What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DEVY] 2021 NFL Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

It will be interesting to see how 2020 WRs match up with the 2021 Wrs.

2020 -   Jerry Jeudy, CeeDeeLamb, Henry Ruggs, Jalen Reagor, Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, Tyler Johnson and Justin Jefferson.

2021 - Ja'marr Chase, Rashod Bateman, Justyn Ross, Rondale Moore, Tylan Wallace and Jaylen Waddle. 

Both classes can be very good, but I give the nod to 2021.   Two very good years for fantasy WRs IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
SKULL SESSION: NFL COACHES THINK JUSTIN FIELDS MIGHT BE BETTER THAN TREVOR LAWRENCE, CHASE YOUNG SHOWS OFF QUARTERBACK SKILLS, AND RYAN DAY PUSHES FOR SPRING FOOTBALL

Excerpt:

FIELDS > LAWRENCE? I've been told since what feels like his freshman season of high school that Trevor Lawrence was going to be the No. 1 overall pick as soon as he is eligible for the draft.

Well, some NFL folks seem to think Justin Fields will have something to say about that.

It’s been assumed by many ever since Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence torched Alabama in the 2019 national championship game that he’d become the first pick of the NFL draft as soon as he’s eligible, which is in 2021. But a few coaches and folks in the quarterback space say they won’t be shocked if Justin Fields ends up pushing him for that top spot.

Now, this is hardly the consensus. Several coaches and evaluators I talked to this week think Lawrence is far and away the better quarterback prospect. Everyone I spoke to still loves Lawrence, and it’s not like the NFL personnel people have been able to study either extensively at this point. But the feeling I got from some coaches is that people don’t realize just how talented the Ohio State quarterback really is in terms of his arm and athleticism.

The 6-3, 230-pound Fields had a terrific debut season at Ohio State in 2019, throwing 41 touchdowns against only three interceptions while completing more than 67 percent of his passes. He also ran for 10 touchdowns and almost 500 yards. He figures to put up high numbers again as he settles in for his second season with Ryan Day, and he also should benefit from an even more athletic Buckeye receiving corps with a ridiculous crop of freshmen.

I'm still fairly certain the Afghan Hound will end up going No. 1 overall, but that doesn't mean Fields isn't better. He's bigger, more athletic, faster and honestly looked noticeably better throwing the ball the entire season. There's a reason why he was the one that was a Heisman Finalist and is currently the Heisman frontrunner.

I believe Faust is almost the only one that posts in this thread.  It would be nice to have some FBGs opinions instead of just posted links from rotoworld and other sources.

I believe Faust is almost the only one that posts in this thread.  It would be nice to have some FBGs opinions instead of just posted links from rotoworld and other sources.
I'm conflicted. Because on one hand the more content that's out there the better. But on the other hand, I don't have an informed opinion yet. And I suspect that's the case for many (most?) others. So I don't necessarily want to absorb content if it's from uninformed opinions.

I mean, I have some devy guys I was high on and the investment appears to be on a path towards panning out. But I also know there are many, many others I am simply unaware of right now. Or I'm aware of them, but have not developed any sorta coherent evaluation. So where do my guys stack up against them? :shrug:

Chuba Hubbard unhappy about Mike Gunday wearing an "OAN" shirt. He says he won't be doing anything with Oklahoma State "until things CHANGE." 

Think he'd get approved for the supplemental draft on that basis if he were to apply?

Chuba Hubbard unhappy about Mike Gunday wearing an "OAN" shirt. He says he won't be doing anything with Oklahoma State "until things CHANGE." 

Think he'd get approved for the supplemental draft on that basis if he were to apply?
Approved for the supplemental draft because he disapproved of his coach’s shirt selection?  Seems a bit of a stretch.  

Not in love with this class at all most because of the RBs that drag down the class a ton

Never liked Hubbard as a prospect well before this incident. Too linear without great contact balance, pass pro ability and underwhelming as a pass catcher--all against Big 12 defenses

I think in a year anyone who passed on an RB this year at decent value is going to really be regretting it unless that WR is a stud as a rookie.

Same for any SF guys who took a D tier prospect like Herbert over Swift/Akers when there is an A tier, and a couple A-/B+ tier prospects next year and potentially even more B- type guys waiting in the wings.

If college football is pushed to the spring you can count on some of the top names not playing, because if one of them were to get injured a month before the draft, they know their draft stock just tanked.  Players like  Chubba Hubbard, Ja'Marr Chase, Rashod Bateman, Jaylen Waddle, Rondale Moore, Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Travis Etienne, Kyle Pitts, Pat Freiermuth, Brevin Jordan , etc., would be wise to not play in the spring if the college season is postponed until then.

@JohnnyU

this is the 2021 thread but what are your thoughts on the 2022 rb class? I feel like it’s so much better than 2021. Sanders, Hall, Ealy, Spiller, Goodson. All seem promising. 

I am very excited about the 21 WRs but not so much the RBs.

@JohnnyU

this is the 2021 thread but what are your thoughts on the 2022 rb class? I feel like it’s so much better than 2021. Sanders, Hall, Ealy, Spiller, Goodson. All seem promising. 

I am very excited about the 21 WRs but not so much the RBs.
I won't go into detail on the 2022 RBs in this thread, but let me say this, how we judge players 2 years out can change a lot.  For example, some are high on Breece Hall, but what if he's the second coming of David Montgomery?  I'm not saying he is, but.....   Now I did go out on a limb with  Jonathan Taylor and J.K. Dobbins their freshman season, but at this time I don't feel comfortable going out on a limb with the 2022 RBs.   Not to mention who might not come out next year.

Jamie Newman opts out

"Multiple outlets are reporting that Georgia redshirt junior QB Jamie Newman will opt out of the season.

Newman (6'3/230) transferred over to Georgia from Wake Forest back in January, but it looks like he won't be hanging around long enough to take an in-game snap with the program. Color us a little surprised. Newman played well at Wake Forest, but one of the positives behind the move to UGA was that he would be able to face SEC competition on a team which routinely pumps players into the NFL. Newman will forego that would-be proof-of-concept campaign, putting NFL evaluators in a slightly limited spot just in terms of film study. Newman threw for 2,868 yards (60.9 percent completions) with a 26/11 TD/INT ratio last season. With Newman reportedly out the Athens door, Georgia figures to turn to JT Daniels for starting work this fall. Assuming that Daniels will be ready to play coming off the knee injury which cost him essentially the whole of the 2019 season with USC."

Just read that Journey Brown was retiring from football due to a heart issue. Was drafted in most of my devy leagues this year.

Users who are viewing this thread