What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dinner ideas for 20 hungry golfers (1 Viewer)

We have a big Bandon Dunes trip next week.  Rented a huge house, so dinners will be in 5 of the 6 nights.  I got elected to do dinner one night.  One guy is doing chili (I'll be sending him a recipe 😉).  Another guy doing thick pork chops.  Another guy is having a caterer bring in Mexican.  I was going to do chicken enchiladas before I found out the Mexican night as I can slay them.  But 2 nights of Mexican seems a bit much.  Options I'm considering include a baked ziti with sauce from scratch, Italian sausage, garlic bread and salad.  Could also get a bunch of steaks from Costco and grill those with sides. Any other ideas I should be considering? I really don't know what I'll have with respect to kitchen gear.  Also not a huge amount of time to prep and cook. Couple of hours tops. Bonus points for anything I can make ahead of time.  Suggestions?
Be honest: this thread is solely to brag about the bold, right? 

P.S. My jealousy is burning hotter than a thousand suns. 

I'm looking forward to doing that shrimp boil for my hockey team in another couple of weeks.  Any additional ingredients you added or think could be added, Judge?  I mean, it sounds awesome just the way it is but a little extra protein or boiling veggies might spice it up nicely 🙂

I'm looking forward to doing that shrimp boil for my hockey team in another couple of weeks.  Any additional ingredients you added or think could be added, Judge?  I mean, it sounds awesome just the way it is but a little extra protein or boiling veggies might spice it up nicely 🙂
I just did one of these Sunday for my son's birthday.

I used this recipe. I've done this before and its awesome. I added some lobster tails to mine when I dumped in the shrimp. I didn't add the clams but they aren't readily available here in KC.

But I followed that recipe exactly and it was freaking good.  Dumped it all out on my patio table on some butcher paper and we all just stood around and chowed. 

Thank you, Chief and not wanting to rub in the fact that I live on the Maine seacoast and have lobster readily available and cheaper than bologna per/lb lol.

I do love the addition of the Serrano chiles.  And excellent call on the clams. When I make seafood chowder, I usually use diced or minced clams from a can for convenience.  But putting in a bunch of steamers is a great idea forpp larger clams instead the minced/diced clams and I'll keep the mussels too, wth lol.

I'll see if I can find some whole body crab 🦀 for the look of crab/shrimp boil on the table.  Growing up in Maine with lobster all the time, it always seemed like crabs were too messy and too much work (especially after watching Bunk, in The Wire, eat that sheet pan full of crab.  And messy is right up low-country's boil messy alley. I wonder if I can find any crawfish up here. If I can find it, in it goes lol.  With 35 players & staff, I want as much of a variety of protein that I can add.  Plus, we got a bunch of inland Canadians who probably haven't even seen a bunch of the seafood they can eat lol.  With a few lbs of knuckle and claw lobster, this should be an epic kick-off dinner for our season.  Thanks for tips, recipe and suggestions for the low-country boil.  I seriously cannot wait for this to happen in a couple of weeks

Thank you, Chief and not wanting to rub in the fact that I live on the Maine seacoast and have lobster readily available and cheaper than bologna per/lb lol.

I do love the addition of the Serrano chiles.  And excellent call on the clams. When I make seafood chowder, I usually use diced or minced clams from a can for convenience.  But putting in a bunch of steamers is a great idea forpp larger clams instead the minced/diced clams and I'll keep the mussels too, wth lol.

I'll see if I can find some whole body crab 🦀 for the look of crab/shrimp boil on the table.  Growing up in Maine with lobster all the time, it always seemed like crabs were too messy and too much work (especially after watching Bunk, in The Wire, eat that sheet pan full of crab.  And messy is right up low-country's boil messy alley. I wonder if I can find any crawfish up here. If I can find it, in it goes lol.  With 35 players & staff, I want as much of a variety of protein that I can add.  Plus, we got a bunch of inland Canadians who probably haven't even seen a bunch of the seafood they can eat lol.  With a few lbs of knuckle and claw lobster, this should be an epic kick-off dinner for our season.  Thanks for tips, recipe and suggestions for the low-country boil.  I seriously cannot wait for this to happen in a couple of weeks

I cry at having lobster at the price of baloney.

I cry at having lobster at the price of baloney.
I'm sorry, Binky, last year, because of covid crushing the market, lobster was 2.49/lb.

This year, because of covid, the lobster market learned and lobster became more expensive again.  I read the Aug '20 report, thinking it was 2021. 

You can stop crying, it's 8.99/9.99 per/lb today lol 🤣 

Looks like I'm calling my buddy for boat price now. Eliminating the middleman fish mongers, saving around 2 to 3 bucks a pound for direct to consumer.  Smaller lobster boat captains don't care where the money comes from, as long as it's the most for their catch.  They'll set up shop in a corner of a parking lot, hawking their catch but once it's gone, it's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread