What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dennis Farina Dies (1 Viewer)

"Shut up and sit down, you big, bald ####. I don't like leaving my own country, Doug, and I especially don't like leaving it for anything less then warm sandy beaches, and cocktails with little straw hats."

RIP Cousin Avi.

Yes, London. You know: fish, chips, cup 'o tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary ####### Poppins... LONDON.

He will be missed. :(

Ray "Bones" Barboni: Let me explain something to you. Momo is dead. Which means that everything he had now belongs to Jimmy Cap, including you. Which also means, that when I speak, I speak for Jimmy. E.g., from now on, you start showing me the proper ####### respect.

Chili Palmer: "E.g." means "for example". What I think you want to say is "I.e.".

Ray "Bones" Barboni: Bull####! That's short for "ergo".

Chili Palmer: Ask your man.

Bodyguard: To the best of my knowledge, "e.g." means "for example".

Ray "Bones" Barboni: E.g., i.e., #### you! The point is this: is that, When I say "jump", you say "OK", okay?

"you going to tweet that Billy"

:lmao:

loved that commercial

Something to declare? Don't go to England!! R.I.P. Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
"You and that other dummy better start getting more personally involved in your work, or I'm gonna stab you through the heart with a ####in' pencil. Do you understand me?"

RIP

My better halfs (late)uncle worked with him when he was a chicago cop. Personified the stereotypical Paisano mafioso type. RIP.

For a second I thought this was Billy Batts.

Turns out it's the guy from Snatch, which is a bummer. That guy was great.

"Shut up and sit down, you big, bald ####. I don't like leaving my own country, Doug, and I especially don't like leaving it for anything less then warm sandy beaches, and cocktails with little straw hats."

RIP Cousin Avi.
:goodposting:

My favorite role of his.

RIP

Serrano: "I'm finally in the presence of greatness, huh? The Duke. The guy that steals money from the scum of the earth and gives it to the unfortunates of the world. I wanted to meet you face-to-face. Did you actually think you were gonna steal my money and get away with it? I stopped by here to tell you two things. Number one is that you're gonna die tonight. Number two, I'm gonna go home, have a nice hot meal, I'm gonna find your wife, and I'm gonna kill her too."

I'd see him play a few Pro-Ams here where I live. Nice guy. Liked him since Crime Story. This sucks. RIP.

Everyone from the Get Shorty cast is either dying or getting caught rubbing their wiener on masseuses. Rene Russo please take cover.

"Blagged? Speak English to me, Tony. I thought this country spawned the ####### language, and so far nobody seems to speak it."

He was also decent as the cop on L&O who had to replace Lenny Briscoe. There was one confrontation he had with the ever sanctimonious Jack McCoy that was brilliant.

Jimmy Serrano: Don't say a word to me, Sidney, don't say a ####### word to me. I'll get up and I'll bury this telephone in your head.

RIP

"Have you spoken with Mr. Palmer since your husband blew up?"

"I pretended I was you. I acted real stupid and they believed me."

R.I.P.

I had a gig where all I had to do was shoot golf balls going into the green with a video camera, to document if by chance someone hit a hole in one. There was prize money at stake, and no one won it. All kinds of celebs were playing the Pro-Am, and Farina was with a group with another actor and a couple of others. While they took their turns putting, Farina watched one of the balls break, and said with that great Chicago accent "Did you see how that ###### ball moved?". He talked to me for a bit and asked why there was a camera there. Real super cool guy. The kind of guy you liked to be around. He had a great life, from being a Chicago cop to a Hollywood actor. He was a genuine guy. One of the very few celebs I have met that I can say that about.

Anybody else check to see if tonight's Family Guy was a repeat after hearing Dennis Farina's cameo?

Just saw him in an episode of Miami Vice from 30 years ago.

RIP Dennis
I missed his time on "Law & Order". I had sort of drifted away from the show, and watched other things. TNT shows the reruns late at night, and I finally got to see his work. He was just a good solid actor. The material he was given was straight-forward and driven by plot rather than character development, but even so he had a presence about him. He and Jesse L. Martin worked well together.

Just saw him in an episode of Miami Vice from 30 years ago.

RIP Dennis
I missed his time on "Law & Order". I had sort of drifted away from the show, and watched other things. TNT shows the reruns late at night, and I finally got to see his work. He was just a good solid actor. The material he was given was straight-forward and driven by plot rather than character development, but even so he had a presence about him. He and Jesse L. Martin worked well together.
Yes. I liked the backstory they gave him without too much explanation: that he drove a Mercedes with gull-wing doors, had expensive suits and shoes, and was (IIRC) like Farina an ex-Chicago cop.

Users who are viewing this thread