What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Discussion: REAL LIFE NFL (1 Viewer)

Which is the better real life NFL player?

• Steve Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Santana Moss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Englishteacher

Footballguy
You're an NFL GM. Whom would you rather have on your team? Steve Smith or Santana Moss?Both are excellent minny mouse wr's with exceptional return abilities. Both are roughly the same age. Smith has had one major injury.

Moss and the reason is simple. Moss was able to do in Wash, what several other (supposed more talented players) couldn't and turn around a dead passing game. He is a marvel of a deep threat given his size and his ability to stretch the field creates huge mismatches for everyone else on the Wash O. While S.Smith is a bit more flashy and more explosive, MM was able to have a very similar effect in Car while nobody else has come remotly close to the impact that Moss has in Wash. There is very little seperation between the 2 players IMHO, but I have to give the tie breaker to Moss given the cercumstances.

Moss is a deep threat, who can catch a receiver screen and go the distance. he is perfect for the tight end/h back passing offense Washington runs.Steve Smith can run all the routes, short and long, and will sacrifice himself over the middle. He is the superior player, and the player I would want as a gm.

Moss and the reason is simple. Moss was able to do in Wash, what several other (supposed more talented players) couldn't and turn around a dead passing game. He is a marvel of a deep threat given his size and his ability to stretch the field creates huge mismatches for everyone else on the Wash O. While S.Smith is a bit more flashy and more explosive, MM was able to have a very similar effect in Car while nobody else has come remotly close to the impact that Moss has in Wash. There is very little seperation between the 2 players IMHO, but I have to give the tie breaker to Moss given the cercumstances.
How do you think Steve Smith would do in Washington? My guess is that he'd do just fine... dare I say better than Moss. Smith's strength and running ability after the catch are second to none.Also, Moss had one 74 catch season in the past, including a 45 grab year last year. Not exactly what you'd call 'turning around a dead passing game.'

Finally, MM is a darn good receiver, so that you can't just say that whoever replaces him as the #1 in Carolina is going to lead the league.

My 2 cents...

How do you think Steve Smith would do in Washington? My guess is that he'd do just fine... dare I say better than Moss. Smith's strength and running ability after the catch are second to none.Also, Moss had one 74 catch season in the past, including a 45 grab year last year. Not exactly what you'd call 'turning around a dead passing game.'

Finally, MM is a darn good receiver, so that you can't just say that whoever replaces him as the #1 in Carolina is going to lead the league.

My 2 cents...
In fairness, Moss was injured off and on last year, so last year's numbers don't tell the whole story. However, at the same time, his YPC was still pretty high last year. I think both are pretty similar. Moss and Smith bring the same positives to the table IMO. I think Smith might have more strength overall which helps in his run after catch ability. However, Moss in the open field is dangerous as well, he just won't run through a tackle like Smith might on occassion. Can't go wrong with either IMO.

Moss is a deep threat, who can catch a receiver screen and go the distance.  he is perfect for the tight end/h back passing offense Washington runs.

Steve Smith can run all the routes, short and long, and will sacrifice himself over the middle.  He is the superior player, and the player I would want as a gm.
:goodposting: An excellent assessment. I think Smith is by far the more complete WR which is why I would choose him as well.However, in my league ( 1 point per 10 yds, 6 per TD) , Smith and Moss were 1 and 2 after Week 15. I saw the two of them togehter and remarked how similar they were in build and to a large degree, abilities. I think Smitty is just tougher, more physical than Moss, that's the difference as I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
Santana Moss [ 9 ]   [19.57%]
Nine Redskin homers I see.Steve Smith is the total package The guy led the NFL in receptions, yardage, and TDs. Who were the last two guys to pull off this feat?

Santana Moss [ 9 ] [19.57%]Nine Redskin homers I see.Steve Smith is the total package The guy led the NFL in receptions, yardage, and TDs. Who were the last two guys to pull off this feat?
I don't know, but MM nearly did it just last year in Car even while being handycapped for the 1st couple games.....

Users who are viewing this thread