What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did you smoke more pot/take more gummies after it became legal in your state? (2 Viewers)

Went to a Kentucky Derby party at my daughters home. My golf partner had given me a couple of gummies and I thought this would be a good time to try one.

Right before we leave I take one as he said it takes about 30 minutes to kick in. I get there and it an outdoor party with 25-30 people. Not feeling much as I have my first beer, about 15-20 minutes later I am so high I can`t stand it. I put sunglasses on and am trying to act normal when my wife says to me "What is wrong with you? you are acting weird." Of course I did not tell her I took one. An hour in I can`t take it as now I am high as a kite, paranoid, don`t want to be around anyone and it is only 4 in the afternoon.

Had only smoked week a few times in my life and that was 30 years ago so forgot what it was like to be stoned.

It is pretty vibrant there in the backyard with people partying, so I act like I am going to the bathroom and slip out the front door. Go sit in my vehicle listening to music and trying to come down. Took about another 30 minutes before I finally leveled off to where I could be around people again. Did not enjoy the ride at all!!

At golf the next week I told my partner what happened and he said "You did not take the whole thing did you?..I said take a half to start if you are not used to it" I did not remember him saying that.

Never again.
:lmao:

Not around other people! And the moral of the story here is never trust a golf buddy when it comes to mind-altering substances. I had a very similar first experience where a golf buddy gave me a gummie, I ate the whole thing, and he proceeds to announce on the bus that they're very strong and to not take the whole thing. That's what led to the contemplating hiding behind trees, having clear as day conversations with guys on my sophomore year dorm, and a front nine I have little to no memory of where I apparently played okay but drove everybody nuts because I kept giving a wrong score (I clearly wasn't cheating, I just genuinely had no idea how many strokes I had per hole).

When I was in my vehicle childhood things that I had not thought about in decades were coming back clear as a bell. Some good, some bad.

When we went on a golf trip two years ago to North Carolina, 16 guys. 7-8 guys took gummies for the first time and it was a total disaster. Golfers who are 7-8s were shooting mid 90s and wanting to quit after 9. Others were just acting so stupid it was not fun. This is men in their 40s/50s.

I should have learned from watching them that day.
Yep, that was unintentionally me on that day and I was in my late 30s. Though, playing probably as a 6 or 7, I fortunately shot mid-80s. But, I am oftentimes reminded about how out of it (and annoying) I was.

I tried weed one more time on the golf course and it frankly made me too carefree and less competitive. So, I stick to whisky.

I will say, though, that there are some guys who can play just fine on 20 mgs (in fact several guys from this same trip did so) and I have no clue how.

My league partner takes the same ones I took and I can`t tell if he is buzzed or not. Just seems normal. I thought I was going to OD.

This is how high I was, my mind was thinking he might have given me LSD gummies.
I believe it. My first experience that I described above when I ate the whole gummie on the golf course had me thinking thoughts that I needed to go to the hospital.

Went to a Kentucky Derby party at my daughters home. My golf partner had given me a couple of gummies and I thought this would be a good time to try one.

Right before we leave I take one as he said it takes about 30 minutes to kick in. I get there and it an outdoor party with 25-30 people. Not feeling much as I have my first beer, about 15-20 minutes later I am so high I can`t stand it. I put sunglasses on and am trying to act normal when my wife says to me "What is wrong with you? you are acting weird." Of course I did not tell her I took one. An hour in I can`t take it as now I am high as a kite, paranoid, don`t want to be around anyone and it is only 4 in the afternoon.

Had only smoked week a few times in my life and that was 30 years ago so forgot what it was like to be stoned.

It is pretty vibrant there in the backyard with people partying, so I act like I am going to the bathroom and slip out the front door. Go sit in my vehicle listening to music and trying to come down. Took about another 30 minutes before I finally leveled off to where I could be around people again. Did not enjoy the ride at all!!

At golf the next week I told my partner what happened and he said "You did not take the whole thing did you?..I said take a half to start if you are not used to it" I did not remember him saying that.

Never again.

Not around other people! And the moral of the story here is never trust a golf buddy when it comes to mind-altering substances. I had a very similar first experience where a golf buddy gave me a gummie, I ate the whole thing, and he proceeds to announce on the bus that they're very strong and to not take the whole thing. That's what led to the contemplating hiding behind trees, having clear as day conversations with guys on my sophomore year dorm, and a front nine I have little to no memory of where I apparently played okay but drove everybody nuts because I kept giving a wrong score (I clearly wasn't cheating, I just genuinely had no idea how many strokes I had per hole).

When I was in my vehicle childhood things that I had not thought about in decades were coming back clear as a bell. Some good, some bad.

When we went on a golf trip two years ago to North Carolina, 16 guys. 7-8 guys took gummies for the first time and it was a total disaster. Golfers who are 7-8s were shooting mid 90s and wanting to quit after 9. Others were just acting so stupid it was not fun. This is men in their 40s/50s.

Yep, that was unintentionally me on that day and I was in my late 30s. Though, playing probably as a 6 or 7, I fortunately shot mid-80s. But, I am oftentimes reminded about how out of it (and annoying) I was.

I tried weed one more time on the golf course and it frankly made me too carefree and less competitive. So, I stick to whisky.

I will say, though, that there are some guys who can play just fine on 20 mgs (in fact several guys from this same trip did so) and I have no clue how.

My league partner takes the same ones I took and I can`t tell if he is buzzed or not. Just seems normal. I thought I was going to OD.

This is how high I was, my mind was thinking he might have given me LSD gummies.

Many people take edibles too lightly. They should be treated like lsd/shrooms the first few times. Set and setting matter a lot to your experience.

Never again.

These golf stories are hilarious. I'm a terrible golfer so it doesn't matter if I'm sober or high but I find weed is better for indoor 'sports' like bowling, pool, darts, etc. For some reason, I really zone in and yes very carefree and loose. I have friends that play basketball and lift weights high but it doesn't work for me.

Never again.

These golf stories are hilarious. I'm a terrible golfer so it doesn't matter if I'm sober or high but I find weed is better for indoor 'sports' like bowling, pool, darts, etc. For some reason, I really zone in and yes very carefree and loose. I have friends that play basketball and lift weights high but it doesn't work for me.
I thought about you when reading about these freak outs in 10mg. Lol

It's hilarious but I have to remember most of these guys are almost like teenagers taking their first drink. Baby steps fellas. No reason to start with tequila and 151.
But now imagine it's your buddy handing you a flask of 151 and telling you to guzzle it. Oh, and you can't puke it back up.

It's hilarious but I have to remember most of these guys are almost like teenagers taking their first drink. Baby steps fellas. No reason to start with tequila and 151.
But now imagine it's your buddy handing you a flask of 151 and telling you to guzzle it. Oh, and you can't puke it back up.

I get it. Over my 30 years of partaking in THC, I've learned how to handle the anxiety and paranoia that occasionally creeps in. It's easier said than done if it's a new thing but you have to remember it's just the drug and your mind playing tricks on you. This too shall pass mindset and some deep breathing helps tremendously. If that fails, I just excuse myself from the group setting, sit/lay down and relax until my mind is right. Meditation does a body good.

Are you legally allowed to purchase weed in other states without any restrictions or having to be from said state?

For example, can I drive to Michigan to get stuff if I am from Ohio/Kentucky? Any limits? I take it if I got caught taking it back to my state I would get in trouble.
We are from Iowa and the wife buys gummies every time we are in Michigan. Last time she went out, she flew out for a Managers meeting for work. She figured she better not put them in her luggage flying back, so she had someone bring them back that drove out. If it is illegal in your state and you got caught with it, I am sure you would be in trouble, but also have no plans of finding out.

Honestly, I don't think TSA cares at all about weed.
No way. When we flew to Italy my brother forgot his vape in his checked bag(PSA- always pack it in your carry on bathroom kit) . They took the battery to it and left him the cartridge. :lol:

Was speaking about domestic flights only. I haven't worried about traveling inside the US with weed in over a decade.
yep...been traveling with flower, vapes and gummies for 10+ years now

What you want is an indica strain on your edible. Indica = "In to da couch" - more of a body high that helps with sleep. I'd start with maybe 10-15 MGs, wait 90 minutes see how you feel then take another 10-15. A good budtender should be able to guide you through their offerings. Just let them know you want help with sleep and away you go.
I have been hesitant to reply to this thread for a couple of reasons... but, while indica is a good suggestion, HFS that is a lot of drugs for dude just trying to dip his toes in the water ;)

P.S. I wanna party with you (but don't tell Mex)

I haven't ever done gummies, but when I'm on flower and need to come down some ice tea does the trick. I don't know why but it does.

I went to a Dave Chappelle show with my buddy about 10 years ago. I was never a big weed guy and was definitely out of practice. I had only had edibles maybe twice before. I actually made some once from some butter that Fullback Fro gave me...

Anyway while in line to get into the show, there was a guy outside selling some THC infused rice Krispy treats. No mention abou how strong they are, what strain, etc. Just, these will get you high. So my buddy and I each bought one. I ate about a third and took my seat (nice seats, middle of the row though...) before the opening act. My buddy ate the whole thing. As the high creeps up on me, I'm getting more and more paranoid. I get up to get some water and try to chill out. Get back to the seat, passing like 25 people in the row. About 2 minutes later (**** it could have been 30 seconds) I can't take sitting there any more and get up to leave, passing those same 25 people that are now super pissed at me. Anyway, I go to the lobby and zone out for a bit, staring at the wall. Eventually I go to the bathroom and sit in a stall for a while. Not sure why but I think someone told me I had to move or I just didn't want to be around people. Upon reflection, a one point there were definitely guys bumping lines in the stall next to me.

After I'm not sure how long, I head back to the theater and Chappelle is on. I don't go back to my seat but instead listen from the back. He wasn't as funny as I thought he'd be.

After the show I meet up with my buddy and his pupils are the size of saucers. We go and get some food and he's pretty out of it. We make it home safely in an uber. He later told me he was not 100% the following morning.

I think there was something else in there than THC, maybe a synthetic? I'm any case, legalized and standardized cannabis is way better than that experience. Now I take 5mg only and am just fine thank you.

What you want is an indica strain on your edible. Indica = "In to da couch" - more of a body high that helps with sleep. I'd start with maybe 10-15 MGs, wait 90 minutes see how you feel then take another 10-15. A good budtender should be able to guide you through their offerings. Just let them know you want help with sleep and away you go.
I have been hesitant to reply to this thread for a couple of reasons... but, while indica is a good suggestion, HFS that is a lot of drugs for dude just trying to dip his toes in the water ;)

GM suggesting newbies eat 30 mg :lmao: Dude gonna get someone in trouble with that advice

GM suggesting newbies eat 30 mg :lmao: Dude gonna get someone in trouble with that advice
Seriously...start with 5mg, wait, and go from there.

I always recommend at least 50 but judging from this thread I may need to wrangle in that suggestion.

Seriously...start with 5mg, wait, and go from there.
Exactly what i recommend.

I even recommend to them not to chase it the first time.

I always recommend at least 50 but judging from this thread I may need to wrangle in that suggestion.

Are you Joey Diaz?

Being secretive at a party is the totally wrong time to be experimenting with edibles.

Correct.

There were many people there and I got so paranoid. Usually, I would by talking to people I have not seen in a while, but all I was doing was trying to avoid everyone. Not joking when my wife said a couple times. "What is wrong with you?" She knew I only had 1-2 beers, so I was not drunk.

When I leveled off, I pulled her aside and told her I took a gummy..she knew I had them in the cupboard. She said, "You idiot!" great party and you ruined it for yourself.

Wonder if it would have been different if I were by myself at home. I really don`t think so as it was way too intense for an hour or so.

Being secretive at a party is the totally wrong time to be experimenting with edibles.

Correct.

There were many people there and I got so paranoid. Usually, I would by talking to people I have not seen in a while, but all I was doing was trying to avoid everyone. Not joking when my wife said a couple times. "What is wrong with you?" She knew I only had 1-2 beers, so I was not drunk.

When I leveled off, I pulled her aside and told her I took a gummy..she knew I had them in the cupboard. She said, "You idiot!" great party and you ruined it for yourself.

Wonder if it would have been different if I were by myself at home. I really don`t think so as it was way too intense for an hour or so.

At home alone is the exact place to take them.

I don’t take them when I go out anymore because I am too reserved (I’m a boring hang when I’m smacked).

I really can't do edibles, primarily because I have no self-control and will keep drinking. I have determined that my thing are the pens, in particular the Torch THC-O pens. Sublime. I can smoke and drink all day no issues, just use the pens at concerts and stay in the pocket the entire night. Just an excellent experience.

I'll be in California all next week. I think I'm going to focus on sampling edibles more than craft beer.

Highly recommend tinctures. Straight to the bloodstream sublingually and bypass the liver/digestion phase. The only 'edible' that works for me.
The dispensary I found gave me a tincture for free because I'm a first time customer. There's something like 30 doses, but I'm flying to Colorado for the weekend, to return to Cali next week...

That is to say, I'm gonna have like 28 doses I'm gonna toss, unless anyone has any suggestions for storage over the weekend.

I'll be in California all next week. I think I'm going to focus on sampling edibles more than craft beer.

Highly recommend tinctures. Straight to the bloodstream sublingually and bypass the liver/digestion phase. The only 'edible' that works for me.
The dispensary I found gave me a tincture for free because I'm a first time customer. There's something like 30 doses, but I'm flying to Colorado for the weekend, to return to Cali next week...

That is to say, I'm gonna have like 28 doses I'm gonna toss, unless anyone has any suggestions for storage over the weekend.

You'll be fine flying to and from a legal state with that

You'll be fine flying to and from a legal state with that
There's no way I'm risking that lol...not on a work trip.

Edit: maybe you are correct. Per the TSA web page, they defer to local authorities. If it's legal at the departing airport, no issues.

Last edited:
There's no way I'm risking that lol...not on a work trip.

Edit: maybe you are correct. Per the TSA web page, they defer to local authorities. If it's legal at the departing airport, no issues.

If you're going to stress, I wouldn't bother. Dig a hole and come back for it later lol. It has never been an issue for me and I bring flower which is far more obvious. Tinctures just look like essential oils and don't smell. Should blend in well with your toiletries. Cool that the dispensary hooked you up like that.

I feel way more normal on LSD than taking a sativa edible. They just don't work with my brain chemistry, results in really extreme paranoia, honestly will never again. Can deal with indica edibles at low dosage but too much of that and its couch lock, not great experience for me either.

I feel way more normal on LSD than taking a sativa edible. They just don't work with my brain chemistry, results in really extreme paranoia, honestly will never again. Can deal with indica edibles at low dosage but too much of that and its couch lock, not great experience for me either.
Then you didn't take enough LSD.

Normal is not the way to describe it but I never feel good after taking sativa edibles. I won't again. I tried enough times to see if it would be a different experience, it wasn't

Daily cannabis use overtakes drinking in US first​

The number of Americans who smoke cannabis on a daily or near-daily basis now exceeds those who drink alcohol as often, a study has found.

The research, published in the journal Addiction, is based on data collected by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health over four decades.

In 2022, the survey recorded an estimated 17.7 million daily cannabis users, higher for the first time than the estimate of 14.7 million daily drinkers.
Alcohol still remains the more widely used substance of the two.

But the study found that, between 1992 and 2022, there was a 15-fold increase in the per capita rate of those who reported daily or near-daily use of cannabis.
Less than one million people said they used cannabis nearly every day in 1992, the lowest reported usage since the study began in 1979.
But the study also acknowledges that people may be more willing to report their own use as public opinion and legislation change in the US.

Recreational use of cannabis is allowed in 24 states and the District of Columbia, while 38 states have legalised its medicinal use.

The government has so far resisted calls to legalise or decriminalise the drug at the federal level.

However, in the most significant drug reform in more than half a century, the justice department moved earlier this month to reclassify cannabis from a Schedule I controlled substance on a par with heroin, to a Schedule III substance.

President Joe Biden said: "Far too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana."

Studies have shown that common conceptions of cannabis as a "gateway" to other drugs is not backed up by evidence, and the majority of users do not go on to harder drugs.
But research shared by the National Institute on Drug Abuse suggests that high-frequency use can lead to addiction.

Uh, GM clearly said "Start with 10-15MG and then WAIT 90 minutes to see how you feel.

Before then maybe taking more.
:oldunsure:

Uh, GM clearly said "Start with 10-15MG and then WAIT 90 minutes to see how you feel.

Before then maybe taking more. :oldunsure:
The start with 10-15 is the main issue. Newbies should be like 2.5 or 5 to start. Sure, some/most will need more, but there is definitely a sizable number of people that would be totally content with the high they get from that amount, and probably an equally sizable chunk that would freak the **** out if they ate 15

The start with 10-15 is the main issue. Newbies should be like 2.5 or 5 to start. Sure, some/most will need more, but there is definitely a sizable number of people that would be totally content with the high they get from that amount, and probably an equally sizable chunk that would freak the **** out if they ate 15

These recommended dosages give me a chuckle. 200mg just gets the ball rolling for me.

These recommended dosages give me a chuckle. 200mg just gets the ball rolling for me.

But I'm Jack Kavorkian for suggesting somebody start with 10-15MG of indica, lol.....

But I'm Jack Kavorkian for suggesting somebody start with 10-15MG of indica, lol.....
No, @Major is definitely non human though

No, @Major is definitely non human though

Were you the kid in HS who barfed and blacked out after his first wine cooler?

This still amazes me, but I do occasionally run into people that take these massive doses

I usually go between 5-20. 20 gets me pretty damn high. Wife goes between 2.5-5. If I give her any more she’s noticeably affected

This still amazes me, but I do occasionally run into people that take these massive doses

I usually go between 5-20. 20 gets me pretty damn high. Wife goes between 2.5-5. If I give her any more she’s noticeably affected

I posted in the other weed thread a while back that some of us lack an enzyme for digesting THC that renders most edibles useless. Better chance of me catching diabetes from all the sugar than a high from an edible.

I posted in the other weed thread a while back that some of us lack an enzyme for digesting THC that renders most edibles useless. Better chance of me catching diabetes from all the sugar than a high from an edible.
You lack something, that's for sure :)

Nah, legalization didn't really change my consumption habits. I've been pretty consistent with my usage even before it became legal in my state.
I even use the same seller, this site.
I usually just stick to one gummy of 30mg per day before going to sleep. It's become a bedtime routine for me.

Last edited:

Same with me. I can eat edibles like popcorn.

I will admit that even at mild doses like 40-80MG - They do take away the urge to smoke flower even if they never actually get me high.

Think I must be in this category. Took a 10mg, nothing. 25, 50, 100, still nothing. Only thing that worked was some kind of THC syrup someone poured into my water, that was decent. I don't smoke but maybe that's the only recourse other than this syrupy stuff?

Think I must be in this category. Took a 10mg, nothing. 25, 50, 100, still nothing. Only thing that worked was some kind of THC syrup someone poured into my water, that was decent. I don't smoke but maybe that's the only recourse other than this syrupy stuff?

Tinctures should work better as it's absorbed by the tongue. I'd look into those

Users who are viewing this thread