when the Cowboys draft Murray and I'll say it again, he was drafted to take over the backfield. He'll be the featured back soon enough, bank on it!!

So basically this backfield is a huge RBBC mess.
If Jones is out and Choice gets traded, then Murray will basically not have any competition for carries.
if Jones is out for multiple weeks, then they won't give the backfield to two rookies - Romo would get killed . . .
As bad as Murray owners want him to be something great I don't see how it gets away from RBBC for the reason you stated.

Tashard Choice is not beloved in Dallas...but the coaches trust him in pass protection, 3rd down and short yardage. I imagine a 50/50 split in the backfield for now...a backfield which is producing next to nothing as a whole.

If Jones is out and Choice gets traded, then Murray will basically not have any competition for carries.
if Jones is out for multiple weeks, then they won't give the backfield to two rookies - Romo would get killed . . .
As bad as Murray owners want him to be something great I don't see how it gets away from RBBC for the reason you stated.
If Felix is out and Choice gets traded, who do they have left besides Murray?

If Felix is out and Choice gets traded, who do they have left besides Murray?
Tanner . . .

We'll find out soon enough if Murray is worth the hype. Pretty excited to see what he does.
I thought they said Felix was "OK"? I realize he didn't come back into the game, but I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe he'll be out next week.

We'll find out soon enough if Murray is worth the hype. Pretty excited to see what he does.
I thought they said Felix was "OK"? I realize he didn't come back into the game, but I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe he'll be out next week.
Jones has a high ankle sprain - will probably miss multiple weeks.Edited to add: According to Jerry Jones, Felix has a high ankle sprain. Haven't seen it addressed by anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jones has a high ankle sprain - will probably miss multiple weeks.Edited to add: According to Jerry Jones, Felix has a high ankle sprain. Haven't seen it addressed by anyone else.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7112211/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-says-felix-jones-hurt-ankle-bill-nagy-likely-season
Running back Felix Jones suffered a high-ankle sprain in the first half and didn't play the rest of the game. Jerry Jones said Felix Jones most likely will miss next week's game against the St. Louis Rams.

Is Murray a must add for Felix owners, or is this a RBBC to avoid altogether?
Was a must add on draft night, if one took the plunge w/Felix. There was buzz here in the preseason that it would be Murray, and not Choice, when (not IF) Felix went down.Definitely a guy to scoop, even for non-Felix owners ... looking forward to seeing him with a whole week to prepare as #1 back, at home vs. St. Louis.

Murray was 10-32 rushing and 1-7 receiving today. What am I missing that makes him so great?
Until I saw this post I had no idea his numbers were so pedestrian. He looked good on several runs. I'd expect better against the weak Pats D though.
One of the many reasons why pure numbers aren't a good indicator of talent.
Looks like he was 2 for -3 on the next to last drive when they were just trying to run the clock out. That would explain why his final numbers didn't match up with what I saw on the field.

Murray was 10-32 rushing and 1-7 receiving today. What am I missing that makes him so great?
You are missing nothing. Stay away from the Dallas, Cleveland, Washington, New Orleans, or NE backfields. Much easier that way. Fantasy mud.
fixed
Sproles says hello in PPR :bye:
:goodposting:

I'd rather have Sproles than any other NO back in PPR leagues this season.. That won't likely be the case forever though.

'Dought Man said:
'KingPrawn said:
You are missing nothing. Stay away from the Dallas, Cleveland or Washington backfields. Much easier that way. Fantasy mud.
this post makes the most sense..Murray could be the next Emmitt Smith for all we know, but Garrett seemingly won't use him , or anyone else for that matter, as a featured RB..this is the ugliest RBBC ever..

and you can't trust Shanny or any RB in the Browns backfield...

'Football Jones said:
'SacramentoBob said:
'KingPrawn said:
Until I saw this post I had no idea his numbers were so pedestrian. He looked good on several runs. I'd expect better against the weak Pats D though.
One of the many reasons why pure numbers aren't a good indicator of talent.
But it is THE indicator of how many fantasy points your team is awarded :)Overall, Murray is averaging 2.96/carry. I am open to "some" hype based on opportunity but the general vibe in here as if he is a superstar ready to break out smells very "ben tate-ish", except Tate is a much better player/scenario combo. People have to keep in mind that, if nothing else, if the Cowboys do not trade choice, he is going to be sharing time because he can pass protect. We are not going to be looking back at this in a month and pointing it out as one of those moments that swung the season for FF owners.

'Craig_MiamiFL said:
'ponchsox said:
'Football Jones said:
Were you watching the game? He couldn't even catch an easy 5 yard screen pass.
So he caught 71 passes at Oklahoma last year by accident I suppose...
LOL, exactly what i was thinking, they must've used velcro balls and jerseys and the ball just stuck to his uniform 71 times

Users who are viewing this thread