What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DJ Williams - Give up on him in a dynasty league? (1 Viewer)

jon2shrts

Footballguy
I have DJ and it is much less of a penalty if we cut players before 12/31. Is it time to cut CJ? Does he have a chance to move back to MLB or WLB in the next 2 years?Thanks

Al Wilson is a $5.2mm cap hit in '07. I'm assuming the Broncos will either restructure his deal or simply cut ties. If Wilson moves to greener pastures, I could see DJ moving inside to take his place.

Struggled with this all season long. Kept him in three dynasty leagues, had to cut him for space in one only to pick him back up at our deadline.I'm always guilty of keeping players who've not proven themselves too long, but DJ does not fall into that category. It's hard for me to forget the second half of 2004 when DJ was a top 5 performer from the WLB spot and looked every bit as good on the field as his stats suggested.Gold is cheap for 2006 and he'll only be 28 next summer, while Wilson's cap number doubles in each of the next two seasons and there's been rumblings he's slowing down. So Gold probably isn't going anywhere unless injured and realistically neither DJ or Gold are great MLB material if Wilson goes. Both seem to be best in the WLB spot. And the risk is that DJ may already by typecast as the SLB by the Broncos. He's signed through 2009.I'd hold him through the offseason and watch closely. He's worth the offseason roster spot.

DJ's a solid talent. With his size and speed combo, he can play any of the LB positions while Wilson and Gold probably only work well in their current positions. So, to field the best LB corp, he gets pushed to SLB. But, if Wilson or Gold walk or get booted for money reasons, or become injured, he could perform well in the middle or weak-side. When the guy is on the field (which is not often since NFL D's play nickle more than half the time), he seems to always be around the ball. If he get's an opportunity, he could produce nicely.Another thought, he is two years into his rookie contract. How long was his rookie contract - 3 years? Anyone know?

DJ's a solid talent. With his size and speed combo, he can play any of the LB positions while Wilson and Gold probably only work well in their current positions. So, to field the best LB corp, he gets pushed to SLB. But, if Wilson or Gold walk or get booted for money reasons, or become injured, he could perform well in the middle or weak-side. When the guy is on the field (which is not often since NFL D's play nickle more than half the time), he seems to always be around the ball. If he get's an opportunity, he could produce nicely.

Another thought, he is two years into his rookie contract. How long was his rookie contract - 3 years? Anyone know?
Signed through 2009.

very bad move to drop DJ. The kid is going to be an elite LB in time, i have no doubt about it. heck he was already elite for a stretch in 2004. Good things come to those who wait, even if its until 07 or 08.

Agree with what's been said--if you can, hold onto him. Physically, he is just as talented as Vilma. If he ever moves back to WLB or to MLB, he'll be gold.

Users who are viewing this thread