What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

Mickey is going mute on May 12th. 

citing technical issuers and the confusion over why this Mickey talks but others don't, WDW is removing the talking Mickey from Main Street. MM will still continue to greet guests there afterward, but he will not be talking. 
We saw the talking Mickey yesterday, kids were blown away, glad they got to see it. 

If it was talked about in here, I missed it  anyone done or doing the star wars VR experience. Getting great reviews. 

Is there a general go-to site for the basics of taking kids to Disney for their first time? I’m thinking of possibly bringing a 5-6 year old in the spring or summer. 

Is there a general go-to site for the basics of taking kids to Disney for their first time? I’m thinking of possibly bringing a 5-6 year old in the spring or summer. 
aside from the links above, all i can say is plan to go at their pace and expect to do 2/3 of what you planned to do. 

IDK if they are readers, but there is a good book, Birnbaums WDW Guidebook for Kids. It goes over all the rides and attractions in kid-speak. You can read that together and let them pick the attractions they want to do. It gets them involved and excited. Also you can watch Youtube videos of rides to get them adjusted to the experience. 

Are you planning on staying on site or off? b/c at that age, doing full days in the park is tough. Bring the stroller even if they don't use one regularly, Its a great place to nap and get out of the sun. Otherwise, you'll be the one carrying the little bag of sand once they fall asleep.  

Book some character meals. Its the best way to get those character interactions w/o waiting on line.

Prince or princess? there are some extras like the Bippity Boppity Boutique or the Pirates league where they will do makeovers for them. 

I'll think of more and post later 

Boy or Girl?  Are they into Disney characters at all?

Reason I ask...we took our twin boys when they were 4 and they were all into Cars and Jake so we did one character breakfast at Hollywood Studios and then did the Disney Jr. Stuff...that was literally the only thing they cared about that was "Disney".  They just loved the rides and stuff.

We took them again when they were 6 and they couldn't give a crap about any of the characters...just wanted to do the rides and stuff.  I had to really talk up the Star Wars Jedi in Training thing (and I hate Star Wars, but I heard it was cool for kids) and they just thought it was ok.  They loved the rides and probably had the most fun doing to the water slide at the hotel.

My point is, there really isn't a set formula, and my kids are probably a tad of an anomoly...but it's really easy to go down a rabbit hole and waste a lot of time and money if you don't stop for a sec and think about the basics.

Well that sure didn't take long. I'm assuming there is no universal studios issue with him showing up at Disney world? 
Disney is going to push this issue the next couple years.  The GOTG ride at Epcot and rebranding the Aerosmith coaster with Avengers content will be major attractions with Marvel IP.  I suppose the big thing will be if they put Spidey or Hulk in that new Avengers coaster,  since those two are highlights at IOA.

Disney is going to push this issue the next couple years.  The GOTG ride at Epcot and rebranding the Aerosmith coaster with Avengers content will be major attractions with Marvel IP.  I suppose the big thing will be if they put Spidey or Hulk in that new Avengers coaster,  since those two are highlights at IOA.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think the marvel overlay is just happening in Paris...not in Orlando.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think the marvel overlay is just happening in Paris...not in Orlando.
Sonuva.  Rereading the official press release, yes the Marvel overlay is a go at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris.  The overlay also hitting Orlando is just speculation at this point.  

Oh, crap.  Sorry about misleading anyone on that.

Nothing says Halloween like 108 degree weather. In keeping with Disney's private party push, the No So scary Halloween Party is opening a week earlier then the already ridiculous late-August opening last year. 

There will be five total parties in August, starting on 8/17 then on 8/21, 8/24, 8/28, and 8/31.

`

Nothing says Halloween like 108 degree weather. In keeping with Disney's private party push, the No So scary Halloween Party is opening a week earlier then the already ridiculous late-August opening last year. 

There will be five total parties in August, starting on 8/17 then on 8/21, 8/24, 8/28, and 8/31.

`
Holy stupid. 

How does this stop that? We will not be on the dining plan so I dont care if they made it 5 sit down meals
it will thin out the demand b/c 1. the price will rise. Look at other signature menu prices like Tiffins with $35-50 per plate and $10 sides. Most guests are not paying for that per plate, them's buffet prices. 2. The menu, some people may be turned off by it. 3. That extra TS credit is coveted. People who use the DDP are not keen on paying out of pocket, even for 1 meal. So you need a real good reason to forgo a day's TS credit for another day and make it QS all the way. 4. BOG was an incredible value for 1 TS. As far as food goes, BOG was def high end especially against the restaurants inside the MK. That alone drove a lot of the demand.  

Looks like someone forgot to update the BOG feature bc I still cant make an ADR for dinner

Last edited by a moderator:
The traffic to that website/app has to be outrageous every morning at 7am.  All things considered, its a pretty slick website...

Countdown in our house has begun...15 days til departure.

@glvsav37 Did they raise the prices for the Star Wars dessert party. 

I was going to book it but at close to $300 for it, I think that prices me out of it. 

I was going to book it but at close to $300 for it, I think that prices me out of it. 
IDK...not doing it this trip, so i wasn't watching.

I got a text saying BOG ADRs were avail but I passed b/c i knot my family won't be into he new menu. 

We're still toying with the idea...I think I'm the only one against it.   That's just a lot of money for a little fun.  My wife still has the most pull in our house though, so we might bite the bullet.

We're still toying with the idea...I think I'm the only one against it.   That's just a lot of money for a little fun.  My wife still has the most pull in our house though, so we might bite the bullet.
I'm not going to lie, I think they are fun and usually worth it. Plus, I put a very high value on "convenience" while there. I love the fireworks show, but hate waiting for an hour+ for a pretty good spot and risk some dips hit with n iPad to block my view. I always budget for something special like this b/c it does make you feel somewhat special and exclusive for a change and not part of the sweaty herd. 

That said, if I go in the summer and peak season. If I knew it would be less crowded while there, i might forego an expense like this.  

But tours, parties, special events are things that plus the theme park experience just enough. 

Wow! nothing more than the announcement so far, but WDW released a statement that the Wonders of Life building will no longer be used as their current festival center. For over 10 years the long-closed pavilion has been used at the main merch and event space for whatever current festival is being held. 

Similarly exciting, there are photos of groups of what seems like Imagineers and construction types scoping out the location in the last few days. 

Personally, I would love to see WOL come back. I loved Body Wars even though it was a knockoff of Star Tours. But even if that did not happen, I know everyone is talking about the characters from Inside Out getting an attraction and many are pointing at it being the replacement for Imagination. However, I have long said that their ride should be over at WOL. I think their stories fit better there. I would love to see a ride where you were a memory, riding through in a ball type vehicle (similar to those from Jurrasic World) and you roll through the ride visiting different parts of the brain and how it affects the body.  

interested in following this. 

In more MK dining news, following the announcement about BOG changing to a 2 TS credit dinner, now the old QS location Pinocchio's Village Haus will serve a buffet-style dinner. 

According to cast members at the restaurant, guests will find offerings in a buffet style dinner at “Gepetto’s Village Haus Buffet”, priced at $22 per adult, $12 per child. The lineup should include “Italian food” offerings such as multiple salads, baked ziti, meatballs, pasta alfredo, chicken parmesan, flatbreads, breadsticks, cannolis, and Italian cakes.

Reservations should open soon. The start date has not been disclosed yet.
PVH is already serving a buffet breakfast as part of the early morning magic special ticket. 

Edit to add...that price is rather low for Disney buffet standards. So I don't expect much more than what is listed. 

the 1st signs of the new WDW Club 33's have shown up in the American Adventure in Epcot. A magic band reader, doorbell, and speaker has been installed next to a small entrance into the pavilion. 

Walt Disney World plans to open a Club 33 location in each of the four theme parks, though they are yet to confirm any of those locations as of yet. The rumored locations include the Adventureland Veranda at the Magic Kingdom, the upstairs lounge at the American Adventure in Epcot (pretty much confirmed here), the former Catwalk Bar at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and a back room at Tiffins at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park. Memberships are currently being sold to Golden Oak residents only.

I'm a sucker for aerial photography of the property.

Looks like ground has been cleared for the new Ratatouille attraction going behind Epcot's France Pavilion. The opening date is expected to be sometime in 2020, so we have some time, no need to make FP's just yet. 

adding:

If you look at this picture, the construction happening behind the Swan and Dolphin is the new tower being constructed at Coronado Springs. 

And you can barely make it out, but it looks like a tower has been constructed for the new gondola transportation system that will have a station at the International Gateway entrance. It is on the right side of the waterway, right in front of that row of trees by those Beach Club Villa rooms.

Fun fact, that area used to be the turnaround area for the tram that use to run from the Swan/Dolphin to Epcot before the Boardwalk resort was built. 

glvsav37 said:
i think its the menu there that hurts it....plus i think typical DL guests are more loyal to their original attractions. 
Agreed. Every time I look, I say, my wife is the only one who will enjoy the food here. 

Any word on a Free Dining Plan this year?....or are those things going the way of the dodo until about 2025?  
those usually don't come out until just before summer if i recall correctly. 

I know it is something that a lot of people look for and almost threaten to tear down the castle of its is ever canceled, but I know Disney loves to toy with canceling it and i know they put a decent amount of restrictions on it—like select resorts and room types. I've never taken advantage of it (can't travel then), but I've heard that most times, the room discount works out to be a better deal. IDK? 

I would think though that once SW land opens, the demand will be so great that I think that is when they will suspend free dining, at least for a season or 2. I don't think they will have a problem filling rooms for those first few years.  

can someone give me full run down of the food at Cape May for dinner. 

I love sea food, and my son just developed a crazy obsession with crab legs, but the rest of my family eats no sea food what so ever. 

so while it will be perfect for the boy and I, I'm not sure there will be enough there for my land-loving family members. 

can someone give me full run down of the food at Cape May for dinner. 

I love sea food, and my son just developed a crazy obsession with crab legs, but the rest of my family eats no sea food what so ever. 

so while it will be perfect for the boy and I, I'm not sure there will be enough there for my land-loving family members. 
From what I remember, they had chicken and pizza and maybe even steak. It's been a while, but I def remember there being choices for non seafood people. 

Cape May is great if you want fresh crab legs. For the non-seafood types they have a plethora of perfectly mediocre buffet food. Baked chicken, some pastas, that crap pizza, etc. But you are paying for the crab legs. They also have a mediocre paella with seafood and some salmon and other seafood dishes. My wife and I go about twice a year. 

My wife, the kids (13-year-old girl, 8-year-old boy) and I are headed to Disney World the second week of April. We're staying at the Polynesian. We're looking at four days at Disney World and we're going to try to hit Universal in a day.

Two questions: We've been to Disneyland four times since 2009 (including last October). Assume that we don't mind skipping the rides that Disneyland and Magic Kingdom have in common. Are Disneyland and MK similar enough that we could do it in a day and concentrate on the other parks? Second question: Does a hopper pass make things that much better?It's not going to break the bank if we upgrade to hopper, but the $250 difference could be spent elsewhere. 

Thanks! 

Users who are viewing this thread