What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

desperation moves... whatcha got? (1 Viewer)

da_budman

Footballguy
I cant believe I am even considering this but as bad as my Puka/ Kupp combo has been lately I am strongly considering benching one of them for.... AT Perry. Of course I will end up benching the wrong one ( not that there has been such a thing lately) ughhhh desperation sucks.

I just picked up Flacco in my 12 team super flex league after loosing both Daniel Jones and Burrow. that’s as desperate as it gets Imo. Likely not starting a QB in superflex this week with that option, but I have Sam Howell (my only remaining QB) on a bye next week so need a warm body to start.

With Kincaid on bye, I picked up both Freiermuth and Taysom. If Aaron Jones doesn't play this week, I'm considering starting both of them, one in my flex position. Best alternative would probably be Curtis Samuel

My TEs (Henry & Parham) are total poop.

A deep PPR dynasty league, but I've found a satisfying (yet extremely limited) level of consistency with Tanner Hudson in Cincy. 4 straight games with at least 4 receptions. It's not much, but it's better than risking putting up a 0-2 point stinker from most other guys.

Seems like TE week from hell, especially in TE premium leagues.

I'm rolling out Kraft and Juwan in multiple leagues. Logan Thomas as well who seems to be petering out.

It's the playoffs in FFPC, which is TE premium, and several teams I'm facing have no active TE before waivers run tonight and one guy has Schultz who I think is a legit concern to miss. Some of these teams I'm facing are likely eyeballing the likes of Brevin Jordan or Ruckert as their desperation play becaus there is just nothing much with a pulse left. I'm actually trying to block some of them from even having that option, bwahahaha, and will even consider starting Jordan myself in a league if Schultz ends up missing.

With Kincaid on bye, I picked up both Freiermuth and Taysom. If Aaron Jones doesn't play this week, I'm considering starting both of them, one in my flex position. Best alternative would probably be Curtis Samuel
I’m likely starting Taysom in my flex spot in two leagues as well.

I’m in a do or die situation and I need big upside. It’s not over anyone special though.

I cant believe I am even considering this but as bad as my Puka/ Kupp combo has been lately I am strongly considering benching one of them for.... AT Perry. Of course I will end up benching the wrong one ( not that there has been such a thing lately) ughhhh desperation sucks.

I'm looking at Perry, Dotson, or Spears for 2 flex spots. Gross.

Seems like TE week from hell, especially in TE premium leagues.
Dynasty league, I am in the hunt.

Waller Musgrave Dulcich on IR. Kincaid on a bye.

Traded Miles Sanders and Dobbins for T. Lockett and Taysom Hill (and an early 2 next spring).

Definitely a desperation move, but I kinda wanted to unload those guys s anyhow, but I didn't get much for them.

Only dynasty.
League where I’m trying to make the playoffs I didn’t plan IDP well and have a few on bye. So had to pick up Jerome Baker and Elandon Roberts. We only start two at each plus a flex. I guess that isn’t horrible.
League where I’m definitely not;

LINEUP
STARTERSOPPONENT
Payton, Sean DEN Coachat Texans Sun 12:00 p.m. CT
Tannehill, Ryan TEN QBvs Colts Sun 12:00 p.m. CT
Williams, Javonte DEN RBat Texans Sun 12:00 p.m. CT
Brooks, Jalen DAL WR (R) vs Seahawks Thu 7:15 p.m. CT
Parker, DeVante NEP WRvs Chargers Sun 12:00 p.m. CT
Philips, Kyle TEN WRvs Colts Sun 12:00 p.m. CT
Westbrook-Ikhine, Nick TEN WRvs Colts Sun 12:00 p.m. CT
Hudson, Tanner CIN TEat Jaguars Mon 7:15 p.m. CT
Okonkwo, Chigoziem TEN TEvs Colts Sun 12:00 p.m. CT
Ryland, Chad NEP PK (R)

Dynasty. Not a desperation on my part, but my opponent for the week.

Have the #1 seed clinched. Traded DHenry (I have CMC, Etienne, JJacobs, Barkley) to my opponent this week for JSN. Opponent is tied with 3 others for last playoff spot and had bye week issues at RB.

In a keeper league with short benches where I'm a playoff bubble team, I didn't really look at my bye week situation until this week and realized I can't field a full lineup -- I have holes at WR x2, plus K and DEF. My options would be to either drop Jordan Addison, which I obviously don't want to do, or to drop Joe Burrows or Anthony Richardson, who could have trade value next summer. (No IR slots in this league.)

So my working plan is to leave my kicker slot blank and hope I don't need it one way or another, with the idea being to add a kicker later on Sunday if it looks like that spot will play. The old strategic zero move.

Have the #1 seed clinched. Traded DHenry (I have CMC, Etienne, JJacobs, Barkley) to my opponent this week for JSN. Opponent is tied with 3 others for last playoff spot and had bye week issues at RB.
Curious, is this a 10 team league? How many RBs do you have to start?

I’m weak at TE (Logan Thomas) and stashed Waller on IR with a prayer he comes back by the playoffs.
Did the same after I lost Andrews. I had been assuming I would use Freiermuth until then, but then I "lucked out" and got Likely on waivers last week; if I had just stuck with 'Muth I would have won my matchup. This week I did pick 'Muth up without dropping Likely, so now I have three TEs on my roster, two of whom are on bye, and one of those is on IR.

Oh, and by next week I will have to drop one of them because two of my three RBs (B-Rob and Conner) are on bye and I only have Kyren. Best options on the WW are probably Herbert, Roschon or Justice Hill. Of course, if Tee Higgins doesn't return this week, I will have to drop Likely and pick up a WR from either Arizona (Wilson, Moore or Dortch) or LAC (Palmer or Guyton). Then again, Higgins plays on MNF, so if I take a chance and then he ends up being a late scratch, my only options will be one of the Cinci TEs.

Amazingly, this is the highest scoring team in the league, though I'm currently 5-7 and in 7th place (eight make the playoffs).

Sorry-not-sorry for turning this into the venting thread

Curious, is this a 10 team league? How many RBs do you have to start?
14 team league (31st year of the league)

We can start various lineups, but basically 5 Flex spots. If you start 2 RB (Max of 3 RB) you must start a TE

FFPC Playoffs, 1st Rd, must win this week to make $ and play/win in Week 14 to advance to the Championship Bracket.

Here's my stable of RB:

AJones (unlikely to play)

Tyjae Spears
Tyler Algeier
Damion Pierce
Rico Dowdle
Antonio Gibson
D'Ernest Johnson

...and that's after I picked up Johnson last night during FAAB (dropped Bigsby). Waiver Wire picked clean to the bone.

Feeling fortunate I only have to start 2.

Think that's bad? My QB platoon: Minshew/Pickett/Geno.

In my favor, my WR/TE/PK/D-ST are very solid, and my opponent appears to be in even worse shape than I am.

LFG!!!

I don't have a lot of chips to move, but I'm making a play for Deebo. I'm in a desperate must-win situation and need a HR hitter this week. He's as good as anyone I'm going to get with the magic beans I have to offer.

Starting AT Perry if Higgins is still out. 😬
What are you doing if you don't know Higgins' status by Sunday?
In the leagues I commish we have a weekly contingency thread where you can start player x for player y if player y is out. All the commish has to do is swap them out if player y is OUT. It must be posted before both players play obviously. We also do this in another league I don't commish.

In the leagues I commish we have a weekly contingency thread where you can start player x for player y if player y is out. All the commish has to do is swap them out if player y is OUT. It must be posted before both players play obviously. We also do this in another league I don't commish.
I wish this league had that. :kicksrock:

Fortunately
Tee Higgins (hamstring) practiced on Thursday.
Higgins is dealing with a hamstring injury that has sidelined him each of the last three weeks. A return to practice on Thursday is a step in the right direction and could signal a return as early as this week. We’ll see how he fares over the next two days, but his return will be a welcomed addition to a Bengals offense that’s short on playmakers — particularly at quarterback. If he’s active against the Jaguars, Higgins will be hard to trust as anything more than a WR3 with Jake Browning at the helm.

A good sign

Suggest it in the off-season. It works wonderfully. It helps teams from taking a ZER0.

Starting Perry & shaking my fist, cursing the empty void.
:rant:
Yeah, obviously I'm hoping that we know something before Sunday afternoon, but as long as I think there's a decent chance he's out there, I'll probably roll with him, just because the alternatives are so much worse

Starting Perry & shaking my fist, cursing the empty void.
:rant:
Yeah, obviously I'm hoping that we know something before Sunday afternoon, but as long as I think there's a decent chance he's out there, I'll probably roll with him, just because the alternatives are so much worse
He returned to practice today. So that’s a start.

Taysom Hill is the #6 TE in my main league (non PPR) and Kincaid is #13...hardly a desparation move. I can't believe he wasn't already rostered.

Because Perry scored a whopping 1.7 last week ? I mean if you were benching them for Nico Collins or Tank Dell ok they have been doing something but for AP Perry ? Come on man.

Hardly desperation Freiermuth coming off 21 pt game and Hill has scored double digits in 5 of his last 6

Guy I’m playing has 7 players on a bye. His starting RBs are Michael Carter & Trey Sermon.

I laugh, but then I realize I'm in pretty much the same position if in one league Achane doesn't play. I took a look at the RB rankings and paged down and down, and then down some more before finding Lynn Bowden (???), Carter, D. Johnson, Jamaal Williams, McLaughlin, and McKinnon. I think I'll just take my chances with McKinnon.

Hardly desperation Freiermuth coming off 21 pt game and Hill has scored double digits in 5 of his last 6
I just meant starting a TE at flex, which I generally avoid doing

So I lost JBurrow, JFields is on a bye, p/u JLove on waivers but hate his matchup w/KC, and seriously considering KPickett @ home vs a soft 'Zona Def... :wall:

14 team league. James Cook, Hock and Jefferson on bye. Olave probably out. Josh Palmer still out.

Firing up AT Perry, Greg Dortch and Hunter Henry :sick:

Fortunately Achane is playing at least or it would have gotten even uglier

Because Perry scored a whopping 1.7 last week ? I mean if you were benching them for Nico Collins or Tank Dell ok they have been doing something but for AP Perry ? Come on man.
No because he came in the game before that when Thomas went down and filled in nicely and should be in line for a start based on injuries. He plays against the detriot defense who is close to the bottom vs the pass. Meanwhile lets not pretend Kupp hasnt been AWFUL the last 5 weeks where his best score was 5.9. Oh and he plays against the #2 pass defense in Cleveland.... Having both Kupp and Nacua playing against such a tough defense just seens like a terrible Idea. If I had a better option I would definitely play them. Its called a desperation play for a reason.

Suggest it in the off-season. It works wonderfully. It helps teams from taking a ZER0.
We did this during Covid only for Covid reasons. If a team was fearing a covid situation you could post a back up and that guy only went in if the guy was out due to Covid.

We did this during Covid only for Covid reasons. If a team was fearing a covid situation you could post a back up and that guy only went in if the guy was out due to Covid.
Same. In the league I commission I made it a temporary rule for 2020 & 2021.

Worked out well for the league, but a bit too much administrative overhead for me as commish.

Users who are viewing this thread