What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dez Bryant arrested (1 Viewer)

And by that I mean "let's hear the facts etc" domestic violence is a rather broad charge. Now if he gave his gf a black eye or the like that's one thing but we don't have enough 411 yet to go on.

man some guys just can not get out of there own way here is an idea if you are set to make a check big enough to take care of your and your children for the rest of your life and one of the key elements is that you do not get in to trouble with the law buy a membership to a good gym and a couple of pinball machines or video game systems and work out and then come home play some video games and watch a movie and go to sleep rinse and repeat i know it sounds crazy but not getting into trouble with the law is not as hard as some of these guys are making it man i hope that everyone is ok and if dez did not do anything wrong then i hope he is cleared but i think a lot of these guys set them selves up to fail by making poor choices take that to the one to grown on bank brohans

Let's remember Dez's mother is a train wreck herself with a long wrap sheet. Dez is not a model citizen but his mother makes him look like a saint. Not sure what to think about this though. Dez, where there is smoke there is FIRE.

Police say Dez Bryant assaulted his mother by slapping her across the face and pulling her hair.

Source: Rebecca Lopez on Twitter

Jul 17 - 10:54 AM

I was going to guess that his mom told him to quit acting like a 14 year old and pick up his saggy pants... so he pushed her. But it's much worse than that.

'ImTheScientist said:
'netnalp said:
Police say Dez Bryant assaulted his mother by slapping her across the face and pulling her hair.Source: Rebecca Lopez on TwitterJul 17 - 10:54 AM
Who slaps their mom. Thats really ####ed up.
I would slap his mom too. Pain and swelling my ###.

Last edited by a moderator:
'ImTheScientist said:
'netnalp said:
Police say Dez Bryant assaulted his mother by slapping her across the face and pulling her hair.Source: Rebecca Lopez on TwitterJul 17 - 10:54 AM
If you had that loser of a mom like he does, you would slap her too. She's a crack addict loser who probably did a #### job of raising him. I'm not advocating hitting a woman, but knowing her history, she probably deserved it.

'Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:
I haven't been a fan of this guy since he joined the team. He'll make some big plays for the Cowboys but this guy just doesn't get it. He owes 600,000 to someone for tickets and custom made jewelry? He just seems lost, it's too bad and he's the exact type of player who will get the "potential tag" his entire career.I don't look forward to times when the Cowboys will be struggling this season and seeing him on the sidelines throwing a tantrum and people defending it by saying he's competitive.
This is the post of the thread so far.Dez Bryant is literally Antonio Bryant all over again.

I've met Dez several times, he's a good kid but that's the problem he's a kid mentally with an adult person's responsibility. I'm not making excuses for him that's just the way it is. I don't know if he'll ever recognize that he's in need of a mentor and that's unfortunate. I don't believe he'll retire a Cowboy, he'll be in another uniform. I won't say anything about his mom that's a totally different beast all-together.

SMH

Tex

'matuski said:
'lbouchard said:
He "slapped" his mom with a baseball cap, not his hand
Ah, I see. That is much better.
I'm pointing out a fact that I doubt most knew about it. Also, when you compare Dez to his mom, Dez looks like a saint. She's a crack whore. Dez didn't have any parents raise him as a kid. His dad was a deadbeat and his mom was a whore who went to jail for selling crack.

'ImTheScientist said:
'netnalp said:
If you had that loser of a mom like he does, you would slap her too. She's a crack addict loser who probably did a #### job of raising him. I'm not advocating hitting a woman, but knowing her history, she probably deserved it.
Actually, you did advocate hitting a woman.

http://www.wfaa.com/...-162653756.html

While authorities did not see physical signs of injuries on the mother Saturday, Monday she contacted police to tell them she had pain and swelling in her wrists, hands and arms. Police officers did see swelling on her wrists and left thumb, the police affidavit read. The affidavit stated that officers also saw bruises on the complainant's arms.
This seems a little odd. So, he assaulted her on Saturday and the authorities knew about it and didn't notice injuries at that time. But, he wasn't arrested until Monday after injuries were apparent. How does he not get arrested on Saturday? Do they need to wait for her to be injured before it's a crime?

http://www.wfaa.com/...-162653756.html

While authorities did not see physical signs of injuries on the mother Saturday, Monday she contacted police to tell them she had pain and swelling in her wrists, hands and arms. Police officers did see swelling on her wrists and left thumb, the police affidavit read. The affidavit stated that officers also saw bruises on the complainant's arms.
This seems a little odd. So, he assaulted her on Saturday and the authorities knew about it and didn't notice injuries at that time. But, he wasn't arrested until Monday after injuries were apparent. How does he not get arrested on Saturday? Do they need to wait for her to be injured before it's a crime?
I dont think cops can arrest someone unles there is physical proof of the battery i.e. scratches, swelling, bleeding etc. Otherwise it's he said/she said

Is ther anyone on the Cowboys current roster capable of playing Laurent Robinson this year? Stuff like this makes it harder to feel like this will be Dez's breakout year, and there should be some stats from Romo up for grabs...

The mother of Dez Bryant can be heard telling friends in an emotional 911 call that the Cowboys receiver "tried to kill me" and and that she's going to "put an end to it today."

"Babe, I can't keep letting him do this," Bryant's mother was heard telling others. "I can't let him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today." Police didn't arrest Bryant at the scene because they saw no evidence of assault. It's not clear what prompted the heated exchange between mother and son. Arrested multiple times for selling crack cocaine and supplying false information, Angela Bryant was put on probation for 10 years back in 2009. Regardless, the released 911 call won't sit well in the eyes of the league office.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

:shock: His mom is only 14 years older than him.

Have to admit I am shocked by the responces in this thread. I would never hit 'slap" my mother even if she was not a good mother. Not saying Dez Mom is perfect, but she is still a woman, and if he had hit anyone else we would be all over him. But because his Mom has problems it is ok???

Have to admit I am shocked by the responces in this thread. I would never hit 'slap" my mother even if she was not a good mother. Not saying Dez Mom is perfect, but she is still a woman, and if he had hit anyone else we would be all over him. But because his Mom has problems it is ok???
No, it's not. And if Bryant's mom was such a mess, Dez should have cut himself off from her a while ago.This just gets tossed on the Dez pile of character F-Ups. The evidence keeps piling up, and the excuses pile up just as high.

I've met Dez several times, he's a good kid but that's the problem he's a kid mentally with an adult person's responsibility. I'm not making excuses for him that's just the way it is. I don't know if he'll ever recognize that he's in need of a mentor and that's unfortunate. I don't believe he'll retire a Cowboy, he'll be in another uniform. I won't say anything about his mom that's a totally different beast all-together.

SMH

Tex
An Orange one no doubt.

No, it's not. And if Bryant's mom was such a mess, Dez should have cut himself off from her a while ago.This just gets tossed on the Dez pile of character F-Ups. The evidence keeps piling up, and the excuses pile up just as high.
No excuses Dez is a F Head and lets be real he really has been over ratted.

And if Bryant's mom was such a mess, Dez should have cut himself off from her a while ago.This just gets tossed on the Dez pile of character F-Ups. The evidence keeps piling up, and the excuses pile up just as high.
Dez is immature, child-like, it's obvious. Kids just don't leave their parents that easily...no matter how horrible of a parent. Not really a character #### up to not leave your mom.
Anyone who has a young kid and choose to be a crackwhore instead of taking care of their kid isn't human to me, let alone a woman.Plus, reports have said she hit him first. They have also said that there were no signs of physical abuse, but now she has swelling and pain? Why is she talking about leaving him when he's the one that should be leaving her? Also he's the one with all the "money" so not so sure she can be leaving him. Sounds like she just wants money from her son for crack.

we are less than 24 hours since the news broke and (over) reactions are across the gamut... there are a couple parts to the story that don't sit right with me and will come to light if there will be a prosecution:

why the long delay from event to arrest?

Physical evidence would not take this long to develop... she called 911 on Saturday, cops showed up, not enough evidence to make arrest. She filed charges and Dez surrendered himself.

what was the step-brother's role in all of this?

since when does shove, ripped clothes, hair pull and hat slap turn into swelling the physical evidence not consistent with the story?

Bruising, swollen wrist and thumb... shoved could cause swolleness if you braced yourself... bruising is too nebulous to speculate

who were the friends and what did they see/hear?

when/where was the 911 call made?

i can put on just about any hat and make a ton of guesses that may seem plausible one way or another. Since we are all armchair First 48 watchers, I'll go so far as to speculate that Dez and his step-brother got into a row, and that saint of a mother tried to break it up... or maybe mother did something wrong to Dez (like take some money) and he lost it and step brother tried to protect his mom.

if you want something a little more nefarious: Mom sees dollar signs and wants to get paid to not press charges.

my guess is that charges will not be filed, one way or another

Now people are defending some jackass who beats on his mom? This may be a new low for the shark pool.

Im guessing them swelling is from her hitting Dez while he's trying to prevent himself from being beatup. Scrappy Doo has has some fight in her!

Now people are defending some jackass who beats on his mom? This may be a new low for the shark pool.
Do you really have proof of exactly what occurred? Seems like you're hitting a low by jumping to conclusions before all the information has come out. I think Dez is a tool but I have no idea what really happened yet (and I'm assuming neither do you).

The kid comes from a jaded background, I don't understand why people's expectations aren't a little more tempered. His mom was arrested for selling Crack when he was 8. his dad was 40, and his mom 15 when he was born. Get the picture? I don't fault him for having some personality issues. If he still does when he is 30 OK, but he still has a lot of stuff from his past to deal with. In my opinion, he is a a candidate for a Lifetime Movie or something. Not many people with his background make it, and for that I give him credit. I give him the benifit of the doubt in this situation. This isn't like not paying debts, or getting in an altercation with Lil' Wayne's entourage. His mother has been charged with providing false information before, who is to say she is telling the truth now. My opinion about him might change if it comes out that he beats women, but I think he deserves the benifit of the doubt over his mother.

Users who are viewing this thread