What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (2 Viewers)

What do you mean by quick serve?  Is it considered "counter service" for the meal plan?
As a follow up, I was under the impression I only needed to make reservations for table service.  Do I also need to for quick service?

I think I figured it out.  From what I can tell, BOG is the only quick/counter service restaurant that takes reservations.  Is that correct?
Yes.  You make a reservation, check in at your time, go into a queue where you place your food and drink order, then you are released into the dining area where you seat yourself and fill/refill your own soft drinks.  Your food comes out to you after you find a table.

Our flight will be getting in to Orlando at 9:55 PM.  Good idea to not use the Magic Express and just get an uber/taxi?

I'd like to get to the room as soon as possible with my luggage.

Our flight will be getting in to Orlando at 9:55 PM.  Good idea to not use the Magic Express and just get an uber/taxi?

I'd like to get to the room as soon as possible with my luggage.
you can still use ME at that time, but I advise getting your luggage. they will just put it on the bus with you. Otherwise, your luggage may not show up until well after midnight. If you go that route, just don't put the yellow magic express tags on your luggage. If they are on there, the bags will never make it to the baggage carousel at MCO, they are diverted to the ME delivery guys after the plane lands.

the ME bus service runs 24 hours a day. Baggage delivery closes at 10pm. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I figured it out.  From what I can tell, BOG is the only quick/counter service restaurant that takes reservations.  Is that correct?
Yes, you need a reservation for B and L at BOG even though it is a quick service. However unlike other quick "Counter" service locations, at BOG you can either order your food ahead of time or at kiosks up front. Then you are seated and the food is delivered to you by a waiter/server. They use the NFC signal in your magic band to find your table. 

So unlike a counter service where you get your food and then find a table, at BOG ressies are needed b/c you get your table (basically) first and then the food follows. 

There is a lot of great info in this thread, but most of it is personal preference.  I would recommend this book.  Although I booked my trip through AAA before I bought it, there is a lot of info on how to save money.  

This is written by the Touring Plans site people.
@shuke, how did booking your trip go with AAA? I want to start planning and was thinking about using them.

@shuke, how did booking your trip go with AAA? I want to start planning and was thinking about using them.
I think it all depends on your local agency.  First agent I worked with was absolutely no help, I don't think had even been to DW, and kept trying to upsell me.  I called back and got someone else who was a Disney freak and extremely helpful.  They only do on-site resorts.

We got 8 nights at Port Orleans with 5 day park pass (no hopper) with travel insurance for $6,200.  I don't know if that is a good deal or not, but within our budget for this trip and it saved me having to do a bunch of research and work myself.

Yes, Breakfast and lunch are open for booking b/c the supposed upgrades are to the main kitchen. And being B & L are quick serv meals, they don't need to use the whole kitchen for those . 
Oh, totally missed the heart of your post. No one can book dinner. Interesting. 

If you enjoy sleeping through the American Adventure in Epcot, well you may want to stay awake once soon. They are doing some production updates and adding some new 'Americans' to the show.

• Will be converted to all-digital projection system.
• New screen and speakers will be installed
• The finale will feature new faces from recent American history including: (music composer) John Williams, (astrophysicist) Neil deGrasse Tyson and (ballerina) Misty Copeland.
• The anthem “Golden Dream” to be re-recorded with a new orchestra

the show is currently under refurbishment through February 14

@Bruce Dickinson lol  :headbang:  so much for will power

@AcerFC yea sorry, i didn't make that clear. i'll edit the post. 

Just got back home. EPCOT and Animal Kingdom were way cool and better than California Adventure by a mile. But the crowds and wait times in all parks, and the overall mediocrity of Magic Kingdom when compared to DL will probably keep me from going back anytime soon. Bring Flight of Passage to DL and for sure there’s no reason to go back. 

@glvsav37 And anyone else going this summer

Tickets went up today. I was able to score cheaper ones on undercover tourist just now. Something to consider if you haven't bought tix yet. 

:bag:  

You know that psychological test where they put a candy bar in front of a kid and tell them they can eat the candy bar now, but if they can wait an hour without touching the candy bar they can have two?

So, uhh, I'm going to Disneyland for a long weekend during Pixar Fest.  
So did you eat one or two candy bars? :confused:

DVC Members, more benefit changes coming to suppress the resale market.

Membership Extras Eligibility

Effective February 25, 2018, to be eligible for Membership Extras, Members must own and maintain a minimum of 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements. For more information, visit Important Membership Documents.
since they went through the last round of very wide limitations for resale buyers, the workaround was to buy the bulk of your contract resale and then buy the minimum 25pts directly through Disney so you could claim the benefits and extras. Seems DVC got wise to that game and now put the starting line at 75 which puts it at a minimum $13k investment. 

DVC Members, more benefit changes coming to suppress the resale market.

since they went through the last round of very wide limitations for resale buyers, the workaround was to buy the bulk of your contract resale and then buy the minimum 25pts directly through Disney so you could claim the benefits and extras. Seems DVC got wise to that game and now put the starting line at 75 which puts it at a minimum $13k investment. 
why would anybody buy into this sham?

@glvsav37 And anyone else going this summer

Tickets went up today. I was able to score cheaper ones on undercover tourist just now. Something to consider if you haven't bought tix yet. 
I locked in my AP just before new years. DVC was running a sweet promo for platinum plus AP's for $550/pp

why would anybody buy into this sham?
it works for some and not for others. People buy traditional timeshares all the times at the same rate that other people shun them. 

personally, I love being a DVC member. There is no way I could vacation the way we do w/o it. That said, there is no way I'd be able to afford or even consider becoming a new member today—i can't justify the cost. We bought a resale contract years ago at just around $13K, and for that I get pretty much 12-14 days per year at a deluxe's resort. Out of pocket it would cost me $6-7K per trip just for the hotel. So by buying in, the membership has paid for itself in 2 1/2 trips (factoring in dues) . 

however if i was to buy direct today, my same contract (230pts) would cost me over $40K, making it over 8 trips to 'break even'...however there is a lot more I could do with the $40K right now if I had it...otherwsie I would need to finance which pushes the break even number much higher. I can't see that working out. 

I look at my inlaws who bought back in the early 90's when DVC first came out, paying in the $50/pp range and they have made out for years now. They have an insane amount of points and go all the time. 

AS for these 'restrictions' the funny thing is, current members are looking at this internally as an us (direct buyers) vs them (resale) war. When in reality, its just Disney DVC marketing's way of getting new members to pony up the money for contracts. They don't give a F about current members. Sure, they dangle a few private events for members, but what none of the members realize is that DVC is using  them as their marketing vehicle. They host these swanky private events where they close down MK for the night that maybe 1-2% of the members can go to...but those who do go, fill up their FB feeds with photos and stores of how cool it is and it makes non-members jealous so they inquire and maybe buy. But they are not going to spend their marketing money on a product that can be bought elsewhere (resale), so they have to find ways of making their product "better" and that is though restrictions. 

I locked in my AP just before new years. DVC was rung a sweet promo for platinum plus AP's for $550/pp
I think I did mine early December.  It was a great deal.  I think its pushing $900 now.  We'll get at least 13 park days over the life of ours. 

How will the renewal work on those?  I'm thinking we're not locked into that $550 price come renewal? 

apologize for the long post here, but i am copy and pasting this. I'll highlight the important stuff

This was a new release from Disney this weekend, it gives a huge overview of things to come in the parks worldwide. Knowing that is happening in other parks across the globe is important b/c often, their budget allow for more impressive ride technology and experiences which eventually trickle over to the domestic parks. 

here goes:

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek Unveils Details on Spectacular Disney Parks Experiences

Celebrated stories are coming to life – from a new Marvel-themed attraction set for Disneyland Paris, to Star Wars and Pixar encounters around the world

TOKYO (Feb. 12, 2018) – Today at D23 Expo Japan 2018, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek shared exciting new details about the many ambitious projects underway around the world, from reimagined favorites to entirely new ways that guests can encounter Super Heroes, Jedi, classic characters and life-long Pixar pals.

==========================

Building on the tremendous excitement from D23 Expo in Anaheim last July, Chapek welcomed more than 2000 fans to learn more about some of the most anticipated projects in development for guests all over the world. D23 Expo Japan guests were the first to hear that the Marvel Super Hero universe will come to Disneyland Paris. Guests were also treated to a sneak peek at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World Resort and Shanghai Disney Resort, and more.

“We are hard at work creating even more ways to experience Disney magic at our parks and resorts around the world,” said Bob Chapek, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “And with our incredible library of beloved stories and characters, we know exciting adventures and magical memories are in store for all our guests.”

Larger Than Life Super Heroes

Following the news that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is preparing to incorporate popular stories and characters into Disneyland Paris, Chapek shared that the Marvel Super Hero universe will come to Walt Disney Studios Park, and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster will be totally reimagined as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure where guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers.

Fans also got a peek into one of the rooms that will open at Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel in 2020. And for those guests who just can’t wait to encounter Marvel at Disneyland Paris, starting this June, Marvel Summer of Super Heroes will bring guests face-to-face with Captain America, Spider-Man, Star-Lord and Black Widow.

Super Heroes have already descended on Hong Kong Disneyland with Iron Man Experience, the most popular attraction at the resort, and more is soon to come with an entire Marvel-themed area underway. Today, Chapek shared new details about the second new Marvel attraction set for Hong Kong Disneyland, where guests will be invited to team up with Ant-Man and The Wasp to fight Arnim Zola and his army of Hydra swarm bots in a thrilling new adventure.

Buzz is also building around Star-Lord and his fellow Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Epcot, where the real becomes fantastic and the fantastic becomes real. This one-of-a-kind family attraction will feature a brand-new, innovative ride system – and will be one of the longest enclosed roller coasters in the world! MORE DETAILS

From that link

‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Attraction at Epcot Will Be One of World’s Longest Enclosed Coasters

by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

Minutes ago at D23 Expo Japan, we shared a first look at Epcot’s highly-anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy”-themed attraction – and yes, it’s a roller coaster!

With the “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster, we’re going big. This one-of-a-kind family attraction will be one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters when it’s added to Future World at Epcot. It’ll feature a unique story currently being created by Walt Disney Imagineering and include a new innovative ride system that’s guaranteed to “wow” guests.

The “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster is part of our ongoing work to transform Epcot into a place that’s more family, more relevant, more timeless and more Disney. “As we build upon its core mission of optimism and hope to inspire the world, the real will become fantastic and the fantastic will become real—in whole new ways at Epcot,” Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, said. 

The attraction will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for future updates.

Star Wars Comes to Life

After a groundbreaking Star Wars-themed hotel concept was announced last year, fans have been eager to hear more. It will combine a luxury resort with complete immersion into an authentic Star Wars story at Walt Disney World Resort. From the moment guests arrive, their journey through space will begin as everyone boards a starship and departs together for a multi-day Star Wars adventure. Today, Chapek announced it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Chapek also shared details on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge as it comes to life at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. Fans caught a glimpse of the Millennium Falcon and an impressive fleet of life-size X-wing star fighters, which are being created for the opening of these jaw-dropping new lands. Imagineers are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible as they prepare to place fans in the middle of the action where they can live their own Star Wars stories next year.

Twenty Years of Pixar

For 20 years, Pixar has entertained guests at Disney parks all over the world – from the introduction of It’s Tough to be a Bug! and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin at Walt Disney World in 1998, to Cars Land at Disney California Adventure in 2012 – Pixar’s iconic storytelling has been a long-time favorite.

This year will surely be the “Year of Pixar” at Disney parks, with Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land opening at Shanghai Disney Resort in April, and at Walt Disney World Resort this summer. Today, fans were thrilled to learn the highly-anticipated Pixar Pier will open at Disney California Adventure on June 23, including the Incredicoaster and a future attraction themed to Disney•Pixar’s “Inside Out.” Fans also learned that a new Incredibles float will join Paint the Night this June. The popular parade returns to the Disneyland Resort – this time to Disney California Adventure – when Pixar Fest launches on April 13.

Just in time for the 20th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, fans also learned that a new, family-friendly show will debut April 22, featuring Russell and Dug from Disney•Pixar’s “Up,” as they discover species of birds from around the world.

Celebrating Classic Disney Stories

Soon, fans will be able to celebrate the mouse that started it all when Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens in 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The first-ever ride-through attraction themed to Mickey Mouse will feature a new original story and lovable theme song as it takes guests on a journey inside the wacky and unpredictable world of Disney Channel's Emmy Award-winning "Mickey Mouse" cartoon shorts using new technologies that transform the two-dimensional cartoon world into an incredible multi-dimensional experience.

Even More Disney Magic Coming to Japan

Chapek shared that starting next year, Adventures by Disney will take guests to the beautiful and storied country of Japan. Guests are also excited about the new experiences coming to Tokyo Disney Resort as part of the biggest expansion since the opening of Tokyo DisneySea. The first-ever attraction inspired by “Big Hero 6” is coming to Tomorrowland at Tokyo Disneyland, where guests will ride around with Baymax. There will also be an entirely new area in Fantasyland themed to “Beauty and the Beast,” with an attraction set to the award-winning music guests know and love. The Fantasyland expansion will also include the first full-scale, live entertainment theatre at Tokyo Disneyland, and Toontown will see a new design studio where guests can meet the one-and-only Minnie Mouse. At Tokyo DisneySea, guests will soon be able to experience a version of Soarin’, one of the most popular attractions across all Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

With so much underway, Disney parks all over the world continue to elevate the guest experience with one-of-a-kind attractions, lands, entertainment and lodging. For more information, please visit http://aboutdisneyparks.com.

I think I did mine early December.  It was a great deal.  I think its pushing $900 now.  We'll get at least 13 park days over the life of ours. 

How will the renewal work on those?  I'm thinking we're not locked into that $550 price come renewal? 
renewals will be normal price unless DVC continues the deal. There was a special DVC renewal price right along with this promo. 

however, i believe if you renew, it is effective right after expiration of the old one. Unlike a new AP which does not start until the 1st day you use it regardless of when you buy it. 

Is the Runaway Railway in the space formerly occupied by the Great Movie Ride?

Gonna miss the Aerosmith theme on the RNR, but Aerosmith movies aren't grossing a billion worldwide these days.  

Is the Runaway Railway in the space formerly occupied by the Great Movie Ride?

Gonna miss the Aerosmith theme on the RNR, but Aerosmith movies aren't grossing a billion worldwide these days.  
yes, that is the replacement for GMR

did I ever tell you guys my Aerosmith story? 
For my wife's 40th b-day I bought her tickets and a meet and greet package to Aerosmith where we got to meet Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. So leading up to this I'm wondering WTF do i say to Tyler? I mean everyone gushes over him and the music...WTF hasn't he heard by now. I ironically we were leaving for Disney 2 days after the show. 

So meet and greet comes and the handlers are pushing people thought the event b/c the band was running late. So it was literally "Say hi, smile for the cameraman, get out."  and when i say get out, there were handlers literally pushing you out the door. 

So our turn is up, we walk over and i mention to ST that it was my wife's b-day. He smiles, says 'come'here baby let me see what 40 feels like" and gives her a hug...shes over the moon. We line up and smile for the photo. As the handlers come to move us, I look at ST and say "Hey BTW, we are headed to Disney this weekend to ride your roller coaster a few hundred times" ST was like 'thats cool man, enjoy" and give me a high five. 

As we are leaving the M&G area, we hear from behind us "hey...wait...come on back" We turn around and see ST walking off the line toward us. When he gets to us he throws an arm around me and my wife and pops between us. He says 'listen. listen...when you are that ride, and you go over that first hill and the music is pumping and it goes (he breaks into song) 'Goooooooing Doooown'" he pauses, looks at me, then my wife and says to her "baby...you better go down." he then laughs, kisses her on the cheek and high fives me again before going back to the line. 

My wife was like "OMG..ST just sang to us!!!" where I was like "OMG..ST just told you to give me a BJ!" lol

For my wife's 40th b-day I bought her tickets and a meet and greet package to Aerosmith where we got to meet Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. So leading up to this I'm wondering WTF do i say to Tyler? I mean everyone gushes over him and the music...WTF hasn't he heard by now. I ironically we were leaving for Disney 2 days after the show. 

So meet and greet comes and the handlers are bitterly pushing people thought the event b/c the band was running late. So it was literally "Say hi, smile for the cameraman, get out."  and when i say get out, there were handlers literally pushing you out the door. 

So our turn is up, we walk over and i mention to ST that it was my wife's b-day. He smiles, says 'come'here baby let me see what 40 feels like" and gives her a hug...shes over the moon. We line up and smile offer the photo. As the handlers come to move us, I look at ST and say "Hey BTW, we are headed to dinner this weekend to ride your roller coaster a few hundred times" ST was like 'thats cool man, enjoy" and give me a high five. 

As we are leaving the M&G area, we hear from behind us "hey...wait...come on back" We turn around and see ST walking off the line toward us. When he gets to us he throws an arm around me and my wife and pops between us. He says 'listen. listen...when you are that ride, and you go over that first hill and the music is pumping and it goes (he breaks into song) 'Goooooooing Doooown'" he pauses, looks at me, then my wife and says to her "baby...you better go down." he then laughs, kisses her on the cheek and high fives me again before going back to the line. 

My wife was like "OMG..ST just sang to us!!!" I as like OMG..ST just told you to give me a BJ!" lol
:lmao: :lmao:

So meet and greet comes and the handlers are bitterly pushing people thought the event b/c the band was running late. So it was literally "Say hi, smile for the cameraman, get out."  and when i say get out, there were handlers literally pushing you out the door. 

So our turn is up, we walk over and i mention to ST that it was my wife's b-day. He smiles, says 'come'here baby let me see what 40 feels like" and gives her a hug...shes over the moon. We line up and smile offer the photo. As the handlers come to move us, I look at ST and say "Hey BTW, we are headed to dinner this weekend to ride your roller coaster a few hundred times" ST was like 'thats cool man, enjoy" and give me a high five. 

My wife was like "OMG..ST just sang to us!!!" I as like OMG..ST just told you to give me a BJ!" lol
:lmao: :thumbup: :headbang:  

One of my best friends from grade school spent his 20s/early 30s as a roadie for hard rock and heavy metal bands.  Based on what my friend has told me about the bands he's worked with... I will vouch that this story is 100% true.  Friend says that ST doesn't do drugs anymore, so he's either thinking about sex, rock 'n' roll, or both.  ST is always singing.  When others get a singing voice in their head and keep it there, ST sings it out loud.  If ST is walking down the hallway and sees a person, art on the wall, or anything that makes him think of a song lyric, he will start singing it.  At first it feels like shtick, but after a while you realize the music is in his blood, his brain, and the air he breathes.        

Yes, you need a reservation for B and L at BOG even though it is a quick service. However unlike other quick "Counter" service locations, at BOG you can either order your food ahead of time or at kiosks up front. Then you are seated and the food is delivered to you by a waiter/server. They use the NFC signal in your magic band to find your table. 

So unlike a counter service where you get your food and then find a table, at BOG ressies are needed b/c you get your table (basically) first and then the food follows. 
How dare you!  It's magic!

You know that psychological test where they put a candy bar in front of a kid and tell them they can eat the candy bar now, but if they can wait an hour without touching the candy bar they can have two?

So, uhh, I'm going to Disneyland for a long weekend during Pixar Fest.  
It's like I tell my kids - I'm an adult, I'll eat 2 candy bars if I want and one of them right now before dinner!

:lmao: :thumbup: :headbang:  

One of my best friends from grade school spent his 20s/early 30s as a roadie for hard rock and heavy metal bands.  Based on what my friend has told me about the bands he's worked with... I will vouch that this story is 100% true.  Friend says that ST doesn't do drugs anymore, so he's either thinking about sex, rock 'n' roll, or both.  ST is always singing.  When others get a singing voice in their head and keep it there, ST sings it out loud.  If ST is walking down the hallway and sees a person, art on the wall, or anything that makes him think of a song lyric, he will start singing it.  At first it feels like shtick, but after a while you realize the music is in his blood, his brain, and the air he breathes.        
I do that too ironically.  Too bad I can't sing to well.

5 yo daughter broke the 48 inch barrier this morning.  Guess we'll have to all wait for the RnR next month.  The wife still prefers using the FP's for TSMM.  :rolleyes:

Glad we wont have to deal with that little tantrum again this year.  She handled it well, but dang she gets upset when they won't let her ride. 

Mickey is going mute on May 12th. 

citing technical issuers and the confusion over why this Mickey talks but others don't, WDW is removing the talking Mickey from Main Street. MM will still continue to greet guests there afterward, but he will not be talking. 

Booked a DL dining package for Fantasmic at Blue Bayou.  Going for a "something DL can offer that WDW can't" event here.

In Anaheim, Fantasmic is staged on the Rivers Of America in Disneyland.  So it's not in its own stadium like at DHS.

Blue Bayou is a restaurant in the New Orleans Square section of DL.  The chef relies a bit too much on butter, but it's still a lot of fun.  Some of the tables are in a terrace setting adjacent to Pirates Of The Caribbean, so you can watch the PotC boats roll by at the start of their ride as you eat.  

You can FastPass seats to Fantasmic, but the dining package sections are smaller and have better views of Fantasmic and the fireworks.  From our spot we will be able to watch Fantasmic at 9:00 and the castle fireworks at 9:30.  We of course won't see the projections on the castle (DL will also be debuting fireworks projections along Main Street in April), but there will be projections on Tom Sawyer's Island and we won't have to move.  Blue Bayou dining section also comes with seat cushions - the dining package sections stay seated for Fantasmic while other sections stand at showtime.    

Looked into staying on-property, but Park Vue Inn is so much cheaper and so convenient to park entry.  And now that they moved the west side security check back to the other end of Downtown Disney, we can enter from the east side and hit up La Brea Bakery for morning coffee and rolls with only one pass through security.   

Thats quality t shirt material there.  It would probably an uncomfortable amount of looks to wear it. 

Wife made me get some new t shirts for our trip...I got a freaking Powerline Shirt from Target.   I'm already getting the strange looks when I wear it around here. 

Also picked up an Orlando Magic Mickey shirt
those are pretty cool.

I have dozens of funny Dis shirts that i would wear to the parks. But i had to give them up and switch over to Under Armor type shirts b/c the summer is just brutal and cotton does not do well when its 100+ degrees out. Plus, the athletic ones dry so easy after those water rides

I'm still dying to get this one and give it a tour around the MK

It takes a special someone to pull that shirt off.

I'm confused about the Rockin Roller Coaster...Is the one in Orlando being refurbed to the Ironman theme?   Or is there one in Paris thats getting that? 

OK, worth the extra $100/night to stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge as opposed to the Caribbean beach resort?  My wife and I are arguing about this... 7 nights BTW.

OK, worth the extra $100/night to stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge as opposed to the Caribbean beach resort?  My wife and I are arguing about this... 7 nights BTW.
How much do you think you will be at the resort during the day?  AKL is beautiful and really does have jungle animals roaming the grounds.  One of my favorite restaurants at WDW, Sana'a, is at AKL with windowside tables to observe the giraffes and zebras walking around.  

In terms of layout of the whole grounds... Animal Kingdom is a bit remote, so is AKL.  So you will need to plan a few extra minutes to get to MK, Epcot, DHS.  

right now...YES! I have heard horror stories about CRB right now being it is basically totoally under construction. One of the podcasts I heard this week said that without notice, all the rooms had their hot water shut off. The quick service location has been moved to a tent out back and everything is in disarray. He said that its a sin they didn't close that resort down while they renovated. 

If you want to stay moderate, I would recommend Port Orleans

Piggy backing what @Bruce Dickinson said. As a resort, AKL is one of my favorite resorts. Never have my kids actually WANTED to go back to the resort until we stayed there. If you go that route, I recommend staying in Jambo house strictly for the grander of the lobby (google it) and the proximity to dining. The animal viewing is fantastic and they have cultural enrichment throughout the day where kids can earn beads toward making an African pendant. 

The down side is that it is off the beaten path, so  while it is technically a deluxe resort, it is not within walking distance to any park unlike a Beach Club or Contemporary would be. Plus the resort is Huuuuuuge. We were unlucky enough to get the very last room on the Zebra trail and it was literally 1/4 mile walk back to the lobby. 

Overall, it is a very special experience staying there. 

Users who are viewing this thread