What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

Concur that last Monday was nuts at MK. I wonder if most people who come down for a week are doing MWF or MTuThF (I was the second) and want to start the week off at MK, which leads to Mondays being heavier. Crystal Palace was overpriced, but not terrible.

Tuesday at Epcot. Loved Guardians. My five year old did it. I was prepared for him to come out in tears (as his 7 yo sister did on Mine Train the day before). Turns to me and says, do I still have my face, cause I loved that. He proceeded to rock space mountain, then double rode slinky dog when his siblings wouldn’t go. Lunch at Space 220 was surprisingly good. Sit down meals that anchor the day and give an hour respite from the heat were key for us. 3 yo favorite ride of the trip perhaps was the Mexico Hermanoes boat ride. Amazing the money that was spent on that unassuming attraction. Dinner at Akershuss can only be recommended if you have a daughter that needs princesses. Would have rather eaten anywhere else.

Wednesday was Chef Mickeys, which was again a picture Opportunity, but gives very good ones. I can take a picture with the kids and goofy. I’d look like a creep hoping in one with Belle. Dinner was at Victoria and Alberts. Neither my wife nor I are oenophiles so went with a zero proof pairing, which was great (type of thing that makes me want to get a juicer). Service was phenomenal up to the coffee, where it faded pretty hard. 9 courses, then three dessert courses. Wife loved the duck and langoustine. Mine was the fish. Both of us were underwhelmed by the wagyu beef. I had two good, but not spectacular cocktails. She had one glass of wine. Total was $1300.

Thursday back to the MK. For the 3 PM parade, we unknowingly got on of the best spots possible. Where Liberty Square comes in to the castle prominade there is a little bridge. Just past that there is a shaded spot that is front row. Best spot for a Disney parade I’ve ever had. Shade was vital, because my wife burned a LL on the parade viewing and it was direct sun. For the fireworks my 3yo freaked. Took him to Aladdin’s carpets and the operators let us stay in. I could get a great view and he could try to have the camel spit on me. Dinner at Cinderella castle was better than Akershuss and the venue is cool.

Just got back from HS today, where I got the most unique ToT and elevator. The one when your kid bows out after the initial room. That one just goes down 1 floor and doesn’t drop at all. 4 days with 3 kids (3/5/7) is a lot and I was ok pulling the plug early. Slinky dog is such a well done mild coaster.

Wife has MS and we combined her DAS with Genie + and it was a cheat code. We didn’t walk on anything with a wait longer than 10 minutes. She was good until today where she really started to have leg issues. I pushed a double stroller exclusively and got 84,000 steps in 4 park days. I’m ready for my vacation now.

Dining plan lovers, get ready. Disney just announced that the DDP will come back on Jan 9, 2024. Right now there are 2 options, a Quick Service plan and a Sit Down Dining plan. Details of each have not been made yet, Stay tuned

Alos, on Jan 9th, park pass reservations will no longer be required. Anyone holding a day ticket will no longer have to designate which park they are visiting. AP and special ticket holders will still have to at the moment.

I will say that I was not properly prepared for the Guardians ride. I'm honestly not sure what I expected, but that wasn't it. I'm shocked I didn't puke.

Do you do coasters or skip them? Did you enjoy it despite feeling a little sick? I talked to a Mom that I ended up riding next too and the ride kind of made her sick too - but she was a trooper for her kids. Me, I can't believe how much I loved the ride. And you could tell from our Photopass - I have the biggest, goofiest grin on my face in every pic we got riding it. I mean, I looked like a deranged person I was grinning so much.

Fireworks was crazy. Beautiful as usual, but also mobbed. Lots of idiots out there who will try to jump in front of you or, worse bully a kid out of the way. Me and this old lady verbally beat down a Karen who tried to steal a spot when a father took one kid to the bathroom while the older sister watched their spot. They knew what they were doing, they were hawking out spots for a while and tried to take advantage of a teenager. Anyway, they left.

Was going to post about the parks and new rides but been sick the last several days - got something I think right before we got back. Anyway, quick Karen story from our trip. We were not aware of the change in allowing folks to get in prior to early entry to get to a ride before it started - I knew they used to do that at regular admission time but wasn't aware for early entry. Anyway, we sort of screwed ourselves on MK day by not getting there early enough so we were with the mob right at early entry time trying to get in the Seven Dwarves line. No big deal as we hadn't waited in line much all week and we had just eaten an early Kona breakfast. So, we get in line and it's already saying close to an hour. We waited about 15 minutes and had made our way almost to the stroller parking when this lady just wander in front of us in line. All while he husband and two kids stand about 5 feet away. She's all looking around like a sightseer while my wife and I make eye contact and just roll our eyes. Finally, my wife says, "excuse me, the line starts back there" and points. The lady turned in to Audrey Hepburn with her acting skills, "line? Line? Oh" I'll give her credit she was almost believable her acting was so good. So of course for the rest of the trip we all made light of it "line? Line???" whenever we would get in line. I totally get not wanting to stand in line and feel bad for people who can't afford Genie+ but come on - don't insult my intelligence all while trying to cut in front of me.

Alos, on Jan 9th, park pass reservations will no longer be required. Anyone holding a day ticket will no longer have to designate which park they are visiting. AP and special ticket holders will still have to at the moment.

They also mentioned to AP holders that they will have some set days where no reservation is required.

I'm wondering how many people get set day tickets (as a %) - For most it's probably fine but in the past since I lived close enough, I enjoyed having a 10 or 14 day ticket that I could use any time.

Are they dropping the 2pm park hopper start time as well?

Are they dropping the 2pm park hopper start time as well?

Definitely not for AP holders but it’s a little unclear (to me at least) if you have a date based park hopper ticket if the 2pm hopping time applies. I would guess it doesn’t since you don’t have to have a park reservation but it’s not explicitly mentioned that I see. I think it would have to not apply because I’m not sure how would they would track it.

Well if you have not taken a voyage into space on the Star Wars Galactic Starcuiser yet, you may want to do it. The experience is closing for good with its last voyage being Sept 28th.

From Disney:
“Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is one of our most creative projects ever and has been praised by our Guests and recognized for setting a new bar for innovation and immersive entertainment. This premium experience gave us the opportunity to try new things on a smaller scale of 100 rooms, and we will take what we’ve learned to create future experiences that can reach more of our Guests and fans. We will be contacting Guests booked for voyages departing on or after Sept. 30 to discuss their options and modify their plans. To prioritize these Guests, we are pausing new bookings until May 26. We are so proud of all of the Cast Members and Imagineers who brought Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to life and look forward to delivering an excellent experience for Guests during the remaining voyages over the coming months.”

Nothing got my wife's friend worked up more than the Starcruiser concept. Looks like it's ending just like she predicted, only a little sooner than she predicted. I never understood what they were thinking...especially at that price point.

We depart Saturday. Its been a minute since we've been on a proper Disney Trip. 3 days at the Poly then 4 at Old Key West. We have 6 days of park tickets and park hopper.

I'm trying to temper all my expectations on this trip...I'm nervous and excited.

We depart Saturday. Its been a minute since we've been on a proper Disney Trip. 3 days at the Poly then 4 at Old Key West. We have 6 days of park tickets and park hopper.

I'm trying to temper all my expectations on this trip...I'm nervous and excited.

Considering what I figure you paid for the Poly and OKW, pay for Genie+ each day - it’s worth it.

Considering what I figure you paid for the Poly and OKW, pay for Genie+ each day - it’s worth it.
Yeah, Genie is a new concept to us. We plan on getting it.

We're DVC members, so we cashed in some points for the rooms. Honestly, if my parents we're DVC members Disney probably wouldn't be on our radar anymore. We're very fortunate.

We're DVC members, so we cashed in some points for the rooms. Honestly, if my parents we're DVC members Disney probably wouldn't be on our radar anymore. We're very fortunate.

Gotcha. Genie was new to us and I was hesitant to get it but after being there, learning more how it works and then using it I’m a huge convert. Happy to help answer any questions you may have.

Nothing got my wife's friend worked up more than the Starcruiser concept. Looks like it's ending just like she predicted, only a little sooner than she predicted. I never understood what they were thinking...especially at that price point.
I am all for wasting money, especially when I am on vacation. At this point in my life, I refuse to go to a water park if we don’t get a private cabana. Having said that, I had zero desire to spend that type of money on the star cruiser. It makes zero sense. The idea was a decent one. They finally over priced themselves.

My daughter has been watching these YouTube videos where friends compete to see how many rides they can. Some have genie, some do lightning lane and some do nothing. I was watching over her shoulder. Girl who did nothing was definitely winning the day from what I saw. Anyway, I think she has this idea that we should do something like that when we go in November.

Gotcha. Genie was new to us and I was hesitant to get it but after being there, learning more how it works and then using it I’m a huge convert. Happy to help answer any questions you may have.

You do the big ticket rides first? I've done next to no research on this. My wife said if you get up and book Tron and you get a reservation at 6pm that its basically useless until you ride tron?

Am I gonna be required to wake up at 6am with a game plan every morning?

You do the big ticket rides first? I've done next to no research on this. My wife said if you get up and book Tron and you get a reservation at 6pm that its basically useless until you ride tron?

Tron is not on Genie+. It has a whole separate ordeal.

For Genie+ you book 1 reservation, and then you get to book another one either after you use that one OR after 2 hours pass. So you can book a reservation for way in the future, and then after 2 hours you can book another one (and have 2 reservations at a time).

The only tricky part is the 2 hour clock doesn't start until park open, so if you book your first ride at 7am (7am is when genie+ opens up, not 6am) you can't book the next one until 2 hours after the park opens.

So for instance if park opens at 8am, and at 7am you book Space Mountain for 6pm, then at 10am you can book another ride even though you haven't used your space mountain reservation yet.

I just used genie+ for the first time last month. It SOUNDS complicated when you're reading about it ahead of time. But once you get there and get your hands on it, it's actually pretty easy and convenient. They just need to work on the messaging a bit (and especially the naming since they gave several different things almost the same name).

Tron is not on Genie+. It has a whole separate ordeal.

For Genie+ you book 1 reservation, and then you get to book another one either after you use that one OR after 2 hours pass. So you can book a reservation for way in the future, and then after 2 hours you can book another one (and have 2 reservations at a time).

The only tricky part is the 2 hour clock doesn't start until park open, so if you book your first ride at 7am (7am is when genie+ opens up, not 6am) you can't book the next one until 2 hours after the park opens.

So for instance if park opens at 8am, and at 7am you book Space Mountain for 6pm, then at 10am you can book another ride even though you haven't used your space mountain reservation yet.

I just used genie+ for the first time last month. It SOUNDS complicated when you're reading about it ahead of time. But once you get there and get your hands on it, it's actually pretty easy and convenient. They just need to work on the messaging a bit (and especially the naming since they gave several different things almost the same name).

I thought it was pretty easy to use. I used it at Hollywood Studios last August. I booked Aerosmith and then waited in line for Tower of Terror. Then once we got off Tower of Terror, we used the Genie for Aerosmith and got on right away. Then I booked Smugglers Run and waited for Rise of the Empire. Honestly, by 5pm, Hollywood Studios was pretty dead. I could have rode pretty much anything with nothing more than a 20 minute wait.

Right? Total opposite of the traditional Star Wars marketing philosophy, which is mass marketing at a price point accessible to everyone.

Then again, that hasn't worked for Star Wars in the past so I don't blame them for trying something new. :bored:

Stayed at Wilderness Lodge last night. Great first floor room with about a 2 minute walk to the boat launch. The blue boat not going directly to Contemporary is one serious PITA. We had to take the red boat over to the MK and then take the monorail over to the Contemporary for dinner at California Grill. Bussing it would have been worse imo. We managed to stretch out dinner starting at 7:15 to the MK fireworks at 9:20.

California Grill’s fixed price 3 course meal is awesome. Highly recommend. We both did a wine pairing as well (standard and fancy). My filet was nicely cooked and dessert paired with a dessert wine was great too. I left out the short rib wontons. Those are 💰. And then the fun began once we left.

Had to get back on the monorail to go back to the MK to get the boat to Wilderness Lodge. Naturally it was around 10 so the MK exit was a total cluster**** right after closing. Thousands of people lined up to catch the monorail or ferry to get back to the ticket and transportation center. Bus area looked even worse imo. Fortunately for us, the red boat came within 5 minutes of waiting and we were able to get on. The boat was packed, but at least we got on it. They really need to bring back all the resort boats asap.

We are going next week and it’s kind of shocking how many reservations are available. Last night I asked my wife hey I wonder if we can get a droid or light saber reservation (at Hollywood) and she pulled it up and on one day there were about a dozen spots available for both. Last time we looked (probably 2021?) you couldn’t pray to find a spot even months in advance.

Give me some lounge/bars recommendations- really going to try and be relaxed this trip. Lots of drinking :banned:
Trader Sams is my favorite.
The tequila bar in the Mexican pavilion is awesome.
The moonshine drinks at Chef Art Smiths Homecomin is an underrated one.
Sitting at the bar to watch the dancers at Raglan Road is pretty cool as well.

Got a Zombie at Trader Sams Tiki Terrace before ‘Ohana last night. Wait time in the bar was 2.5 hours :lmao:

‘Ohana - still really good and if you can put away food it can be worth it. I think I ate an entire pan of the shrimp and about 15 potstickers. Steak is meh but I really enjoyed the new chicken. I know they did it for cost cutting but thigh are so much better and they do a nice job with it. I’m still full this morning :porked:

How did you get reservations at Ohana. Every time I try they don't have them.
Check every morning. I usually get to the job site pretty early. I'll check as I'm waiting and can usually get a reservation at a reasonable time within a week or so of trying.

Somehow, someway I got an O'hana reservation for my party of 6 @ 8:20pm for Sunday, August 13th. I am beyond excited as I haven't been there in years due to being unable to get reservations. I did notice that there were available reservations every day I looked. I wonder if they added more tables or I just got lucky.

We are going next week and it’s kind of shocking how many reservations are available. Last night I asked my wife hey I wonder if we can get a droid or light saber reservation (at Hollywood) and she pulled it up and on one day there were about a dozen spots available for both. Last time we looked (probably 2021?) you couldn’t pray to find a spot even months in advance.

When I go to HS, my family always eats at Mama Melrose. It's a hidden gem.

Give me some lounge/bars recommendations- really going to try and be relaxed this trip. Lots of drinking :banned:
Trader Sams is my favorite.
The tequila bar in the Mexican pavilion is awesome.
The moonshine drinks at Chef Art Smiths Homecomin is an underrated one.
Sitting at the bar to watch the dancers at Raglan Road is pretty cool as well.

Got a Zombie at Trader Sams Tiki Terrace before ‘Ohana last night. Wait time in the bar was 2.5 hours :lmao:

‘Ohana - still really good and if you can put away food it can be worth it. I think I ate an entire pan of the shrimp and about 15 potstickers. Steak is meh but I really enjoyed the new chicken. I know they did it for cost cutting but thigh are so much better and they do a nice job with it. I’m still full this morning :porked:

How did you get reservations at Ohana. Every time I try they don't have them.
Check every morning. I usually get to the job site pretty early. I'll check as I'm waiting and can usually get a reservation at a reasonable time within a week or so of trying.

Somehow, someway I got an O'hana reservation for my party of 6 @ 8:20pm for Sunday, August 13th. I am beyond excited as I haven't been there in years due to being unable to get reservations. I did notice that there were available reservations every day I looked. I wonder if they added more tables or I just got lucky.
I can’t prove it, we haven’t even been this year, but I am guessing attendance is way down.

I can’t prove it, we haven’t even been this year, but I am guessing attendance is way down.

I manage vacation rentals in the area and demand is definitely way down this summer compared to most summers.

First half of April was the busiest I've ever seen it, but it's slowed down fast since then. I think travel demand in general is finally starting to level off back to normal.

When I go to HS, my family always eats at Mama Melrose. It's a hidden gem.
My daughter and I went there beginning of May. It's probably been a good 10 years since we've been, but it was really good.

Got back early in the week from my wife's 50th birthday celebration. Had a fantastic time. Some highlights/thoughts:
  • Stating the obvious but it is hot as balls in June. That's the first time we've gone this time and year and most likely our last. We know what we are doing (up early, long break midday, lots of water, sunscreen, shade, a/c, etc.) so it was easily manageable but still it takes a lot out of you at our ages. We did 3 days and we were pretty wiped out by just those 3 days.
  • Genie+ makes the crowd level ALMOST unimportant. Especially if you are a veteran park goer and know what things you want to skip anyway. Still not a fan of the 7am wakeup to join the virtual queues and to get your first LL but it's not bad and I'm always up anyway. On the plus side - using Genie+ definitely allows for families to sleep in if they choose too - we only did rope drop 1 of 3 days as it really wasn't necessary
  • Guardians is the greatest ride I've ever been on - I struggle to have a solid second choice. We got VQ twice and paid to ride it twice. Totally worth it. The odd thing was we managed to get in the 1:00 VQ at 3:45 - we almost missed it but managed to get in one of the last groups offered. We were sitting at MK and heading to the monorail when I noticed it was still available. I kept doing the math in my head on the ride over - was shocked given crowd levels it was still open that late in the day.
  • I'm still a total sucker for Food and Wine and the spring version - Flower and Garden. It's way overpriced but I just love hitting up the booths and trying different stuff and hanging out in World Showcase. Between Guardians and World Showcase/F&W/F&G EPCOT jumps over everything but Hollywood - those 2 parks I love. I enjoy the other two but I honestly don't have a huge reason to go to MK - Tron is just new and didn't wow me, it will wear off quickly like Dwarves did. I would almost put MK last of the 4 parks now.
  • Here was our dining:
    • Yatchsman Steakhouse - solid steak but not spectacular. Sides were pretty good too. On the Disney food scale I'd give it a solid B. Also got the Mickey birthday cake for her (dark chocolate) - it was really good.
    • Shula's - I know it's not "Disney" but it's the best meal on property I've ever had. So freaking good. And honestly, if you had to choose between Yatchsman and Shula's I'm taking Shula's 10/10 times and it's not close. And the cost isn't so much more that it's a huge deal, IMO. A+
    • Brown Derby - this place was not great - probably a C or C-. I got it solely for the Fantasmic Dining Package which end up being worth it. Showed up about 20 minutes before the show and got 5th row center seats - perfect viewing.
    • Beaches and Cream - we were so full from F&G and hot/tired that we skipped dessert, which seems crazy obviously but we just couldn't do it. Food is still pretty solid and not too overpriced. B - it's a B+ with dessert mixed in.
    • Kona - Tonga Toast my man - I think my favorite breakfast on property. A
  • So, overall I was ecstatic with the food during the trip - hit several kiosks at F&G and other than the Brown Derby's limited menu and ok food everything was great.
  • Wife and I wore our buttons each day (birthday one for her, Celebrating one for me). She went and had hers personalized at the Xmas Shoppe in MK and it looked cool. Limited pixie dust though. She got free churros in Mexico and I'm convinced they gave us the best spot at Yatchsman - front of the restaurant in the prime bay window seat overlooking the pools and beach area. But that was it outside of a couple hundred people wishing her happy birthday. I think what sucks is we had heard stories from years gone by about it and then I think people started abusing it wearing the button when it wasn't their birthday to get stuff. No big deal, I can afford to pixie dust my wife myself :oldunsure: but I was hoping for her she might get something.
  • Stayed in All-Star Sports. They aren't great but still a solid value and nice enough and clean enough to make it easily worth staying there, especially with AP discount
  • Wife had a great time and that's all I cared about.

Another note on the birthday cake. I had read you could add it to your ADR but couldn't get it to work in the app or website. And I read that they run out of them. So, I called and talked to a CM - "sorry, we aren't allowed to add them any longer". Ok, well, how do I get it - "you can go to the restaurant in person 4 days ahead of time". Me :mellow: - hey Disney, I don't ****ing live in Orlando and want to give you my money. How hard is it to take my order on the phone? So, I'm pissed and try to call the resaurant directly - which as you all know is impossible. Finally, I find a number - the Disney Cake Hotline! Fantastic, so I call and talk to the person. "Sorry, we can't order those for you". What the actual **** - "you are the cake hotline, right? For Mickey and Disney cakes?" Anyway, in hindsight I ended up wasting 2 hours of my life because when I checked in I just asked if I could order one and they said sure, what kind. :mad:

So, I have some news.

As I write this I'm sitting in my official training to become a licensed Disney Travel Agent. After years of cutting my teeth here giving advice and news, it's time to make some money off of it. lol

It will be a few more weeks of training before I'm officially off on my own, but I wanted to start spreading the word. I'll be able to book WDW, DL, Aluani, the Disney cruise line, and then eventually all the major cruise lines.

I will still run my marketing agency, but this is something that I've wanted to do, and it is something I want to begin building for my wife, who will be retiring from teaching in a few years and eventually become a partner with me.

Stay tuned, and now I have skin in the game, I'll be sure to keep this thread updated more often.

So, I have some news.

As I write this I'm sitting in my official training to become a licensed Disney Travel Agent. After years of cutting my teeth here giving advice and news, it's time to make some money off of it. lol

It will be a few more weeks of training before I'm officially off on my own, but I wanted to start spreading the word. I'll be able to book WDW, DL, Aluani, the Disney cruise line, and then eventually all the major cruise lines.

I will still run my marketing agency, but this is something that I've wanted to do, and it is something I want to begin building for my wife, who will be retiring from teaching in a few years and eventually become a partner with me.

Stay tuned, and now I have skin in the game, I'll be sure to keep this thread updated more often.
I've always wanted to try this but never had the guts to take the chance. Congratulations, I know you will do great.

So, I have some news.

Hey, as soon as you are good to go, share an email address, PM or whatever. I always know people planning a trip.

So, I have some news.

Hey, as soon as you are good to go, share an email address, PM or whatever. I always know people planning a trip.
I will, thank you! It is def a "leads-based" business so any help spreading the word is greatly appreciated. :ptts:

Pro/cons for going in March vs May? I know, dvc points wise, it's much cheaper to go in May. Like, stay an extra day for the same amount of points cheaper. Is it because of the higher chance of rain and thunder storms? I know may is much hotter.
Secondary question: Jambo vs Kidani. We're taking my parents next year and they really want to stay there to see the animals. I've stayed at Kidani and we saw a ton of animals than, but we spent very little time in Jambo except for breakfast, so I didn't check it out much.

Pro/cons for going in March vs May? I know, dvc points wise, it's much cheaper to go in May. Like, stay an extra day for the same amount of points cheaper. Is it because of the higher chance of rain and thunder storms? I know may is much hotter.
Secondary question: Jambo vs Kidani. We're taking my parents next year and they really want to stay there to see the animals. I've stayed at Kidani and we saw a ton of animals than, but we spent very little time in Jambo except for breakfast, so I didn't check it out much.

We've started an annual tradition of going in May because it's so much cheaper and less crowded then. We went the 1st week of May this year and it was perfect. Not too hot, not too crowded. Maybe we got lucky on the weather though.

May and Sept are the quietest months, but the weather is awful in September.

So, I have some news.

I will, thank you! It is def a "leads-based" business so any help spreading the word is greatly appreciated. :ptts:

We should collaborate. I manage about a dozen vacation rentals in the area. I'm not sure what kind of stuff you make your money on. Usually once people book with us they have their lodging (obviously) and typically flights already booked, but not their Disney tickets and Disney stuff. Not sure if that is helpful or if you need to be booking flights and lodging for it to be worthwhile.

We've started an annual tradition of going in May because it's so much cheaper and less crowded then. We went the 1st week of May this year and it was perfect. Not too hot, not too crowded. Maybe we got lucky on the weather though.

May and Sept are the quietest months, but the weather is awful in September.
Yeah, been during September twice. Definitely one of the circles of hell at that time weather wise.

So, I have some news.

This is AWESOME. Congrats

can't speak on the time of year, but to the AKL resorts, you've said you stayed there so you already know a little bit about them, so:

It really depends on how you value things.

Jambo is such a grand resort, the lobby is spectacular. So if you love waking up every day and walking through there, and feeling like you are in an authentic African resort, then I would stay there. If the room is more of a utility to you and you want to get out to the bus, then Kidani is a perfect choice. Still very well-themed, but you dont have the overall grandeur. Plus tons of small sitting nooks and places to relax.

Both provide amazing animal viewing. However, Jambo has the small trail and often there are guides there to explain some animal facts.

My family values breakfast highly when on a Disney vacation. So having QS locations like The Mara in the resort is important to us. KIdani offers some breakfast options but not as much as the full-time QS location at Jambo.

As for restaurants, they both have amazing dining, but I rate Sannaa over all of them, so KIdani wins there.

From what I understand, the pool and grill at Kidani is better than Jambo, plus is prob a little less crowded.

I also think the buses pick up and drop off 1st at Kidani, so you have a better chance of getting a seat if you stay there.

My biggest gripe about the resort overall though is the distance between the 2 locations..its a hike (no pun intended). All of the other DVC/Deluxe resort combos are a short walk between them. So you can have the less appointed DVC villa area but still easily access the Deluxe resort amenities.

So, I have some news.

We should collaborate. I manage about a dozen vacation rentals in the area. I'm not sure what kind of stuff you make your money on. Usually once people book with us they have their lodging (obviously) and typically flights already booked, but not their Disney tickets and Disney stuff. Not sure if that is helpful or if you need to be booking flights and lodging for it to be worthwhile.
cool. I have not gone through my official disney training just yet (that's next after I finish the Royal Caribbean module). Once I found out how the commissions are structured and what we can/can't sell, we can def see if there is a way to work together. I'll also be selling Universal as well, so there is another opportunity, and I heard Universal is a lot easier to deal with then WDW

Anyone gone to Disneyland this summer? We're going for our first ever trip at the beginning of August, and was wondering what we could expect crowdwise. We are WDW veterans, but newbies to DL. It was never in our plans to go, but we were heading out west, primarily for Grand Canyon and national parks, and we figured that was as close to Anaheim as we'd probably get for the foreseeable future, so we're going for 3 days. I've read this whole thread, but primarily focused on the WDW info, so any regurgitated DL tips and tricks would be appreciated.

Anyone gone to Disneyland this summer? We're going for our first ever trip at the beginning of August, and was wondering what we could expect crowdwise. We are WDW veterans, but newbies to DL. It was never in our plans to go, but we were heading out west, primarily for Grand Canyon and national parks, and we figured that was as close to Anaheim as we'd probably get for the foreseeable future, so we're going for 3 days. I've read this whole thread, but primarily focused on the WDW info, so any regurgitated DL tips and tricks would be appreciated.
Curious on this as well. Last time we went to DW it was so crowded I swore I’d never go back. Kids have been to DW several times so I could get behind a more laid back experience if DL qualifies as that.

Transportation options from MCO to the theme parks just got a little slimmer. Sunshine Fliers which emerged as an independent bus company after Magical Express was discontinued, has just merged with Meers and will operate under the name "Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine"

Meers was the operator of Disney's Magical Express even though it was billed as a "Disney service" while in operation. However, Meers has yet to be able to capture that same level of service since DME was canceled. We have used Sunshine and their service was great. I hope they can keep up that level of service.

The new service will begin August 1, 2023.

Transportation options from MCO to the theme parks just got a little slimmer. Sunshine Fliers which emerged as an independent bus company after Magical Express was discontinued, has just merged with Meers and will operate under the name "Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine"

Meers was the operator of Disney's Magical Express even though it was billed as a "Disney service" while in operation. However, Meers has yet to be able to capture that same level of service since DME was canceled. We have used Sunshine and their service was great. I hope they can keep up that level of service.

The new service will begin August 1, 2023.
Agreed on Sunshine Flier, we used them a few months ago and they were on time, efficient and very friendly. I hope the merger isn't a negative, but not hopeful.

New Minion Blast Attraction is almost open UO.

Replacing Shrek 4D, the new Villon-Con Minion Blast will be opening later this summer.

Details

And, doing what Disney SHOULD be doing with their digital app:
In a first for Universal Orlando, connected gameplay will be enabled through the Official Universal Orlando Resort App. Guests link their blaster to their phone to track scores, go on special missions within the attraction and unlock special perks. They can also earn digital collectibles.

"Plus, this digital experience connects to the visitor's Universal Guest Account within the Universal Orlando app, unlocking a deeper connection that enhances their in-park experience and sets the stage for even more digital-to-physical world benefits," Universal said.

There was a massive tugowar on the direction of the disney app. The tech stooges won and convinced the execs they could make all the problems go away via tech. They were obviously wrong. They need to get back to listening to the focus groups

Users who are viewing this thread