What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dion Lewis (1 Viewer)

Of course the week i play blunt in both weeks. I was already aware of the gameplan history vs the Colts. Please play Lewis

Sounds like he had his intestines removed, or a stomach ache, or somewhere in between...starting with confidence, until news comes out that makes me un-, in-, non-,.....errr...less confident

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the week i play blunt in both weeks. I was already aware of the gameplan history vs the Colts. Please play Lewis
The usual game plan is pound the ball against Indy because they cannot stop the run but i don't know if this will be different. If the pats are truly playing the just run up scores Lewis will be in probably the 1st half to run the score up then 2nd half come in here and there while blount does the majority of the damage unless the colts are neck and neck the whole game

Have faith, buddy. My gut tells me the Patriots are going to pass until the strings are worn off the ball in this game. The world knows the Patriots can embarrass the Colts by stuffing it down their throat. This time they want to crush their spirit

So wtf is going on with this guy? Real talk...
BB always does this... I remember 3 years ago (?) where Hernandez/Gronk were both questionable every week, they didn't miss any of the games. This is who the guy is. Not worried at all.
Brady has been listed as Questionable/Shoulder for like 5 straight years (although that may have finally stopped this year).
Yes, as a long time Brady owner, I can attest that red parentheses has been perma-attached to his name.

http://nesn.com/2015/10/patriots-practice-report-dion-lewis-participates-despite-abdominal-injury/

FOXBORO, Mass. — The New England Patriots gave their fans and fantasy football players a scare Thursday when running back Dion Lewis was listed as limited in practice with an abdominal injury.

It appears Lewis avoided a serious ailment, since he was on the field for the beginning of practice Friday. Cornerback Tarell Brown, who’s nursing a foot injury, was the lone player absent from practice.

The Patriots play the Indianapolis Colts in their Week 6 matchup Sunday. The Patriots likely will need to make a roster move before the game to bring either Cameron Fleming or Blaine Claussel off the practice squad to give them additional depth at offensive tackle with Nate Solder out for the season.

BB always does this... I remember 3 years ago (?) where Hernandez/Gronk were both questionable every week, they didn't miss any of the games. This is who the guy is. Not worried at all.
Brady has been listed as Questionable/Shoulder for like 5 straight years (although that may have finally stopped this year).
Yes, as a long time Brady owner, I can attest that red parentheses has been perma-attached to his name.
This is actually good news. It means he is getting the Brady/Gronk treatment now. BB feels it is important to deceive other teams on their health status. :P

This is actually good news. It means he is getting the Brady/Gronk treatment now. BB feels it is important to deceive other teams on their health status. :P
I love that perspective.

Just another thought on all things Dion Lewis. IF this game goes down and its the Dion Lewis show compared to Blount and the others, does this just completely slay the myths and we just accept that this is THE GUY?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6483/dion-lewis

Oct 16 - 1:17 PM
Dion Lewis (abdomen) participated in the portion of Friday's practice that was open to the media.
It's a good sign for his Week 6 availability. Lewis popped up on Thursday's injury report as "limited," but the Pats' beat writers believe he'll be good to go against the Colts. As New England's clear-cut primary running back when games are in doubt, Lewis has established legitimate RB1 value in PPR leagues.
Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6483/dion-lewis

Oct 16 - 1:17 PM
Dion Lewis (abdomen) participated in the portion of Friday's practice that was open to the media.
It's a good sign for his Week 6 availability. Lewis popped up on Thursday's injury report as "limited," but the Pats' beat writers believe he'll be good to go against the Colts. As New England's clear-cut primary running back when games are in doubt, Lewis has established legitimate RB1 value in PPR leagues.
Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter
Fellow Canton resident here! Living the dream in suburban paradise.

Belichick earlier this morning: "Honestly, I don’t even care what’s on the injury report. I really don’t even look at it."

Dion Lewis (abdomen) is questionable for Week 6 against the Colts.
Lewis was limited at Friday's practice, just as he was for Thursday's session. We're still expecting him to play, though the 8:30 ET start time does make it a little tough for fantasy owners. Lewis ranks third among NFL running backs with 238 receiving yards this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579637-the-mystery-of-dion-lewis-where-did-pats-rb-come-from-and-can-anyone-stop-him

"After last season ended, Lewis came to a realization. Whatever he had been doing in the past in terms of training and preparation was not enough. So he spent six weeks at the Fischer Institute in Phoenix working harder and smarter than he ever had."
Nice writeup from Dan Pompei on Dion. Good read
Somebody call Dave wannstedt and tell him nobody can take his opinion seriously if he's gonna compare the guy to Barry sanders

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579637-the-mystery-of-dion-lewis-where-did-pats-rb-come-from-and-can-anyone-stop-him

"After last season ended, Lewis came to a realization. Whatever he had been doing in the past in terms of training and preparation was not enough. So he spent six weeks at the Fischer Institute in Phoenix working harder and smarter than he ever had."
Somebody call Dave wannstedt and tell him nobody can take his opinion seriously if he's gonna compare the guy to Barry sanders
Speak for yourself.

"Barry Sanders was the quickest I ever saw in terms of making a guy miss in a hole," Wannstedt said. "Dion isn't Barry Sanders, but he had some of that same make-a-guy-miss-in-a hole quickness. Plus he had 4.5 speed to outrun you. He could catch. He did things you can't coach."

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

That article references Joe Banner twice acquired him and it's Joe Banner I would like to thank for having Dion on so many of my fantasy teams.

Banner said the only reason Lewis was on NE was at recommendation of Mike Lombardi. Remember him? Banner was tweeting up a storm about Lewis in the preseason leading all the way up to the opener. He sold me on him and I got him a ton before his price jumped which it literally did overnight where in fantasy drafts held a day or two after the opener he had vaulted to a 6th rounder in most drafts which turns out to be a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread